PDA

View Full Version : has there been an update since the "August 6 2011 Dev Update" ?

zapatista
08-28-2011, 12:00 PM
not been on the forum much in the last weeks, but i cant see an update since the "August 6 2011 Development Update" where luthier stated Timeline wise, what we’re looking at is a beta sound patch in a minimum of 2 weeks, and at least a week of tests for that. The new graphics will also be included with it. The same upcoming patch will also include some new aircraft and most likely the German trains. Due to all new sounds, it’ll be one of the largest patches so far, but still way under a GB.

any sign of further news on these new gfx yet ?

not aiming to stir the soup, just looking for further news

furbs
08-28-2011, 12:04 PM
nothing.

Skoshi Tiger
08-28-2011, 12:04 PM
not been on the forum much in the last weeks, but i cant see an update since the "August 6 2011 Development Update" where luthier stated

any sign of further news on these new gfx yet ?

not aiming to stir the soup, just looking for further news

No. Not yet.

Cheers!

Havoc04
08-28-2011, 12:09 PM
Nothing yet cept certain people dragging up old posts and giving everyone a heart attack :)

skouras
08-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Nothing yet cept certain people dragging up old posts and giving everyone a heart attack :)

so i'm not the only one :grin:

zapatista
08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
thanks for clearing that up, will stop hunting in the subforums then

Phazon
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Hey Zapatista, normally when we get an official update from the devs its usually posted in the main forum and quickly stickied by the mods.

If you are hungry for information, you can find some interesting posts by some of the Russian-speaking developers over at www.sukhoi.ru, although you'll have to use an online translator like Google Translate to make sense of it unless you have good Russian language skills. :P

Buchon
08-28-2011, 07:43 PM

Ahh the Banjo update :-o someone bump up that.

Is one of the most bashed updates, it get closed, but I think that is one of the bests ones :-D

skouras
08-29-2011, 05:58 PM
last time Luthier states that been working on
new graphic engine
new sounds from scratch
new Physics for the aircraft
and last but not least new models and variants

a whole new stuff here
let them work;-)

EZ1
08-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I almost sounded like a complete rewrite:)

sorak
08-30-2011, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I almost sounded like a complete rewrite:)

maybe they will just announce an expansion already for pre order

Icebear
08-30-2011, 08:40 AM
maybe they will just announce an expansion already for pre order

....maybe, but it would be great if they could fix my last pre-order with priority. ;-)

wildone_106
08-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Thats nice n all but none of those things would make me want to enjoy the game more ya know, when there's nothing to do in the game and most of it still doesn't work design wise.

last time Luthier states that been working on
new graphic engine
new sounds from scratch
new Physics for the aircraft
and last but not least new models and variants

a whole new stuff here
let them work;-)

Blackdog_kt
08-30-2011, 04:52 PM
We just got an update and if we read it carefully, we'll see that they post updates when something is either ready or in a good enough condition to show.

The way it goes is:

1) A few words about what is being worked on, maybe a picture or video of it, along with an approximate timeline.
2) Developers working on the stated items.
3) When a feature is in a good enough condition to show, another update with a short description about the next thing to work on, maybe a few screenshots or a video.

etc...

It's pretty clear that they are watching our feedback, taking steps to correct what needs fixing and providing updates in the way mentioned above: the updates keep coming, they are just not regular in the sense of "every X day of the week/month" because the amount of time needed to complete each patch is not the same each time.

Where i'm going with this is that no matter how good the intentions of the thread starter might be, these threads invariably end up serving no real purpose apart from giving the forum members stuff to argue about between updates, increase the moderators's workload and fill up my mailboxes (both PMs and email from the automated mails about reported posts) with messages from people reporting each other's posts.

Since this thread is no longer relevant (we got what the thread asked for) i'm moving it to the pilot's lounge. It's pretty much clear by now that updates follow a pattern "of show things when ready and not before" and yet they do come and the sim is being worked on, so i'm thinking about moving all such threads from now on to the pilot's lounge after the first few pages have filled up.

I'm not going to stop anyone from speaking their mind, but having 2-3 threads about the same thing cluttering the front page every 2nd-3rd week after the last development update is counter-productive in more ways than one (eg, why not keep these questions in one thread in the first place?)

This is not punishment, it's just for streamlining the forum's readability so that we can all find the useful stuff faster and not have to wade through numerous threads dealing with the exact same subject matter.

Wolf_Rider
08-31-2011, 02:06 AM
yeah, but is it the best thing to do, to use this sub-forum as a dumping ground?

A thought/ question... would it not be better to just merge the threads in question into the one thread? (and leave that one thread in situ on the page it appears on)

Blackdog_kt
08-31-2011, 05:26 AM
To be honest with you that's not a bad idea. Maybe having a single thread about update requests in the main page and merging all such threads into that one would do it.