PDA

View Full Version : 109 skin request

amyandmarshall
08-28-2011, 05:06 AM
Hello all,

I just bought COD and I used to fly a lot of MP in Il2 back in the day (Hyperlobby days/about 4-5 years ago). I am excited to get back into MP, although I realize it's kinda quiet just now.

Anyway, I'd like a fictional skin of a 109. I'd like it to be white with dark blue trim (maybe midnight or Prussian blue). By trim, I am asking for wingtips, Nose/engine cowling, and rudder.

Is there anyone out there that can have a go at this?

See you in the skies!

amyandmarshall
08-28-2011, 05:17 AM
And please and thank you, of course! :-)

Madfish
08-30-2011, 08:26 AM
I saw a template flying around. I could check it out and give it a try. No special shapes? Only colored nose/engine, rudder and wingtips?

Also, could you eventually just post the precise color you want? Either hex or RGB? There are colorpicker websites out there in rich numbers. Try this one for example: http://www.colorpicker.com/

Madfish
08-30-2011, 11:12 PM
Searched a bit and found an interesting read about the prussian blue. It varied a bit though and washed out rather quickly.

I took the default skin and the JG54 wingtips as the basis. No markings or weathering so that you can adjust those to your liking.

The white is a bit toned down, a light grey - it was just really really bright with a pure white.

To install just put the skin image into:
C:\Users\"yourusernamehere"\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\PaintSchemes\Skins
You need to adjust your Windows username and the drive letter according to your own system.

Give it a try please and tell me if it's what you were looking for. ;)

amyandmarshall
08-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Oh! It's beautiful! Thank you for the work. It is exactly what I requested. Thank you very much.

:-)