PDA

View Full Version : Luthier - Please take note.

Mattius
08-30-2011, 09:23 AM
It seems that many people are beginning to get frustrated that you are silent for so long. I feel that a quick update as to the state of where you are at, would be only fair & proper at this time. We appreciate you are busy working on fixes but a couple of minutes of your time is surely not to much to ask for a community who bought a product with the greatest of faith. I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

5./JG27 Lehmann
08-30-2011, 09:40 AM
inb4 "Not another Luthier thread"

+1 all the same, well said

Dano
08-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Sigh...

Aer9o
08-30-2011, 09:47 AM
It seems that many people are beginning to get frustrated that you are silent for so long. I feel that a quick update as to the state of where you are at, would be only fair & proper at this time. We appreciate you are busy working on fixes but a couple of minutes of your time is surely not to much to ask for a community who bought a product with the greatest of faith. I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Fair, we have been promissed regular updates and also a dedicated PR Manager to communicate with us...I am dissapointed... the least to say!:|

furbs
08-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Agreed, again...again...again.
Though experience has shown us that Luthier cant or wont make regular updates, nothing we say here is going to make any difference.

Just be grateful Luthier didn't post some more music instead.

Aer9o
08-30-2011, 10:09 AM
Agreed, again...again...again.
Though experience has shown us that Luthier cant or wont make regular updates, nothing we say here is going to make any difference.

Just be grateful Luthier didn't post some more music instead.

I am not sure if it will make any difference ...as you say, however If I do not hear something positive anytime soon I will take the game of my hard drive and look somewhere else!

Tree_UK
08-30-2011, 10:15 AM
The lack of info is frustrating to say the least, but the patch will hopefully address many many serious issues, if this patch is what we hope it is then fixing all the many niggling bugs afterwards will be relatively easy work.

Bobb4
08-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Jason post this week:
Sorry to say, but we had to delay 1.021 just a couple more days due to some lingering bugs we needed to squash and a few fixes to the SPAD 7 model. Other than that everything is on track as planned. Looks for the update around Thursday of this week.

We appreciate everyone's patience. This small delay means the SPAD 7 is still available for a lower price a little while longer. Don't delay and grab this beautiful plane.

Also, we have been planning the future and I see a lot of good things on our dev schedule. More on that later. But please remember for us to continue to improve ROF and create more planes we need your support. Both financially and spiritually. Tell all your sim buddies that ROF is Free to Play and one of the best ever made! We hope to continue ROF development well into 2012 and beyond. We need you to stand with us!

From the RoF forum just in case everyone on this forum has forgotten how short and easy a simple update is to write. :rolleyes:

albx
08-30-2011, 10:25 AM
Jason post this week:
..... We need you to stand with us! .....

yeah, here seems the opposite : "We want you to go AWAY!!!!"

Feathered_IV
08-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Jason post this week:
Sorry to say, but we had to delay 1.021 just a couple more days due to some lingering bugs we needed to squash and a few fixes to the SPAD 7 model. Other than that everything is on track as planned. Looks for the update around Thursday of this week.

We appreciate everyone's patience. This small delay means the SPAD 7 is still available for a lower price a little while longer. Don't delay and grab this beautiful plane.

Also, we have been planning the future and I see a lot of good things on our dev schedule. More on that later. But please remember for us to continue to improve ROF and create more planes we need your support. Both financially and spiritually. Tell all your sim buddies that ROF is Free to Play and one of the best ever made! We hope to continue ROF development well into 2012 and beyond. We need you to stand with us!

From the RoF forum just in case everyone on this forum has forgotten how short and easy a simple update is to write. :rolleyes:

Yep. See how it's done Luthier???

Dano
08-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Yep. See how it's done Luthier???

Yeh Luthier, buy the IP, move back to the US leaving the team in Moscow and sit back communicating with us all instead of getting your hands dirty with the project.

It's all very easy to point towards Jason as the way to do it and I'll not disagree whatsoever but they're not in the same situation, not even close.

Tree_UK
08-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeh Luthier, buy the IP, move back to the US leaving the team in Moscow and sit back communicating with us all instead of getting your hands dirty with the project.

It's all very easy to point towards Jason as the way to do it and I'll not disagree whatsoever but they're not in the same situation, not even close.

Thats true Dano, but a two minute post, he could do it with his mobile phone whilst sitting on the loo. There is no excuse for the lack of comminication, its just the way he chooses to work, which IMHO is a mistake considering the poor product released.

Dano
08-30-2011, 12:10 PM
That would be why I said I'm not disagreeing Tree :)

Tree_UK
08-30-2011, 12:20 PM
That would be why I said I'm not disagreeing Tree :)

oooops, Damn it man!! Go back and edit your post so I dont look foolish!! :grin:

Dano
08-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Mwahahahaha :D

Icebear
08-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Jason post this week:

Seems that they are closer to their community, but I hope we will never have to read such a panhandling and implicit threat in this board. For me the RoF business model is just inacceptable.

Feathered_IV
08-30-2011, 12:46 PM
I rather enjoy RoF's business model. Cant say I'm liking clod's one so far though.

furbs
08-30-2011, 01:17 PM
Yep, i like ROFs model.

Quite happy to pay for aircraft each month or two if it comes with all sorts of free updates and upgrades.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Yup ROF model fan here too,Jason and team are leading from the front as regards communication with their community IMO.

Storm of When
08-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Agreed, Jason may or may not be totally hands on, but one things for sure at RoF headquarters they do get things done, listen to peoples views, take onboard comments, release regular updates and have useful and valid dialogue with the punters. These 2 guys are friends, surely Shevchenko needs to see the light before too long and start doing things the RoF (since Jason took over) way ( I remember when RoF was a bugfest btw, I was on the beta and couldn`t believe it when they said it would be released).

furbs
08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Lets hope Jason drops a hint to Luthier.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 02:54 PM
The RoF devs don't provide any more info on updates than the CoD devs. If anything, Luthier posts more frequent info updates than Jason.

furbs
08-30-2011, 02:57 PM
You dont visit Sim HQ much then. Also have you seen the update blogs for ROF? they are clear, full of info and 9/10 on time.
Plus they contain screen shots, videos and hints about future updates.

No banjo playing utube videos from Jason or the developers at ROF.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:01 PM
You dont visit Sim HQ much then.

No, I go to the RoF board. Any meaningful updates will be posted there.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Also have you seen the update blogs for ROF? they are clear, full of info and 9/10 on time.

There were no entries between June 24 and Aug 12. That sort of gap here usually has people jumping off bridges.

furbs
08-30-2011, 03:17 PM
Not if they tell us they are on vacation and when they will be back. then they come back on time and start posting updates. :rolleyes:

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Not if they tell us they are on vacation and when they will be back. then they come back on time and start posting updates. :rolleyes:

Sure thing, Mom. What time do you think their curfew should be? :rolleyes:

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:21 PM
By the way, Luthier posted an update. I think he said it would be a few weeks until the next patch. You need to unbunch your panties.

furbs
08-30-2011, 03:22 PM
panties fine here.

furbs
08-30-2011, 03:24 PM
By the way, did you enjoy your vacation david?

EagleEye[GER]
08-30-2011, 03:28 PM
By the way, Luthier posted an update. I think he said it would be a few weeks until the next patch. You need to unbunch your panties.
The point is, what is so fu***** hard to post some words about the status of i.e. the new sound engine. It´s all about communication with your customers and take care of them, nothing more or less.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:30 PM
By the way, did you enjoy your vacation david?

Look at my join date. I didn't take a vacation.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:32 PM
;328569']The point is, what is so fu***** hard to post some words about the status of i.e. the new sound engine. It´s all about communication with your customers and take care of them, nothing more or less.

If you don't like the communication find a different game to play.

furbs
08-30-2011, 03:34 PM
If you dont like the posts, find a different forum.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:38 PM
If you dont like the posts, find a different forum.

I wish there was a CoD forum like the one for RoF. They don't allow whiners like you on their forum. Unfortunately, there isn't.

Icarus1
08-30-2011, 03:41 PM
LOL Whining about whiners. How original. :rolleyes:

furbs
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
I sense another trip soon for you David.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:47 PM
I sense another trip soon for you David.

Only 5 more and I'll have as many trips as Tree.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 03:48 PM
LOL Whining about whiners. How original. :rolleyes:

I'm not whining. I have come to accept that non-stop whining is a big part of this forum.

Kongo-Otto
08-30-2011, 03:54 PM
If you don't like the communication find a different game to play.

http://www.ultrafeel.tv/wp-content/uploads/image/humor/china-rice-bag-fallen-over.jpg

Kongo-Otto
08-30-2011, 03:58 PM
I wish there was a CoD forum like the one for RoF. They don't allow Drama Llamas like me on their forum. Unfortunately, there isn't.

Sorry i had to correct your spelling aka sorry couldn't resist. :cool::-D

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Sorry i had to correct your spelling aka sorry couldn't resist. :cool::-D

You didn't correct anything. The RoF forum is GREAT. 90% of the crap that is posted in here would be locked down in that forum.

Kongo-Otto
08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
You didn't correct anything. The RoF forum is GREAT. 90% of the crap that is posted in here would be locked down in that forum.

So this would mean that all of YOUR Posts would be locked or deleted in the RoF Forum!
Well not a bad idea, if you ask me.

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 04:19 PM
So this would mean that all of YOUR Posts would be locked or deleted in the RoF Forum!
Well not a bad idea, if you ask me.

I mostly just respond to whiners here, so there would not be any posts by me if they banned whiners.

Ze-Jamz
08-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Jesus...here we go again

And its been so quiet

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 04:26 PM
Jesus...here we go again

And its been so quiet

It will be quiet again once they realize there has been an update.

Blackdog_kt
08-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Ok, this is the third similar thread so far. With regards to RoF, it had a lot of similar difficulties during its early days.

The difference is that people expected less of them as an upstart company and gave them more leeway and more benefit of doubt, whereas MG was seen as the already accomplished studio and perfection was expected right out of the door. It's somewhat reasonable, but at the same time it's double standards when comparisons are made only on the matter of feedback and state of the products at completely different times in their life. If we want to be accurate, let's talk comparisons with a 5-month old RoF.

I think both sims faced/face similar problems that they go about dealing with in a different way and tell you what, i'm very happy that CoD is neither IL2 with a new lipstick nor RoF. Of course opinions will vary and others will not share mine, but for what it's worth that's what mine is.

In any case, like i've said before, people tend to be more critical towards MG and this is not something new that appeared due to the sketchy CoD release, it has always been like that just with different things being debated.

RoF is good at what it does and it still has its limitations like any piece of software. I doubt you'll see a lot of threads rampantly defacing the enjoyable portions of the sim on their official forums though, just for the fact that it can't load more than a couple of hundred objects in a mission without crashing, or the fact that most of the guns have similar ballistics to each other regardless of model, something that here would most probably cause an avalanche of torches and pitchforks.

On one hand you got a sim with almost identical guns for all aircraft, on the other one you got a sim with customizable loadouts, yet people will rather take offence to the latter one because it needs a bit of fumbling around (a whole half a dozen exhausting clicks or so) to create a custom belt :rolleyes:

The other reason this goes on here is because it's tolerated by the people who run the forum, and by that i don't mean the moderators. I mean the ones who own and host the forum. I bet that if the RoF boards had three dedicated threads per week or daily posts in every imaginable unrelated thread popping up and highlighting the bad points of their sim with religious predictability, they wouldn't last long and neither would the persons posting them.

And since its clear that some things go hand in hand together, maybe it's time to choose what kind of "package" we want. There's a 109E-4 coming for free in the next patch. If people want to pay extra for it (and please don't give me the "yes, but RoF works" excuse, because they were selling individual aircraft way before it actually worked that well) and have the mods locking every thread similar to this, now is the time to speak up.

Or we can all enjoy a bit more leeway in what can be said on this board and get a few freebies, at the cost of the developers communicating to us only when they have something tangible to show.

Finally, a few words about such posts in general. I'm copying this straight from another thread:

We just got an update and if we read it carefully, we'll see that they post updates when something is either ready or in a good enough condition to show.

The way it goes is:

1) A few words about what is being worked on, maybe a picture or video of it, along with an approximate timeline.
2) Developers working on the stated items.
3) When a feature is in a good enough condition to show, another update with a short description about the next thing to work on, maybe a few screenshots or a video.

etc...

It's pretty clear that they are watching our feedback, taking steps to correct what needs fixing and providing updates in the way mentioned above: the updates keep coming, they are just not regular in the sense of "every X day of the week/month" because the amount of time needed to complete each patch is not the same each time.

Where i'm going with this is that no matter how good the intentions of the thread starter might be, these threads invariably end up serving no real purpose apart from giving the forum members stuff to argue about between updates, increase the moderators's workload and fill up my mailboxes (both PMs and email from the automated mails about reported posts) with messages from people reporting each other's posts.

Since this thread is no longer relevant (we got what the thread asked for) i'm moving it to the pilot's lounge. It's pretty much clear by now that updates follow a pattern "of show things when ready and not before" and yet they do come and the sim is being worked on, so i'm thinking about moving all such threads from now on to the pilot's lounge after the first few pages have filled up.

I'm not going to stop anyone from speaking their mind, but having 2-3 threads about the same thing cluttering the front page every 2nd-3rd week after the last development update is counter-productive in more ways than one (eg, why not keep these questions in one thread in the first place?)

This is not punishment, it's just for streamlining the forum's readability so that we can all find the useful stuff faster and not have to wade through numerous threads dealing with the exact same subject matter.

ATAG_Doc
08-30-2011, 07:06 PM
How about a 1 post per day for people with less than 100 posts. Or 1 post every 8 - 12 hours? Then @ post 100 if your previous post are not obviously inflammatory your training wheels will be removed. This will prevent rant after rant thread after thread. :)

+1

Ataros
08-30-2011, 08:17 PM
The RoF forum is GREAT. 90% of the crap that is posted in here would be locked down in that forum.

True.

BTW 1C Forum Rules officially prohibit spreading false information including false information about 1C products. Many users should have been banned based on this rule long time ago. I am sure competition does not tolerate spreading false information on their forums.

ps. I think similar threads can be merged into one thread as soon as they appear every week. There can not be more than one "When we have update thread?" in total on the whole forums imo to make forums more useful. How about just one "When update" thread, one "Bug reports/complaints thread", and one "Luthier, please, please..." requests thread?

sukhoi.ru has special section for bug-reports/complains that has to be filled in a certain format with description of issue, system specs, screenshots and records, list of 3rd party software running, etc. to make it useful.

Madfish
08-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I suggest such threads are either locked for repetitive content (use the search) or moved into a "hello, where is my babysitter" category. The content is ALWAYS the same.

*dev's too quiet
*luthier too quiet
*oleg bad
*oleg too quiet
*game is bad
*I feel cheated
*I want my 50 dollars back

Literally these few statements are the cause for hundreds and thousands of posts that do nothing but pollute the forum with nonsense and bickering. It's not helping anyone.

Also, if such a category would be created (I suggest it being a sub-category under the pilots lounge) there could be a sticky. Some of the last posts I made contain a few things that could be mentioned. Also what you said blackdog and some others.
For example a few hints on how to actually make the situaion better etc.

I'm seriously a "little" tired of seeing the same wining all over again. And also I believe it's just distracting people who'd otherwise have nicer conversations about just anything. That's what makes me say just "ignoring" is useless. Many of the posters make such absurdly false claims and statements, literally lieing to themselves, that many see it necessary to reply. A circle that won't ever end.

Ataros
08-30-2011, 08:41 PM
I think 3 or 4 threads that were moved here today were started on Friday in the main forum section. It would save a lot of readers' time if they could be moved here on Friday imho as soon as they were created.

Starting these nonsense repetitive topics should be prohibited for the main forum section. Was not the "Complaints megathread" created for discussion of these themes like "no patch, no communication, etc." some time ago? I really hoped it was the end to starting repetitive useless threads. I hope that thread can be used more often for collection of repetitive useless posts.

ATAG_Doc
08-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Yes if mods would just up and move these comparative repetitive ranting threads to just one it would be great that way if you want to argue with them you can help yourselves.

Blackdog_kt
08-31-2011, 05:29 AM
Maybe a single "update requests" thread on the main page would be the way to go and then merging all such posts/threads into that one. I'll try this next time such a thread appears (which i guess would be in a couple of weeks after our current update :-P ).

Ataros
08-31-2011, 05:57 AM
I am sure it appears this Friday :grin:

BTW I wonder what these threads are doing on the front page.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25701
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25693

IMHO this is really lounge talk not directly related to combat operations unlike the rest of the threads on the front page. Front page is like an Operational Briefings Room or what it is called in airforce. Pilot's lounge is for gossip and rumors, etc. imho.

Sorry for interference with to much advice :)