PDA

View Full Version : What do you think it is that Luthier thinks will have Competitors squirming?

Mysticpuma
08-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Luthier said:

"We also have a rather cool new major feature almost ready. It’s not going to make this patch. In order to keep the competitors squirming, we won’t say what it is until we’re ready to release it."

For the sake of keeping the posts short and to the point you get three guesses (not including Luthier!) to see if you guess right when it's released, so here are mine.

1) Pilot visible in the cockpit from the player POV when inside

2) Dynamic Campaign Generator

3) Ability to view aircraft in online battles on a 3D battle map like you were in a map room with a virtual environment showing all the aircraft in the sky (imagine Map view with Red and Blue icons, but larger view and the aircraft are in 3D, the map fills the screen?

Okay, your turn ;) cheers, MP

Aditional comment after looking at replies;

Thinking more about the wording of competitors I have to assume that Luthier is talking about WW2? If that is the case it must refer to World of Planes and World of Warplanes, two 'competitors' in the WW2 flight market.

Now, if that is the case, these two pieces of software hinge on the fact that they will have an online experience that is a dynamic free-flowing war arena, where events change the way missions are loaded and the results of those change the ebb and flow the Mission/Campaign/Map that is loaded.

If they released something like that, I can imagine that making the competitors 'squirm' as it would pre-empt their release by months and dilute the enthusiasm for their products?

Cheers, MP

furbs
08-31-2011, 06:23 PM
If its HurriGirl then im going to visit Luthier in person. :)

pupo162
08-31-2011, 06:30 PM
1- dinamic weather
2- bomber packs ( some kind of AI tweek wich allows huge, 200+, bomber formations without bringing the game to an alt)

i like your 1 and 2 Mysticpuma, 3 doesnt appeal to me.

any of these would make my day.

AndyJWest
08-31-2011, 06:32 PM
Nope - it will include a built-in train, tank and ship simulator. ;)

Just kidding (I think). I'd guess it is more likely to be on-line than off-line related, but beyond that, who knows? We should have enough to keep ourselves occupied for a bit anyway, when the patch arrives. I'm happy to wait and see...

tk471138
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Luthier said:

"We also have a rather cool new major feature almost ready. It’s not going to make this patch. In order to keep the competitors squirming, we won’t say what it is until we’re ready to release it."

For the sake of keeping the posts short and to the point you get three guesses (not including Luthier!) to see if you guess right when it's released, so here are mine.

1) Pilot visible in the cockpit from the player POV when inside

2) Dynamic Campaign Generator

3) Ability to view aircraft in online battles on a 3D battle map like you were in a map room with a virtual environment showing all the aircraft in the sky (imagine Map view with Red and Blue icons, but larger view and the aircraft are in 3D, the map fills the screen?

4) Oleg is coming back

4a) Okay 4 isn't going to happen so I've only had 3 :)

Okay, your turn ;) cheers, MP

maybe 2 but even then this isnt some complex and like unheard of feature...i dont see 1 being that big of a deal...im the pilot and i can see my hands on my joystick and so on...same with 3...i didnt buy the game to watch battles play out on a map...

in reality all they have to do to make their competitors squirm is to simply refine the game and work out all the bugs, the fact that this game even exists should be enough to make competitors squirm...

Vengeanze
08-31-2011, 06:36 PM
1. Dynamic/historical weather
2. Land to refuel and rearm (hopefully animated)

conio
08-31-2011, 06:38 PM
1.- After successfully parachuting on enemy territory, being able to control the pilot in order to escape capture and return to the friendly lines (FPS style).

2.- Control of ground units or groups of units.

3.- Voice activated commands to the other pilots/crew.

Just wishing :) ....

Meusli
08-31-2011, 06:41 PM
1) A flyable Wellington, please!
2) Living breathing airports.
3) Pilot control out of the aircraft.
4) Wing walking on the Tiger Moth which now has a crunchie skin!

http://www.jr-creative-images.co.uk/Aircraft%20Section/images/Wingwalkers%20%22Crunchie%22-003.jpg

Warhound
08-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Controllable AA and torpedoboat.
Or indeed lifelike dynamic weather with airlayers ,temperature and so forth.
Both would be fun but my preference goes to dynamic weather.

snwkill
08-31-2011, 06:43 PM
I am going to take a shot in the dark...

1. Auto battle recording so you can watch your online battle after the fact, sort of like DCS and lockon series... And they have been working with the makers of Tacview to incorporate it with IL2.

2. A built in scripting IDE with full tooltip help on all functions

3. A new first person shooter added for after you bail, having to walk back to base without getting captured with only your side-arm.

NSU
08-31-2011, 06:48 PM
playable Panzer

Ataros
08-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Drivable U-boats.

No601_Swallow
08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
St Paul's bleedin' Cathedral

furbs
08-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Fsaa ;)

ATAG_Snapper
08-31-2011, 06:57 PM
Three new locomotive models?

Chivas
08-31-2011, 07:04 PM
I hope its an animated refuel and rearm feature.

Ze-Jamz
08-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Weather

IamNotDavid
08-31-2011, 07:13 PM
Weather seems most likely.

Jaws2002
08-31-2011, 07:18 PM
I'd hope to be dynamic weather and new clouds, but I think we'll get something obscure that 2% of the players asked for.:(

Sven
08-31-2011, 07:27 PM
I just hope for something that will pleasantly surprise me :grin:

machoo
08-31-2011, 07:30 PM
The ability to import aircraft , vehicles , maps from previous IL-2 titles would be the titts!

addman
08-31-2011, 07:41 PM
playable Panzer

Been reading through the thread and THIS guess is the only thing that would make the competitors squirm, IMO.

icarus
08-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Nukes!!!!!:eek:

pupo162
08-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Been reading through the thread and THIS guess is the only thing that would make the competitors squirm, IMO.

well. it would be awsome, but 1940 panzers would probably piss off a few

addman
08-31-2011, 07:46 PM
well. it would be awsome, but 1940 panzers would probably piss off a few

lol yeah! 1940 Panzer II=Tin can with pea shooter.

KG26_Alpha
08-31-2011, 07:58 PM
St Paul's bleedin' Cathedral

Hehe

They also forgot this huge historical area.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=royal+naval+college&hl=en&ll=51.484376,-0.006437&spn=0.011238,0.027874&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=np&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=51.484376,-0.006437&cbp=12,0,,0,0&photoid=po-6881752

SNAFU
08-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Maybe manable AA guns, pilot fatigue, aircontroller strike or moles causing havoc on your airfield?

von Pilsner
08-31-2011, 08:11 PM
1. Added a greenish hue to the cloud layer over England.
2. Malicious code that deletes all other flight games from your hard drive.
3. Driveable trains!!!!

skouras
08-31-2011, 08:21 PM
a feature to enter the aircraft or leave it

slm
08-31-2011, 08:33 PM
That Su plane that was supposed to be included to demonstrate the filight model, but is not there yet.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-31-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh, drivable panzers during battle of britain, that'll be a great idea :grin:

playable aaa would be great and probably already implemented, just not yet unlocked.

1C has taken over silent hunter 5 and integrated in the game.

we can choose the career of a mechanics collecting points by being the fastest in discovering and repairing damages.

Luffe
08-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Integrated facebook status updates.

Revvin
08-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Killstreaks, if you get 5 kills you get to call in a cobra, get a few more and you get a huey or an SR-71 spy plane that shows up every plane on the map, get a few more and you get dogs...dogs with parachutes. Also if you get close to the enemy you can jump out of your plane, rip the canopy off your opponents aircraft steal his plane which then opens up a series of missions like flying a drug dealer to his next meeting or doing a fly-by shooting. If you are lucky and you manage to beat your opponent up in a small side scrolling beat-em-up screen you'll get to dual wield his aircraft and yours. I think that is what is planned...I think.

Hecke
08-31-2011, 08:51 PM
the redone-from-scratch clouds

tk471138
08-31-2011, 08:52 PM
so far (excluding obvious sarcastic posts) not many of the ideas have been really that great and certainty not enough to get their competitors squirming...come on guys think BIG...i dont know what will make the competitors squirm, i mean i hope its something that is something that is so far unique to the genre...who knows...it could be exaggeration on their part...

lets get serious

for starters do you think this announcement has something to do with something we might have to pay for down the road ?? say an expansion that they havent announced, i know they hinted at such with that silhouetted picture, and announcing their attentions to expand on the battle of Britain with other theaters and period, but have they officially made an expansion announcement??

or is this a free content release, perhaps a whole slew of ground vehicles and artillery and armor and ships and so on (plus the 109e4)

or like some have speculated existing possible features that have yet to be unlocked, such as artillery that we can control, which could seem plausible, but not so much tanks...though in an flight simulator this would seem to be more of a novelty...

Strike
08-31-2011, 08:58 PM
I have already seen an early dev video that showcases a Bofors being controlled by human and shooting at AI planes.

Btw, did you see the lonely bofors in the vid that just sat there and did nothing?

1) Perhaps that's the clue, you can now control AA?

Either way it's a cool feature they've long talked about and to be frank, it would be awesome to have ingame.

2) What would really be awesome was if they upped the view-distance LODS on ships so you could control ships and wage naval warfare :)

3) Pilot walk outside aircraft (view damage after a fight for instance, or able to get in/out of aircraft and pilot them. This is a logical possibility since they already allow players to "swap" aircrafts mid-game with no delay whatsoever)

4) Final guess would be implementation of a bailout sequence :)

ATAG_Doc
08-31-2011, 09:00 PM
A cash bounty for shooting noobs down. Or a BBQ grill for baggin the first 100.

Ze-Jamz
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Being able to man Bofors etc

badfinger
08-31-2011, 09:05 PM
How about getting vectors from the radar controllers?

binky9

Buchon
08-31-2011, 09:12 PM
I have already seen an early dev video that showcases a Bofors being controlled by human and shooting at AI planes.

Btw, did you see the lonely bofors in the vid that just sat there and did nothing?

Either way it's a cool feature they've long talked about and to be frank, it would be awesome to have ingame.

2) What would really be awesome was if they upped the view-distance LODS on ships so you could control ships and wage naval warfare :)

3) Pilot walk outside aircraft (view damage after a fight for instance, or able to get in/out of aircraft and pilot them. This is a logical possibility since they already allow players to "swap" aircrafts mid-game with no delay whatsoever)

My vote goes here :rolleyes:

I remember that talk about controllable AA, and be able to swap planes controlling the pilot can be a awesome feature for online and single games, is a form of rearm and fueling.

From graphical point of view, I recall that there new clouds and water (current water is a place holder), and dont forget DX11 support.

patrat1
08-31-2011, 09:16 PM
player controlled AA, as several people have already mentioned.

Ctrl E
08-31-2011, 09:28 PM
You will be able to catch VD from a slapper at a village bar near the airfield?

conio
08-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Open source the game.

Meusli
08-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Maybe with the new look terrain they have manged to increase the area of maps to go all the way to Berlin? That way we could have a Bomber Command missions to the Ruhr.

rfa
08-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Well, who are the competitors? Certainly no WWII sim can compete with Cliffs of Dover as far as historical accuracy, object detail, or realism. If there is a game that gets close (arguably) to a certain element of CoD, it would probably be WWIIOL. ...with it's equally large and detailed terrain.

So, given vehicle commands are already in the keymapper, I'd say they will add "playable" vehicles and/or ships - just like WWIIOL has.

Just my 2 cents.

rfa

Continu0
08-31-2011, 09:40 PM
My guess:

Dynamic online campaign which alows battles to go on over a couple of weeks...

This would definitely be something totaly new as far as i know?

jimbop
08-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Dynamic campaign would be my wish (but would hardly make the competitors squirm) but weather is my guess.

FlyingShark
08-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Create your own pilot model ingame.

An easy way to make skins ingame without needing to edit templates in seperate software.

Animated groundcrew who guide you during taxiing.

~S~

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Rof and Clod will merge ... :)

JG5_emil
08-31-2011, 10:04 PM
ATC to be able to vector air units i.e. a ground controller

Meusli
08-31-2011, 10:05 PM
How about more detail on the ground, like farm animals, humans and buses and cars (that we have seen in past updates) grazing, walking and driving about.

ATAG_Doc
08-31-2011, 10:14 PM
The option to use a scrotum sack image for kill mark over the swastika.

Zappatime
08-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Well, in Luthier's words, it has to be:

A. Cool :cool:
B. Major
C. Able to make its competitors squirm

So here's my 3:

1. First person scramble along with all those 'shelf loads of crew animations' that Luthier mentioned a while ago.
2. Dynamic weather (though we all thought we'd got this when we bought CLOD in the first place)
3. Playable AA ground crew or, at a push, playable air-sea rescue for downed crewmen.

My money's probably on dynamic weather, though thats been talked of a lot as a feature that was not finished and hit fps badly. Luthier's comment makes it sound totally new and unique, i.e. Not something previously talked of as planned or originally intended, but its hard to imagine theyve had the time to implement something completely new AND major, I hope he meant it! :rolleyes:

Gnasher
08-31-2011, 10:32 PM
Theatre of War uses a modified IL2 engine maybe add RTS ground to online games?

Feathered_IV
08-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Probably that naff feature of abandoning your aircraft to fire an AAA gun that he always wanted.
When luthier talks of great new features and "Holy Sh*t" moments, I tend to think of spitgirl and the buggy campaign.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Or we get now the expansion towards a farm simulator. The cows are already there ...

icarus
08-31-2011, 10:49 PM
In all seriousness, the thing that would make the most fear in the competition would be a DC. That would even make jet the sim competition squirm.

ElAurens
08-31-2011, 10:52 PM
1. Dynamic weather based on the reports of the time period.

Or my real dream, flyable Walrus with points for rescuing pilots downed in the Channel.

AARPRazorbacks
08-31-2011, 10:57 PM
The water may be the clue. transparent shorelines.

Could it be subs that you can see underwater?

Or maybe be AA you can man on trucks and trains.

In time I think all this will be possible in CLoD.

Cliffs of Dover- Planes, Trains, Ships and automobiles all derivable and all have manageable gun stations by different people in MP.

Now that would make the competitors squirm.

Long Live Cliffs of Dover.

Zappatime
08-31-2011, 11:00 PM
I see 'squirm' as a 'g*d dammit why didn't we think of doing that ' moment. If he's not saying yet, then surely its something never prevously mentioned or promised. He's a tease that Luthier chap.

Perhaps we get to paddle on the newly enhanced shoreline, that would be 'cool' ;)

Dano
08-31-2011, 11:06 PM
1) Persistant online dead is dead dynamic campaign engine with in game squadron tracking and management tools, including real commander positions akin to the battlefield games system with situation rooms.

2) Free to play integrated AAA/Spotter game for non-fliers with a structured communications system to allow reporting of incoming enemy aircraft.

3) Community relations personna who will interact on a daily basis and keep us kids in check ;)

Wolf_Rider
08-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Battlefield Commander

speculum jockey
08-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Code that allows the game to run properly. ;)

CharveL
08-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Working radar implementation that they mentioned years ago.

Feathered_IV
08-31-2011, 11:51 PM
The only thing clod could do to make the opposition squirm is release an A-10 and a Sopwith Camel.

capt vertigo
09-01-2011, 12:11 AM
3d..!?

Dons goggles.. :cool:

xnomad
09-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Well who are the competition? The only thing close is World Of Planes as they are in the same time period. So what would make the WOP guys squirm?

Maybe something to bring in the 'aircade' players?

As we are on Steam maybe it's all about hats, like in Team Fortress 2.
http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Hats
We get to collect hats and trade them with other players!
The open canopy aircraft will be all the rage because other players will have unrestricted view of our magnificent hats. Oh the jealousy!....

ACE-OF-ACES
09-01-2011, 01:24 AM
An actual working mirror that I could use to check my hair before flight to make sure Im looking goooood!

Catseye
09-01-2011, 01:24 AM
How about getting vectors from the radar controllers?

binky9

Now this makes a lot of sense. An integral part of history missing in most sims since Falcon4.

wannabetheace
09-01-2011, 01:27 AM
MY BIGGEST GUESS IS WE WILL FLY IN THIS MAP AVATOR.MAP
SECOND, WE CAN USE 3D MODE WITH GOGGLES :)
http://cg.creativefan.com/files/2010/08/image_432.jpg

THIS IS ONLINE NEW MAP :cool:

Robotic Pope
09-01-2011, 01:41 AM
Just cause 2 style plane stealing :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZpDwnCfT4o&feature=related

Codex
09-01-2011, 02:27 AM
So Mysticpuma must know something we don't know ;)

and yeah ... who is the "competition" to CLOD?

BigC208
09-01-2011, 02:55 AM
Mindblowing realistically looking dynamic weather.

tk471138
09-01-2011, 04:40 AM
I see 'squirm' as a 'g*d dammit why didn't we think of doing that ' moment. If he's not saying yet, then surely its something never previously mentioned or promised. He's a tease that Luthier chap.

exactly, it should as i understand the phrase "to make your competition squirm" as doing something that the whole or most of the flight sim genre (their competition) either says "why didnt we think of that" or "i cant believe that they were able to implement this so soon"

ATAG_Bliss
09-01-2011, 04:51 AM
Well they do have vehicle control assignments already :)

I've yet to see a flight sim that allows you to control the tanks, vehicles, AAA etc., but I don't exactly think we are anywhere near that stage yet.

I'm hopeful it has something to do with the water or clouds/weather, and of course, hoping we see many of the bugs squashed in upcoming patch(s).

I just want to properly be able to hop into an all human controlled bomber. Then I can sit back and drink my bourbon while Borris does all the work :D

Herbs107
09-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Smellavision..

Blackdog_kt
09-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Well, in Luthier's words, it has to be:

A. Cool :cool:
B. Major
C. Able to make its competitors squirm

So here's my 3:

1. First person scramble along with all those 'shelf loads of crew animations' that Luthier mentioned a while ago.
2. Dynamic weather (though we all thought we'd got this when we bought CLOD in the first place)
3. Playable AA ground crew or, at a push, playable air-sea rescue for downed crewmen.

My money's probably on dynamic weather, though thats been talked of a lot as a feature that was not finished and hit fps badly. Luthier's comment makes it sound totally new and unique, i.e. Not something previously talked of as planned or originally intended, but its hard to imagine theyve had the time to implement something completely new AND major, I hope he meant it! :rolleyes:

That's pretty much my guess as well.

As for the dynamic campaign, it would work both online and offline and have the ability to pre-plan sorties from within the game lobby and not having to go to the FMB: if the map is populated by scripted actions, it's not much of a deal to create a friendly AI group and give it a few waypoints, in fact it can almost be done already.

Send a blenheim over to france, if it gets back you get some pictures (that's another one along with pilot rescue, photo recon). Then, assuming something important is there set up more blenheims to bomb that place.
Have them start as an AI flight but choose one aircraft as your own (plus maybe a spare in case the first one gets shot down) and set it up with a password.

You are still at work, but your bombers are starting up and warming their engines. You go back home, eat dinner and your bombers are over the channel now. By the time you sit in front of the PC and join the server, they are almost at the enemy coast. You select among your previously marked aircraft, enter a pre-selected password and spawn into your bomber.

Not very crucial for the short distances we currently fly, but it would enable us to fly the interesting parts of long missions in the future, without having for example to sit down for a 6-hour session to Berlin and back. At the same time, the actual aircraft in the sim would not be magically spawning with airstarts and the opposition would have a way to shoot them down and affect the outcome of the mission, results and casualties would be tracked by the campaign engine and all would have an effect on the final outcome.

Add ground spawning areas for ground units and infantry, have those areas move according to frontline changes and supply routes and you have something that can draw in pretty much everyone, sell in huge numbers and be absolutely awesome to play:

Are your trucks bombed before reaching the spawn area and your marshalling yards in rubble and congested? Then you have no supplies to move forward and the spawning area stays the same.
Are your supplies reaching the front? Then as soon as you capture new ground and hold it for some time, the spawning area moves forward so that ground players can join the action easier.
Of course, supplies would not be just for show...if fuel or ammo is not enough, you might have to start a mission (air or ground) with reduced fuel and rounds in your aircraft/tank/etc.

Call me crazy but that's where i think this is all going, plus why it took so long to develop and had so many problems
We already have scripts with moving frontline markers and AI units spawning behind those markers (check the battle of France scenarios running on the Repka servers, it's exactly the basic premise of what i described above), as well as the difficulty options for the server to control if we even can spawn our own aircraft or change positions within a multi-crewed bomber, heck if we even can change sides.

In a couple of years time we could be having online campaigns that span weeks or months and strategic planning would be somewhat important in winning. Maybe we'll have to register which side we'll fly for before it starts and then we can't change sides for the duration of the campaign, because a server-side add-in takes that date from the website and assigns us to the team we selected each time we join. The possibilities here are endless ;)

furbs
09-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Blackdog, yep your crazy! :)
At the moment they cant get the AI to have the same roll rate as human pilots, you think they are going to get all that right?

I would be happy and amazed and think of it as a MAJOR feature that would have the competition squirming if they just fixed the AI.

csThor
09-01-2011, 06:15 AM
I'm wary. The statement sounds too much like a statement for the press (you know, those "We're the best, we're the coolest, we know da Shiznit!" statements publishers throw around constantly) ... I'm adopting a wait and see attitude 'cause I suspect it'll be something I have absolutely no use for. :rolleyes:

HomerMix
09-01-2011, 06:23 AM
Well. driveable tanks, trucks and AA was already in Airwarrior II running on win95 :-P
Oh well... since it can't be seen as a competitor anymore... ;-p

jimbop
09-01-2011, 06:56 AM
Blackdog's description might well be the way CoD develops. I remember reading somewhere that the devs understood that the longevity of IL-2 was mostly due to the online wars - makes sense that they should build on that. Whether it is true or not? Don't know...

Phazon
09-01-2011, 07:04 AM
I also think it'll be the dynamic weather. Would be fantastic to see proper cloud formations and their effect on the weather, would really bring the channel battles to life as I doubt they were always so sunny and relatively clear. :P

Chivas
09-01-2011, 07:18 AM
I suppose it could be the dynamic weather, but its a feature already known and in the sim, albiet not working yet. Its not a big secret to the competition.

David198502
09-01-2011, 07:22 AM
1.- After successfully parachuting on enemy territory, being able to control the pilot in order to escape capture and return to the friendly lines (FPS style).

2.- Control of ground units or groups of units.

3.- Voice activated commands to the other pilots/crew.

Just wishing :) ....

voice activated commands to the ai would be awesome!!!nice idea!it first came to my mind when someone posted a video with some software doing this some weeks ago. i thought..why not implement this directly into game!?

xnomad
09-01-2011, 07:22 AM
If it's a real jaw dropper then it's odd they couldn't hold off with the US release as it may have helped with sales?

As they didn't I imagine it will probably be something for mission builders, modelers or something and not something that the average player would use but which will definitely benefit the game in some way in the long run.

sorak
09-01-2011, 07:26 AM
HELICOPTERS! they have added helicopters.. my dream has come true

Bobb4
09-01-2011, 07:31 AM
1) Mediterianian theatre of operations (they have almost the enitre planeset already. Only need to add CR42 and Glad) I am talking battle for Yugoslavia/ Greece here and maybe even crete and not the North Africa campaign.

2) The Royal Navy, criusers, destroyers and battleships (swordfish and carriers as well) and Germany gets the Uboats, destroyers and Bismark... Help with battle of Norway scenario?

3) Most likely in my book is translucent water with depth. Like Oleg showed us in one of the ship demo's Instead of the water being a flat layer as is the current place holder water it will now enable ships to sink properly :grin:

Blackdog_kt
09-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Blackdog, yep your crazy! :)
At the moment they cant get the AI to have the same roll rate as human pilots, you think they are going to get all that right?

I would be happy and amazed and think of it as a MAJOR feature that would have the competition squirming if they just fixed the AI.

It's not a case of can't, it's a case of working on other things. The AI's roll rate was fine initially, some people complained the AI was too easy and we got the new roll rate as a result to make it harder. I know, stop-gap solutions and all that, but we're getting there: if it was that easy to change it in one patch, it won't be hard to change it back in another one :-P

Back on topic though, my description was more about long term possibilities. Luthier said at one point he had a few hundred pages of design documents simply detailing how a dynamic campaign should work and that it would take at least a year for it to come to fruition, so it's not like my little scenario is something we can expect in the next patch or two.
I just like to see a few yards beyond my nose in terms of what's possible with the sim (and by possible i mean as of right now, people who can code in c# are making it happen as we speak, the rest of us will have to wait for the SDK), instead of focusing completely on short term issues to the exclusion of the awesome things that loom ahead in the distance.

As for this mentioned mystery feature i don't know if it's going to be the weather (since that is not new), but weather will affect gameplay in more ways than one.

First of all, altimeters and everything that comes with it. We would need the correct pressure from the tower controller to calibrate our altimeters and even if it's set for us on mission spawn other things can go wrong during the course of a mission.

Flying low through the soup to evade bandits? Not reliable anymore if there are pressure changes. Back in IL2 if i knew a certain part of a map i could fly blind through the clouds, simply by knowing the minimum safe altitude. Well, with truly dynamic weather and ambient air pressure changing, that altimeter might show different readings every time i go through a cloud.

Level bombing? Same as before. Flying to the target only to have your altimeter showing an incorrect value because the weather over the target is different, using that wrong value in the bombsight and missing completely.

Then it's the effects on CEM. Engines will be harder to start but able to be pushed for a longer time during cold weather, flying in low ambient pressure limits the initial manifold pressure available to the pilot, which in turn lowers the supercharger's ceiling and drags down performance across the board, etc etc.

Come to think of it, i don't know what the new feature will be but i wouldn't mind if it was the weather, in fact i can't wait for another slew of "my plane is porked/bugged" threads with the real cause being a completely valid and realistic feature :-P

Rattlehead
09-01-2011, 07:46 AM
1)
2) The Royal Navy, criusers, destroyers and battleships (swordfish and carriers as well) and Germany gets the Uboats, destroyers and Bismark... Help with battle of Norway scenario?

3) Most likely in my book is translucent water with depth. Like Oleg showed us in one of the ship demo's Instead of the water being a flat layer as is the current place holder water it will now enable ships to sink properly :grin:

These two make sense...very likely it could be something like this. Members have been begging for some RN ships for some time now, so it would be really nice to see the RN in the channel.
Some of the ideas put forth are realy good, but I don't think the team has the time for implementing something really major at this point.

The graphics & sound are being worked on extensively, so I'm guessing it's something along those lines. It could be some online feature though, but my guess it's going to be a visual implementation of some sort.
So my guess is, in order of likelihood, one of these:

1) Proper translucent water
2) Fully dynamic weather
3) DX 11 support

David198502
09-01-2011, 07:50 AM

the bailout sequence would be nice to have.but they already showed a video with it, so its nothing really new.i think they just took it out of initial release because of the many problems they were facing.we will get this feature sooner or later anyway i think.
but i think luthier is speaking about something different, as he refuses to say more, it has to be something never mentioned, or an unexpected big step forward in developement.
so it could be that vehicles are driveable now and aaa can be controlled by the player.
but i dont think it will be the dynamic weather or the dynamic campaign, cause those features are neither secrets nor really new.we had dynamic campaigns in il2 and the dynamic weather was already mentioned six years ago. so the "competitors" already assume that those features will be implemented sooner or later.

but of course luthier's terms could be exaggerated.

furbs
09-01-2011, 07:52 AM
It's not a case of can't, it's a case of working on other things. The AI's roll rate was fine initially, some people complained the AI was too easy and we got the new roll rate as a result to make it harder. I know, stop-gap solutions and all that, but we're getting there: if it was that easy to change it in one patch, it won't be hard to change it back in another one :-P

If that was the case Blackdog then why hasn't it been simply changed back in the last 2 patches?
To be honest the AI is such a tough thing to get right that i cant see it ever being good.
Thank god im a online player.
Anyway, like your thinking of future stuff, though how practical it is i dont know. :)

Bobb4
09-01-2011, 08:24 AM
We also have a rather cool new major feature
Did not see it was a major new feature. New scenarios would not be a major new feature would they. Neither would ships or new planes...

1) My guess it is radar related. The ability to play radar operator and direct both AI and human flights?????? Most likely set in a control bunker. Could even be limit First person like in Silenthunter 5.

2) Online war 24/7 using a dedicated server sort of like ADW, but 24/7 with online stats recorded.

Feathered_IV
09-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Come to think of it, the only thing that would really make the competitors squirm is if clod suddenly went free-to-play and started selling new cockpits...
:rolleyes:

jimbop
09-01-2011, 08:46 AM
Remember that he didn't say the new feature would make the competition squirm. Rather, it was him not saying what it was that would make them squirm.

All he said about the addition was that is was "a rather cool new major feature".

furbs
09-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Ive got it!!!

Its the community manager!!! :grin:

Sorry...il get my coat.

Bonkin
09-01-2011, 09:45 AM
That's pretty much my guess as well.

As for the dynamic campaign, it would work both online and offline and...

...In a couple of years time we could be having online campaigns that span weeks or months and strategic planning would be somewhat important in winning. Maybe we'll have to register which side we'll fly for before it starts and then we can't change sides for the duration of the campaign, because a server-side add-in takes that date from the website and assigns us to the team we selected each time we join. The possibilities here are endless ;)

Working in software development I have some idea of the complexities of managing software projects and the issues involved - and I've got to say I think Blackdog may have something here. I feel something big is coming. I say this because some of the fixes the community has been pressing for (i.e. SLI, better AI, gunsight bugs etc) seem to me to be the trivia jobs... but when we do get an update what do we get? A new German minelayer and some trains, i.e. stuff to the community that is not that important right now. Thing is... maybe this stuff is all going to be important? Clearly the team are working on things other than just the fixes that are required.

Just my thoughts... but longer term I'm seeing a much larger online battlefield with not just aircraft being player controllable. Maybe the MG strategy has been all along to get more involvement from 3rd party developers to make this all happen... hence the release of the SDKs? Not sure what the business model is though.

jimbop
09-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Business model for that concept could be interesting. You could imagine a subscriber arrangement for large online battlefields, especially if protracted campaigns.

mazex
09-01-2011, 10:12 AM
The biggest thing would naturally be that he named the competitors ;)

Other than that I agree with many here that the only major thing that no competitors have which also has been mentioned many times is mannable stuff on the ground... And that would be awsome, especially combined with the ability to use your legs :)

Bobb4
09-01-2011, 10:26 AM
The biggest thing would naturally be that he named the competitors ;)

Other than that I agree with many here that the only major thing that no competitors have which also has been mentioned many times is mannable stuff on the ground... And that would be awsome, especially combined with the ability to use your legs :)

World war 2 online has the above. Although is its dismal to play ;-)

beepee
09-01-2011, 11:03 AM
How about a game thats bug free an runs like a dream????

Blackdog_kt
09-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Working in software development I have some idea of the complexities of managing software projects and the issues involved - and I've got to say I think Blackdog may have something here. I feel something big is coming. I say this because some of the fixes the community has been pressing for (i.e. SLI, better AI, gunsight bugs etc) seem to me to be the trivia jobs... but when we do get an update what do we get? A new German minelayer and some trains, i.e. stuff to the community that is not that important right now. Thing is... maybe this stuff is all going to be important? Clearly the team are working on things other than just the fixes that are required.

Just my thoughts... but longer term I'm seeing a much larger online battlefield with not just aircraft being player controllable. Maybe the MG strategy has been all along to get more involvement from 3rd party developers to make this all happen... hence the release of the SDKs? Not sure what the business model is though.

Finally, someone who understands. It's not that AA or sounds or flickering shadows are not important, they very much are. I just have a feeling they are trivial compared to the general scope of the sim and the reason i feel that way is because of the hints that have already been dropped in terms of existing features.

Why would a server want to limit the player's ability to spawn aircraft of his choice or switch teams? Why would they go to all the trouble of pretty much letting the user interface with the sim with computer language code, to the point of controlling not only gameplay aspects but the interface as well?

If people have no imagination all they see is a jaggy aerial mast that's bugging them for months. If they do, they see an online war where you choose your affiliation and unit at the start and are limited to flying that for its duration, within a dynamic strategic and tactical environment.

There's way too many stuff like that to enumerate one by one. What about the in-game map tools preview? I can plot down waypoints mid-flight for crying out loud or while warming up, how long until i can have them apply to the rest of my AI spawned squad (we can spawn more than one aircraft already), then my buddies spawn into those aircraft and are presented with a nice flight plan ready to fly a mission?

I think performance fixes are pretty much in their final stages, graphics and sounds are about to also be finalized, so i'm expecting the following two steps to occur next:

1) Rework any FMs that need tweaking and debug all the existing aircraft (Ju88 gyrocompass, radial engines CEM, streamlined control logic for all aircraft controls). At this point the sim is pretty much considered a complete product.

2) Release of the SDK and moving towards that goal of an expansive, dynamic battlefield, where the player's action have a more lasting impact on the environment than simply winning a single DF map or coop mission.

I think that 6 months down the road, some people are going to be frantically trying to split the remaining 250 gallons of fuel in the airfield's reserve among them because a bunch of Heinkels blew up their fuel dump and now their Spitfires are sitting on the tarmac waiting for the AI truck convoy to arrive, while simultaneously begging for the Hurricane squadron stationed on the nearest field to throw up a bit of CAP for those fuel trucks.

And when we get to such a stage, i'll be all the more glad that they decided to put their focus on these things and bite off more than they could initially chew, even if it meant putting the most commonplace features on the back burner for a while and having to endure the ire of the community.

I didn't want CoD to be an old girlfriend with a new lipstick, i wanted it to be a new one and i didn't mind at all that her clothes were shabby and she wore no make up when i first met her. All the complaints about how could they miss what is considered a given for a modern day game are just that, having a drop dead gorgeous girl winking at you across the bar and not making a move because if she's wearing snickers and baggy jeans instead of high heels and lipstick then she's not good enough for mister snappy well-dressed :-P

Bonkin
09-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Just found some of Luthier's earlier work... maybe this sort of personnel animation will be added? :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePl_a9nAwLc&NR=1

SNAFU
09-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Guys, better keep your imagination and dreams at bay. ;)

No, something really big would`ve been used for marketing purpose - that would not have be decided by the developers, but by the puplisher.

I would rather hope for some nice features like propwash, light reflections of canopies or the like (u can usually spot for many miles before you actually see the plane), meteors at night or something like that.

Even a functioning oxygen device would have been great, but that is already done by DCS...

Mysticpuma
09-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Updated my original post at the topic start...I think I've cracked it ;)

Cheers, MP

PS. Blimey some great ideas here, wonder who will be right?!!

CharveL
09-01-2011, 02:12 PM
omg look what I found!!1

Moscow - AP, TASS

1C Maddox Games announces never before seen flight sim feature

Be prepared for an announcement of truly epic proportions. The man behind the scenes at 1C Maddox Games, Ilya Shevchenko a.k.a. Luthier, has revealed to sources an intriguing new feature addition to the popular flight simulation series sequel IL2 Sturmovik:Cliffs of Dover franchise that will leave other simulator developer's heads spinning for perhaps years to come.

Amongst other life-like features of the flight simulator including moving grass blades, texture mapped railroad tracks, and finely detailed clouds of grouped cotton balls comes a detail never before seen in a flight simulator, and anticipated with growing excitement amongst flight-sim fans the world over.

The elegantly detailed hands of Big Ben's clock located in central London are expected to move precisely each second during game time such that a carefully coordinated, slow fly-by will show up to 3 movements of the second hand and actual in-game time. Yes, as incredible as this sounds, many months of secretive hours have been poured into this next-generation feature at the necessary expense of other - now less important - features such as graphics rendering, working AI commands, and non-sterile campaigns and missions.

We can hardly contain ourselves either. If all goes as currently planned, the patch should be released this Friday, September 2nd give or take a month or two, to the delight of clock fans everywhere. As unlikely as it sounds, rumour has it that even some train station clocks will also be synchronized for real-time action as well, but critics are skeptical that this can be implemented within the coming months let alone for this patch.

Only time will tell if this is some elaborate hoax or whether clock-sim fans the world over will soon be flying past the one of the newest wonders of the simulator world in IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover.

SNAFU
09-01-2011, 02:21 PM
An integrated railway station clock sim? Huh, that`s old, even the Caucasian trains in DCS go after real time table schedule.... :cool:

Raggz
09-01-2011, 02:48 PM
I am guessing Co-op ;)

Feathered_IV
09-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Aditional comment after looking at replies;

Thinking more about the wording of competitors I have to assume that Luthier is talking about WW2? If that is the case it must refer to World of Planes and World of Warplanes, two 'competitors' in the WW2 flight market.

Now, if that is the case, these two pieces of software hinge on the fact that they will have an online experience that is a dynamic free-flowing war arena, where events change the way missions are loaded and the results of those change the ebb and flow the Mission/Campaign/Map that is loaded.

If they released something like that, I can imagine that making the competitors 'squirm' as it would pre-empt their release by months and dilute the enthusiasm for their products?

Cheers, MP

I suspect not. Maddox Games have no real experience in creating that sort of stuff. Even the original Dgen, DCG and online wars are all third party efforts. The closest MG have come to creating narrative gameplay is some very rough static campaigns. I would not expect them to break any ground in those areas any time soon.

Tavingon
09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
So we get working clocks? Great what about fixing the game? Its like a man buying new flowers for his garden when his roofs fallen in

Feathered_IV
09-01-2011, 03:07 PM
jk ;-)

Strike
09-01-2011, 03:13 PM
So we get working clocks? Great what about fixing the game? Its like a man buying new flowers for his garden when his roofs fallen in

Did you swallow that load of bull!? :P I just have to ask :)

CharveL
09-01-2011, 03:45 PM

I don't think you are quite getting the potential for accurate time coordination and synchronization capabilities this feature will bring to the table. Imagine getting separated from your flight over London and your in-dash clock is damaged from gunfire you never even heard hitting your plane. All you do is swoop down by Big Ben and get an accurate look at the meticulously detailed hands, then use that knowledge to calculate how much fuel you should have left for your return to France!

Personally I think this will be potentially even more immersive than spinning windmills or balcony railing details!

CharveL
09-01-2011, 03:49 PM

See now you are questioning the very integrity of our man Luthier. That's as ridiculous as saying half of the game's promised features wouldn't appear in the release! Sure it's an incredible feat of technical integration into an already complex game engine but there's no way they'd just outright lie to us!

Strike
09-01-2011, 04:58 PM
See now you are questioning the very integrity of our man Luthier.

rather You CharveL ;) hehe.

Either way, nice effort! :D Shame you didn't have a link to sukhoi.ru with a redirect to a Rick Roll video ;)

tk471138
09-01-2011, 05:29 PM

seriously right...the day they give any consideration to "clock enthusiasts" in video games is the day pigs fly, meaning it wont happen...(maybe clock maker simulator)

JG52Uther
09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Co-ops are already in the game, albeit with a different interface than you're used to.
Old co-ops back. That will be a major step forward...

ElAurens
09-01-2011, 10:46 PM
seriously right...the day they give any consideration to "clock enthusiasts" in video games is the day pigs fly...

Excuse me?

:grin:

Codex
09-01-2011, 10:58 PM
excuse me?

rofl

Rjel
09-01-2011, 11:47 PM
As was mentioned, my hope is for anything that will add to the immersion of being in 1940. This sim simply has no "life" to it. So anything from movable ground vehicles, to even a hint that there are people down there as in A-10C Warthog. Cut scenes that follow your "war" would add much too, IMO.

Years ago, I think Oleg (could have been another game maker) commented that CPU power really was limiting AI development. Now that multi core processors are becoming commonplace, I would like to see AI become more "modular". As new theaters and presumably new A/C were introduced into the COD game engine, new AI and its capabilities, tactics and ability to learn from your game play, could be added by plugging into your game without destroying the AI already there. We all know different planes and opponents require different tactics, it's time to have AI that takes advantage of more than endless barrel rolls and climbs no human pilot can follow. I'd love to see programming that could use an entire CPU core dedicated to nothing but AI. Maybe that's still a long way down the road.

Codex
09-01-2011, 11:59 PM
+1

Of all the things that are broke, I would really really really like to have more realistic AI, not the robotic pilots we have right now, and the ability for AI pilots to gain "experience" but also "fatigue" the more they fly.

BoBII did this well.

icarus
09-02-2011, 12:26 AM
As was mentioned, my hope is for anything that will add to the immersion of being in 1940. This sim simply has no "life" to it. So anything from movable ground vehicles, to even a hint that there are people down there as in A-10C Warthog.

So true. This video shows off Warthog well. Love the soldiers running for their lives LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GK9SZKwfcHE&feature=player_embedded#!

xnomad
09-02-2011, 01:44 AM
That was the same in IL2 I would strafe a vehicle column and you would see all these little guys run away just like that.

LoBiSoMeM
09-02-2011, 03:13 AM
As was mentioned, my hope is for anything that will add to the immersion of being in 1940. This sim simply has no "life" to it. So anything from movable ground vehicles, to even a hint that there are people down there as in A-10C Warthog. Cut scenes that follow your "war" would add much too, IMO.

I never be tired of all nonsense we have here...

"Anything from movable ground vehicles"?!?!?!

t6xGuqK42TU

ehmu4-VDT3U

The true is that people don't know this sim and keep assuming things...

r0bc
09-02-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm not asking for much, I'll be more then happy if we just get what we already have fixed....anything extra will be a bonus.

Rjel
09-02-2011, 04:13 AM
I never be tired of all nonsense we have here...

"Anything from movable ground vehicles"?!?!?!

The true is that people don't know this sim and keep assuming things...

Relax slim. You're assuming too much. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my statement. What I meant was simply that the IL2 game world is "dead" unless someone puts a great deal of effort into the FMB. I've been around long enough to know there are moveable objects. I want to see randomness in the movement. There isn't any sense of discovery for me flying a mission where I know everything is going to be, time after time. OK?

Jonk
09-02-2011, 04:27 AM
This is why I like the idea of a Falcon 4 style dynamic campaign. Seeing the big push building or going to defend the line and actually being an integral part of the battle.

Canned missions are just that, following a scripted plot, the DC though is a more exciting and unpredictable animal.

I think RoF is certainly on the right track with their implementation and is has drastically improved the atmosphere and gameplay. Tough for me to hang onto anything else after seeing what's possible with today's technology.

hiro
09-02-2011, 07:12 AM
lol at pigs fly funny

I think Luthier is going the Toyota route. Keep small improvements and then you have a powerhouse Sim like IL-2 1946 is.

And a solidly, nearly bug free ClOD will make competitors shiver.

I'm going to go with what others are saying, forget the eye candy and extras, just get a solid game, then worry about the little stuff.

funnies:

Just found some of Luthier's earlier work... maybe this sort of personnel animation will be added? :grin:

LOL , plane fu maybe for the flying tigers :D

hey someone from here was posting, fess up!

So this what you were doing instead of working on IL2:Cliffs of Dover...

salmo
09-02-2011, 07:37 AM

1. Dynamic weather (weather fronts, true dynamic clouds/wind)
2. Player drivables (AA or vehicles or ships)
3. Multicrew joining (join your buddy's plane on the ground &/or in-flight)

Vengeanze
09-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Excuse me?

Hehe. Perfect timing.

Stiboo
09-02-2011, 08:24 AM
I think the water clue from Ilya is what it's all about -

So we may have Subs underwater and depth charges dropped from planes and when you have to force 'land' on water your plane will sink...and in cockpit you will get to see the water rushing over your cockpit ( as was in pre-release Moscow videos)

All we need is a mine sweeper ship as well...oh

My own wish list -

FMB Scripting made easy

Dynamic Campaign

and the 2 things that come to mind whenever Battle Of Britain is mentioned -
The Squadron scramble and RDF(radar) control.

can't wait to see what it is !!

adonys
09-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Frankly, I don't think is any huge feature, as they wouldn't had time for anything of above small magnitude, with everything they have to fix at this point. Unless it's a left-over feature which wasn't completed in time for release and until now..

So, considering all the above:
- Dynamic Campaign was already done by other.. so no
- Dynamic weather dunno if it was done in any other game, and they've announced it as a game feature.. so it might be a left-over finished (though it's a huge system of the game, and in no way a small thing to work on)
- own pilot model present in cockpit i think was already one.. so no (but it might still be a probability)
- pilot bail-out animation.. might be (as they've already talked and presented it at some point, and it's a small enough feature to can work on it without disrupting the development too much)
-airplane/map/in-game-model.. no (they were talking about a feature, not a model)
- persistent battlefield.. way too huge to can be possibly done (they haven't even made a DC until now)
- vehicle/tank player controlled was done in other games.. so not really
- cross platform multiplayer also already done in other titles
- cross game multiplayer also already done in other titles (Silent Hunter 2 + Destroyer Command)
- Radar control was already done, I think (in WoV BoB II)
- squadron scramble already done, I think (in same WoV BoB II)

There might be some other things too, of which we discussed as proposals of IL2DCE integration (as player battlefield commanders, player recon and so on), and if they won't add them, IL2DCE will.

ChocsAway
09-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Some decent AI for off-line players would make many competitors squirm ;-). It would be good to see this given some attention sooner rather than later over eye candy and trains (different department I know!).

I've recently installed IL2 1946 with the HSFX 5.01 mod and except for a few areas Clod has an awful long way to go to even get close IMO. Like many others I want to see Clod succeed and become what it was meant to be. It remains to be seen how many of us are that patient. The graphics engine and sound overhaul are very welcome but even with these additions I wonder how long long I will last with the (laughable) F-16 like AI and inaccurate flight models as they are at present. I understand it can't all be done at once but I can't help thinking that there are some odd decisions being made in the 'priorities' department. :)

furbs
09-02-2011, 11:00 AM
FSAA and vastly improved AI. that's all i want for now.

Dano
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
The ability to have the AI copy manouveres seen performed by human pilots.

fireflyerz
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
A beta out on time....;)

David198502
09-02-2011, 11:53 AM
That was the same in IL2 I would strafe a vehicle column and you would see all these little guys run away just like that.

tue!i was amazed when i saw that the first time,..im confident this will be done in COD sooner or later as well.

David198502
09-02-2011, 12:02 PM

1. Dynamic weather (weather fronts, true dynamic clouds/wind)
2. Player drivables (AA or vehicles or ships)
3. Multicrew joining (join your buddy's plane on the ground &/or in-flight)

multicrew joining.....its already possible!!!

Fall_Pink?
09-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Maybe one of these?

- Dynamic and historic weather
- Ground personell walking about and doing their stuff
- Ground vectoring
- Command room (just like in the old BoB)
- Dynamic air and ground campaing a la Falcon4
- Real looking rain drops on you canopy, wings and fuselage
- Nice looking vortices and other aerodynamic effects
- Map of northern part of UK and Norway, Holland and Belgium ;-)
- Learning AI?

I assume they will concentrate on the flight sim part first and leave it up to the 3rd party dev's to use the SDK for all other stuff like tanks and first person shooters ;-)

Rgs,
FP

Meusli
09-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Maybe one of these?

- Nice looking vortices and other aerodynamic effects

I am reading a good book on bomber command at the moment which mentions St Elmo's fire quite a bit, would love to see that included.

Catseye
09-02-2011, 04:00 PM
It seems that a great deal of effort is being placed on the sound module at this time. So after completion of this major undertaking I began to think of an extension in the sound arena.

Voice activated commands!

Now wouldn't that be an interesting breakthrough?

Cheers

David198502
09-02-2011, 04:26 PM
It seems that a great deal of effort is being placed on the sound module at this time. So after completion of this major undertaking I began to think of an extension in the sound arena.

Cheers

that would be really cool

LoBiSoMeM
09-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Relax slim. You're assuming too much. Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my statement. What I meant was simply that the IL2 game world is "dead" unless someone puts a great deal of effort into the FMB. I've been around long enough to know there are moveable objects. I want to see randomness in the movement. There isn't any sense of discovery for me flying a mission where I know everything is going to be, time after time. OK?

If you believe that DCS series have great "ramdomness" in ground units movement... You are talking about ramdom spawns?

No... I believe you'll go to another direction now, as your talking change to "only with great deal of effort into FMB"...

We have a lot of ground units in CloD, equal as any good flight sim. More detail in a sim only in ArmA series, with simplified air sim.

:-P

Iku_es
09-02-2011, 05:03 PM
What about an interactive AI crew in multicrew aircrafts?
(A2A b17 alike, but improved) I would love to have "company" when flying bombers, and not having to fly, navigate, aim bombs ALL by myself.
I can't remember any combat simulator with this feature.

Ali Fish
09-02-2011, 05:12 PM
What about an interactive AI crew in multicrew aircrafts?
(A2A b17 alike, but improved) I would love to have "company" when flying bombers, and not having to fly, navigate, aim bombs ALL by myself.
I can't remember any combat simulator with this feature.

silent hunter 5 was based around that very principle. not necessarily a good idea.

burlaff
09-02-2011, 05:35 PM
silent hunter 5 was based around that very principle. not necessarily a good idea.

hmm... I think that if it was done properly it would be very immersive, as opposed to the rather sterile atmosphere we have now in a bomber. Imagine having your crew constantly relaying information to you and so on, it would increase immersion by a huge amount I think.

Jonk
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
B-17 2 The Mighty Eighth had this and it certainly added a lot to the atmosphere of the large bomber.

kestrel79
09-02-2011, 06:13 PM
My guess is it's something big in regards to the online multiplayer experience. Oleg and Luthier in the updates years ago always spoke of large, epic battles going on for a long time.

I want to see something like this take shape and become a reality. Let's hope they can squash the major bugs soon so we can enjoy something like this.

LoBiSoMeM
09-02-2011, 06:59 PM

Cheers

I used voice activated commands in DCS: Black Shark A LOT! And in others titles too. Simple, just use a program like that:

http://www.dwvac.com/

:)

ChocsAway
09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
My guess is it's something big in regards to the online multiplayer experience. Oleg and Luthier in the updates years ago always spoke of large, epic battles going on for a long time.

I want to see something like this take shape and become a reality. Let's hope they can squash the major bugs soon so we can enjoy something like this.

I hope your guess is wrong as the single player experience is a pretty bad one all round. It needs serious work and I'm hoping that they will fix and enhance it as a priority. I don't hold out much hope though, as time progresses it seems that Clod is leaning toward being more online oriented. For me and many others that will mean finding our off-line kicks elsewhere. I've already shelved the game/sim due to the awful AI.

Wolo
09-02-2011, 08:23 PM
The new feature is Luthier playing his banjo in somewhere of england.
He told me.
Sorry for my english XD.

Catseye
09-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I used voice activated commands in DCS: Black Shark A LOT! And in others titles too. Simple, just use a program like that:

http://www.dwvac.com/

:)

Yes, but that isn't integrated into the game. I'm talking about within the game and not a third party tool to facilitate it.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-02-2011, 10:34 PM
B-17 2 The Mighty Eighth had this and it certainly added a lot to the atmosphere of the large bomber.

I agree, we should have more chatter inside a bomber. Will be one way though (always to the player position)

Something like that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoRVStgnTa8

SlipBall
09-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Oleg in a cameo, animated role will rearm, refuel, check the oil, and get the windows...all very hush hush for now.

BRIGGBOY
09-02-2011, 10:48 PM
if its hurrigirl then im going to visit luthier in person. :)

lol

pupo162
09-02-2011, 10:50 PM
I agree, we should have more chatter inside a bomber. Will be one way though (always to the player position)

Something like that:

onw thing that surprised me was the fact they called wich other by their position, Im preatty sure that if i was in a similar life or death position i owuld be yealling at mike and john, not to bombardier and gunner.

Varrattu
09-02-2011, 11:01 PM
3-D Vision is an investment that will improve the joy factor. The 3D Vision takes PC graphics in a whole new direction and is the best thing that can happen to Cliffs of Dover.

Honestly

Varrattu

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-02-2011, 11:04 PM
onw thing that surprised me was the fact they called wich other by their position, Im preatty sure that if i was in a similar life or death position i owuld be yealling at mike and john, not to bombardier and gunner.

I think they are simply so concentrated on their task and tense and all that they resorted to long trained procedures. I am convinced that during these minutes they even did not experience the full fear which was more underneath and suppressed. My guess is that the fear just during the long approach was probably the highest until they started with the running through their task list.

Catseye
09-03-2011, 02:28 AM
3-D Vision is an investment that will improve the joy factor. The 3D Vision takes PC graphics in a whole new direction and is the best thing that can happen to Cliffs of Dover.

Honestly

Varrattu

What would the user need to make it work?

icarus
09-03-2011, 02:33 AM
After reading the SimHQ review slamming the campaign, a DC is the only thing that would really elevate this sim above all the others. It would add years of playablity and allow for more payware lifespan. Its doable too.

Chivas
09-03-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm sure we will have some very good campaigns in the future, build by the developer and/or community. The use of Triggers already in the code will make for a very immersive experience no matter where you flew on the map.

icarus
09-03-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm sure we will have some very good campaigns in the future, build by the developer and/or community. The use of Triggers already in the code will make for a very immersive experience no matter where you flew on the map.

Perhaps, but there is no campaign as good a decent DC. The immersive experience of a DC is WAY higher than even a semi-dynamic campaign. There is already a community one in development so it shouldn't be too hard for the devs to do it eventually. It definitely would make the other sims squirm, thats for sure.:-D

Feathered_IV
09-03-2011, 06:51 AM

Something like that:

As uncouth as it is to quote oneself, this is how I had imagined CoD bomber ops in the pre-debacle days...

"Been thinking a bit about how one might make multi-crew aircraft more interesting. Especially with regards to the roles crew members should play. AI Flight Engineers should tell you when an engine is overheating. A navigator should man a turret if a gunner is killed or wounded. All crew should be given some awareness of the outside world and be able to report on it. Below is how I hope a mission in SoW might play out:

Inter-Service Communication & Crew Management and in SoW...

You are flying the latest mission in your Blenheim bomber's single-player dgen campaign.

It is September 1940.

You are with 53 Sqn based at Detling. You mission brief is to patrol a section of occupied coast on a line from Ostend to Zeebrugge, and on up to Middleburg.
On the Met screen (a handy innovation for SoW) you can see that there is expected to be 8/10th cloud all the way. Not bad, you tell yourself. Your orders are to return however if cloud cover is insufficient. 53 Squadron has taken a beating in the last few weeks. The Blenheims stand little chance against determined fighter attack, and on this mission you will be flying alone.

A look at the Nav-screen (another first for SoW) it shows the Navigator's suggested course for the patrol. Looks okay, but you move the return waypoint near Middleburg a little further West.
No need to tempt fate...

In the air, you see that the weather is much as the met boys predicted. Eight-tenths, down to about 3000ft. You cross the coast near Ramsgate, skimming in and out of the cloud base.
You key in your first instructions to the crew. This is done in a similar way to which you communicated to AI wingmen in the Il-2 series. Hitting the Tab key, you go to the Crew-All list
and select the command to instruct them to report on all Land-Sea-Air contacts. The AI crew's reaction time in searching if you choose a specific area to search (air, for example) is much faster
than all at the same time, but on this show you'll be needing a good lookout.

Far out into the Channel now. The AI navigator gives you a course correction. Steer one-one-oh. You look down at the compass. Must have wandered off a bit... You put on a bit of right rudder
and the nose of the Blenheim comes back around. "On course" says the Navigator approvingly. At almost the same moment, the wireless op/gunner suddenly calls out, "Ship to starboard!"

Where? You dip the wing and peer out through the cloud and mist. Can't see anything. The gunner's skill in identifying sea and land targets isn't the best. He is just a gunner after all, and his
experience level has been modelled appropriately. The AI navigator/bomb aimer however is more informative. "I see it" he says. "Bearing fifty" "Destroyer, one of ours!"

You look in the direction indicated. Ah, there it is. Very pretty. Still a ways off though. Might as well say hello...
Throttles forward, you sweep down with the intention of giving the Navy a damn good beat up. You are speeding towards the destroyer when suddenly the ships guns open up. A burst of AA appears to the right, and then suddenly another burst much, much closer, accompanied by the dry rattle of shrapnel. Oh, for F**k sake! You pull up and bank away from the destroyer. At the same time showing the roundels on the bottom of your wings. A few more shots, and the gunfire ceases. Ships in Sow have a likelyhood of aircraft recognition based on variables of distance, weather and angle.

Circling the destroyer at a more respectful distance, you see a light flashing from the bridge. "Ship is signalling..." reports the AI Wop/Gunner. "Message reads: Apologies. Be advised, enemy aircraft in the vicinity..." No future in that, you tell yourself. You hit the Tab key again and bring up the commands for your navigator, requesting a heading to target. Within moments you are back on course, climbing back up towards cloud cover. A moments consideration and you also change the crews lookout instructions. Telling them to concentrate on seeking threats from the air. Not a minute to soon either...

"Fighter, Fighter! Break right Break right!!" calls your gunner. As you throw the bomber into a steep bank, the rear gun begins to clatter . A dark shape booms over the top of your canopy and disappears into the cloud above. "Lost him..." says the gunner. Engines screaming, clawing for height, the first wisps of cloud sweep past..."

KG26_Alpha
09-03-2011, 04:25 PM
That Audio clip is well known.

It was, apparently, a studio production for radio broadcast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O22HbiJzFaM

AdamB
09-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Personally, i think it will be two things

1. Ground unit controls, because of the tab in the control customisation

2. A body mesh for the player, i.e. like in a FPS you can see your characters arms hold a gun and then fire the gun, reload etc. This would mean that the old ejection animation will come back, yippee

Hope you like

AdamB

adonys
09-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Have you seen the latest World of Planes screenshots?

There is a full pilot in player's cockpit, with one hand on throttle, one on the stick, and feet on the rudder pedals :)

Chivas
09-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Have you seen the latest World of Planes screenshots?

There is a full pilot in player's cockpit, with one hand on throttle, one on the stick, and feet on the rudder pedals :)

Thats an OK feature, but not a priority in my mind, as I can see my own hands etc on the stick and throttle in my peripheral vision. I rather see a ground crew animation that would make the home base much more immersive, especially during rearm and refueling.

adonys
09-03-2011, 08:38 PM
yes, it should not be priority, but it would be very good for immersion.

Same as having:
- animated ground crew
- animated pilots/crews (more motion capture animations of scanning the sky, moving, talking, etc)

and so on..

icarus
09-03-2011, 08:38 PM
DC is the king of sim features, bar none. CoD will destroy all others if it adds this and gets fixed up.

Bloblast
09-03-2011, 09:11 PM
I go for dynamic weather

ATAG_Dutch
09-03-2011, 09:16 PM
People.

Lots of them.

xnomad
09-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that pilot animation has always been 'doable' but they chose not to as it can actually spoil the game.

If you push a key on your keyboard then the pilot should be flicking the switch at that very moment. The animation would therefore have to preempt everything you do. Otherwise when you hit the key there will be a delay as the animation would have to move the hand to the switch first before flicking it.

Now imagine that with the dash mounted prop pitch lever on the early 109. The animation would always be a step behind your actions.

Personally I don't think we need it.

adonys
09-04-2011, 05:55 AM
And if it will be a delay.. what? Do not forget that in reality there actually was a delay between pilot thinking "I need to lower the prop pitch" and the actual action to lowering the pitch because, guess what? the pilot had to reach the prop pitch lever with his hand :)

And they can just stick it with the throttle and stick for the beginning anyway.

David198502
09-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Hmm, good point. Delays could kill you. What if you had the Anthropomorphic controls off, would you see 3-4 hands moving levers/toggling switches? haha

true.
personally i would love to see animated people in the game, except the pilot itself.as someone already mentioned, one can see your own hands and even feet in your peripheral vision while playing.thats more than enough.
the delays of motion would also detract from immersion i think, not to mention 3 or 4 hands.:grin:
furthermore if there is this inevitable delay, the animated hands would overcast important gauges,reaching the prop pitch for example, where you already have set the pp, now steering the plane again, trying to look at the rpms.
but bomber crew animations or ground crew animations and especially co-pilot animations are more than welcomed.

but if its optional, i dont have a problem with it.

Blackdog_kt
09-04-2011, 09:46 AM
With regards to the dynamic campaign, it was Luthier's project specifically before he took on the management of the entire team.

I distinctly remember that he was the one who posted a thread asking for interesting things to occur in a campaign (that's where featheredIV originally posted his ideas that you can read a few posts back in this thread), it turned into a lot of pages and Luthier was taking notes: when we were told before release that the DC had to be postponed, it was Luthier again who said "i'm sad because it was something i really wanted to do, but i've got a few hundred pages of design documents alone".

So, i expect the DC to not only make it into the sim, but also be a good one if he spent so much effort just designing it before a single line of code was written for it. I just don't expect it to happen very soon, according to his own words in those posts it would take at least a year to 18 months after the initial release of the sim to code a campaign with all the features he was designing for it.

pupo162
09-04-2011, 12:01 PM
And if it will be a delay.. what? Do not forget that in reality there actually was a delay between pilot thinking "I need to lower the prop pitch" and the actual action to lowering the pitch because, guess what? the pilot had to reach the prop pitch lever with his hand :)

SO do I.

personally i think it would be a fair compromise to have pilot hands sticked to throttle and stick, everything else would just move by magic

Das Attorney
09-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Hmm, good point. Delays could kill you. What if you had the Anthropomorphic controls off, would you see 3-4 hands moving levers/toggling switches? haha

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f17/44349d1175616921-dw6700-skyforce-out-drive-t1000_3hands.jpg

rofl!

Rjel
09-04-2011, 02:06 PM
If you believe that DCS series have great "ramdomness" in ground units movement... You are talking about ramdom spawns?

No... I believe you'll go to another direction now, as your talking change to "only with great deal of effort into FMB"...

We have a lot of ground units in CloD, equal as any good flight sim. More detail in a sim only in ArmA series, with simplified air sim.

:-P

I'm not sure what your point is, just as I'm sure you aren't comprehending what I'm saying. Language barrier I think.

To clarify, I would like to see randomly moving vehicles, not just truck or armor columns like we've seen for years in IL2. A10 has civilian traffic that seems to be anywhere on the map. It might be just an occasional car or truck, but it does appear to be random. Destroy a column of vehicles and a train in the IL2 world and as often as not, you can fly the rest of the day and not see anything else. Unless someone puts it there. Cannot CoD be programmed in such a way that as a player flies along his path, the game will generate targets as the player approaches? Hells bells, pop up buildings appear as we get nearer. What a shame, with the attention to detail the ground vehicles have received, if they aren't used effectively by the program.

If CoD is to be an online sim only so be it. But a great many players will be lost in the shuffle. Within reason, Luthier needs to figure out a way to make a believable dynamic world for us to fly in.

LoBiSoMeM
09-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm not sure what your point is, just as I'm sure you aren't comprehending what I'm saying. Language barrier I think.

To clarify, I would like to see randomly moving vehicles, not just truck or armor columns like we've seen for years in IL2. A10 has civilian traffic that seems to be anywhere on the map. It might be just an occasional car or truck, but it does appear to be random. Destroy a column of vehicles and a train in the IL2 world and as often as not, you can fly the rest of the day and not see anything else. Unless someone puts it there. Cannot CoD be programmed in such a way that as a player flies along his path, the game will generate targets as the player approaches? Hells bells, pop up buildings appear as we get nearer. What a shame, with the attention to detail the ground vehicles have received, if they aren't used effectively by the program.

If CoD is to be an online sim only so be it. But a great many players will be lost in the shuffle. Within reason, Luthier needs to figure out a way to make a believable dynamic world for us to fly in.

So you want autogenerated ground units? Well, DCS has some "civilian traffic" in some roads setting. We don't have this in CloD or 46. But this option in DCS really don't adds so much in "immersion", and the "ramdom" units placed are not so "ramdom" if you made the mission. In CloD FMB we have a lot of tools. Better than have some autogen generic ground units, will be nice have full documentation of FMB, some library of coding to use in FMB, etc.

I believe we can do all this things with is already in the sim. But it's really poor documented... :|

Gollum
09-04-2011, 03:18 PM
WWII online style supply / production system regarding plane availiblity as well as continuous dynamic online campaign where planes get "invented" as length of campaign progresses. Also, online rank system that allows you access to better planes when available and loss of all rank when pilot is killed. (meaning you start over from scratch when KIA). System is only way possible to replecate one's desire to live when faced with life threatening situations.. For example, won't see players online crashing into other planse when out of ammo or attempting to go 4 on 1.

Would be awsome.. :cool:

Also, would give soemone a reason to bail out considering it doesn't matter if you do or don't at the moment. After safely making it to ground there should be a chance generator based on friendly or enemy territory pilot ends up it on whether the pilot makes it back to friendly territory / eaten by shark.. ect..

Fredfetish
09-05-2011, 01:26 PM
lol

JG1_Luckystrike
09-05-2011, 01:30 PM
terminator 2 ?

Das Attorney
09-05-2011, 06:35 PM
He's got three hands ;)

JG1_Wanderfalke
09-05-2011, 06:38 PM
He's got three hands ;)

terminator 2 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0OaeMYTbs4

Das Attorney
09-05-2011, 06:40 PM
?????

Tbag
09-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Good old Walther!

JG1_Luckystrike
09-05-2011, 06:47 PM
I Love This Movie.

SEE
09-06-2011, 12:49 AM
Clod will have Butterflies, Catterpillars, bumblebees and various other insects at ground level detail.

When the whiners and competitors say CloD is full of Bugs the fanboys can say......Yes! they're bloody great aint they, even their fm is spot on!......;)

hc_wolf
09-06-2011, 01:15 AM
Smurfs! The Heartbraker will see you having Smurfett on your lap. RRRRRREEEOWW!

roadczar
09-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Was there an answer somewhere?

PissyChrissy
09-09-2011, 02:17 AM
Clod will have Butterflies, Catterpillars, bumblebees and various other insects at ground level detail.

Playable i hope.

Tavingon
09-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Perks system like COD

Ze-Jamz
09-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Perks system like COD

I really hope not

roadczar
09-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Integration with Red Orchestra 2? :-P

Ali Fish
09-09-2011, 12:40 PM
i believe the new addition is some sort of strategy based layer to the game . no idea what form it could take.

Ze-Jamz
09-09-2011, 12:43 PM
i believe the new addition is some sort of strategy based layer to the game . no idea what form it could take.

Attrition would be the favorite I think

Ataros
09-09-2011, 12:44 PM
There was info that they hired a person responsible for human animations like bail-out. My personal guess is it is not worth it to have a full-time employee only for dozen of bail-out animations. Thus, my logical conclusion is that we are going to see some action soon on the ground or in the Heartbreaker's cockpit :)

Vengeanze
09-09-2011, 12:53 PM
There was info that they hired a person responsible for human animations like bail-out. My personal guess is it is not worth it to have a full-time employee only for dozen of bail-out animations. Thus, my logical conclusion is that we are going to see some action soon on the ground or in the Heartbreaker's cockpit :)

What I said: animated rearm and refuel!!! :-D

Feathered_IV
09-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Tapeworm in the water coolers. :rolleyes:

http://www.jnjaust.com.au/products/combantrin/assets/images/index_girl.png

mazex
09-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Integration with Red Orchestra 2? :-P

Well, it will not be easy to get the turn radius of the planes in Ro2... Must be the predecessors of UAV:s cause even a Storch must have a hard time to circle a house like they do in Ro2 ;) Love that game otherwise, and it's good I'm used to bugs from CoD ;)

Mazex

Sternjaeger II
09-09-2011, 02:21 PM
competitors? What competitors? :confused:

Walshy
09-09-2011, 02:41 PM
competitors? What competitors? :confused:

Possibly other flight sim manufacturers I would guess??? :rolleyes:

Rextar
09-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Capture the flag at 20000 feet maybe?

Ali Fish
09-09-2011, 05:24 PM
more like fighter command ! ;)

machoo
09-09-2011, 08:38 PM
They don't really have any competitors tbh. Rise of Flight isnt a competitor as it's a pay per month subscription , and I doubt you could call DSC A-10 / Blackshark a competitor either as it's modern warefare.

It's probably dynamic weather or something like that. Somthing that isnt in any sim yet.

Dano
09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Rise of Flight isnt a competitor as it's a pay per month subscription

Erm... do what now?

Feathered_IV
09-09-2011, 11:06 PM
They don't really have any competitors tbh. Rise of Flight isnt a competitor as it's a pay per month subscription

Lies

ATAG_Bliss
09-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Thus, my logical conclusion is that we are going to see some action in the Heartbreaker's cockpit :)

:lol::lol:

Hopefully it's not censored :)

NedLynch
09-10-2011, 12:25 AM
With regards to the dynamic campaign, it was Luthier's project specifically before he took on the management of the entire team.

I distinctly remember that he was the one who posted a thread asking for interesting things to occur in a campaign (that's where featheredIV originally posted his ideas that you can read a few posts back in this thread), it turned into a lot of pages and Luthier was taking notes: when we were told before release that the DC had to be postponed, it was Luthier again who said "i'm sad because it was something i really wanted to do, but i've got a few hundred pages of design documents alone".

So, i expect the DC to not only make it into the sim, but also be a good one if he spent so much effort just designing it before a single line of code was written for it. I just don't expect it to happen very soon, according to his own words in those posts it would take at least a year to 18 months after the initial release of the sim to code a campaign with all the features he was designing for it.

That really gives me hope since I consider a fully dynamic campaign, besides the obvious things, a vital part to a great sim, replay value = infinite.
And if it takes 18 months so be it, at least it seems to be a priority to Luthier and that is good. We still have TEF's dynamic campaign as well, very nice btw.

"The competitors squirm", well he may be laying it on a little too thick there, but full, sucessfull dx11 implementation would be a pretty awesome thing, alas maybe underappreciated by some. With dx11 you should find a great deal of performance increase as well, besides better graphics.

Rjel
09-10-2011, 01:36 AM
If CoD is fully patched up and running well and then all the features originally envisioned are implemented then it will be worth the wait. But I'm not sure Luthier really can afford an 18 month window to get things right. They do seem to be making some real headway right now which bodes well for the future. Perhaps an add-on is a real possibility within the next 12 months. That would obviously bring more money to the table for more development. I'm cautiously optimistic now.

NedLynch
09-10-2011, 02:10 AM
Not 18 months to get things right, up to 18 months for a dynamic campaign.

JimmyBlonde
09-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Please be weather, turbulence and a decent dynamic campaign.

*crosses fingers*

ATAG_Doc
09-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Pilots head movement / animation tied to actual players trackir movement.

Skoshi Tiger
09-11-2011, 04:44 AM
I think it will be being able to flip your opponent pilot the bird as your inverted.

Which will be nessesary because when those 109 pilots try to dive away with their tails between their legs we'll need it to keep our Merlins running! ;)

Cheers

phoenix1963
09-11-2011, 10:09 AM
It may be that the feature is a glint model as discussed http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25931&page=5 . The white dots we now see may be the first stage, but without the data and coding needed to modulate the reflected light.

But I wouldn't call that a "major feature", rather a fairly minor programming effort. It may have a major effect on gameplay, though.

I'm certainly not aware that any other flight sim has a glint model. RoF certainly needs it, as it was quite a large factor in WWI. Maybe because of those flat, shiny doped wings, rather than curved aluminium ones.

Strangely, I don't recall WWII pilots mentioning it much in the accounts I have read. But you can imagine that a formation of, say, Heinkels at a large distance would remain at almost the same angle for quite a while and those big glass canopies would reflect at many angles.

56RAF_phoenix

Kodoss
09-11-2011, 10:19 AM
I go for Birds.

You need only 3 FM/DM's for small, medium and big birds.
And if they fly ins swarms over your airfield, when you are starting or landing, you could get in trouble. :grin:

Feathered_IV
09-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Aren't birds already a selectable object in FMB?

Flyby
09-11-2011, 03:05 PM
the ability for the player to man crew-served weapons (or any military vehicle in the game) while playing online??
Flyby out

Flyby
09-11-2011, 03:06 PM
the introduction of dynamic weather based on actually conditions for each day of the battle?

Flyby
09-11-2011, 03:08 PM
The ability to send out recon planes and have them impact the mission generation for the online dynamic campaign generator?

Blackdog_kt
09-11-2011, 05:41 PM
It may be that the feature is a glint model as discussed http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25931&page=5 . The white dots we now see may be the first stage, but without the data and coding needed to modulate the reflected light.

But I wouldn't call that a "major feature", rather a fairly minor programming effort. It may have a major effect on gameplay, though.

I'm certainly not aware that any other flight sim has a glint model. RoF certainly needs it, as it was quite a large factor in WWI. Maybe because of those flat, shiny doped wings, rather than curved aluminium ones.

Strangely, I don't recall WWII pilots mentioning it much in the accounts I have read. But you can imagine that a formation of, say, Heinkels at a large distance would remain at almost the same angle for quite a while and those big glass canopies would reflect at many angles.

56RAF_phoenix

It would be cool to have something like this, but it's already been done and guess where of all places? Rowan's Mig Alley :grin:

wannabetheace
09-23-2011, 07:50 AM
MY BIGGEST GUESS IS WE WILL FLY IN THIS MAP AVATOR.MAP
SECOND, WE CAN USE 3D MODE WITH GOGGLES :)
http://cg.creativefan.com/files/2010/08/image_432.jpg

THIS IS ONLINE NEW MAP :cool:

WoW.... I'd almost cracked it except Avator thing which developers are still planing after major optimization :P

Gerbil Maximus
09-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Maybe they have fixed full screen.

CrazySchmidt
09-23-2011, 09:41 AM
A Matrix plugin... SWEEEETTT!! :D

CS :)

Hunden
09-24-2011, 09:18 PM
DX11 support and or fsaa, just tried it worked for about 5 seconds and then crash to desk top. Shadows no go but little to no jaggies.