PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Speech Sounds

bw_wolverine
09-03-2011, 09:23 PM
In the most recent update post by Luthier he says that the speech sounds are now out in the open for us to tinker with.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but does that mean we can add extra 'pilots' into the library?

What I mean is, every pilot in the game currently sounds identical. In the old IL-2 they at least had some voice variations. Different planes had different pilots in them, or so it seemed.

Can we start to build up libraries of pilots?

If anyone knows if this is possible, thanks for any info on it.

adonys
09-04-2011, 05:57 AM
we can use all the old ones for IL2 and addons for a start :)

David198502
09-04-2011, 09:18 AM
It seems likely, just based off the fact they are opening it up. I'm hoping we'll get to record everything voice-wise ourselves!

Need some volunteers that sprechen Deutsch!

well i volunteer.but in exchange i would need one who speeks english wihout accent.

scott_fitz96
09-05-2011, 05:51 AM
"Tally-ho Red Flight. Jerries at two o'clock. Keep your heads on a swivel."

"This is Red Two, he's all over me, I can't shake him!"
"Red Three, I see you, coming to assist."

"Jolly good shot, Red Leader! That's one less to worry about."

"Get out Red Four, hit the chute!"
"I'm on fiirrreee....!"

How was that? :) Even though I live in Aus, I could probably do a voice pack if I knew how and if I could be bothered.

I could even help with German, but in a more limited fashion...

"Achtung, zehn minuten zum ziel. Ich wiederhole, zehn minuten zum ziel. Ende."

"Spitfeur! Ein ganzes geschwader, um drei Uhr!"
"Hilfe, hilfe! Mein Messerschmitt ist kaputt!"
"Scheisse, ich bin auf feuer!"

Or something like that...

Only problem is that when you type in the command, you don't hear it being given, only the replies. I would personally like to hear the command as well.
Tally-ho,
Scott.

JG1_Luckystrike
09-05-2011, 02:02 PM
"Scheisse, ich bin auf feuer!" Man kann nicht auf Feuer sein. :grin:

FG28_Kodiak
09-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Hm vielleicht meint er:
"Scheiße, ich brenne!"

oder
"Scheiße, ich bin unter Beschuss"
wobei ein deutscher Pilot "Ich bin angestrahlt" als Code verwenden würde :rolleyes:

matsher
06-30-2012, 02:25 AM
Could we add a VOICE OVER command system like a few of the newer gen games.
'cause our command system is so klonky as to be almost DOS like in its question /descision tree.
Just something simple nothing fancy... So you sould wear your headset and say
"SPACE" then command menu comes up then say "three" and command subset 3 comes up... and then issues the command number etc etc

So you could just have to say SPACE - SEVEN - TWO

So we won't have to issue commands by calculator any more.

The VOs and command systems are so generic and prehistoric and totally distracting when you need to be in the moment.

Just a thought

matsher
06-30-2012, 02:30 AM
In the most recent update post by Luthier he says that the speech sounds are now out in the open for us to tinker with.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but does that mean we can add extra 'pilots' into the library?

What I mean is, every pilot in the game currently sounds identical. In the old IL-2 they at least had some voice variations. Different planes had different pilots in them, or so it seemed.

Can we start to build up libraries of pilots?

If anyone knows if this is possible, thanks for any info on it.

Would be totally into doing that... I can do British and South African accents pretty well, and can get sound engineers to polish them if you guys send me some raw Voice overs.