PDA

View Full Version : 30-Aug update and FM

drewpee
09-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Hi, It mite be just me but after the update when I went online the first thing that happened to me was a graphics glitch in the form of huge black columns. I dropped my refresh rate and fixed that.
The thing is flying the 109 I had to open the radiators more to keep things cool. I cooked my motor a couple of times before I realized the temp was high under normal load (maybe global warming). The other thing is I got my ass kicked online. I can usually give as good as I get and have been getting better but last nite I just couldn't compete with the Brits (it could also be that I just suck).
Any one else notice any AC performance changes or am I going mad ?

LoBiSoMeM
09-01-2011, 02:00 AM
I only tested performance after Steam update+clean cache. But if people have doubts of this OBVIOUS gains in my system, I'll not even talking about "subtle" changes... LOL!

"It's only 20MB..."

Blackdog_kt
09-01-2011, 06:29 AM
No idea about FM changes. As for the graphical glitches, always clear your cache after each patch. It forces the sim to rebuild the cache from scratch (which means it's compatible to whatever graphics changes the latest patch might institute) and helps prevent artifacts and such.

SNAFU
09-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Well for the temperature might me true?! I was surprised yesterday during a short test trip after bringing our server onlinie in the HL.

Usually I close my water radiator on the 109 one turn from fully open after takeoff and can maintain a water temperature around 85°C. Yesterday I realized that my water temp was about 95°C or higher in my default cruise and combat settings. I had to open the radiator a little bit further, but didn´t think of the update in relation. Might be just by chance or related to a change, don´t know, but the first time for long, that I had to open the rads because of high water temperatures.

Otherwise I didn´t notice any change in performance or other stuff.

Sven
09-01-2011, 02:49 PM
I cooked my 109 first time during a flight over England, could be just bad luck though.

beepee
09-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Dont suppose anyone noticed the rudder trim on spit is reversed -ie when you trim to right rudder aircraft rolls to left and vice-versa-which affects roll rate -or is it just me??

Ze-Jamz
09-03-2011, 10:57 AM
fellas, would they not have included these changes in the patch were waiting for.?

And Im pretty sure if they did make changes to FM's as you suspect we would of had a read-me surely..

I think its just a bit of bad luck but knowing we've had a small update gets the mind stirring

beepee
09-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Works correctly for me, if you have the trim set to an axis, try reversing it.yup tried that-seems it turns away from inside wing as in full left rudder try s to roll to right ???