PDA

View Full Version : Installing campaign confusing/problems

Ze-Jamz
08-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Ok,

Im having a problem installing some of these nice Campaigns people are writing..and i still cant work out whats going on, where they need to go etc..

I know you have Steam>game folder>parts>mission etc and thats where they are but they are NOT showing up in game apart from the JG-51 campaign and the enlightened florist campaigns..

Ive lost the campaign installation program that was posted and cant seem to find it again..

Are these campaigns all going in the same place?
Is it a Steam setting thats stopping me from seeing them?
does the install program actually work?

Im a bit lost and also i have a duplicate second install that i use Offline with the sound MOD and ALL the campaigns ARE showing..

Ive looked at both folders and nothing is different in the 'mission' folders or the Parts>mission folders..both installs look the same but my main install doesnt show the campaigns other than what ive already stated..the Modded install shows them all :confused:

'Doing me ed in'

any ideas?

gabuzomeu
08-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Hi
You have explanation and tool in the forum , look for enlightened florist in the search

FG28_Kodiak
08-25-2011, 12:58 PM
You can add a campaign manually.

Look for the folder:
..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign
there you will find a file named campaigns.ini
open it in a editor, normaly you will find something like that:
[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

For example i use this campaign http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25640
unpack the Zip, then you will find a directory named campaign_bd, copy this to ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign
then add the red lines to the campaigns.ini
[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
campaign_bd

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_bd]
folder campaign_bd
title Messerschmidts over Dunkirk
image Poster.bmp

Save the file and start Cliffs of Dover, now you should be able to select and play the Campaign.
Attention after a Update or Game Intentigrity Check the file will be overritten, so you should make a backup.

Ze-Jamz
08-25-2011, 01:05 PM
You can add a campaign manually.

Look for the folder:
..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign
there you will find a file named campaigns.ini
open it in a editor, normaly you will find something like that:
[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

For example i use this campaign http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25640
unpack the Zip, then you will find a directory named campaign_bd, copy this to ..\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign
then add the red lines to the campaigns.ini
[Main]
campaign_gb
campaign_de
campaign_bd

[campaign_gb]
folder campaign_gb
title Cliffs Of Dover
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_de]
folder campaign_de
title Adler Angriff
image Poster.bmp

[campaign_bd]
folder campaign_bd
title Messerschmidts over Dunkirk
image Poster.bmp

Save the file and start Cliffs of Dover, now you should be able to select and play the Campaign.
Attention after a Update or Game Intentigrity Check the file will be overritten, so you should make a backup.

Thanks for that mate...that explains things just nicely ~S~

So in here i have my Campaigns and the Campaign.ini allows me to see them ingame..cool

I also have 2 .dll's in the same folder Parts>miss>Campaign

Jg51_mission.dll
DynamicCampaign.dll

What are these and should they be here?

Also a

Campaigns.ini.bak file << should this be here (what does it do)

thanks for your help

FG28_Kodiak
08-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Jg51_mission.dll and DynamicCampaign.dll are part of user campaigns, so if you have both campaigns running you shouldn't delete them ;)

The campaigns.ini.bak is a Backup file, may be you have installed a campaign with its own installer, so the installer manipulate the campaigns.ini and created the backup file.

You should take a look at
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23908
this tool makes campaign installing much easier. ;)

Ze-Jamz
08-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Jg51_mission.dll and DynamicCampaign.dll are part of user campaigns, so if you have both campaigns running you shouldn't delete them ;)

The campaigns.ini.bak is a Backup file, may be you have installed a campaign with its own installer, so the installer manipulate the campaigns.ini and created the backup file.

You should take a look at
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23908
this tool makes campaign installing much easier. ;)

Yea I found it just after i posted the first post and have used that too...so your right its from when i backup the Ini with the installer ;-)

thks again