PDA

View Full Version : Can we please have a sign of life this week?

albx
08-30-2011, 06:04 AM
(yes, another whining and moaning thread!)

Almost 4 weeks are gone after the announcement and no sign of life about the patch. Can we please have something this week? a beta or any kind of info? :confused:

thank you

the Dutchman
08-30-2011, 07:33 AM
I think Luthier should stop making promises,and you are right if he can't live up to them,the very least give us an update!
I run my own little business,and if i treated my clients this way,i would be out of business very fast!

Goanna
08-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Almost 4 weeks are gone
Just over 3 weeks actually ;)

I think Luthier should stop making promises

What promise? Last I read from Luthier (on 6th August) was

Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that. The new graphics will also be included with it. The same upcoming patch will also include some new aircraft and most likely the German trains. Due to all new sounds, it’ll be one of the largest patches so far, but still way under a GB. don't see any promises there...did see the key word of "minimum" though.:-D

Cheers

Goanna

albx
08-30-2011, 08:34 AM
Just over 3 weeks actually ;)

What promise? Last I read from Luthier (on 6th August) was

don't see any promises there...did see the key word of "minimum" though.:-D

Cheers

Goanna

Goanna, I said almost 4 weeks, where is the difference with the 3 weeks are gone? you need to post just to increase your count?

dragon9
08-30-2011, 08:37 AM
"no news is good news"
maybe that they are testing and making sure they have a workable release
i'd rather that than a rushed patch

Dano
08-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?

It's like being in a car with children...

albx
08-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?

reported

Ze-Jamz
08-30-2011, 08:50 AM
reported

I hope that was a joke

Pluto
08-30-2011, 08:54 AM
... maybe it is going to be a "big patch" they are working on, that`s why it takes so long?
Holy crap! I wonder what drug I was given that I have such a positive attitude suddenly? Not used to that, ...

Here some funny flight communication to cheer you up while waiting:

LH741: "Tower, give me a rough time-check!"
Tower: "It's Tuesday, Sir."

Tower: Have you got enough fuel or not?
Pilot: Yes.
Tower: Yes what??
Pilot: Yes, SIR!

Pilot: "...Tower, please call me a fuel truck."
Tower: "Roger. You are a fuel truck."

Tower: "Phantom-Formation crossing control zone without clearance, state your call-sign !"
Pilot: "I'm not silly..."

... hope it made you at least smile,... :)

Dano
08-30-2011, 08:55 AM
reported

Yeh, it's a pointless thread, I reported it too, don't know why the OP keeps failing to understand the word 'minimum' ;)

albx
08-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Yeh, it's a pointless thread, I reported it too, don't know why the OP keeps failing to understand the word 'minimum' ;)

First of all the thread was not refered to you, if you are not interested no need to write here, i just asked any info, is it forbidden? You write only to start flames. In any thread somebody ask info or say something against CoD then you appear with your sword... so wich post is pointless? mine or your?

the Dutchman
08-30-2011, 09:03 AM
You can all moan about the moaners but the feedback sucks,period!

Dano
08-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Both of course, but you're the one who posts to start flames, as evidenced by this very thread.

skarden
08-30-2011, 09:05 AM
Really? more of this?
Is it really that hard to actually read what the last update said,as stated,it IS a large update and as Dano pointed out 2 weeks "minimum" and also after that was "and at least a week of tests for that"
Learn a little patience it'll make the apparently O' so pain experience of waiting for this patch much easier ;)

albx
08-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Both of course, but you're the one who posts to start flames, as evidenced by this very thread.

This thread was a request, and if it bothers you, as I said, no need to reply just to start flames, I don't do this. If I'm not interested in posts or threads I just don't read it or I don't reply to them, the evidence is that you are posting only to make flames. Seems i didn't write something offensive or broke some rules, nothing bad is in there, or not?

Dano
08-30-2011, 09:15 AM
You started the thread to start flames as there are already similar threads you could have added to, or even used the previous update thread. I am interested in seeing yet more pointless threads removed, hence my posting.

Tree_UK
08-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Although I share the OP's opinion, what as become blatently apparent is that no amount of words said on this forum by Luthier's fanbase is going to make him want to post any kind of an update. He seems to have little concern about keeping us updated and I guess we just have to learn that is how he does business, whether its right or wrong is for us to decide but it is what it is.

Wolf_Rider
08-30-2011, 09:16 AM
yep, that old word; minimum... clearly was missed by the OP

albx
08-30-2011, 09:20 AM
You started the thread to start flames as there are already similar threads you could have added to, or even used the previous update thread. I am interested in seeing yet more pointless threads removed, hence my posting.

oh yes, and are you sure you didn't came after my post writing the same thing? oh dear... stop acting a fanboy and open your eyes. Can you swear you are not interested in any news or a beta patch?

skarden
08-30-2011, 09:26 AM
yep, that old word; minimum... clearly was missed by the OP

I know eh,how hard is it

omgclod
08-30-2011, 09:30 AM
muhahah goanna,

cmon lets try to count 1.......2........3.........

now your turn, what comes next?

adonys
08-30-2011, 09:31 AM
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?

I've reported this too, as offensive spam! Also added Dano on my little ignore list.

Cheers!

Dano
08-30-2011, 09:33 AM
oh yes, and are you sure you didn't came after my post writing the same thing? oh dear... stop acting a fanboy and open your eyes. Can you swear you are not interested in any news or a beta patch?
Now you're just making stuff up...

Dano
08-30-2011, 09:33 AM
I've reported this too, as offensive spam! Also added Dano on my little ignore list.

Cheers!

Ironic lol, you need to add yourself :)

Rattlehead
08-30-2011, 09:37 AM
and I guess we just have to learn that is how he does business, whether its right or wrong is for us to decide but it is what it is.

In a nutshell.
I think we'd all like a bit more info here and there, but we also have to simply accept that Luthier will post something when he's good and ready to. Clearly he has his way of doing things and it won't change.

Not saying that a friendly reminder from the forum occasionally is a bad thing, but it is what it is.

adonys
08-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Let's have a little fantasy workout..

Imagine this happening to your new-to-open corner bread store, badly needed as there's nowhere from where can you buy bread less than two blocks away..

They open for one day, awesome bread, even if a little bit too crispy.. A great future prospect lies ahead!

You come back the following day only to find out that they've closed it to do some repairs, but they will open in no less than 2 weeks..

Everything's ok, you go in there after two weeks, still closed.

The 3rd week you keep passing by daily, and see that the thing it's still closed.

The 4th week, the old "no less than 2 weeks" banner still outside.. you knock and ask someone you see inside through the window when it will be opened.. No response, they are simply ignoring you.. And the same for every and any question you're asking during the whole 4th week..

Now tell me, do you still feel like ever buying bread from that silly place ever in your life (again)?!!

Tree_UK
08-30-2011, 10:23 AM

Now tell me, do you still feel like ever buying bread from that silly place ever in your life (again)?!!

............. Then you find out that the brilliant master baker, renouned for his extra crispy bread is now working at the local camera shop and his best mate is trying to sort the mess out! :grin::grin:

albx
08-30-2011, 10:33 AM
............. Then you find out that the brilliant master baker, renouned for his extra crispy bread is now working at the local camera shop and his best mate is trying to sort the mess out! :grin::grin:

Lol :grin:

Dano
08-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Ah yes, because a new WWII flight sim is available daily at all good corner stores and supermarkets the world over...

adonys
08-30-2011, 10:55 AM
I might be forced to go back, if there will be a master backer in there, and other bakeries in town, but I will still hate me and them for what they did!

When respect is lost, there's very hard to make it back. And in game developing industry, users' respect is the most valuable asset you have when you're a small developer..

Mysticpuma
08-30-2011, 11:09 AM
Luthier reads this thread and suddenly decided he must make an exception to his long-standing rule of only giving the bare-essential information.......nope, I don't think it'll happen, but thanks for posting!

:rolleyes:

robtek
08-30-2011, 11:17 AM
I am proud to be on Adonys list, that says that i am not the only one with a positive attitude and some common sense :D :D :D

Phazon
08-30-2011, 11:19 AM
At least the next time he posts it'll be a real humdinger. Alot going on behind the scenes making the game better that hasn't be shown yet apart from saying its coming. I want a video of the new sounds and tweaked graphics in action at least. :D

Rextar
08-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Its like waiting for a wine to mature.
Good things come to those who wait...

IamNotDavid
08-30-2011, 01:34 PM
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?
Are we there yet dad?

+1

albx
08-30-2011, 01:37 PM
+1

your ban didn't keep you enough far from here? I don't think that registering in a forum with another name after a ban and then post is allowed, or you forgot the password of your old account?

P.S.
you have 2 posts equals (+1), you registered here to start flaming and spamming?

speculum jockey
08-30-2011, 01:39 PM
Its like waiting for a wine to mature.
Good things come to those who wait...

This wine is starting to go all "vinegar-ish", and the label peeled off and read, "Jim's Truck Stop house wine, best before 2009".

I agree with usual voice of reason, Tree_UK.* Luthier isn't about to be bullied or guilted into posting an update. He's in charge, and has probably noticed every time he posts, it gets a page of praise, and another 27-40 of complaints. He'll post when he feels like it and creating a new thread asking him to post isn't going to change that.

*A voice of reason is usually declared insane if all those ears it falls upon are likewise.

Vengeanze
08-30-2011, 02:08 PM
I might be forced to go back, if there will be a master backer in there, and other bakeries in town, but I will still hate me and them for what they did!

When respect is lost, there's very hard to make it back. And in game developing industry, users' respect is the most valuable asset you have when you're a small developer..

How come I'm on your list and you're not on my?
And if you're reading this you hit the View Post link, you little tom. :grin:

Aer9o
08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
boring...full stop!

Blackdog_kt
08-30-2011, 04:45 PM
We just got an update and if we read it carefully, we'll see that they post updates when something is either ready or in a good enough condition to show.

The way it goes is:

1) A few words about what is being worked on, maybe a picture or video of it, along with an approximate timeline.
2) Developers working on the stated items.
3) When a feature is in a good enough condition to show, another update with a short description about the next thing to work on, maybe a few screenshots or a video.

etc...

It's pretty clear that they are watching our feedback, taking steps to correct what needs fixing and providing updates in the way mentioned above: the updates keep coming, they are just not regular in the sense of "every X day of the week/month" because the amount of time needed to complete each patch is not the same each time.

Where i'm going with this is that no matter how good the intentions of the thread starter might be, these threads invariably end up serving no real purpose apart from giving the forum members stuff to argue about between updates, increase the moderators's workload and fill up my mailboxes (both PMs and email from the automated mails about reported posts) with messages from people reporting each other's posts.

Since this thread is no longer relevant (we got what the thread asked for) i'm moving it to the pilot's lounge. It's pretty much clear by now that updates follow a pattern "of show things when ready and not before" and yet they do come and the sim is being worked on, so i'm thinking about moving all such threads from now on to the pilot's lounge after the first few pages have filled up.

I'm not going to stop anyone from speaking their mind, but having 2-3 threads about the same thing cluttering the front page every 2nd-3rd week after the last development update is counter-productive in more ways than one (eg, why not keep these questions in one thread in the first place?)

This is not punishment, it's just for streamlining the forum's readability so that we can all find the useful stuff faster and not have to wade through numerous threads dealing with the exact same subject matter.

nearmiss
08-31-2011, 12:12 AM
Luthier corroborated he is still with the living. This thread is dead