PDA

View Full Version : Tracers

Tavingon
09-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Has anyone made any different tracer effects? Im not sure about the default ones to me it just looks like the planes are shooting icicles! :-P

Madfish
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
And you want them to shoot planes now? Or why post it in the skins forum? :-P

Tracers are meant to be visible though.
- To see where you're shooting
- To see that the ammo is almost empty (different tracer color)
etc.

Today we even have so called dim tracers that are meant to be visible only by night vision equipment.

You can read about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracer_ammunition

Tavingon
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Ah i was just wondering if there were some different tracer effets that didnt look so cheesy!

Jaws2002
09-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Ah i was just wondering if there were some different tracer effets that didnt look so cheesy!

Tell me a game where you think the tracers don't look cheesy. I'm just curious. What kind of tracers you think don't look cheesy?

Tavingon
09-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Anything where they dont just look like white lines...

M1sF1rE
09-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Tell me a game where you think the tracers don't look cheesy. I'm just curious. What kind of tracers you think don't look cheesy?

Wings of Prey has tracers that are perfection IMO.

At least in the game world.

esmiol
09-07-2011, 09:50 AM
WOP traceers are all exept realistic!

Blackdog_kt
09-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, real life is in many cases less impressive than gaming.

With the new graphics/colours/lighting effects the tracers in CoD now appear thinner and watching them gives me flashbacks from the army when i was shooting guns at the range, it's pretty much identical to what i saw.

I don't know if it's enjoyable or not to the majority of people, but it certainly is a lot closer to what i've seen in the real world and i did see quite a bit of it in terms of different calibers, from rifle caliber rounds all the way up to 20mm rheinmetal flak rounds.

It's ok not to like it, it's just that they don't appear much different in reality either: they are just streaks of thin, bright light.

Madfish
09-07-2011, 08:22 PM
I agree but I'd also like to point out something that I feel many are forgetting. There is a difference between tracer ammo and normal projectiles.

I don't think the way CloD looks right now in that regard is bad. There are more important issues open and much of what is left right now (regarding tracers) is pure taste and far from a valid arguments that could make a vast difference.

Jaws2002
09-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Wings of Prey has tracers that are perfection IMO.

At least in the game world.

You must be joking. :rolleyes:

Arklight
09-11-2011, 08:14 AM

VBS 2 has excellent tracer effects (the military sim based off of ArmA 2).

Start at 57 seconds and watch from there.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-8253724260569242420&q=vbs2#

CWMV
09-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow...those are really good tracers.