PDA

View Full Version : The quickest way to feel ashamed.......

Ze-Jamz
08-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Of where you live?

Thieving f**tards taking copper plaques from a memorial in a graveyard of civilians killed in the city during WW2 so they can sell/melt them down.

They need f'ing shooting!

JG52Krupi
08-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Of where you live?

Thieving f**tards taking copper plaques from a memorial in a graveyard of civilians killed in the city during WW2 so they can sell/melt them down.

No way, these ppl have no shame... pathetic :(

Anvilfolk
08-24-2011, 11:05 PM
WWII? Wasn't that like, really long ago? Who cares anymore... I need money...

No comments :(

Rattlehead
08-25-2011, 11:53 AM
This is pretty damn disgusting. I think being shot is too kind to these parasites. That goes for whoever is buying the copper as well.

KG26_Alpha
08-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Its been happening in the UK for years.

Bronze memorial plaques being stolen for scrap metal is not uncommon unfortunately.

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/five_bronze_plaques_stolen_from_bexleyheath_war_me morial_1_686343

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2233140/War-memorial-bronze-plaques-stolen-by-scrap-metal-thieves.html

http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2011/06/02/war-memorials-stolen-plaques-to-be-replaced/

As well as the Queens Swans being eaten, there's nothing sacred left anymore, anything is fair game here it seems these days.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-5603545-asylum-seekers-eat-swans.do

BadAim
08-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Of where you live?

If there was any risk of them getting shot, they probably wouldn't have taken the plaques in the first place. Damn shame. Where you take away the penalty for being uncivil, there will soon be no civilization. Just human nature.

Ze-Jamz
08-25-2011, 04:16 PM
If there was any risk of them getting shot, they probably wouldn't have taken the plaques in the first place. Damn shame. Where you take away the penalty for being uncivil, there will soon be no civilization. Just human nature.

Completely agree m8

BadAim
08-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Gets harder to be idealistic as you get older dunnit? I think life just kinda beats it out of you.

Richie
08-25-2011, 04:37 PM
I think some people have no clue what so ever what happened in WWII, what it was about what countries were involved the catastrophic loss of life. If a young person takes something off of a grave I would say it's the parents fault the educational systems fault. I've had tons of experience with foster kids at my brothers house and you wouldn't believe some of the things these stupid people do to their kids.

retrojet
08-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Do not want to get into politics here ( it's da rules) , coz whoever is in 'power', does the same as the ones before, absolutely f-all... Excuse my French...

And even after wasting all the best youth a country has to offer by going to war, whether it's a 'just' one, or not... it's the common man who is left to carry the cost, clean up the mess, take in the dregs and pay for the fat cats to carry on getting fatter...

Idiot parents having idiot kids = riots in England... And everything that goes with it!

Parent and teachers unable to raise a hand to unruly kids... Then send them straight to the front lines, instead... Let the enemy waste a few rounds...

Anyway, have a nice day, guys, and thank you for listening... I feel much better, now! :-D

ATAG_Dutch
08-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Of where you live?

You can imagine how I felt when some low life scumbags stole my Dad's memorial stone off the family grave. We never found out who.

I mean what can you do with a piece of engraved marble?

Shootin' 'em's too quick.

CWMV
08-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Do not want to get into politics here ( it's da rules) , coz whoever is in 'power', does the same as the ones before, absolutely f-all... Excuse my French...

And even after wasting all the best youth a country has to offer by going to war, whether it's a 'just' one, or not... it's the common man who is left to carry the cost, clean up the mess, take in the dregs and pay for the fat cats to carry on getting fatter...

Idiot parents having idiot kids = riots in England... And everything that goes with it!

Parent and teachers unable to raise a hand to unruly kids... Then send them straight to the front lines, instead... Let the enemy waste a few rounds...

Anyway, have a nice day, guys, and thank you for listening... I feel much better, now! :-D

Jesus tap-dancing Christ...

Anyway, on topic...this is a truly despicable act. Heres to a quick death to the perpetrators.

Madfish
08-26-2011, 02:45 AM
Probably not making friends with saying this but:

Most of you ask for them to be shot for stealing a plate of cheap copper? Seriously, I wonder if you ever look at what you're saying.

True wartime heroes would probably laugh at this or turn around in their graves after witnessing the brutalities of war and death and seeing some forum heroes demanding people to get shot for something like this.

Yes, copper prices rise and it's probably not the right thing to do - but do you seriously believe it "dishonors" the dead? Brings them back to life or something?

Maybe I'm just too 21st century but in case I die I couldn't care less what people do with my remains. I'm dead, my life gone.
Do you want to kill every worm because it eats the dead?

Also, how long do you think people will keep these memorials? In 2000 years everything will be filled with memorials instead of houses if we don't move on.

So yeah, I agree it's not a cool thing to do but the replies I'm seeing here are questionable at best. I'm not seeing that it'd be in the spirit of the fallen ones either to be honest with you.

Skoshi Tiger
08-26-2011, 03:42 AM
I guess your right. If we shot all the unthinking, selfish, self-centered, disrespectful people in the world there wouldn't be many of us left.

The worst case I heard of happened about 10 years ago when a group of women's right activists turned up at an ANZAC day dawn service and threw red paint over the 70 year old veterans while others spray pained the Cenotaph with 'women against rape in war'

Their 'protest' caused more damage to their cause than anything else. Assaulting people to make a point is just plane wrong.

CWMV
08-26-2011, 05:49 AM
Probably not making friends with saying this but:

Most of you ask for them to be shot for stealing a plate of cheap copper? Seriously, I wonder if you ever look at what you're saying.

I dont care if it was made of cardboard. It is far more than that. If you dont understand that then you never will

True wartime heroes would probably laugh at this or turn around in their graves after witnessing the brutalities of war and death and seeing some forum heroes demanding people to get shot for something like this.

Are you a wartime hero? I'm not, just a veteran, but even I still do not presume to know their point of view.

Yes, copper prices rise and it's probably not the right thing to do - but do you seriously believe it "dishonors" the dead? Brings them back to life or something?

Yes, it does. Their memory and the sanctity of our national identity are sullied when these vandals do these things. It is an assault on our warriors and on our very nation.

Maybe I'm just too 21st century but in case I die I couldn't care less what people do with my remains. I'm dead, my life gone.
Do you want to kill every worm because it eats the dead?

You just don't get it, not your fault, nothing you could do.

Also, how long do you think people will keep these memorials? In 2000 years everything will be filled with memorials instead of houses if we don't move on.

It is my fondest hope that our memorials to our fallen warriors exist until the ending of the earth, that we may remember them and follow their example.

So yeah, I agree it's not a cool thing to do but the replies I'm seeing here are questionable at best. I'm not seeing that it'd be in the spirit of the fallen ones either to be honest with you.

Well here's where I'm coming from, as a veteran.
A man who has no respect/reverence for their country, its history, or respect for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of liberty do not deserve to draw breath. Period.
Personally, I question any man who does not put fealty to their family/nation first and foremost in the list of lifes priorities.
And your point of view is something that I find very disturbingly, as you say "21st century". Think of all the men that died to ensure the sovereignty of wherever you hail from. It may not mean a lot to you but they were willing to lay down their lives to ensure that our nation and our way of life remained independent and self governing. If you don't think that that memory, and the monuments to it, are entitled to the highest levels of respect then I simply will never understand your point of view.

retrojet
08-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Totally agree, CWMV.
I'm not saying we should do a hitler on these low-life's, but most of the trouble within so-called civilized countries today, is due to the lack of discipline and respect for others. Something that my father instilled in me! And if that meant a whack round the head for being out of line, then I deserved it! Bloody liberal-minded, do-gooders are causing a slow, but steady degradation of every moral value that good men died to provide the free-world!
Well, it's not so free when veterans are held hostage in their own homes, because it's not safe to go get a pint of milk!
I don't want Big Brother, but I do expect the punishment to fit the crime! And that is not the case 9 times out of 10!
Maybe national service should be brought back!

CWMV
08-26-2011, 07:51 AM
Totally agree, CWMV.
I'm not saying we should do a hitler on these low-life's, but most of the trouble within so-called civilized countries today, is due to the lack of discipline and respect for others. Something that my father instilled in me! And if that meant a whack round the head for being out of line, then I deserved it! Bloody liberal-minded, do-gooders are causing a slow, but steady degradation of every moral value that good men died to provide the free-world!
Well, it's not so free when veterans are held hostage in their own homes, because it's not safe to go get a pint of milk!
I don't want Big Brother, but I do expect the punishment to fit the crime! And that is not the case 9 times out of 10!

Here here!
In addition to national service maybe we can bring back that sense of nationalism and pride rather than this garbage "citizen of the world" globalist mentality.
We should all have pride in our national identities!

Ibis
08-26-2011, 08:16 AM
You can't shoot these poor little one brain cell creatures, they come from the bottom of the gene pool, the same pool that their parents crawled out of.
Catch 'em and send them off to Afghanistan for six months, that should give them some idea of what they have done.
cheers,
Ibis.

ZaltysZ
08-26-2011, 09:18 AM
I mean what can you do with a piece of engraved marble?

You can rework it and sell it to other people. This is the most common reason why monuments are stolen.

seaeye
08-26-2011, 10:15 AM

Maybe National Service ought not be brought back. I served with the FAA a few years ago, and I can assure you there are already enough d**kheads within the military organisation without drafting in a load of criminals as some form of social rehab.

I think alot of what this guy says is correct. Do the rest of you solve all life's problems with a gun?

Well here's where I'm coming from, as a veteran.
A man who has no respect/reverence for their country, its history, or respect for those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the name of liberty do not deserve to draw breath. Period.
Personally, I question any man who does not put fealty to their family/nation first and foremost in the list of lifes priorities.
And your point of view is something that I find very disturbingly, as you say "21st century". Think of all the men that died to ensure the sovereignty of wherever you hail from. It may not mean a lot to you but they were willing to lay down their lives to ensure that our nation and our way of life remained independent and self governing. If you don't think that that memory, and the monuments to it, are entitled to the highest levels of respect then I simply will never understand your point of view.

When I was reading this all I could hear in my head was this: http://youtu.be/97VorYNvc-c?t=1m49s

Blackdog_kt
08-26-2011, 10:49 AM
I think that going about with the quick solution that helps people vent their anger causes more problems in the long run (aka the "let's shoot them" deal).

I'm all for punishment befitting the crime, but punishment alone without an explanation about why it comes didn't really help anyone "get it" as to why they're being punished in the first place.

Like others have said, things like that are first and foremost results of social/family and educational issues in our societies.

Also on the terms of national service, i think a lot of the sabre-rattling and cavalier attitude towards starting wars would go away if some of the major world powers re-instituted conscription.

In my country it's mandatory and while it is a pain in the back, i'm glad it is that way for a variety of reasons.
Although it's not that hard to get excused due to medical reasons, the vast majority do some army time at some point in their lives, depending on if they get a suspension of conscription for university/studies/family reasons we've got from 19 year old to 35 year old conscripts actively serving in all three branches, along with professional military men of all ranks.

For me this is like "money in the moral bank" and that's why i went ahead and served my 12 months when it would be easy as pie for me not to due to a back condition that i have: i learn some skills to defend family, friends and the people's collective property if the need arises, i have a sense of being owed to or at least being on parity as opposed to owing to society so that i can demand certain things from the state (i put my life on hold for a year to defend the state, so the state is indebted to protect me in a similar fashion), plus a true citizen army in the interest of the citizens is the best means to apply pressure within the state in case of corrupt governments and so on.

For example, it's hard for a government to make an army of 90% non-professionals oppress their civilians or justify sending the army to fight wars abroad when there is no tangible gain from it and there are more immediate threats closer to home, especially when they will be going back to a civilian life and voting against you in the event of an election. Long story short, i see it as the people's tool both in guarding against external threats as well as internal ones, because it is made up of the people themselves :grin:

Ze-Jamz
08-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Capital punishment is the way forward...

Bring it back = deterant

@ Madfish.. I wouldnt go as far as to say were not friends as I dont even know you, I will however say that OUR views on this matter and the comments you have made in your post puts our views a millions miles apart from one another

Jatta Raso
08-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Gets harder to be idealistic as you get older dunnit? I think life just kinda beats it out of you.

completely agree on that, shame and honor don't measure fairly and equally among different ppl who go through different paths in life... there's a huge disparity in opportunities and life quality that ppl get these days, and a lot of anger and disgust towards social concepts as a consequence. as much as i don't like these kind of actions, if we start shooting ppl for this we'll have a bloodbath on our hands

there are certain groups of individuals that i would press against a wall and take the shot myself, but not for this alone, i wouldn't be so extreme

drewpee
08-26-2011, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=Skoshi Tiger;327170]I guess your right. If we shot all the unthinking, selfish, self-centered, disrespectful people in the world there wouldn't be many of us left.

That's rite and who would run the country?;-)

retrojet
08-26-2011, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=seaeye;327243]Maybe National Service ought not be brought back. I served with the FAA a few years ago, and I can assure you there are already enough d**kheads within the military organisation without drafting in a load of criminals as some form of social rehab.

I think alot of what this guy says is correct. Do the rest of you solve all life's problems with a gun? QUOTE]

???????
Only if the problem requires one...?! Why should the target of violent crime not have the right to fight fire with fire? I come from the UK where owning a gun is not allowed, except for the authorities, rich gits, and criminal types! I live in the USA, where the common man has the right to protect himself and his property... That makes sense to me, even though I despise the fact that gun-ownership exists at all, in everyday life... Ask Norway, for crikey sake!!! Nut cases can get a gun or three too easily, but if you think you can reclaim the streets, you're welcome to ask nicely... Just be well-armed when you try...!

seaeye
08-26-2011, 05:35 PM
???????
Only if the problem requires one...?! Why should the target of violent crime not have the right to fight fire with fire? I come from the UK where owning a gun is not allowed, except for the authorities, rich gits, and criminal types! I live in the USA, where the common man has the right to protect himself and his property... That makes sense to me, even though I despise the fact that gun-ownership exists at all, in everyday life... Ask Norway, for crikey sake!!! Nut cases can get a gun or three too easily, but if you think you can reclaim the streets, you're welcome to ask nicely... Just be well-armed when you try...!

Ok, certain situations and circumstances require the use of firearms. I am well aware of that, I joined the Royal Navy so that fact is not lost on me.

What I was trying to say was that when these guys defaced a war memorial, the didn't and aren't threatening anyones life by doing what they did, so to suggest they should be shot for their crime is a bit overkill. Ok, what the did was bad, but if you really, really think it's ok to kill them for it, then you aren't much better yourself.

The plaque will be replaced, and eventually the d**kheads responsible will be held to account in one way or another.

Ze-Jamz
08-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Ok, certain situations and circumstances require the use of firearms. I am well aware of that, I joined the Royal Navy so that fact is not lost on me.

What I was trying to say was that when these guys defaced a war memorial, the didn't and aren't threatening anyones life by doing what they did, so to suggest they should be shot for their crime is a bit overkill. Ok, what the did was bad, but if you really, really think it's ok to kill them for it, then you aren't much better yourself.

The plaque will be replaced, and eventually the d**kheads responsible will be held to account in one way or another.

Ok to clear at least my end up...

No I wouldnt shoot them if i had them infront of me, its a term but i would expect them to be punished for it..the laws here are far to soft for most crimes..

The prisons are a doddle, have what you want...No deterant what so ever for most hence why they re offend and why people will 'do the crime' cuz they know they CAN 'do the time', I know its not like that elsewhere but it is here, always has been..

As for catching them and holding them to account?...probably never happen and if it did and we punished them, the punishment dished out wouldnt stop them doing it again Im pretty sure of that

ATAG_Doc
08-26-2011, 06:46 PM
It is a proven fact that capital punishment is 100% spot on at preventing recidivism. No one has or can prove that it does not do this.

Rattlehead
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
I thought the 'shoot them' comment was tongue in cheek? Ah well.

Shooting copper thieves is obviously too harsh, but seriously, six good strokes with a cane across their bare backsides by a police constable is fitting...and then let them spend some time behind bars for good measure.

Madfish
08-27-2011, 01:08 AM
Glad some at least are now saying they don't literally mean killing them but are just saying it because it appears to be a very cool and mature thing. Probably on a much different, most likely philosophical, level than those guys stealing copper.

Well, I'm still getting the impression most would want to punish them harshly, for stealing objects of minor economical value and not hurting a single living soul with it.

Actually what's really giving me the chills is that those people to be remembered died in a war that started with similar bickering and crap. Over people's political and religious ideals for example.

It might be YOUR ideal to have these memorials preserved for eternity - I for sure can tell you I respect the fallen but I, and I'd bet them as well, could care less for a plate of copper. It's just really not a big deal and can be re-created in a minute or two.

Again, it's wrong to steal - but it's just so much more wrong to pretend this is the end of the world.
There are children and girls out there, abused or forced into horrible conditions. There are animals and people suffering from the plaque called humans. There are certainly a billion more important things to do than threaten the lives of copper thieves. If you want to do something good join greenpeace and make sure animals (we humans are animals as well) get treated fairly e.g. or go and help unstable countries, help people grow and develop. But sitting here and insulting those guys won't help makes it sound like you have double standards. The world will NOT become a better place if people will be punished or killed for stealing copper.

Oh and memorials are for those who forget - if you really are what you say then I'm sure you belong to the kind of people that won't forget - even without a memorial you wouldn't, now would you?

MadBlaster
08-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Well, I'm still getting the impression most would want to punish them harshly, for stealing objects of minor economical value and not hurting a single living soul with it.

Actually you are wrong. They hurt their own soul. Punishment saves them from themselves. Go take a hike troll.

seaeye
08-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Actually you are wrong. They hurt their own soul. Punishment saves them from themselves. Go take a hike troll.

Amen to that, Hallelujah brother! ;)

Richie
08-27-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm not a "let's killm" kind of guy so I would get back at these types with a clever humiliating prank. Sean Penn style :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ1iWiGHFBc

Ze-Jamz
08-27-2011, 02:25 PM
Glad some at least are now saying they don't literally mean killing them but are just saying it because it appears to be a very cool and mature thing. Probably on a much different, most likely philosophical, level than those guys stealing copper.

Actually what's really giving me the chills is that those people to be remembered died in a war that started with similar bickering and crap. Over people's political and religious ideals for example.

It might be YOUR ideal to have these memorials preserved for eternity - I for sure can tell you I respect the fallen but I, and I'd bet them as well, could care less for a plate of copper. It's just really not a big deal and can be re-created in a minute or two.

Again, it's wrong to steal - but it's just so much more wrong to pretend this is the end of the world.
There are children and girls out there, abused or forced into horrible conditions. There are animals and people suffering from the plaque called humans. There are certainly a billion more important things to do than threaten the lives of copper thieves. If you want to do something good join greenpeace and make sure animals (we humans are animals as well) get treated fairly e.g. or go and help unstable countries, help people grow and develop. But sitting here and insulting those guys won't help makes it sound like you have double standards. The world will NOT become a better place if people will be punished or killed for stealing copper.

Oh and memorials are for those who forget - if you really are what you say then I'm sure you belong to the kind of people that won't forget - even without a memorial you wouldn't, now would you?

Wow, your way of thinking astonishes me it really does

winny
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
It has nothing to do with the financial value of the copper plaque, it's what it represents.

If I saw someone defacing a war memorial I would kick the s**t out of them. No questions asked.

It's not theft, it's desecration in my book. And it's massivley, massivley disrespectfull.

Also you can't defend every wrong by referencing a greater wrong, it's irrelevant...
WTF has animal rights, Human rights, Human plague (really?) got to do with a couple of chancers with no respect stealing a piece of a war memorial?

Like I said, all they really need is a good kicking.

Richie
08-27-2011, 03:29 PM
A young kid who is scooped up by his country in the draft and sent to war in a bloody battle really shouldn't be blamed for his governments crazy plans. I say give the government heads some weapons put them out in the country and see how they feel about shooting it up to the death. I bet no. "Let's talk this thing out" would be the instant answer to that I bet.