PDA

View Full Version : Red Sands Extreme Mod

grimeleven
08-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Red Sands Extreme mod (RSE)

Here is my modification of Red Sands, love that mod :D

The main goal of the mod is to give players a new experience by removing or altering the annoying things from KB in general, like some units are broken and players do not use them at all or are forced to use. Most of the unit changes were on those who are either weak for their level or have features that render them useless or impratical for players strategy. Yeah some units have got same LDR requirement but makes for the fact they were lagging behind their equivalents level. Now less focus on "no-loss" strategy since units are plenty, no-loss is still possible but optional. Of course this means you are stronger but so are the enemies, be prepared to face huge stacks of buffed up, full morale hordes.

Yes those changes seems overpowered but makes battles more fun, feel free not to use if you do not like :D

Now you can have Black Knights with Black Dragons, Cyclops and Plants.... guess what you can resurrect all of those.. WIN!

Major modification on "unloved units" and given them logical powerups
-Giants now hits like a truck with a 2 cell range, Quake fast reload and Resistances
-Cyclops projectile now hit all cells around the target.
More!
See all the changes below

Requires a new game in Impossible mode

Includes Legendary Warriors
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=15740
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14442

New Units!
Titans, Maelstrom, Legendary Phoenix, Dictator, Celestial Snake, Sinister
Note: Ice Ogres, pop up lua errors no fix yet, just click Ignore OK

All Races on Debir mod, (plenty to buy in shops) yay you can start with the units you like.
Buildings now sell all races units up to level 5.
Demons in the cave, Dwarves at Sebastian, Elves at Ragman, Lizards at Pythian, Neutrals at Witch House, Undead at Burut's Castle, Orcs at the ships.
Some high level spells (Resurrection, Phantom etc) in the University (Random)

Debir shops now sells various items of random level/races/types.

Morale
Morale from race to race removed, you can now mix races without penality.

Better Trade
You can vendor items for 75% their value and spells 100%. Now worth it to sell back junk items and scrolls, balance from low money gain on impossible.

Library
Book storage increased! 100 scrolls, tired of having to go back sell scrolls.

Truly Impossible
Stronger enemy forces! from impossible 170% to 300%! welcome a 12k Peasants, 75 Archdemons or a stack of 368 Bone Dragons...

Stronger bosses
+300% HP
+300% Damage

Companions
Elenhel Slot modified
weapon,shield
belt,gloves
artefact,regalia
artefact

Hero Levelup
+2 Runes of each types
+1 Mana
+1 Rage

Mage leadership from 10 to 13

Medals: Lower requirement for Medals, no more boring casting.
Battle Alchemy
Level3 from 400 to 300
Level4 from 800 to 500
Guardian Angel
Level3 from 400 to 300
Level4 from 800 to 500
Blind Rage
Level3 from 21000 to 14000
Level4 from 38000 to 21000

Red Sands Exp System:
Base bonuses for all units = Attack, Defense, Crit, Initiative, Speed, Res, Health, Damage

Better Chest Loot.. yes epic loot
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=212726&postcount=6
Dragon's chests:
25% for 3 Runes
30% chance of crystals [15% for 3, 40% for 5, 30% for 10, 15% for 15]
15% random scroll [50% for 1, 30% for 2, 20% for 3]
20% wanderer scroll
10% gold [10% "mini" amount, 50% "small", 40% "average"]

Battlefield chests:
25% random item
20% for 2 runes
15% chance of crystals [20% for 5, 50% for 8, 30% for 10]
10% random scroll [same sub-percentages as dragon's]
20% wanderer scroll
10% gold [same sub-percentages as dragon's]

Spells:
Resurrection Spell now works on Magic Immune, Demons, Undead, Golems, Plants
Runemage Revive now works on Magic Immune, Cyclops, Plants, Undead
Fire Breath works on Demons and Magic Immune
Stone Skin works on Magic Immune
Divine Armor can be cast on the undead

Astral Resistance
Leather dress now adds 5% astral resist
Medal Guardian angel now provide astral resistance
Divine armor now provides with astral resistance
Unit leveling "resistance" bonus now gives astral resistance

4 New Epic items
2 from Army of Light/Dark and 1 from Adventure mod
Rainbow Ring, Overlord Ring, Ancient Ring, Destroyer Boots

Modified Items
Drill +1 Init, now used for Ice Ogre, Maelstrom, Dictator
Joker's Hat +1 Morale to all races and Neutrals, Level4 Price=97000
Ring of Mind max count=0
New units should benefit from items that act on race/weapon/level etc
Removed item morale on all items

Upgraded Units:
Giant
New Ability "Smash" 2 cell hit like the Ogre Chieftain
"Quake" Reload from 2 to 1
+3 Speed, +1 Init, +10 Attack
+10% Phys Res
Added Magic Resistance, Fire Resistance, Persistence of Mind.
Bone Dragon
Poison Breath attack hits 2 cells in a line.
+10% Phys Res, +5% Crit
Archdemon
New Ability "Oblivion" 50% chance to disable target's skills.
+10% Magic Res
Cerberus
Always Retaliates
Ent
+2 Init, +1 Speed
+2 Missile Range
Ancient Ent
+4 Init, +2 Speed, +10 Attack
+10% Phys Res, +10% Magic Res
Swarm Reload from 2 to 1
+2 Missile Range
Ogre
+2 Speed, +10 Attack
+10% Magic Res
Ogre Chieftain
+2 Speed, +3 Init, +10 Attack, +10 Defense
+10% Fire Res, +10% Magic Res
Necrox
+4 Init, +2 Speed
Druid
+4 Init, +10% Crit
Demon
+1 Init, +1 Speed
+10% Magic Res
Executioner
+2 Speed
+10% Magic Res
Demoness
+2 Speed
BlackKnight
+1 Init, +2 Speed
Necromancer
+5% Crit
Brontor
+1 Init, +2 Speed
Troll
+2 Init, +2 Speed
Cannoneer
+5% Crit
Cyclop
New Ability Boulder throw, projectile now hits all cells around the target
+5 Init
+10 Attack
Paladin
+2 Init, +2 Speed
+5% Crit
Knight
+1 Speed
Assasin
+1 Speed
+10% Magic Res, +30% Phys Res
+11-13 Poison Damage
Demonologist
+10% Crit
+2 Missile Range
Emerald Dragon
+1 Init, +1 Speed
Maelstrom
New Ability Cleave attacks, hits 3 cells.
+1 Speed
+50 HP
Favorite Enemy (Human)
Fightning Spirit (Human)
Dictator
+1 Speed
Swaps Soul
Sinister
Necro Energy

Credits to Red Sands mod Team, got their permissions to mod their work.
Thanks to zini4_tha_grunt, bladeking77, N3MES1S, SayNt, DarkScythe for their release.

Please feel free to report any bug you find or suggestions.

You need Red Sands v1.6 full and this installs on top
RS link for those who do not have it http://kingsbounty.ru/test/red_sands/red_sands_setup_1.6_full.exe

Note: Packing the mod into a kfs would have been easier but it's not working.
Instructions: Backup your existing installation of Red Sands or make you can re-install if necessary.

Make sure you extracted the Red Sands mod, "\sessions\red_sands" open "red_sands_data.kfs" with winrar and extract the content into "\sessions\red_sands", do the same with the file "red_sands_ses.kfs"

Delete
\sessions\red_sands\red_sands_data.kfs
\sessions\red_sands\red_sands_ses.kfs

Copy all the files/folders from inside the folder "RedSandsExtreme" in the winzip archive into Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\ Overwriting the existing files/folders. Start a new game in Impossible mode.

Uninstalling, restore your backup or reinstall Red Sands

Red Sands patch 1.6.1 install:
I re-packaged their .kfs for simpler install since .atoms were in folders etc.
Open red_sands_ses_patch1.6.1.zip and copy all the folders inside "red_sands_ses_patch1.6.1" to "\sessions\red_sands\" Overwriting all files/folders/
Then do the same with the Red Sands Extreme1.4.zip, open it and copy all the files inside "RedSandsExtreme" to "\sessions\red_sands\" Overwriting all files/folders/

That way you keep all 1.6.1 fixes and at last you apply the RSE mod

ENJOY!

Grimeleven
http://img289.imagevenue.com/loc413/th_979855142_kb2011_08_2121_09_27_18_122_413lo.jpg (http://img289.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=979855142_kb2011_08_2121_09_27_18_12 2_413lo.jpg) http://img138.imagevenue.com/loc41/th_979867237_kb2011_08_2121_09_38_72_122_41lo.jpg (http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=979867237_kb2011_08_2121_09_38_72_12 2_41lo.jpg) http://img298.imagevenue.com/loc420/th_979879192_kb2011_08_2121_09_53_59_122_420lo.jpg (http://img298.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=979879192_kb2011_08_2121_09_53_59_12 2_420lo.jpg)
http://img161.imagevenue.com/loc478/th_979891792_kb2011_08_2121_23_56_99_122_478lo.jpg (http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=979891792_kb2011_08_2121_23_56_99_12 2_478lo.jpg) http://img101.imagevenue.com/loc366/th_979917627_RSE_122_366lo.jpg (http://img101.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=979917627_RSE_122_366lo.jpg)

Changes v1.1
Exp system 25 max HP
Ogre Chieftains -20 Dmg
Cyclops -40 Magic Res
Dictators to Demon Portal spell
Note:Shouldn't cause problem for games started with 1.0

Changes v1.2
Compatible with Red Sands v1.6
-Celestial Snake, bonus from; Great Druid Staff, Snake Ring, Snake Boots
-Legendary Phoenix, "expsystem" moved to "healer" bonuses
-Leveling hero, bonus runes per level from 5 to 2
-Cyclop, changed back to default resistances
-Black knight, bonus morale to Sinister
-expsystem, using updated settings from RS patch 1.6 meaning there
is no more +45 HP bonus to units
-expsystem in 1.6 now has 20 levels for units
-Ancient ring, bonus to all level five units
-Drill, bonus to Iceogre, Giant, Dictator, Maelstrom
-Graal, bonus to new units (living)
-Item morale on items removed
-Titans, bonus from Quick Draw and Trigger companion
-Chests, runes from 3 to 2
-Maelstrom leadership from 3500 to 4000 cost from 40000 to 75000
-Maelstrom headhunter skill bonus damage to Orge Chieftain, Harl, Runemage
-Dictator, fixed "Swaps souls" Ball of rage spawn on unit stack kills
-Updated with better instructions on installation.

Changes v1.3
Legendary Phoenix leadership from 5800 to 5000
-Iceball cost from 10g to 1500g
-Iceball leadership from 220 to 420
-Iceball, venskeleton, fireskeleton will no longer spawn in shops
with tweak "arenaonly=1" as it is a summon from new units(new games)
-Fixed General cloack item exploit leadership for Maelstroms,
this RS item was not intended to boost this unit. Item description
was not updated and MS is already OP enough.
-Added missing archers units to category lds "sp_lead_archers"
-Leadership req.% reduction, Crit%, Damage% added to all "bow" items, bonus to archers
-Applied attack animation "circle blow" to Maelstroms to reflect their "cleave" attack skill
-Fire Archer Skeleton, fixed LUA error about missing skill.
-exp_system, Resistances bonus now increase in 2% increments from 1%
Version 1.3.1
-Fixed Fighting spirit human skill, game hang bug, hotfix added to this here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=382685&postcount=170
-Revert setting "upgr_per_lvl=6" to "upgr_per_lvl=3" causing game crash
with certain units on leveling

Changes v1.4 ------ IMPORTANT SEE INSTRUCTION ABOVE FOR PATCH INSTALL
Red Sands Patch 1.6.1 Patch Required See attachment, English translation is included
Changelog here http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php%3Fs%3D27c33bb01c25235598427d8c85a25289%2 6showtopic%3D9690%26st%3D0&usg=ALkJrhiTk0hPLyRAWdqQIMBDGD6JRcfWfA#
RSE mod totally re-done with the above patch to ensure stability.
-Evilbook and Harl will no longer spawn in shops
-Archdemon, added missing skill "Oblivion"
-Assassin removed skill "Autodebuff"
-Destroyer Boots replaced for Destroyer Amulet "Artifact"
-Added description for updated "Fighting Spirit" Human skill

Destroyer Amulet http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=383366&postcount=153

hasim
08-22-2011, 05:34 AM
I do not know if I love you or hate you for making me play this again! :)
Great work man will try it ASAP.
ASAP I tell you!

infernal1800
08-22-2011, 05:51 AM
Impressive, I really appreciate your work :D For suggestions, I've sent you a private message that about my opinion. The only thing I dont understand is how could you change the color of monster such as red knight like malestrorm and titan. Anyway, Congrat :)

grimeleven
08-22-2011, 05:55 AM
Forgot to mention i haven't completed a game with this mod yet, obviously. So there might be balance issues or stuff OP with certain items idk i count on players to let me know.

Re-uploaded the file, i did not change unit's color, that's the work of the author of legendary warriors as mentioned in the 1st post but i'll check it out.

Fatt_Shade
08-22-2011, 10:13 AM
And i just started new game with newly installed full translated red sands . . . so what am i supposed to do now ? Start yet another game :-)
I loved the fact that players decided to revive this game with mods, but this isnt even funny anymore :-D Joking aside, good job and nice ideas with this grimeleven
I wonder how did you implement new items from other modes when i cant find their png files in redsandsextreme.zip that you uploaded here. In interface textures there are png for new units and their abilities, but no for new items. I ask this because i want t try to edit some items giving them lvl`s to upgrade like i said here :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25033
If i managed to edit 1 item and place those new png files where they belong rest would be easy, but i cant find a single item png file in my all game oflder so i have no idea how to change them :-( I wanted to add new set from all resistance items : leather dress, magic ball when both equip to give additional 3% res to all, and -3% to enemy resistances
(reward_fire_mage_1=+5 Mana<br>Reduces enemy elemental resistances by 2%
reward_fire_mage_2=+10 Mana<br>Reduces enemy elemental resistances by 4%
reward_fire_mage_3=+15 Mana<br>Reduces enemy elemental resistances by 7%
reward_fire_mage_4=+25 Mana<br>Reduces enemy elemental resistances by 10%)
I changed fire mage medal to try this and it works, so i wanted to add -res% enemy to some item.
Help with this pls.
All this new modes change units, difficulty, spells etc but no1 try to change how items work, and there are some great items we use in game but later just throw them away since they become useless, so i wanted to change some of those to be useful later in game.
And 1 more question : if you took units from legendary warriors, and items from adventure mod why not take units form adventure also ? Champion is great unit and would fit perfectly in this red sands extreme edition.

Fatt_Shade
08-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Sry for double post, i wanted to split my question post form this. Just wanted to add my thoughts about some features in this extreme change to red sands.
Great idea to implement old ideas in new mode and gj for it.
But some things i think are to much change :
1) no morale penalty for mixed races
2) hero lvlup to much runes, i like +1 rage/mana but i think it`s enough just to remove less runes from 50+ lvl`s. I know this is much harder to play since 300% difficulty in impossible mode but who want to play imposs runes wont mean that much
3) red sands exp system max dmg +5, max health +45 . . . dmg and health to what ? i dont get it what you changed here, just asking because i`m not sure what you changed with this.
4) you changed some spells so i figured you`ll be able to add berserk to undead also.
5) as for changed unit stats ... some are nice but some are to much, but that is my thinking.

grimeleven
08-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Hehe a new game yeah that's what i did ditching my level 42 lol..

Good idea on the Champion.. maybe next update. Ah the items, gave me headaches it wasn't loading properly because i had to swap them order... what gives.

You can use already existing icons for your new items, find a nice icon for your new item and use it's name tag "image=HeroItem_Addon_Ring03.png" which is "money lender ring".

Well here are the stats of new items
Destroyer Boots: +5 Intellect +25 Mana +1500 Leadership +5% all resist
Ancient Ring: +500 Leadership<br>[s]-10% Leadership requirement of all 5th level units<br>[s]+1 Morale to all 5th level units
Overlord Ring: +3 Attack and Defense to Demons and Undead +5 Attack and Defense to the Warriors of Darkness +6 Intellect -10% Leadership requirements for Undead and Demons -2 Morale to all other creatures in your own army
Rainbow Ring: +2 Attack, Defense and Intellect +5 to Mana and Rage +500 Leadership +2 Morale to all Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Neutrals and Lizards +10% Chance of Critical Hit of all Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, Neutrals and Lizards

Edit
Fatt: the morale is so players gets replayability on trying out new strategies with units they usually never use together.
exp system value are higher in limit, +45 means it's now 50 maximum HP for a unit but i doubt it will go that much, random. Berserk, haven't thought of it but then i could go on and add all the spells, no end on it hehe.

Which unit are too strong?, i suppose some are... extreme :D gotta think twice before taking on those.

infernal1800
08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
How about a new race with all level 6 unit, each unit will relate to one original race :)

zini4_tha_grunt
08-22-2011, 12:43 PM
How about a new race with all level 6 unit, each unit will relate to one original race :)

Level 6 creature is looking stupid. The 5 level creature's system is determined by 5 unit slots system.

infernal1800
08-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Level 6 creature is looking stupid. The 5 level creature's system is determined by 5 unit slots system.

I dont really understand what do you mean by 5 unit slots system, we are players and we can use any troop we want. I think it's ok having a level 6 unit which stronger than regular level 5 unit and cannot be bought from shop (do some quests or win some difficult battles) they are much more stronger so their level should be higher.

Fatt_Shade
08-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Not to strong as in stats, but titan 4300 lds, legendary penis 5800 lds come on :-)
But some big changes :
Archdemon 50% for Half, 50% for oblivion to much,
Chieftain +20dmg, for 1200 lds 5th lvl to much,
Black knight +2 speed to much
Cyclops to high res, only magic dmg was good against them before, now they are to strong
Paladin +2init/speed to much

As for items i get it how to edit image, just so it would be somehow different form old, but i cant find item png files in my all game folder games/kb-armoredprincess/... all files checked and cant fine png files for items to change them :-( am i blind or what ?
In localization/eng/other/eng_unit_features.lng you didnt add new units in description, does it make any problems with units in game,or its not important ?
About maelstorm headhunter talent, does it supposed to make bonus dmg to all 5th lvl units except dragons ? If does you missed runemages,orc chieftains and harl in list.But in my opinion only humanoid 5th lvl should be listed there, remove cyclops,titan,tyrex and legendary penis :-)
In titan iron fist you missed same as for maelstorm ( i think i suposed to make 100% bonus dmg to 5th lvl units), just add runemage,harl,legendary penis,and ogre chieftain. Also i saw titan have 4 active abilities (stun,push,throw,implosion), how`s that supposed to work out ?
In morale.txt you forgot sinister for black knights +1 morale hint.
Spell.txt add dictator for demon portal spell, 3rd lvl.
I had idea earlier to add new spell poison breath to order spells (for killing dragons/demons because their low poison res), something like hell breath in chaos magic tree but couldnt make new spell slot in book, making spell itself in spells.txt isnt problem placing it in book got me stuck. If you have any idea how to make this happen pls explain process to me, i`ll try to make it work.

infernal1800
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Not to strong as in stats, but titan 4300 lds, legendary penis 5800 lds come on :-)
As for items i get it how to edit image, just so it would be somehow different form old, but i cant find item png files in my all game folder games/kb-armoredprincess/... all files checked and cant fine png files for items to change them :-( am i blind or what ?
In localization/eg/other/eng_unit_features.lng you didnt add new units in description, does it make any problems with units in game,or its not important ?
About maelstorms headhunter talent, does it supposed to make bonus dmg to all 5th lvl units except dragons ? If does you missed runemages,orc chieftains and harl in list.But in my oppinion only humanoid 5th lvl should be listed there, remove cyclop,titan,tyrex and legendary penis :-)
I had idea earlier to add new spell poison breath to order spells (for killing dragons/demons because their low poison res), something like hell breath in chaos magic tree but couldnt make new spell slot in book, making spell itself in spells.txt isnt problem placing it in book got me stuck. If you have any idea how to make this happen pls explain proces to me, i`ll try to make it work.

For create new spells, I think you should edit both spells.lua and spells.txt and even some other .lua files depend on which spell do you want. Image for new spells and description are also important. I havent created new spells but I think those files are the most important :)

Fatt_Shade
08-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I did it with editing item battle axe, but i`m not satisfied with how they look in hero invertory. But important thing it works :-) Let the editing begin :-P
@infernal1800
For spells i know about that, we already chat on this idea but problem isn`t in spells.txt or spells.lua since those files describe how spell work how much mana it cost, turn duration etc. Png file isnt problem either i want to use poison spit picture, a bit changed. When it`s casted on unit there is little buff icon, like hell breath or stone skin and that i have also prepared.
My problem is to place that new spell in spell book since book as it is now have fix number of spell slots inside, so i need to figure out how to add 1 more spell slot in book and rest will be easy to add in spells.txt and spells.lua.

yujy
08-22-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi, congrats on the adaptation.

I started a new game impossible mage and there is no astral resistance showed. Maybe is because of an adaptation from the other mods or it's on my end.
I have also started a game 2 days ago with normal Red Sands and, from what i remembered, there was the astral resistance.

infernal1800
08-23-2011, 05:05 AM
Hi, congrats on the adaptation.

I started a new game impossible mage and there is no astral resistance showed. Maybe is because of an adaptation from the other mods or is't on my end.
I have also started a game 2 days ago with normal Red Sands and, from what i remembered, there was the astral resistance.

I think your logic.txt missed astral resistance or you have removed it. You should open logic.txt and look for the line:

resistances=physical,poison,magic,fire,astral

Fatt_Shade
08-23-2011, 09:20 AM
I run into weird problem here.
Just 2 days ago started new game in red sands with traslated files, and fixed orc saboteur crash ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=321585&postcount=103 ), no problems in game.
Then i dl this addon for red sands, and first fight with orc saboteurs in enemy army my game crashes again. I only cant find what file in redsandsextreme have anything with saboteurs ??? Grimeleven do you have any idea what caused my problem to start again

grimeleven
08-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Nothing for saboteur but make sure your "addon_special_attacks.lua" is fixed and does not read add_blog_saboteur_cloañking

edit i double checked the zip file and the lua for the saboteurs is fixed, so you can copy it over again, else idk what's going on, i used them and it doesn't crash.

another edit: maybe you copied over the .lua file? this lua fixed was with version 1.1 so you should just edit the file instead because the updated changes and my mod will make your game crash , missing code.

infernal1800
08-23-2011, 10:05 AM
To Fatt_shade: The most important is you have to install the latest official version of game or Saboteur will crash no matter what you have fixed. I havent install this version yet so I cannot use Saboteur even addon_special_attack.lua was fixed.

Pip-Boy
08-23-2011, 01:44 PM
It sure looks great I`ll be sure to try it out sometime, in the meanwhile is there a way to make the legendary units mod and the items you introduced in this mod for the Red Sands mod 1.3? I mean whitout all the changed stats and higher difficulty. If it could be possible of course.

yujy
08-23-2011, 05:14 PM
I think your logic.txt missed astral resistance or you have removed it. You should open logic.txt and look for the line:

resistances=physical,poison,magic,fire,astral

I checked and it's ok. Does anybody else have this problem?

Fatt_Shade
08-23-2011, 09:54 PM
@Pip_boy Ofc there is way to add just this new units in regular red sands mod, only copy all files from here to your sessions/red_sands/... folder. Files you need are :
1) in ATOMS folder copy files of legendary units maelstorm, titan. . .,
2) in CONFIG folder copy troop.txt and edit morale.txt and special_params.txt to add strings mentioning new units
3) EXP SYSTEM copy exp_system_cfg.txt
4) INTERFACE TEXTURES copy all new png files to your game folder
5) LOCALIZATION/eng/other copy eng_legendary_warriors.lng and eng_unit_features.lng
6) MODELS SRIPTS TEXTURES copy all new files to their location in your game folder
This should do it, but consider that without rest of extreme mod files you wont have all units on debir on start just saying. Good luck and have fun :-)

Pip-Boy
08-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Ohh thanks for the information. As soon as i learn a bit about modding I'll start to try to make some mods to help the community,many thanks again for the tip :) .

Fatt_Shade
08-24-2011, 12:14 AM
@grimeleven Truly Impossible
Stronger enemy forces! from impossible 170% to 300%! welcome a 12k Peasants, 75 Archdemons or a stack of 368 Bone Dragons...
Yea 12k peasants arent problem, but you changed this also in exp_system_cfg.txt : Max Health +45, and now i found 12800 peasants with 48 hp each. Is there some way to limitt how much hp units gain with lvling, 1-2lvl max 5hp, 3lvl max 15hp, 4lvl 30hp, 5th 50hp. This random bonus when unit lvlup is to imbalanced.

grimeleven
08-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Yeah i knew it but that's good some people test it out, it will be reduced to 25 next update. I was expecting the script randomness to have low chance of an enemy getting that much HP, i guess it's not that simple. About the Maelstrom, i didn't touch those level 5 units .lua pretty much from his mod, so things are like he wanted them to be but i guess we can change it.

I know those new units have too much leadership requirements but what if they had like 2500, wow they would be overpowered, so instead of lowering all their stats and skills i figured i'd leave them like that can they cost a huge amount of gold anyway. Also since most of them do special area attacks, they would be able to solo anything with lower leadership imo.

Oh and don't forget the archdemons, you will almost never get archdemons to hit something that has lower leadership than them to trigger the "Halve" so they were weak in impossible, halve just serves when u almost killed em all. Now the Oblivion ability is borrowed from Red Sand unit "Dryad" so it would affect it too, i might just check on to make it a new skill, later.

I believe the stun for Titans is that "custom_params {stun=40}" prolly means it adds a chance to stun on attacks.

"eng_unit_features.lng you didnt add new units in description, does it make any problems with units in game,or its not important ? " eng_legendary_warriors.lng contains all the new units info, so yes it can be in a separate file the game reads it and show tooltips.

Changes v1.1 - as usual copy/overwrite files
Exp system 25 max HP
Ogre Chieftains -20 Dmg
Cyclops -40 Magic Res
Dictators to Demon Portal spell
Sinister +1 Morale from Black Knights
Maelstrom, bonus damage to Runemage, Chieftains

Thanks Fatt Shade for your input and glad others are trying it as well.

Updated main post with 1.1
Shouldn't cause problem for games started with 1.0

pwnz0r
08-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Great mod, trying it out now. Sooo many runes tho.. and I dont even spam find treasure that much. Are you supposed to max out on those half way thru the game ?

Fatt_Shade
08-24-2011, 10:05 AM
@grimeleven For legendary units yea lds is to high but i didnt lower it to 2000, but 3000-3500 so i could take at least 1 after first loop debir-scarlet-rusty-verona(to kite)-bolo, just to try them out and see how they work (i never player their mod before)
I agree all legendary are to strong, but cost and lds cover that basically. Ok archdemon are almost useless for player with `halve` since all enemy are larger stacks leadershipvise so oblivion is nice add, i haven thought it through.
And since you changed some spells in your mod here could you pls check my last post here and give me some hints/help :

And pls tell me how to see after battle how much my units/spells/pet dragon made dmg% like here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=6873&d=1313083844
I`ve seen this bunch of times and never asked how to add it in my game.

@pwnzor Whell runes wont mean that much in this mod anyway, since yuoll fight with legions of strong enemy, so you`ll need every bit of skill and luck in couple of extra runes doesn`t mean that much.

grimeleven
08-24-2011, 10:59 AM
@grimeleven For legendary units yea lds is to high but i didnt lower it to 2000, but 3000-3500 so i could take at least 1 after first loop debir-scarlet-rusty-verona(to kite)-bolo, just to try them out and see how they work (i never player their mod before)
I agree all legendary are to strong, but cost and lds cover that basically. Ok archdemon are almost useless for player with `halve` since all enemy are larger stacks leadershipvise so oblivion is nice add, i haven thought it through.
And since you changed some spells in your mod here could you pls check my last post here and give me some hints/help :

And pls tell me how to see after battle how much my units/spells/pet dragon made dmg% like here
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=6873&d=1313083844
I`ve seen this bunch of times and never asked how to add it in my game.

@pwnzor Whell runes wont mean that much in this mod anyway, since yuoll fight with legions of strong enemy, so you`ll need every bit of skill and luck in couple of extra runes doesn`t mean that much.

Ok replied for your spell question http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=326655&postcount=6

I tried to change my leadership to 40000 to test out the new units and it seemed not so bad because my other "regular" units were doing more damage than them. Somehow someone that reach high level could report if the ldr should be lowered to match the other level 5's in balance, like i said it's untested :D

To see the damage results, just click "Details" at the bottom left of the "Victory" window, it will stay like that for rest of the game too.

Edit:
@Pip_boy to add to what Fatt said, if you also want all races on debir, it's the files in the folder "locs" which contain the shop items/units etc so copy that folder as well. Optional if you want to be able to resurrect demons,undead, buffs dragons etc it's contained in spells.txt, copy if you want.

Fatt_Shade
08-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Thx for reply, i figured out how to change items/medals spells still cause some problem. I`ll try somethings out for that.
And question about morale file in your RSE did you change something in hint_moral_onerace ? Since my humans dont get +1 morale when all human army (or any other race by that matter i tried all elf/dwarf/orc ).

infernal1800
08-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Thx for reply, i figured out how to change items/medals spells still cause some problem. I`ll try somethings out for that.
And question about morale file in your RSE did you change something in hint_moral_onerace ? Since my humans dont get +1 morale when all human army (or any other race by that matter i tried all elf/dwarf/orc ).

In morale.txt, morale for one race of human is somewhat disabled. If you want to activate it, delete "//" in "//human=1,hint_morale_onerace"

Maybe, the game want to weaken human race since they are powerful in comparing to other races (except the undead)

To check "hint_morale_onerace" description, open eng_units.lng and look for the line "hint_morale_onerace=All troops of one race."

Adanedhel
08-24-2011, 06:46 PM
This mod is great fun!
some minor bug i found:
(this one i cannot reproduce) I had stack of adult gobots at exp rank 3, after buying some more they went down back to lvl 1.

I just found ring of ancient kings:
+500Leadership,
-10% Leadership requirement for 5th lvl units
+1 morale for 5th lvl units

morale bonus works with every 5th lvl unit i have, but -10% requirement doesn't work at all

Pip-Boy
08-24-2011, 08:09 PM
@grimeleven Hey thanks for the tip.I`m now playing the mod though and I find it really fun, the increase in difficult it's notable (though I heard there is a mod for 750% stronger enemies) and the upgraded units are way more difficult to defeat,still I think there could be a balance when you lvl up and get the runes I know they`re meant to help in the harder battles but between them and the ones you find in the chests I think it's a bit overpowered (the magic crystals it's not a problem u eventually get to upgrade almost every important/must have spell in the game).I think that the chests should give a max of 3 runes and cut the bonus of runes when you lvl up to half,but that's my opinion. Still it`s a hell of a great mod :) .

grimeleven
08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
This mod is great fun!
some minor bug i found:
(this one i cannot reproduce) I had stack of adult gobots at exp rank 3, after buying some more they went down back to lvl 1.

+500Leadership,

morale bonus works with every 5th lvl unit i have, but -10% requirement doesn't work at all

Ah thanks for the heads up on ancient ring, forgot to handle the new value "sp_lead_lvlfive"
here is the fix, insert into "special_params.txt"
sp_lead_lvlfive {
cmc=1
params {
units=runemage,blackdragon,greendragon,reddragon,b onedragon,ogre,ogre_chieftain,tirex,giant,ent2,arc hdemon,troll,cyclop,harl,titan,legendaryphoenix,ma elstrom,sinister,dictator,necrox,iceogre,icedragon
}
}
Tested and now all get -10%. I'll put it in next version

Fatt_Shade
08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Just add icedragon in list for last grimelevens update for -10% lds 5th lvl troops.
Question about lds bonus with lvlup of her, i tried some old save and on 34th lvl i got 648 lds. How did that happen? What did file you change to get this number for lds growth.

grimeleven
08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Saw it too fast before my edit, removed 1 added 1 :P

With a mage? then it should be "leadership=13" in hero.txt

pwnz0r
08-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Sup ya'll. I haven't played the original red sands, neither CW. Last time I tackled this game was a year ago, an Armored Princess campaign on impossible. It just happens on a day I decide to play modded CW, red sands extreme comes out.

So I had to "cheese" through the beginning. My first failed attempt showed that you can't really afford to lose anything or you'll run out of gold before next weakest encounter. So, strong humans troops, especially with armor/steel armor/valor (paladins+knights+horsemen+inquisitors+fire mages) were way to go for flawless victories.

When about half the scarlet wind was cleared there's a need for stronger troops though. I had to kite a bit around bolo(scarlet wind acess + droid cave for amulet and treasure) then scarlet wind for bottle quest and chests and sitting at 35k gold at level 8 with almost no army.

Now the hardest decision lies in selecting a new army, given how much choice there is.

Fatt_Shade
08-26-2011, 02:19 AM
How about this idea ppl : almost every unit in game have some item/skill to lower leadership requirement. So i thought to add beholder units to mage`s archmage class skill -10/17/25% lds to spell casting units. Since every beholder have some active spell, this could be way to get new units in red sands more usable.

Found miss in quick draw, and triger companion : add titan and asmodean in list of archer units there.

Pip-Boy
08-27-2011, 08:05 PM
I think that's a good idea (especially for the sinister :P),also "Swap Souls" doesn't work eith the Dictators I've killed bandits,bears, all kind of living creatures and they don't drop the rage cluster.

zhaozhilong
08-28-2011, 02:49 AM
How do you add the battle camera and the highlight for pickable objects in the minimap (like those star thing seen in the adv mod ?

Fatt_Shade
08-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Found some weird things in files of this mod, so i ask WTF does they mean :
1) in skills.lua file this strings
function skill_rune_stone(name,level)
local bonus = skill_power(name,1,level-1)
local cur_might=Logic.hero_lu_item("rune_might","count")
local cur_magic=Logic.hero_lu_item("rune_magic","count")
Logic.hero_lu_item("rune_might","count",cur_might+bonus)
Logic.hero_lu_item("rune_magic","count",cur_magic+bonus)
This is description of old paladin runic stone skill from KB-TL, so i ask what it do here ?

2) function skill_archer(name,level)
if level >1 then bonus=bonus-skill_power(name,1,level-2) end
local cur_archer=Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_archer","count")
Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_archer","count",bonus+cur_archer)
I guess it`s suposed to lower lds requirements for archer units, but in skills.txt and eng_skills.lng it isnt mentioned, or given function for it. How to add this function in other 2 files connected to skills ?

3) function skill_archmage(name,level)
local cur_archer=Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_archmage","count")
Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_archmage","count",bonus+cur_archer)
It`s mage`s archemage skill, but it have string cur_archer ??? What should be there instead cur_archmage or something else ?

4) function skill_warrior(name,level)
local cur_lead=Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_warrior","count")
Logic.hero_lu_item("sp_lead_warrior","count",bonus+cur_lead)
Same as for archer skill, should this lower lds for warrior units listed in special_params.txt file ? And what skill is warrior anyway ?

grimeleven
08-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Look in special_params.txt sp_lead_archer, used for couple units

2- Yes, a wild guess it's a copy/paste mistake from katauri lol

4- sp_lead_warrior is used for knight set and Red Sands item "general_cloack"

I checked the files from Armored princess and yes that mistake is in it "cur_archer".

Nice find Fatt, good eyes hehe. But yeah mostly skills unused, "skills.txt" contains "skill_archmage" so i guess from that you could re-activate those 2 other skills and make them work.

So btw all those lines comes from the retail AP expansion so all mods created from now got these mistakes in.

@zhaozhilong Look in logic.txt
boxradar= 1 | 1 | 0 | 0 --- Each difficulty modes would be 1 | 1 | 1 | 1
Battle cam http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16803

Fatt_Shade
08-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Had some problems with mod so i tried to change some files back to original settings, and run in this mistakes in skills.lua file.
Also i found tihs in skills.txt for learning skill it says :
learning {
pos=0,2
deps=trophy
pic=skillicon2_05_
script=skill_learning
name=skill_learning_caption
hint_header=skill_learning
hint_text=skill_learning_hint
levels {
1 { pars=+10%,+1,+5% }
2 { pars=+15%,+2,+7% }
3 { pars=+20%,+3,+10% }
+10/15/20% are bonus exp from battles it`s OK, +1/2/3 is bonus to intelect and it`s OK, but WTF is +5/7/10% bonus for ???? It`s not explained anywhere.
They rly left bunch of crap in this game from original The Legend. No wonder editor crash like crazy, poor thing doesn`t know what`s happening :-(

Pip-Boy
08-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Those skills that lower the leadership for archers didn't even exist in KB:TL (unless it refers to an item) and they shouldn't appear in the editor,weird thing they do. Ejem also this is probably a bug from the original Legendary Units mod, but the Ice Ogre can use the ogre rage ability unlimited times (in the same turn) thus giving him a lot of attack and ap and no matter what if he uses any ability his turn won't end (the hunger skill is broken I suppose giving you the chance to use all the abilities in one turn).

Fatt_Shade
08-29-2011, 01:46 AM
@Pip_boy Thx for info about iceogres, havent tried so far but good to know in fights against them :-) Some suggestions about fixing this ppl ?
I found similar problem with king harl unit. His abilities need to be changed a bit to work :
encouragement {
script_attack=kingharl_encouragement -delete kingharl, and type special instead

second_wind {
script_attack=kingharl_second_wind -same, delete kingharl and type special.
It`s a bit weird with them : cost 1200 (12000 should be right) , only 1300 lds but make 120-160 physical dmg. To high dmg for so low lds, 80-120 should be enough(same lower their dmg vs dragons 160-240 instead 240-320). And add them in morale.txt file to give +1moral to humans, just add them next to griffin2 in unit2race strings.
And new iceball is also to strong : 10gold cost(way too low, 400 better), physical res to high, 18-24 dmg for 3rd lvl unit to high also even half of that is to much, spikes also too high dmg for low lvl unit.

Found big miss in exp_system_cfg.txt need to add all new units to base string: harl, iceball, iceogre, maelstorm, legendaryphoenix, titan, dictator, sinister, fire/glas/venskeleton, celestial_snake, griffin_spirit, evil book. Place them in their categories :
light shooter - add fire/venskeleton, satyr(replace him from shooter class2lvl unit belong here)

shooter - gorguana_spirit (replace from heavy shooter 3rd lvl unit)

heavy shooter - what unit is spiritist ?

light trooper - glaskeleton, replace pirate_ghost to trooper class(3 lvl unit), add bear from trooper class(2nd lvl unit)

trooper - add dryad,griffin_spirit, bat, evil book , remove bear, unicorn and unicorn2 (4th lvl unit goes to elite trooper)

elite trooper - add orc_hunter,shaman,shaman_blood,bat2, snake_celestial , remove witch_hunter(move him to trooper 3rd lvl unit) undead_brontor move to heavy shooter class(no idea why but brontor is there so i guess it`s ok)

healer - add legendaryphoenix

battle mage - add sinister, gorguana_elder, beholder2, mistik, gorgon, evilbook

suporter - add sinister, legendaryphoenix, iceogre

highlvl - add harl, maelstorm, legendaryphoenix, titan, iceogre, dictator, sinister.

zini4_tha_grunt
08-29-2011, 03:46 PM
light shooter - add fire/venskeleton, satyr(replace him from shooter class2lvl unit belong here)
It didn't mentioned them to be shooter. It's a mage.

About other options:
the Exp.system is build in case to make creatures with summon abilities more profit in summoning, not very effective heavy warriors (like bears) to have more HP (so the're in heavy trooper group). Different groups provides different bonuses. I've spent a lot of time to craft this system and to balance it. So be cautious.
Some creatures added into several groups. It's made to give more variety and to allow them to get more randomized bonuses.

Fatt_Shade
08-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Ok i thought units were placed in classes by lvl. But in this adaptation mod RSE i found couple stacks 12k sprites,or some other 1st lvl unit with 45Hp, 9inititative, 5speed so i got into checking what bonuse is at disposal to which unit.
As for satyr i think they need more initiative/res then hp to be able to heal ally before they all die. Hp will only make them more vunerable to burn/poison, and wont protect them from archdemon halfing/lightning ball kill% .

Lantisu10
08-29-2011, 11:07 PM
I really like this mod so far. It's extremely hard though! Any tips on unit composition?

Right now I'm running:
Red Dragons
Black Dragons
Legendary Phoenix
Cyclops
Giants

All the units I'm running into now are lethal/invincible. :(

yujy
08-30-2011, 06:10 AM
I really like this mod so far. It's extremely hard though! Any tips on unit composition?

Right now I'm running:
Red Dragons
Black Dragons
Legendary Phoenix
Cyclops
Giants

All the units I'm running into now are lethal/invincible. :(

Try using Maelstrom and only Maelstrom for fire, magic and physical attacks. Make sure he has 95% resistivity for the damage type the enemy units do. For poison damage use titans (very good with Maelstrom for physical and magic).
The other thing you must have is the lightning ball maxed out for yr. pet dragon.
Using this i cleared everything including Montero, Tekon, and Dersu (including boss fights). I played impossible mage.
Titans are good but i can't resurrect them using Ancient Phoenix, or Legendary Phoenix.
It helps having double cast for mage. At the later fights when 5k, 6k units are common you will take aroung 200 damage per hit even with 95% resistance, you will need to heal a lot (another thing about Titans you can't heal them - using spell 1 mana from spell book).
Forget about mana and rage items, put as many leadership reduction items on the hero. I got Mealstrom at 2450 leadership cost. Make sure you level yr. units to lvl 10 it will be a little to late after you clear out Verona (to many units to do solo - in order to lvl fast).

Fatt_Shade
08-30-2011, 10:22 AM
@Lantisu10 Well you ask for advice but havent said what hero class you play. You could drop giants, and if there is any dragon bonus item in game go voice of dragon 3rd lvl green/red/black dragon, legendary phoenix and harl (alternative is bone dragon). I know he`ll get -moral from dragons, but he can second wind any unit and have 9 basic initiative so you almost every battle play first (spell/pet dragon).
If no dragon bonus then you could go all melle mash like shrek build but with mealstoms.
@yujy Maelstorms are good for mage, but great for warrior(counterstrike), double cast is nice for buff spells, but you just wont make enough dmg to semi solo maelstorm he need attack bonus from might skill tree. And how did you get them to 2450lds ? Only ancient ring lower their requirement -10% , from 3500 basic it`s not what you say.

yujy
08-30-2011, 10:47 AM
@yujy Maelstorms are good for mage, but great for warrior(counterstrike), double cast is nice for buff spells, but you just wont make enough dmg to semi solo maelstorm he need attack bonus from might skill tree. And how did you get them to 2450lds ? Only ancient ring lower their requirement -10% , from 3500 basic it`s not what you say.
Quite simple actually. I got commander's cape -10% requirement and knight set -20% requirements. I total -30% which adds up to -1050 leadership per unit. I actually got 2 commanders cape but i didn't use both (i could, but i used robe of the mages)
I didn't use them as damage troop, i used them as rage generators and because they have much HP and great survivability, easy to heal through healing spell, easy to resurrect with Ancient Phoenix . I used ball of lightning for most of the damage. I also used Legendary Phoenix and Titans with Malestrom against magical damage units (like upgrading items, getting the stone from dragon Stark/white dragon, i believe it was the sorrow stone)

At lvl42 leadership 20k+, 8 Maelstrom all skills researched (warrior, paladin, mage) they could handle anything. I did 10k damage on critical. They would get 120-130 attack and 200 defense. I also used the spell which adds fire damage (i forgot the name, maybe hell's breath) which would give me a damage of 200-250 per unit (without considering the difference between my attack and his defense and other bonuses). This kind of tactic would be impossible with warrior (no double casting)

Fatt_Shade
08-30-2011, 03:09 PM
OK as i said double cast is neat skill, but if you played warrior before you`ll know that at 42lvl you have 40+Klds, and can bring 17+maelstorm with much higher basic att/def making 30K crit hits and with counterstrike skill, making him retaliate 4 times/round and this is also tactic impossible for mage. Every hero class have it`s perks, that`s why i asked Lantisu10 what class he play, and what item`s he have at disposal before i suggested some combinations to him.
And i just now figured out imba info for maelstorms lds, as you said 2 commander cloak upgraded makes -30% lds, and if you find ancient ring would get them to 2100lds/unit pretty sick :-)

yujy
08-30-2011, 03:40 PM
OK as i said double cast is neat skill, but if you played warrior before you`ll know that at 42lvl you have 40+Klds, and can bring 17+maelstorm with much higher basic att/def making 30K crit hits and with counterstrike skill, making him retaliate 4 times/round and this is also tactic impossible for mage. Every hero class have it`s perks, that`s why i asked Lantisu10 what class he play, and what item`s he have at disposal before i suggested some combinations to him.
And i just now figured out imba info for maelstorms lds, as you said 2 commander cloak upgraded makes -30% lds, and if you find ancient ring would get them to 2100lds/unit pretty sick :-)

I haven't played with warrior or paladin yet and i can't really say yes or no to yr. tactic. I will go warrior after i finish mage and will see.
The upgraded commanders cloak will only give the -10% leadership, in addition it will give leadership and morale bonus.

PS Another trick that can be done is to start the game using 5 Archmages (one in each slot) and mass use their magic shield (for the Guarding angel medal), after 500 uses (it can be done in 20 fights) you can get +10% protection from every damage.

Fatt_Shade
08-30-2011, 05:39 PM
I know for archgmage exploit for medals(doable in 14 fights with 13 stone skin/fight with mage hero), but thx any some1 who doesn`t will see it here.
If you`r new to KB-AP/CW some more hints :
1) for trap medal take 4x1 inqusitor 5th unit some strong to kill enemy, and kill them on trap you cast, then revive 1by1, or 5x1 if you have strong asmodeo. Tehnicly you can do this all you want, if you have mana to cast ilusion on 1 inqusitor then kill him on trap, and revive with illusion. Trap is among strongest spells in game, 4th lvl medal can go up to 12-19k dmg +poison.
2) This is only for mage, and you need lots of rage, not rly usable but fun to see. Lvlup lightning ball enough to rest=1, then in fight cast it, then awaken dragon lightning-ball no2, awaken dragon-ball no3, in next round repeat :-D It could be done 1 more time if you have helmet with antena (+1ball strike). As i said not rly usable, but it`s funny to see 6+ lightning ball`s flying around.
3) This is for warrior, and you need 2 battle axe`s with drill (new assasion commpanion with 2 weapon slot is best), lead 3-4th lvl melee units paladin 1 of them. All will have +65%dmg, pretty sick :-)
4) . . . depending what hero you want to play, and what build you have in midn there is lots of possibilities, and that`s what make this game great. All we need is some multiplayer to compeet against other nonAI opponents :-)

Lantisu10
08-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Wow--thanks for all the advice. I've been playing as a warrior; currently trying to clear out Verona.

I'll definitely give Maelstroms a go--they sound awesome. I've been trying to max out dragon dive and have been ignoring ball lightning (a bit mistake I guess?).

Also, I was wondering how to get to red sands? I got the quest in Scarlet Wind, it sent me to Rusty Anchor, and then to Verona. I think I am suppose to go to Montego next (where the dwarfs are), but I can't find anyone there.

Hmm..I wonder if should just start over with all the new advice. I can't even find a awaken dragon scroll in my game >_>

Fatt_Shade
08-31-2011, 01:34 AM
Red sands is quest made by some sadists. First you get it in scarlet wind to take quest then loop goes something like bolo-uzala-montero/verona-uzala-bolo-nameless-elon-reha-redsands.
As for pet dragon dive it`s nice, but mid game (around montero/dersu) it gets almost useless for dmg, but you can get it to 52rage for all map dmg so not bad. Lightning ball is sickest combo in game with gorguana`s blood mark it can kill 95% stack. But considering mage`s double cast, with warrior`s supremacy in rage department mage win every time. But warrior isnt just about rage, but about high att/crit chanse :-) so use dragon for opeaning battle and then mana regen/chests because no mater how high pet dragon`s lvl he just wont make much dmg considering your units.
And no need to start new playthrough just check what items you have in that1, and plan your build considering it. Decide what companion you like, and take best units for him, for expl dont lead moro dark, and elf`s or triger with all dragon army :-)
Awaken dragon not found till verona, dont sweat, i happened to find it chests, or lying around on other islands. But also had game with no stone skin in it :-( So anything is possible.

zhaozhilong
09-01-2011, 01:57 AM
Hi
I am around lv 15 and noted that the rune gain is a bit overdone. Probably by level 30 all skills will be maxed... Anyway to tweak it without having to restart ?

Also I am trying to get Adv mod's dragon voice to work here but unable to do so.. Anyone can have a look at this ?
(I have added celestial snake since I like this Royal Snake replacement,;) snakes are my favourite :)

dragon_voice {
pos=2,4
deps=diplomacy,belief
script=skill_dragon_voice
pic=skillicon2_20_
name=skill_dragon_voice_caption
hint_header=skill_dragon_voice
hint_text=skill_dragon_voice_hint
levels {
1 {
deps=1,1
runes=0,9,1
trade=
pars=+1,0,+2
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=bear,bear2,bear_white,dragonfly_fire,dragonfl y_lake,graywolf,griffin,griffin2,hyena,snake,snake _green,snake_royal,unicorn,unicorn2,wolf,griffin_c ursed,snake_celestial
}
pbonus=moral,1,0,0,-100,0,0
}
}

}
2 {
deps=1,1
runes=0,10,1
trade=
pars=+2,0,+4
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=bear,bear2,bear_white,dragonfly_fire,dragonfl y_lake,graywolf,griffin,griffin2,hyena,snake,snake _green,snake_royal,unicorn,unicorn2,wolf,griffin_c ursed,snake_celestial
}
pbonus=moral,2,0,0,-100,0,0
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=initiative,1,0,0,-100,0,0
}
}
}
3 {
deps=1,1
runes=2,11,1
trade=
pars=+2,+2,+6
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=bear,bear2,bear_white,dragonfly_fire,dragonfl y_lake,graywolf,griffin,griffin2,hyena,snake,snake _green,snake_royal,unicorn,unicorn2,wolf,bonedrago n,blackdragon,greendragon,reddragon,icedragon,grif fin_cursed,snake_celestial
}
pbonus=moral,2,0,0,-100,0,0
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=bear,bear2,bear_white,dragonfly_fire,dragonfl y_lake,graywolf,griffin,griffin2,hyena,snake,snake _green,snake_royal,unicorn,unicorn2,wolf,bonedrago n,blackdragon,greendragon,reddragon,icedragon,grif fin_cursed,snake_celestial
}
pbonus=initiative,1,0,0,-100,0,0
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
}
pbonus=speed,1,0,0,-100,0,0
}
}

}
}
}

Fatt_Shade
09-01-2011, 02:45 AM
You need to change this part in every lvl of skills in skills.txt :
pars=+2,0,+4 , since it desribes what bonus units get here says +2 moral, 0 second bonus, +4 rage to hero but you placed +1initiative in string,
same in 3rd lvl you place pars=+2,+2,+6 for 2moral, 2some other bonus, 6rage, and in skill body you give 2moral,1initiative,1speed but it`s not match with your parameters.
Check localization/eng/other/eng_skills.lng there is explained what will say in hero window about skills and what parameter (pars= from skills.txt) goes where (pars=+2,0,+4 , first parameter is +2, second is 0, third is +4). Try to figure out how skills work in scripts/skills.lua
In eng_skills you need to match every parameter with it`s position in skills.txt file
Hope i havent confused you to much :-)

langtu87
09-01-2011, 02:30 PM
I know for archgmage exploit for medals(doable in 14 fights with 13 stone skin/fight with mage hero), but thx any some1 who doesn`t will see it here.
If you`r new to KB-AP/CW some more hints :
1) for trap medal take 4x1 inqusitor 5th unit some strong to kill enemy, and kill them on trap you cast, then revive 1by1, or 5x1 if you have strong asmodeo. Tehnicly you can do this all you want, if you have mana to cast ilusion on 1 inqusitor then kill him on trap, and revive with illusion. Trap is among strongest spells in game, 4th lvl medal can go up to 12-19k dmg +poison.
2) This is only for mage, and you need lots of rage, not rly usable but fun to see. Lvlup lightning ball enough to rest=1, then in fight cast it, then awaken dragon lightning-ball no2, awaken dragon-ball no3, in next round repeat :-D It could be done 1 more time if you have helmet with antena (+1ball strike). As i said not rly usable, but it`s funny to see 6+ lightning ball`s flying around.
3) This is for warrior, and you need 2 battle axe`s with drill (new assasion commpanion with 2 weapon slot is best), lead 3-4th lvl melee units paladin 1 of them. All will have +65%dmg, pretty sick :-)
4) . . . depending what hero you want to play, and what build you have in midn there is lots of possibilities, and that`s what make this game great. All we need is some multiplayer to compeet against other nonAI opponents :-)

how can you cast a illusion spell for 1 insquistor? The illusion only can be cast when the illusion stack >= 1. It mean if your spell can cast 50% stack. You only cast it when target stack have >=2 unit

Fatt_Shade
09-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Yea sry, my bad. But 4x1 inquisitor +5th unit to draw enemy agro works no prob and with it you have at least 4trap killed units per battle. 4th traper medal done in less then 40 fights if you only kill your inquisitors, but if you get EGD and pull enemy on your traps could be done much faster. Debir-Scarlet and middle of Bolo guardian angel and trap medal 4th lvl`s are doable, and after that you`r left with mind numbing fire mage medal and it`s 1000000000 castings for meagre 25 mana :-) That`s why i changed it as i said on first page of this tread, about lowering enemy elm resistances.

zhaozhilong
09-02-2011, 04:48 AM
Hi Fatt_Shade

Thanks. I just copy the whole portion from Adv Mode and now it works....

Still wondering about the +7 runes gain per level... where can we tweaked it ?

Also I was looking high and low to add poison attack to celestial snake... Anyone know where to do that

Thanks in advance;)

Fatt_Shade
09-02-2011, 08:20 AM
Whel all about rune gain/lvl is in scripts/logic_hero.lua file , check it out and you`ll find 3 strings with description of rune/lvl i`m not sure which you want to remove original settings or this that grimeleven added in RSE mod.
As for poison dmg, iguess you thinking about +3dmg from royal snake ring. Go to sessions/red sands/config/items.txt and find royal_snake_ring and add there snake_celestial to string containing rest of snakes.
Also in same file find snake_boots and add celestial snakes to +1speed/inititative for them for that item.
Good luck :-)

Found this miss ppl, add in sessions/config/items.txt snake_celestial to snake boots and royal snake ring to bonuses for +1initiative/speed (boots) and +3poison dmg in ring
In sessions/config/companions.txt for glavk add snake_celestial for +5defense , +1moral.

Question : how to add bonus resistances form lvlup units to astral res. Guardian medal gives astral res to units, but not lvl`s when units lvlup in battles. I see physical/fire/magic/poison res when unit get new lvl with +res bonus, but not astral. Where to change this setting ?

grimeleven
09-02-2011, 02:13 PM
logic_hero.lua
Levelup.add( 0, "rune_might", might+5)
Levelup.add( 0, "rune_mind", mind+5)
Levelup.add( 0, "rune_magic", magic+5)

Poison dmg to unit, snake_celestial.atom edit file, change the X for min-max dmg
moveattack {
ad_factor=1
damage {
physical=22,26
poison=XX,XX

Astral res exp_system.lua add second line below the poison res
Attack.act_apply_res_spell( "poison", chp_res * expa_res_par, 0, 0, duration, false)
Attack.act_apply_res_spell( "astral", chp_res * expa_res_par, 0, 0, duration, false)

langtu87
09-02-2011, 04:36 PM
jusp play it a bit.Well, I don't know it is a bug or your mod mechanics.
When hero level up, the rune add +5 more each type. (Usualy +3, +5,+2, in mod: +8, +10, +7)
In your description, it seem when hero level up, you will gain +5 each type

Fatt_Shade
09-02-2011, 11:34 PM
@langtu87 Hm . . . i`m not sure to who you tell to play a bit ? grimeleven made this mod, and know how (almost)everything works.
@grimeleven Thx for astral res for units :-)

And something about exp for units ? I use magic shield with archmages and get some exp, then give them second wind with king harl ,and in when archmages act again i attack enemy and dont get any exp. Other time i do same but use telekinesis instead and get exp. I try other combinations and almost every time i get different results. Can any1 try this and report how it goes.
In solo asmodeo run he get exp for every attack/defense in turn because all enemy attack him as only unit. But other units in army seems not to have same exp system.

yujy
09-03-2011, 12:32 PM
I was wandering if is possible to change the bonus to life from red sand XP system. From a static 5,10 bonus to 5%, therefore 10hp unit wont grow to 45 HP and major units basically won't benefit.

Fatt_Shade
09-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Good idea yujy , since dmg gain is in %, hp should be done same way. And there ownt be 12k sprites with 46hp :-)
For changing go to sessions/re sands/exp_system/exp_system_cfg.txt file and try to make same to hp strings, as it`s for dmg.
damage_bonus=2 // in percents -- äë˙ âńĺăî äŕěŕćŕůĺăî
special_bonus=2 // in percents -- äë˙ ďđčçűâíűő ŕáčëîę
health_bonus=5 // abs -- őĺëöű
Dmg and special skill have bonus in %, while hp get absolute(abs) amount 5hp/lvl. Replace `abs` with `in percents` for health_bonus , and this should do it.

langtu87
09-03-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm playing this mod. With 1 maelstrom + heal lev 3 spell+ resistant lev 3 spell, the mage hero can owner early and mid game. I think you should nerf maelstrom (can't heal or somethink...).

Fatt_Shade
09-03-2011, 05:07 PM
@langtu87
Hm early/mid game with mage hero you can own with 1 maelstorm, and order magic 3lvl.
Question : how did you get runes and leadership to take 1 maelstorm with mage hero early game (yuo need at least 15th lvl to do that, which is around end rusty ancor early verona island.
Answer would be : you kited islands untill you got enough lvl`s to lead maelstorm and get runes to upgrade some skills you want. I`m not judgin(i did it also to test new units), just saying that in normal play you wont be able to do what you described. So why nerf some units for our choice to cheat ? Maelstorm doesn`t have 3500lds for no reason, it`s ment to lead small force of them. And just w8 untill you get to large enemy stacks with archdmeons in it, they`ll 100% have biger lds then your mage hero and halfing will kick your ass then 3rd lvl divine armor wont save you against them.
If you want to test your abilities go battles like it`s meant to : debir,scarlet,bolo . . . no kiting. Then you`ll see how hard this game rly is, when you clear first 3 islands, and didnt pick map for rusty/verona which is garded by 5 times larger enemy force then you lead and only way you can do itis to lose 80-90% of your army.
Try it out, and have fun :-)

langtu87
09-03-2011, 05:48 PM
@langtu87
Hm early/mid game with mage hero you can own with 1 maelstorm, and order magic 3lvl.
Question : how did you get runes and leadership to take 1 maelstorm with mage hero early game (yuo need at least 15th lvl to do that, which is around end rusty ancor early verona island.
Answer would be : you kited islands untill you got enough lvl`s to lead maelstorm and get runes to upgrade some skills you want. I`m not judgin(i did it also to test new units), just saying that in normal play you wont be able to do what you described. So why nerf some units for our choice to cheat ? Maelstorm doesn`t have 3500lds for no reason, it`s ment to lead small force of them. And just w8 untill you get to large enemy stacks with archdmeons in it, they`ll 100% have biger lds then your mage hero and halfing will kick your ass then 3rd lvl divine armor wont save you against them.
If you want to test your abilities go battles like it`s meant to : debir,scarlet,bolo . . . no kiting. Then you`ll see how hard this game rly is, when you clear first 3 islands, and didnt pick map for rusty/verona which is garded by 5 times larger enemy force then you lead and only way you can do itis to lose 80-90% of your army.
Try it out, and have fun :-)

I play impossible and I don't kiting. To get the map to rusty island, use 4 x 1 slot dryad and one ranger or monster dont retailaion.
I have a armor reduce -10% for knight.
With first 4 island + enough gold to buy item + leadership (beacuse of selling spell not reducing cost)
For the rune, the new mechanis ensure you can get 2,4 rune/ battle.
All of this, you can easily get maelstorm + lev 3 order.
With 1 maelstorm + lev 3 order + distordison, I won a battle againt 2x16 emeral dragon + 3x80 4th unit (> 100 rounds to win :cool:) at lev 10. So I think maelstorm is overpower.

Fatt_Shade
09-03-2011, 06:54 PM
In this game nothing can supprise me anymore :-)
For runes my bad, this mod gives rly too much runes.
But for lds simple math tell us this : 10lvl mage have 100lds from start, 20for first stone, (2+3+...+9+10)x13=705 for lvling up, maybe 500from strategy medal, if you pick up on islands 200-300(no more on first islands banners give 10-40lds max), and if you took glory skill 3rd lvl that`s 750. It`s all 2400, you said you bought some lds items but you still need 1000lds to take 1 maelstrom.
I`m not saying impossible, but i never saw some item that gives more then 100lds on first couple islands. You might upgraded dress of mages/princess dress to get 1000lds you need for maelstrom, but for that you had to already have him in army because those items have 4x8000+hp towers.
If you have some early save from that game, pls share it seems you had nice item pick early in the game.
And where did you find 2x16EGD battle on 10th lvl ? I know RSE have 300% stronger enemy but that is just too much dragons so early in game.
Still first fight against archdemons no divine armor and heal wont help you against halfing.

Adanedhel
09-03-2011, 07:43 PM
I've been using "army shop" mod with Red sands, but it doesn't work with Extreme. Are there some simple tweaks i can do to make it compatible again?

Fatt_Shade
09-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Red sands extreme already have army shop in it, i think you should completly separate this mod (RSE), or unistal red sand then add RSE because old army shop mod you had will overlap with this addon,and maybe cause problems. If you have time read all posts here some ppl found couple mised things (add new units to item, or skill to effect them and such).
Just my thought, but anyway you need to start new game to changes here to take effect.

langtu87
09-04-2011, 02:57 AM
In this game nothing can supprise me anymore :-)
For runes my bad, this mod gives rly too much runes.
But for lds simple math tell us this : 10lvl mage have 100lds from start, 20for first stone, (2+3+...+9+10)x13=705 for lvling up, maybe 500from strategy medal, if you pick up on islands 200-300(no more on first islands banners give 10-40lds max), and if you took glory skill 3rd lvl that`s 750. It`s all 2400, you said you bought some lds items but you still need 1000lds to take 1 maelstrom.
I`m not saying impossible, but i never saw some item that gives more then 100lds on first couple islands. You might upgraded dress of mages/princess dress to get 1000lds you need for maelstrom, but for that you had to already have him in army because those items have 4x8000+hp towers.
If you have some early save from that game, pls share it seems you had nice item pick early in the game.
And where did you find 2x16EGD battle on 10th lvl ? I know RSE have 300% stronger enemy but that is just too much dragons so early in game.
Still first fight against archdemons no divine armor and heal wont help you against halfing.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9dhc6uln36vknin/red_sands_Debir%20%2845%29.sav

with file save, you learn glory skill then hero have 3,3k lds.
For 2x16 EGD, you can go to 5th floor at tower in debir. Sorry about my mistake, it seem I start go to tower at lev 11 and when meet 2x16EGD, the hero at lev 15.
With armor =-10% lds, just 3150 lds is enough.

PS: after kill priate lev22 at scarlet island, I gain a ring -10% lds for 5th lev unit.

zhaozhilong
09-04-2011, 03:38 AM
The battlecam works, but then I realised I wanted to have the camera function in Adv Mod during Adventure mode....

IS there another mod for this ?:grin:

zhaozhilong
09-04-2011, 04:23 AM
To Fatt_shade: The most important is you have to install the latest official version of game or Saboteur will crash no matter what you have fixed. I havent install this version yet so I cannot use Saboteur even addon_special_attack.lua was fixed.

Any other work around on this ? My version is 1.3 Build 6150 ?

Nerf the saboteur by replacing his skill with other skills ?

Otherwise if I want to just have a walkthru with RSE, I will just have to give it 1 HP so that it won't spoilt my game....:(

Adanedhel
09-04-2011, 07:39 AM
@Fatt_Shade Thx for the tip. I tried to clean up installation but it didn't work, so i suppose, reinstall is what i need.

Edit: Still, it doesn't work for me:( After clean installation of red sand 1.3, and extreme, no army shop item in inventory.

some ppl found couple mised things (add new units to item, or skill to effect them and such).
Just my thought, but anyway you need to start new game to changes here to take effect.

+500Leadership,

If you meant this i knew that somehow;PP

Fatt_Shade
09-04-2011, 10:14 AM
@langtu87 Yea, sry i totally forgot about tower in debir island. Nice item rolls for early game 5th lvl :-)
Just checked your save, and you rly got lucky with items here :-) , not so much high int mage as for support mage build, thx for save.
@zhaozhilong For no prob game with orc saboteurs you must have 1,3,1 patch and fixed their bug in special_attacks.lua , any other way i dont know. Even if you get them to 1Hp you must kill them with AOE attacks, because if you hit them with direct attack like firebolt/any ranged unit it will still crash. So use dragon dive/fireball fire rain and such spells near them.
@Adanedhel Sry i meant you`ll have all race units on Debir island, mixed that with army shop item. My mistake here, sry again( you meant item that you can use to buy units you already have in your army right ?).
As for misses here are some, but you should read my other posts in this tread to see what i`ve found so far :
1)atoms - gorguana_spirit.txt change movetype=-2 to movetype=0
- maelstrom.txt in headhunter skill add runemage,ogre chieftain, harl (same units add to titan iron fist skill)
2) config - morale add sinister for +1 moral from black knight , add maelstrom to +1 moral from griffin2 , and next to griffin type harl so he also gives moral to humans because in his description says Regal, but he doesn`t give +1moral to humans.
3) config/companions - in triger for all 4lvl`s add titan and asmodeo for +crit% bonus since they both are archer units.
. . .
There are more, but since this mod was made by players ofc there is something missed. Ofc I dont judge just try to help to fix this things that may cause problems to other. Have fun with RSE :-)

Question ppl : is there pet.lua file in this mod ? Like bladeking77 made in his adventure mod, to separate pet dragons skills upgrades from rest of files ? I wanted to add more lvl`s to pet, because with this 300% stronger enemy he`ll get to max lvl very fast.

langtu87
09-04-2011, 11:23 AM
@langtu87 Yea, sry i totaly forgot about tower in debir island. Nice item rolls for early game 5th lvl :-)
Just checked your save, and you rly got lucky with items here :-) , not so much high int mage as for support mage build, thx for save.
@zhaozhilong For no prob game with orc saboteurs you must have 1,3,1 patch and fixed their bug in special_attacks.lua , nay other way i dont know. Even if you get them to 1Hp you must kill them with AOE attacks, because if you hit them with direct attack like firebolt/any ranged unit it will still crach. So use dragon dive/fireball fire rain and such spells near them.
@Adanedhel Sry i meant you`ll have all race units on Debir island, mixed that with army shop item. My mistake here, sry again( you meant item that you can use to buy units you already have in your army right ?).
As for misses here are some, but you should read my other posts in this tread to see what i`ve found so far :
1)atoms - gorguana_spirit.txt change movetype=-2 to movetype=0
- maelstrom.txt in headhunter skill add runemage,ogre chieftain, harl (same units add to titan iron fist skill)
2) config - morale add sinister and dictator for +1 moral form black knight , add maelstrom to +1 moral from griffin2 , and next to griffin type harl so he also gives moral to humans because in his description says Regal, but he doens give moral to humans.
3) config/companions - in triger for all 4lvl`s add titan and asmodeo for +crit% bonus since they both are archer units.
. . .
There are more, but since this mod was made by players ofc there is something missed. Ofc I dont judge just try to help to fix this things that may cause problems to other. Have fun with RSE :-)

Question ppl : is there pet.lua file in this mod ? Like bladeking77 made in his adventure mod, to separate pet dragons skills upgrades from rest of files ? I wanted to add more lvl`s to pet, because with tihs 300% stronger enemy he`ll get to max lvl very fast.

Well, I will stop use any lev 5 unit, that will make my game more interesting.
IMO, the mod should remove all 5th lev unit at first 4 island. (With 1xBK, Troll, EMD or any lev 5 will owner first 3 island, even with unit > 3,5k lds). If using 1 slot 5th lev, the dargon will lev up quickly.With maelstrom, after a battle you can gain 600-1k exp for dragon (maeltron one hit can get 20-25 rage) and I'm finish a quest to have ablity fly for hero easily. So I think with 5th lev like maelstrom, phoniex, titan; player can gain access after some diffculty quest and the price for them should be x10 (like maelstrom = 400k gold)

Fatt_Shade
09-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Well langtu87 here`s what playing is all about. Why make game to give you 5th lvl units after first 4 islands if you can decide yourself not to use them untill verona :-) Problem fixed :-P It`s decision every player make him/herself to what kind of build want and go with it without kiting(cheating), and try to play as best possible.
I did no loss impossbile with and without kiting, and without any kind of scouting of elon/nameless/reha on 1st lvl hero it`s much-much-much harder. It just doesn`t seem ok to go on late game islands to pick up all treasure/lds banners/no fight quests if i`m 1 lvl hero.
I`m not blaming but in your save amulet of ilumination quest +250lds you did kiting, same goes for rusty ancor map. Trust me going 1 island at time with only units you have available is much more challenging.
For higher price for 5th lvl units warrior/paladin would get screwed big time because they can lead much larger army then mage and will have to buy them all. Mage on other hand can buy/call of collosus some 5th lvl`s and with sacrifice just replanish his army when needed(last game i wanted all dragon army with mage hero, had only 2 red dragon eggs and no other way to buy them, i finished game with 17 of them with sacrifice).
Try this idea (i`m doing it in game i already started) : warrior hero, all 4th lvl melee units, Kotor companion(new assassin after defeating him) and if you`r lucky 2 battle axe items, long spear (+2att +15%dmg to orcs) and drill. Units i picked : paladin,orc veteran,orc saboteur,assassin,knight. Mass haste is a must here, but what can you do no build is perfect :-) All units will have +65%dmg,orc`s +80%, assassin/saboteurs +85%, it`s like leading 70-75% bigger army. If you want go with Moldok companion kick assassins and take orc/orc hunter instead it`s also great game. Either way you have 26-35dmg paladins+second wind for some1, orc veterans with their scoulding skill 46-55 dmg :-)
If you dont want to lead paladins for resurection, take demon/executioner/dictator/archdemon/legendaryphoenix but here you`ll have lower dmg% bonus (battle axe wont work on 5th lvl units), but unlimited retaliations +demons default +30%dmg to units 1-4lvl will do hilarious amount on crit and demon have nice items(thong,bracelet fury,pandemonium mask,-lds% . . .)and easily to resurect now with phoenix.
I mentioned your mage will go support with lack of high int items on first 4 islands(maybe later will be better choice), but consider your couple maelstroms with double cast and their dmg output and same lvl warrior with counterstrike/frenzy skills and much higher att. Maelstorms will dish out high crit% per hit and 4 retaliations/turn.
Every build you think off will have some perks, but also some missed things, and that`s why this game is interesting every time you get some new idea for problems you encountered before :-D

yujy
09-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Found a problem with paladin quest for extra skill (warriors of light something).
I've killed priest and inquisitor and nothing (in the quest log i got 0 kills).\

PS As for the % life bonus i'm still trying to figure it out. I can't really pinpoint the string were the static number turns into %. I'll keep trying and will see.

langtu87
09-04-2011, 04:05 PM
I have a rune staff. The description show I can upgarde it by use rune. But I don't know how to do this. Any idea?

Fatt_Shade
09-04-2011, 08:37 PM
@yujy Yea hp% isn`t simple as i thought would be, just changing abs hp bonus to in percents wont mean much, there is more to this. If you figure it out tell rest of us since this 45bonus hp to 1-2lvl units is just too much.
For paladin quest no idea, never play her, but i know mage and warrior works fine :-(
@langtu87 You need to carry staff in battles, after every battle oyu had rune staf in weapon slot there will be message `willingnes to invest rune xx%` when reach 100% you can place runes by choice might(R)/mind(G)/magic(B) and get different item. Check in config/items.txt which option would be best for you because there is many only 1 rune, or 2 or 3 and different combination (all in all 20 combinations) mean different bonus.
And in your save file you posted hod did you take 3rd lvl absolute balance, without glory/power of spirit/adrenalin/diplomacy ?
Your config/skills.txt file is f...d up, this is how it`s supposed to look like :
equilibrium {
pos=1,4
deps=accuracy,diplomacy
script=skill_equilibrium
pic=skillicon2_18_
name=skill_equilibrium_caption
hint_header=skill_equilibrium
hint_text=skill_equilibrium_hint
levels {
1 {
deps=1,1
runes=1,8,1
trade=
pars=+4
}
2 {
deps=1,1
runes=1,10,1
trade=
pars=+8
}
3 {
deps=1,1
runes=1,12,1
trade=
pars=+12
}
}
}
Found couple of more misses : in exp_system/exp_system_cfg.txt for healer class add monstera,legendaryphoenix

yujy
09-05-2011, 11:03 AM
I believe this is the formula for the % in damage and healing bonus (also is in %)

parameter = math.ceil(parameter*(1+expa_bonus/100))

There a 2 functions at the end of exp_system.lua (where the a.m. formula is used). Unfortunately i don't know how to create a function for health, not that it will stop me from trying.
I will make a couple of versions and will try them when i arrive home.

PS If someone wants to give it a try use the Notepad++ much easier to spot the formula and key words.

langtu87
09-05-2011, 01:20 PM
@Shade thank you for your help. Yesterday, I test with a battle suppress item and It not gain % so I think something config wrong. Hower, I just test with normal battle and it gain 4%.
about your question "hod did you take 3rd lvl absolute balance, without glory/power of spirit/adrenalin/diplomacy ?" I don't know what do you men.

Fatt_Shade
09-05-2011, 02:12 PM
@langtu87 What 4% ? You suppresed what item, and gain 4& of hwat ?
As for my question, load your save file Debir(45) you shared on last page, in mind skill tree you already have 3rd lvl Absolute balance skill, which requires diplomacy, adrenalin, power of spirit and glory, and you didnt have any of those skills. First post this page is correct way for that skill in config/skills.txt , your version is borken.

langtu87
09-05-2011, 02:29 PM
@langtu87 What 4% ? You suppresed what item, and gain 4& of hwat ?
As for my question, load your save file Debir(45) you shared on last page, in mind skill tree you already have 3rd lvl Absolute balance skill, which requires diplomacy, adrenalin, power of spirit and glory, and you didnt have any of those skills. First post this page is correct way for that skill in config/skills.txt , your version is borken.

Absolute balance require neat, bonus exp, gold branh; so may be your version is diffrent.
4% it what rune staff gain after hero win a normal battle. With suppress item battle, rune staff don't gain anythink.

Fatt_Shade
09-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Hm . . . No this is official red sands skills.txt file
equilibrium {
pos=1,4
deps=accuracy,diplomacy

Possition 1,4 =middle column, 4th place from top, deps =what skills you need to upgrade it here it`s neatness + diplomacy, your file is changed.
Runic staff i havent got to 100% saturation but i thought it will be some options to insert runes in it when it happen`s. Dont know what to do, maybe some1 else managed to upgrade it ?

Question grimeleven, or any1 else, in exp_system_cfg.txt first string is for exp units need to gain new lvl. What is second string for ?
chp_expa_limits=10,10,15,15,20,20,25,25,30,30 ???
Is this max exp unit can get per turn? And if it is, how can i remove it, because for humans it sucks with their fighting spirit, and when you use harl second wind it`s gets useless because any unit already acted wont get exp if already maxed out exp in that turn.
I ask because i want to add more lvl`s to them. I got to dersu island and already have all units on max lvl(4th lvl melee build), and if this formula yujy made for hp/dmg% bonus works i`ll add higher cap for dmg/crit/res/hp. Att/def/speed/initiative is enough now because att/def bonus have max value by default (+60att over enemy def is 300% dmg and cant go higher), so i wanted to add bonus to stats that can make some difference in higher 10+ lvl`s. Hero max lvl is 60+, pet dragon 60, asmodeo . . . no1 knows actually :-P, so i wanted to change unit lvl max.
And does any1 know where can i add more lvl`s for pet dragon also ? In adventure mod it was all nice packed in pet.lua file and i add 2 more lvl`s for every dragon skill. Here i have no idea where to look, since dragon skills are in couple files, and nowhere can i find description for his lvlup`s (more dmg/rage/rest etc per lvl upgrade).

Fatt_Shade
09-06-2011, 12:41 PM
As for not gaining 4% for runic staff when supressing items, it`s same tihng as for other items thet have counters - sword(+10might runes), baner(+10mind runes) or amulet(+10magic runes), ring(+3int) if you carry them in supresing item fight their counter wont go lower after it no idea why. Those fights are counted for no loss medal, and all spell casted/rage used also is counted, but not item thet need certan number of fights to give you some bonus.
Where in files is string for +1mana/rage after evey hero`s lvlup ? I wanted to check something there but cant find it.

yujy
09-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Question, does anyone knows were the item description is? (per example itm_medal_headhunter_1_name and so on).

All i got in the eng_items is this;

itm_medal_headhunter_1_name=Headhunter
itm_medal_headhunter_1_hint=^?^[ medal]
itm_medal_headhunter_1_info=^?^
itm_medal_headhunter_1_mhint=^?^
itm_medal_headhunter_1_minfo=^?^
itm_medal_headhunter_1_taken=^?^
(for the example i wrote earlier).

I made several changes to the medals to make all classes more fun to play. In that regard i changed the paladins +dmg from paladins, inquisitor and priest to all human (here i want to change the description to say that is all human).
The other change i made to the orc killer medal at mage. I added a lot of intelligence(30+ for medal 5) and also bonus damage to all mage type units (the same as special skill from mage with the -leadership%)

Fatt_Shade
09-07-2011, 12:53 AM
Description for medals is eng_rewards.lng file, in localization/eng/other , there you can change anything you want.
For paladin medal you should change in holy knight medal lvl`s like this :
fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=paladin,priest,priest2,archmage,firemage,rune mage
}
pbonus=
dbonus=magic,0,20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=paladin,priest,priest2,peasant,bowman,footman ,footman2,knight,horseman,runemage,maelstrom
}
pbonus=
dbonus=physical,0,20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=firemage,maelstrom
}
pbonus=
dbonus=fire,0,20,0,-100,0,0
rbonus=
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
}
This is only 1st lvl, do same for rest, but change bonus dmg to 25,30,35 or what ever you want. Humans are overpowered since they got fighting spirit, i wouldn add even more dmg to them, but this is how it`s done.
In eng_rewards you need to change also description to :
reward_holy_knight_1=+20% Damage of humans, and for 2,3,4th lvl also.

I also changed fire mage medal as i said on first page of this tread, but i dont get what you did ? Added +30 intellect on 4th lvl medal or what ??? If you did this it`s to much :-(
I found miss in items.txt :
1)for sling_ item add titan in units for bonus crit%
2) add snake_celestial for great druid staff,hunter_armor, hunter_boots
3) add maelstrom for virgin set
4) fireskeleton, venskeleton for set_krit, thunder musket, arbator, fire crossbow, yew bow, master bow
5) add ritualist to horseman_gloves
For upgrading runic staff be very carefull ppl when deciding what item you want, when you reach 100% to upgrade it you can place only 1 rune, then oyu need to fight 10-15 more battles before placing another rune and 10-15 battles more for third. If you place wrong rune i think it can`t be reversed, but to start all over again. Really bad item management, so be careful when doing this.
And question : did any1 try ot make composite item ? Like belt of victor/gloves of destroyer. . . ? I wanted to make new item made of simple +exp% items shark tooth/memoirs/magnifying glass maybe some other, but idea is to have 1item for bonus epx after battle, and leave other slots for something more useful. Before i played high lvl run and had bunch of crappy +exp% items, so i thought to make new item composed of this item type Changing existing item isn`t problem, but making new1 is a bit tricky, any suggestions ?

zhaozhilong
09-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Hi Fatt_Shade

Grimeleven earlier responded this...which I duly changed to +2 to make it more balance :)
logic_hero.lua
Levelup.add( 0, "rune_might", might+5)
Levelup.add( 0, "rune_mind", mind+5)
Levelup.add( 0, "rune_magic", magic+5)

Anyhow, the file is in
C:\Other Application\Trial\Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\red_sands_ses\scripts\ logic_hero.lua

and should be under this part

Levelup.add( 0, "rune_might", might+2)
Levelup.add( 0, "rune_mind", mind+2)
Levelup.add( 0, "rune_magic", magic+2)
local cur_rage=Logic.hero_lu_item("rage","limit")
local cur_mana=Logic.hero_lu_item("mana","limit")
-- add items to left button

if level < 51 then
Levelup.add( 0, "leadership", leadership*(level))
Logic.hero_lu_item("rage","limit",cur_rage+1)
Logic.hero_lu_item("mana","limit",cur_mana+1)
else
Levelup.add( 0, "leadership", leadership*25)
end
return false
end

yujy
09-07-2011, 11:33 AM
I already did the modifications, i just wanted to know where were the hint texts are so that i can change them. As for 30 intelligence is for lvl5 of medal. I will do some tests and will see if is overpowered (take in consideration that mage has low leadership, it's only power is spells, therefore i added a lot of intelligence.)
As for human damage for paladin is up to 50% bonus at lvl5 medal (which will be the same damage as a warrior which has 50% more leadership). Also human is very weak against poison,fire and magic (as a whole race) and i added the bonus to make an entire human lineup an option (until now it could only be affective against physical damage).
The way thing are know you can use only a handful of units (because of the 300% bonus). I want mage to go for a full mage setup with high numbers and damage.

Fatt_Shade
09-07-2011, 12:47 PM
+30int IS overpowered, i did consider mage`s lower lds but his strength isn`t in number of army but in double cast : shroud+fire rain, illusion+illusion, 2xShoal of piranha, mass slow/haste+black hole/death star . . . With 70 int mage black hole make 20K astral dmg to all on battle field.
I`m sorry but i cant agree with that much change to hero. I did change fire mage to +10% to elemental dmg (magic,fire,poison,astral), but +30 int is just to much.
Humans are great in physical/magic dmg but their great feat is moral, and easily resurrected. Also if you take warrior/counterstrike it hilarious to cast stone skin on horseman and kick him in middle of enemy units. Race as itself isnt great, but isn`t weak either.
If you want to make mage setup with high numbers and dmg, then give him x30lds multiplayer , and he`ll have more lds then warrior, more int with your +30 bonus and will be just uninteresting to play with.
I had some ideas to change things in game, but something in area :
1) making items upgradeable so some of them will be useful later in game, not just discarded after we find first better, and making some new composite item of simple 1-2lvl items but useful during game. So far we collected items we dont use to destroy them with neatness for magic crystals, now there will be other options.
2) making some new spells -holy rage(as inquisitor skill) , lower enemy resistances (like goblin shamans passive ability), bonus poison dmg (like hell breath) , human/dwarf/elf/lizard/undead slayer (why to make bonus dmg to dragons/demons only, lets treat all races equally)
3) bladeking gave me great idea here , 9th post on page :
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22725&page=6
Why only mage have bonus not restricted. His int can go to 200 and still will get more dmg, att/def are restricted to 300% bonus/reduction, but bladeking try to make my idea work and it`s great.
4) Also here is something interesting http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25742 , crit% working on special attack/spells.

Why i said this? Because you claim only handful units are useful in game because 300% bonus limit. I wouldnt agree , try warrior build with orcs , or melee shrek build, all dragon army with mage , 4th melee units +65% dmg as i mentioned on this tread bottom 8th page, 100crit% archer army with human+elf or orcs , girl power army , now that legendary phoenix can resurrect demons and new dictator 5thlvl unit pick them and go wild . . . There are lots of great unit builds and they arent limited just on mage hero. This changed RSE mod is harder as grimeleven said on start but to play it no need to strenghten mage in your files, just try other units and see what goes and, there is lots of them on debir island. No1 said we must play impossible settings.

I must agree with langtu on his remark maelstroms are overpowered, i have them on 178att/196def , 65%crit , 150-194mdg, it`s just not funny in battles :-( Even black knights were interesting to play then this insane unit.

yujy
09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
I understand yr. point of view, i really do. That's why i lowered the leadership for mage. The intelligence is not that high because at the end you will have 60-70 int, the thing is you wont have to use only int+ items. And few will get the 5th medal for mage, most will have the 4th medal with 20 intelligence. And for the 20k damage from black hole, i did 10k damage with 6 or 8 maelstrom with mage lvl40+. The warrior class can have 15+ maelstroms by the same time with + 3 retaliation (that ends up with 20k dmg with 1 attack possible and 3 retaliations, and they can hit up to 3 targets, which is mostly the case).
My fault for misleading you (about the few units playable), i was referring to the mage class. There are also several builds here, i tried black knight and got bored of it after like 10 fights, and the other builds mostly refer to solo/1 troop army. I want to use 5 mage type units (they will be similar with archer build but lower dmg)
Another thing i wanted to make possible is a mass resurrect spell for paladin (and only for paladin class) something when you hit resurrection lvl 3 skill (i want to buff up this class to, to make it more playable) but not as powerful as lvl 3 resurection (in the area of lvl2) . Probably i will drop the 50% dmg bonus for humans and will make them for all lvl 1-3 units + paladins.

langtu87
09-07-2011, 04:17 PM
I understand yr. point of view, i really do. That's why i lowered the leadership for mage. The intelligence is not that high because at the end you will have 60-70 int, the thing is you wont have to use only int+ items. And few will get the 5th medal for mage, most will have the 4th medal with 20 intelligence. And for the 20k damage from black hole, i did 10k damage with 6 or 8 maelstrom with mage lvl40+. The warrior class can have 15+ maelstroms by the same time with + 3 retaliation (that ends up with 20k dmg with 1 attack possible and 3 retaliations, and they can hit up to 3 targets, which is mostly the case).
My fault for misleading you (about the few units playable), i was referring to the mage class. There are also several builds here, i tried black knight and got bored of it after like 10 fights, and the other builds mostly refer to solo/1 troop army. I want to use 5 mage type units (they will be similar with archer build but lower dmg)
Another thing i wanted to make possible is a mass resurrect spell for paladin (and only for paladin class) something when you hit resurrection lvl 3 skill (i want to buff up this class to, to make it more playable) but not as powerful as lvl 3 resurection (in the area of lvl2) . Probably i will drop the 50% dmg bonus for humans and will make them for all lvl 1-3 units + paladins.

I think the strong point of mage is double cast.
The damgage dealer is lighning ball.
Then dragon toy + item gain dmg for lighting + double cast + wake dragon spell -> in late game, I don't even use any damge spell.
So your idea gain int for mage is really good.

Fatt_Shade
09-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I still cant agree with so high int bonus, but it`s your call.
As for lightning ball only dmg dealer . . .hm , what you do against draogn stacks and 80-90% magic res ? There you need plague/death star/black hole/piranha shoal , or some other physical/astral dmg spell.

I attached here fixed items.txt eng_items.lng and special_params.txt for those who want to dl. I added all new units (legendaryphoenix, maelstrom, harl ... to item/sets/params etc). I changed some item description in eng_items.lng but all items are same as in original red sands, just added new units for bonus (fireskeleton, venskeleton for bow items . . .).Also i added lizardead race since it`s forgotten in red sands to add them to item bonus.
Place items.txt special_params.txt in config folder, eng_items.lng in localization/eng/other.

Question : Any idea how to make composite item ?
In config/items.txt i copy item from winner_belt but changed to values,stats of my item, in items that make this new item i added usable in propbits next to item type, and i copy usec=020000000. . . string, from items that make winner belt.
In localization/eng/other/eng_items.lng i added new item same way winner belt is, and in it`s components added :
<br> Special: [d]a fragment of the artefact known as the [b]''.
I have all 3 item that make new, but i cant `use` them.
Help some1
Other problem is with upgradeable old items, i added lvl`s to some old weak items and make them usable later in game, and it works great. I have those items also can upgrade them, and get new lvl`ed item with bonus but item picture is blank only white space(attached screen). It exist in inventory and gives bonus to my units but it have no picture. In items.txt for that new upgraded item i set some 52x52 picture i dl from net and it wont work. If i change image=heroitem_... to something other then my png file that is already in game it works fine. But i would like to make different item from those already in game. What else i need to change for my items to be shown in hero`s inventory?

Any hint as to where to find pet dragons lvlup information ? I wanted to add more lvls to him.

langtu87
09-08-2011, 01:47 PM
I still cant agree with so high int bonus, but it`s your call.
As for lightning ball only dmg dealer . . .hm , what you do against draogn stacks and 80-90% magic res ? There you need plague/death star/black hole/piranha shoal , or some other physical/astral dmg spell.

I attached here fixed items.txt eng_items.lng and special_params.txt for those who want to dl. I added all new units (legendaryphoenix, maelstrom, harl ... to item/sets/params etc). I changed some item description in eng_items.lng but all items are same as in original red sands, just added new units for bonus (fireskeleton, venskeleton for bow items . . .).Also i added lizardead race since it`s forgotten in red sands to add them to item bonus.
Place items.txt special_params.txt in config folder, eng_items.lng in localization/eng/other.

Question : Any idea how to make composite item ?
In config/items.txt i copy item from winner_belt but changed to values,stats of my item, in items that make this new item i added usable in propbits next to item type, and i copy usec=020000000. . . string, from items that make winner belt.
In localization/eng/other/eng_items.lng i added new item same way winner belt is, and in it`s components added :
<br> Special: [d]a fragment of the artefact known as the [b]''.
I have all 3 item that make new, but i cant `use` them.
Help some1
Other problem is with upgradeable old items, i added lvl`s to some old weak items and make them usable later in game, and it works great. I have those items also can upgrade them, and get new lvl`ed item with bonuse but item picture is blank only white space. It exsist in invertory and gives bonus to my units but it have no picture. In items.txt for thet new upgraded item i set some 52x52 picture i dl from net and it wont work. If i change image=heroitem_... to something other then my png file that is already in game it works fine. But i would like to make different item from those already in game. What else i need to change for my items to be shown in hero`s invertory?

lighing ball is not magic damage. :cool:

Fatt_Shade
09-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Hm . . . no, it`s magic dmg :
ball {
hinthead=pet_ball_name
class=scripted
script_calccells=lightning_ball_calccells
script_attack=pet_ball
attack_cursor=magicstick
place=3
level=9
default=level1
upgrade {
level1=level:0/damage:magic:10:15,shock:20,rage:15,rest:1,exp:10, level:1
attack1=level:>0,attack:0/damage:magic:+0:+5,shock:+2,rage:+3,exp:+4,attack: 1
attack2=attack:1/damage:magic:+0:+7,shock:+2,rage:+4,exp:+6,attack: 2
attack3=attack:2,LV:>25/damage:magic:+10:+15,shock:+2,rage:+7,exp:+8,rest: +1,attack:3
attack4=attack:3,LV:>30/damage:magic:+10:+5,shock:+4,rage:+7,exp:+10,attac k:3
}
}
If you want to have fun, try killing dragons with it.

Any way i think red sands dev crew, and some of our fellow moders are on vacation because no1`s sending any kind of suggestions about implementing new item in game what got me stuck(among other things).

langtu87
09-08-2011, 02:28 PM
the resurrection ability of inquistor don't working.
I'm reinstall KBCW and redsand but it doesn't work.
Any suggestion?

Rudi
09-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi
I'd like to repeat yujys' request for a tweak to exp_system.lua (unfortunately changing "abs" to "in percent" in exp_system_cfg doesn't work),
as I'm a noob when it comes to lua scripting i don't know how to write/modify
the appropriate function but I'm pretty sure some modding guru will be able to do it in a blink

P.S. thanks to the Red Sands team for their excellent mod and to grimeleven for RSE

yujy
09-08-2011, 08:07 PM
@Fat shade

What items did you change earlier? I copied the new files and now i couldn't load my previews save. I started a new campaign (to see if it works) and works fine. Therefore i believe there is an error in the items.txt or eng_items (an error with one of my items i have on me).

@Rudi

I'm still trying to do that, but i don't know which parameter to use to indicate the HP of the unit.
I tried hitpoint(like is written in the units files), health and several others. For damage, for example, they use dam_min and dam_max.I will let everyone know if make a breakthrough. I'm also a noob about editing but if you really want something you have to try to modify the game as it fits you. Fad Shade for example has different ideas on how to augment the, so call, weaker classes but that only refers to the way he plays the game, while i have different styles and desires for my play through. All i'm saying is to give it a try who knows.

Fatt_Shade
09-08-2011, 09:47 PM
@langtu87 I dont think so , i only added new units to items already existing, didnt change or add new items i`m trying, those files are in other folder.
For exp : i added new fireskeleton and venskeleton to bow items that give bonus to archer units, i added griffin_spirit and harl to griffin items +1speed,-20lds , added spiritist, harl, griffin_spirit and legendary phoenix to horseman gloves +1 speed to mounted and flying units, and such. I didnt change any items at all. In eng_items i changed description to items i added new units to. Special params, i added maelstrom to sp_lead_warrior , medium darkmage,sinister and all other new undead to their sp_lead_undead. All in all i didnt change anything there, only added new units that got missed in red sands mod. Whole lizardead race isnt considered in red sands, so i added them also to item bonus.
@Rudi As langtu said, try it our yourself. I`m not good at this but i got some ideas and trying them out. But before i mod anything i copy file i`m planing to change to folder outside game and then play with it. Start game, and if it`s not working i copy original file i knew is ok, and back to drawing board :-P That`s how almost any1 else learned to mod this game :-)
If you have any ideas you want to try share with others, maybe some1 already did something similar, and can give you advice.

And ffs, pls some1 tell me cheat code for getting item`s in hero inventory. I make some items and dont want to try new games since i never use KBscanner, just want to see if game accept my items or not.
I try magicbook, and got all scrolls in my spell book, so it works, but i cant figure out how to get item i want. I`ll try making new spell to check my other ideas since magicbook cheat works.

Rudi
09-08-2011, 11:22 PM
I made a little modification in the exp_system.lua
local maxhp = Attack.act_get_par(attacker,"health")
Attack.act_attach_modificator(attacker,"health","expa_health_"..tostring(chp_health),maxhp*chp_health*expa_hp_pa r*0.01,0,0,duration,false)

it works well enough on small numbers but on larger bonuses for your units it gives a grater bonus than supposed to. While in tactics mode or before summoning Asmodeo/moving units the current hp is calculated correctly but after the first move it goes a few points up. This must be some kind of unit conversion or whatnot issue. Anybody more experienced feel welcome to explain.
Also I can post screens showing the matter clearly if needed

Fatt_Shade
09-09-2011, 12:52 AM
I think i managed to fix hp%, for unit lvlup. In exp exp_system.lua file find this string Attack.act_attach_modificator(attacker,"health","expa_health_"..tostring(chp_health),chp_health * expa_hp_par,0,0,duration,false)
and replace it with this one (just copy over it)
Attack.act_apply_par_spell("health","expa_health_"..tostring(chp_health),chp_health*expa_hp_par,0,0, duration,false)

How to make some unit to strenghten healing ability? My legendary phoenix have +4% healer, but still heal same amount hp as they dont have bonus :-( I havent used other healing units, so have no idea does it work on them either (priest, runemage, demonologist . . . ) Any1 idea how to fix it?

langtu87
09-09-2011, 02:40 PM
@langtu87 I dont think so , i only added new units to items already existing, didnt change or add new items i`m trying, those files are in other folder.
For exp : i added new fireskeleton and venskeleton to bow items that give bonus to archer units, i added griffin_spirit and harl to griffin items +1speed,-20lds , added spiritist, harl, griffin_spirit and legendary phoenix to horseman gloves +1 speed to mounted and flying units, and such. I didnt change any items at all. In eng_items i changed description to items i added new units to. Special params, i added maelstrom to sp_lead_warrior , medium darkmage,sinister and all other new undead to their sp_lead_undead. All in all i didnt change anything there, only added new units that got missed in red sands mod. Whole lizardead race isnt considered in red sands, so i added them also to item bonus.
@Rudi As langtu said, try it our yourself. I`m not good at this but i got some ideas and trying them out. But before i mod anything i copy file i`m planing to change to folder outside game and then play with it. Start game, and if it`s not working i copy original file i knew is ok, and back to drawing board :-P That`s how almost any1 else learned to mod this game :-)
If you have any ideas you want to try share with others, maybe some1 already did something similar, and can give you advice.

And ffs, pls some1 tell me cheat code for getting item`s in hero inventory. I make some items and dont want to try new games since i never use KBscanner, just want to see if game accept my items or not.
I try magicbook, and got all scrolls in my spell book, so it works, but i cant figure out how to get item i want. I`ll try making new spell to check my other ideas since magicbook cheat works.

in hero.txt
hero_mage { // ******************** Ìàã ********************
// ñòàðòîâûå ïàðàìåòðû
start {
leadership=100
attack=0
defense=0
intellect=3
mana=20
rage=10
gold=1000
rune_might=1
rune_mind=1
rune_magic=6
crystals=20
book=10
// ñòàðòîâûå óìåíèÿ èçó÷åííûå è íåäîñòóïíûå
skills_open=wizdom //rage,wizdom,meditation //chaos, alchemist
skills_off=blood_lust,resurrection,megamage,contrs trike,holy_armor
army=sprite|11|peasant|20|dragonfly_lake|11
spells {
spell_fire_arrow=1
spell_slow=1
spell_fire_ball=-1
spell_healing=-1
}

items {
time_clock=1
picture_inspirit=1
}
}

In items {}, you just add your_item=1

For anyone don't want the restriction when hero lev > 50, just edit logic_hero.lua file, find a code have: < 51 and a code have > 50 and change it

I added my mage crown of chaos, live bow and gain diffculty 500%. It really interesting :)
@Shad for the error about resurction of inquitor above, I think I will change redsand mod to 1.1 version. The problem cause when I upgrade it to 1.3 :confused:

Fatt_Shade
09-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Yea this item change is for starting new game i thought adding items for game already at 43lvl. But thx i`ll try it out to check my made items.
As for changing 1.1 to 1.3 i`m sorry, i knew i didnt cause any problems, only added new units to items.txt nothing that would cause game problems :-(

langtu87
09-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Yea this item change is for starting new game i thought adding items for game already at 43lvl. But thx i`ll try it out to check my made items.
As for changing 1.1 to 1.3 i`m sorry, i knew i didnt cause any problems, only added new units to items.txt nothing that would cause game problems :-(

No problem, I just install redsand 1.1 and it work ok. Maybe the cause because not compatiable version of KBCW.

As I reinstall KBCW, so I use the transalted in http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23322
then I use my program to check and it seem lack sone translate:

itext_elona_dungeon_1_637_hint=^?^Войти в гигантскую рыбину
itext_elona_dungeon_1_655_hint=^?^Книга Феи
itext_elona_dungeon_1_655_msg=^?^Прочитав эту книгу, можно попробовать поймать фею за хвост.
itext_montero_1686_hint=^?^<label=itm_companion_assassin_name>
itext_montero_1686_msg=^?^Самый обычный дипломированный гном ассасин.<br>Конечно, если гномы среди ассасинов вообще обычны.
itext_temple_love_597_hint=^?^Таинственн ый Маг
itext_temple_love_597_msg=^?^Загадочног вида маг.
itext_verona_3522_hint=^?^Вход в пещеру
itext_verona_3524_hint=^?^Вход в пещеру
itext_verona_3528_hint=^?^Мракоборец Геральд.
itext_verona_3528_msg=^?^Профессионал ный истребитель чудовищ.
itext_verona_3533_hint=^?^Один Единый
itext_verona_3533_msg=^?^Побежденный в честном бою вождь варваров, обосновавшихся на Вероне.
warning_embraces=Вокруг нет живых врагов!
add_blog_saboteur_cloaсking_1=^blog_td0^[name] маскируется и становится недосягаемым для большинства атак!
add_blog_saboteur_cloaсking_2=^blog_td0^[name] маскируются и становятся недосягаемыми для большинства атак!
ehero_system_hint_1817056010=Великий воин Рехау. Не доволен положением дел на Рехау и собрал армию против Ктаху. Не захотел оставить вас просто так.
globstr_1684091936=У воды из озера странный вкус. Но удивителен не вкус, а то, что вы на себе ощутили силу волшебства воды из озера.<br><br>Ваши навыки накапливать магическую энергию и контролировать свои эмоции улучшились, и вы получаете +2 к максмуму Маны и Ярости.
globstr_1924443945=Вы смогли выкупить у орков рунный посох. Таким оружием сражались в Войну Чародеев. Каждое такое оружие уникально, и владелец подстраивает его под себя, вкладывая в него Руны Талантов.
montero=Монтеро
перепоняющегоchat_system_238701288_ac tor_description=Альгамбро. Зловещий маг.

If someone have a good translated version or want a tranaslated in other language. Just send me translated of attached file

langtu87
09-10-2011, 02:57 AM
@Shade It seem your item.txt file has some bug. I using this and add item of pet dragon for hero at start but this item don't appear. Replace old file, it work.
So I think your item.txt has some bug or not compatiable with redsand 1.1 :(

yujy
09-10-2011, 11:39 AM
@Shade It seem your item.txt file has some bug. I using this and add item of pet dragon for hero at start but this item don't appear. Replace old file, it work.
So I think your item.txt has some bug or not compatiable with redsand 1.1 :(

I confirm that, i already checked half of it but it has more that 15000 lines so it will take some time.

Fatt_Shade
09-10-2011, 12:16 PM
I havent changed any item, only added new units from RSE to it. Harl and legendary phoenix to +1speed for flying units, fire,venskeleton,titan to archer bonus items, glaskeleton to melle bonus item etc.
I also added all lizardead race units to items.txt because red sands developers completely forgot about that race when they made mod. Maybe something with them caused problems.
Go in items.txt and try finding undead_digged_brontor and delete it form items, maybe it`s that. My version works on 1.1 and 1.3.1 both so i cant do this, but if you want to try it out.

yujy
09-12-2011, 12:25 PM
@Fatt Shade

It also worked fine when i started a new game, but when i tried continuing the old one crashed. For the time being i reverted to the old one (items.txt).
One problem i had was that i accidentally copy/paste one "{" extra. The result was that my medal disappeared and whenever i would scroll over it the game would crash.

Fatt_Shade
09-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Well i`m sorry for problems i caused ppl it wasnt my intention. Only wanted to spare other of boring work, of adding new legendary units and whole lizardead race to items.txt file. It seems weird to have so many units not counted for bonus/weaknes from item in game (maelstrom, ice ogre for drill, flying units for storm eye, ...) Those who want to i`ll list here all items that need to be changed to include new units in their strings.
For items.txt :
silber_chain , holy_cross , rusted_cross , paladin_shield , silver_armor , holy_ring , ktahu_claws , set_lizardmen , set_light , pain_blade , diploma_lizardology , ring_of_the_damned , sword_of_unity , overlord_ring , add ,lizardead race next to undead.
gryphon_feather , gryphon_banner , wing_wind , storm_eye , horseman_gloves , hunter_armor , picture_griffin_king add harl, and griffin_spirit units
wing_wind , storm_eye , horseman_gloves , hunter_armor add winged_shade(lizardead flying unit).
add fireskeleton, venskeleton units to all bows and other archer bonus giving items.
great_druid_staff , white_slippers , hunter_gloves , hunter_boots , add undead_brontor, undead_gobot.
I chose to add iceball , evil_book , dread_book to droid bonus items, because they are mechanical/summoned units, they have no morale so i gave them a bit boost from engeneirs_badge & optimization_module items.
I hope i havent forgotten any, but this is what i had in mind, so if any of you find anything missing, report for other to know. Gl :-)

yujy
09-12-2011, 06:38 PM
these are the problems:
1. battle_axe, one extra {} before "propbits=weapon"
2. overlord_ring an extra {} before "fight {".

@Fatt Shade you have nothing to apologize, you are just trying to make our favorite game a little better. Problems like these are to be excepted. What are you using to edit? If you're not using Notepad++ please give it a go it's free and helps a lot. For example it turns red the {} if they close and a kind of purple for one that is not closed(you just have to click next to it,right side, and will show red with the one that it closes).

Fatt_Shade
09-12-2011, 09:28 PM
I`ll give a try to notepad++ . Thx for info about extra {}, i managed to make my item apear in game with cheat shift+ tilda(~), and it`s interesting. I know now how to make items in game, spells are next. But i`m still stuck about making it function as i planed.
If some1 can check my last post`s on this pages
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=333952#post333952 (13th page)
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=333954#post333954 (15th page)
I tried to make composite item, and i can get it in game with cheat, but if i try to `use` it and decompose it i get items belt of wictor is made from (because i copy victor`s belt use=0000020005. . . string at end of item description in items.txt). How to figure out what that string contains, and set it to be made of my planed items.

zhaozhilong
09-13-2011, 02:14 AM
I`ll give a try to notepad++ . Thx for info about extra {}, i managed to make my item apear in game with cheat shift+ tilda(~), and it`s interesting. I know now how to make items in game, spells are next. But i`m still stuck about making it function as i planed.
I.

It will be great if there is a way to modified the populated mobs in-game. Say a amateur modder wanted to throw more challenge in a totally one sided game..., or maybe create a new item that throws "Level 6" mobs when morale hit 0 :)

That will be fun :grin:

zhaozhilong
09-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Hi All

Just found this problem. While doing item supressing battles, noticed whenever the inquisitor or priest got the "high", indicating 2nd turn, the cursor just turn hourclass and keep on rotating....as if there is a loop in the script...

Any expert out there can assist ?

I have left the battle for 5 mins and still the same and I suspect waiting for hours will not make much difference.

Please assist :)

Fatt_Shade
09-14-2011, 01:22 AM
I guess you`r thinking about human fighting spirit talent. Try alt+tab when that happenes. Usualy it`s some error report with abort/retry/ignore choices, pick ignore and you should be fine. If this problem stay`s then . . . i have no idea what`s wrong :-(

zhaozhilong
09-14-2011, 08:44 AM
No dialog box came out, I suspect that the script affecting Priest and Inquisitor is in error as there is no problem for bowmen and firemage...

:confused:

Fatt_Shade
09-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I dont think so, because there is no special script for human units (priest, inquisitor) just general human race script in scripts/addon_unit_features.lua there are strings that define how battle_spirit works and only reference to units is like
`if Attack.act_race(i)=="human" then . . .` so there is no script for every human unit, just for whole race. Something other is making you problems :-(

yujy
09-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Hi All

Just found this problem. While doing item supressing battles, noticed whenever the inquisitor or priest got the "high", indicating 2nd turn, the cursor just turn hourclass and keep on rotating....as if there is a loop in the script...

Any expert out there can assist ?

I have left the battle for 5 mins and still the same and I suspect waiting for hours will not make much difference.

Please assist :)

Why don't you attach yr. save game and i'll give it a try?! if it works then is from yr. game.(also tell me what item were you trying upgrade/suppress).

ShadowTek
09-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Wow, you are on fire man!! Thanks for the mod!!

Fatt_Shade
11-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Did any1 figured out what`s problem with enemy human units after getting second turn with fighting spirit? Same thing happens every time some enemy human range unit get second turn (or marauder,robber after using their special ability), just little hourglass appears and it lasts with no end, and unit that got second turn just stands there. It never happens with enemy human melee units though.

themaster
12-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Is this working with red sands 1.6?

I see it says needs red sands 1.3?

tata1
12-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I have red sands running properly and wanted to give extreme mode a try.
after downloading a file and following instructions ( unzipping the folders in sessions\red_sands) it does not work. First of all it says in instruction to overwrite files, but it does not ask me to overwrite anything. Since my red sands is running properly, i suppose all files (red sands ) are in order. After starting new game on impossible all new creatures and features are accessible. However, after starting any combat, Amelie cannot use spellbook, and all attacks (given or received) immediately kill a whole unit regardless of size. It also shows damage done - zero.
Any clues? thank you

themaster
12-19-2011, 01:34 AM
I have red sands running properly and wanted to give extreme mode a try.
after downloading a file and following instructions ( unzipping the folders in sessions\red_sands) it does not work. First of all it says in instruction to overwrite files, but it does not ask me to overwrite anything. Since my red sands is running properly, i suppose all files (red sands ) are in order. After starting new game on impossible all new creatures and features are accessible. However, after starting any combat, Amelie cannot use spellbook, and all attacks (given or received) immediately kill a whole unit regardless of size. It also shows damage done - zero.
Any clues? thank youNo, that is exactly what happened to me when I combined it with 1.6

Actually, red sands 1.6 is a little buggy (has crashed multiple times) even without this extreme mod.. I only have the 1.6 english though think there is a 1.6.04?

I am guessing the extreme mod only works with 1.3.. but I haven't tried that yet..?

themaster
12-19-2011, 02:00 AM
I found the cause of my crashing.. I was playing the extreme mod mixed with 1.6 red sands save.. and even after I removed extreme mod aspects of that save was causing the game to crash..

I started a new default red sands save and now all that's gone and looks stable..

Still I want to play the "extreme mod" so I'll see if I can find a 1.3 out there..

themaster
12-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Okay, I downloaded 1.3 from here..

http://letitbit.net/download/1673767/4034.41aa516791f8ee7b44a52b3b68fe/red_sands_setup_1.3_full_GameFree.Ru.exe.html

Seems okay

And I moved my 1.6 to a folder called "red_sands1.6" that seems to allow me to play that.. but extreme mod looks cooler so.. it's in the default red_sands folder..

It seems to be working/functional and the bugs/crashs I had before are not present.. so gonna try it out and play it :)

Also I through on the 1.6 version of the english on here not (1.6.04) and again I'll just see how that goes :D

Fatt_Shade
12-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I see many ppl have problems with 1.6 red sands version, so my question is this : if 1.3 version works without problems, and i know it does i played red sands extreme on it why change to 1.6 ? What is new/better/improved in 1.6 that we didnt have in 1.3.
I guess it`s some bugs or another, but in general i had problems in 1.3 only with thing i tried to mod/change so i knew how to fix them.
So @tata1 try to find 1.3 red sands and then upgrade to extreme trust me it`s worth it.
Have fun ppl :-)

Also try reading posts in this tread, there are some missing things (unit bonuses in items.txt , exp system file . . .) and check on 11th page 3rd post about giving hp% when units lvlup, not absolute number. You`ll have problems fighting stacks of 10k+ 1-2 units with 45 bonus hp.

fillyra
12-21-2011, 01:41 AM
I see many ppl have problems with 1.6 red sands version, so my question is this : if 1.3 version works without problems, and i know it does i played red sands extreme on it why change to 1.6 ? What is new/better/improved in 1.6 that we didnt have in 1.3.
I guess it`s some bugs or another, but in general i had problems in 1.3 only with thing i tried to mod/change so i knew how to fix them.
So @tata1 try to find 1.3 red sands and then upgrade to extreme trust me it`s worth it.

The original 1.3 link leads to a 404 error and for the most part I assumed that 1.6 would be less buggy than 1.3 when updating the Red Sands thread, but so far since I've been reading it doesn't seem to be the case.

Someone a few posts up provided a link to the 1.3 version, I'll mirror it so we don't lose the link for now. I'll probably also update the original Red Sands thread to include a link to the Red Sands Extreme mod and supply the most recent translation files along with instructions for use with Red Sands Extreme mod.

Personally, it seems I'm also having a few glitches here and there with Red Sands 1.6 and I'm not sure if it's due to the .3 version update (with the original translation being in mind for use with 1.3), localization errors in scripts, schemes, and so forth, so if people can play Red Sands with less headaches or problems using your mod then that's pretty swell.

EDIT: All sorts of mirrors for 1.3: http://www.multiupload.com/365YAQIHXQ

impy
01-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Have fun ppl :-)

Also try reading posts in this tread, there are some missing things (unit bonuses in items.txt , exp system file . . .) and check on 11th page 3rd post about giving hp% when units lvlup, not absolute number. You`ll have problems fighting stacks of 10k+ 1-2 units with 45 bonus hp.

There is no need to limit hit point gain in red sands extreme, although if you want to try out new units, strategies.. Red sands extreme still melts under good old 100% crit shooters army, admittedly it has always been overpowered strategy.
Army : hunters, goblins, catapults, paladins, goblin shamans. Cast target on paladins and destroy uncontrollable 5lvl units as priority. Just use Trigger as companion coupled with some crit boosting items. Most important are Iron of Krakulum+Jolly Roger. This way red sands extreme can be beaten no loss, no wanderer scrolls used (including Scrounger etc). It is so powerful I estimate even 500% increase on original red sands can be done no loss.
(you can also use hunters, elves, bowmen with arbator+quiver of dragon)
Happy new year:)

Fatt_Shade
01-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I wouldn`t agree about hp gain. Without fix for hp% as i said on 13th page, player will find stacks of 10-12k some low lvl units, with 40-50 hp each (for expl sprites from 9 hp, to 59 is a bit much 500% boost). That`s 400k hp worth of killing, to much and on other side 5th lvl units gain same 40-50 hp (which is less then 6% for some of them). That`s why i made it same % gain for all lvl`s.
As for 100% crit archer army my pick was a bit different : paladin + goblin + goblin shaman + catapult + blood shaman, first turn all units attack at least 2 times, goblins even more with unstoppable. usual goblins/goblin shamans/catapults/blood shamans(sacrifice all goblin units act 1 more)/paladin second wind on blood shamans/blood shamans/catapults/goblin shamans/goblins. Targeting paladins is nice, but i always love mass precision first because in first turn almost 80% enemy are dead with my lineup.

sdshadow
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
I can´t get the mod working. I have installed a fresh copy of the game, then i installed red sands 1.3 and i have copied the files and folders of "RedSandsExtreme" in the "Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\"

But there are no task to overwrite files, because there are no files in the red_sands folder, only 3 .kfs files and a "locations" folder.

I also tried to unpack the red_sands.kfs, copy the folder in the "Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\"

Neither the replace of the files from "RedSandsExtreme" in the Folder sessions\red_sands\ or sessions\red_sands\red_sands works.

I am really confused. Can anyone please post the correct path in which the files have to replaced?

Either i have the wrong path for the "RedSandsExtreme" or my own map from Debir override the Debir Map from RedSandsExtreme.

I don´t have a clue at which path the game saves the modded maps (after a complete reinstall of the game my changes are all there), i only found the _game folder at c:\, but i have deleted all in this folder, but my changes are still in the game.

Fatt_Shade
01-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Did you start new game with your setup ? There is no new option for Red sands extreme mod, only new units and other ingame settings. You cant change already started game if that`s what you wanted. But you sohuld have question to overwrite some files, since in RSE there are losts of changes units/spells/skills/medals . . .
And game folder/sessions/red_sands is correct path as far as i know (i used it with no prob). Maybe you installed original red sands in it`s default path something in russian settings, when you start installing red sands (before red sands extreme) change it`s path to game/sessions/red_sands then all files in that folder unrar(extract) and you should have lots of folders there (actors,army_atoms,atoms, config, localization . . .) then red sands extreme mod files overwrite in that folder. This should work, just be sure not to have sub folder like AP/sessions/red_sands/red_sands because this might cause problem.

sdshadow
01-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks Fatt_Shade, now it works.

The solution was to install the complete game at an other path, because my own map of debir has overwrite the map of debir from redsandsextreme and there were no units at the shops, thats the matter which i thought that the mod don´t work.

But it is really strange at which place my map is stored on my computer, but creating this map had lots of errors and shutdowns from the editor and really don´t work right, it seems that there are a lot of problems if i install the game at the standard path because of this failures from the editor.

New path, new luck and i don´t open the map editor anymore :)

grimeleven
01-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Hey guys, i've been away from this board for a long time, busy etc, glad you enjoy the mod and thanks for your comments/suggestions/fixes.

I updated OP with version 1.2, hope it's better balanced, fact is i haven't played this game in months, time to jump back to it.

Also suggest to use the updated translation http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23322 and just copy over the 4 .lng files inside my mod folder and you're done.

Have fun :D

@sdshadow, Yeah my bad i had forgot to mention you must delete the .kfs files after you install Red Sands, because the game will read those and ignore RSE, OP with better instructions

TheGsProds
01-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Hi guys!

I have a problem in Red Sands Island, i have the extreme mod 1.1.

my problem is the next one: ghost gorguanas makes my game crash, somebody can help me?

Thanks!

grimeleven
01-14-2012, 08:23 PM
@TheGsProds What happens when it crash? does it crash right when it's the unit turn or his abilities crashes, unit gets killed or kill a unit etc..

For those who downloaded 1.2, you might wanna re-download it cause i missed a change on the cyclop unit, you can just copy over "cyclop.atom" and "eng_units_features.lng" which have been modified.

grimeleven
01-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Finally found fixes for some LUA errors, Titan gets an error when it attempt to stun ennemies and Legendary Phoenix gives error when mouse over tooltip for Spirits Rage attack skill.

Legendary Phoenix leadership from 5800 to 5000

Fixed Iceball cost since i didn't expect this unit to come up in the shops, from 10g to 1500g

Also note i don't plan to implement any bonuses or effects to summoned units, "harl" has gotten a bit but that's it, they cannot levelup and are not considered "in-game" units.

The expsystem in 1.6 is well... not cool so i changed it a bit, feel free to leave at default.

Unlock stats level requirements, now it's Level 1 it was level 10-15 for some stats.
Upgrades-per-level, from 3 to 6, means maximum number of stats that will raises on levelup, but don't worry that are capped at defaults so you can't get +5 speed or something, and they are random bonuses.

Double maximum XP for all levels ie: Level 1=10XP per action, now it's 20, Level 2=15XP now 30 etc... Level 19-20 you need 112000XP -_-

Without that tweak i doubt players could reach level 20 with a regular playthrough.

Install: copy over the folders inside RedSandsExtreme into \sessions\red_sands\ and overwrite files.

Enjoy!

Fatt_Shade
01-16-2012, 10:59 AM
Finally some1 figured out that 10 lvl for unit exp is to low :-) I added 15th lvl myself long ago, but i think that 20 lvl`s is a bit much since it`s hard to achieve, and enemy units will always have at least 1 more exp lvl then your army. But it`s personal choice.

Ice ball isnt problem cost, but lds/unit, first game i played in RSE mod i found 500 ice balls in first shop on Verona island and saw how op they are). For 3rd lvl unit it have sick dmg and spikes ability ,+90% freeze. If need to fix it rise lds requirements to 300 or something, cost 1000 should be enough (since gold for buying units rarely problem in this game, but lds to carry enough is).
Legendary phoenix resurrection is to much, 1400HP unit, and resurrect aoe for 1500 hp !? It`s strongest resurrecting ability in game, to much in my opinion. 900hp res is more then enough.
And what did you changed in items.txt file in your update, i cant find any changes ?

You should check 11th page, my 2nd post there, about HP% gain when units lvlup. It just seems unbalanced that low lvl units get absolute bonus which is 100% of their basic health, and high lvl units get same amount of HP which is 0,8% for black dragons for example. I set it so max hp bonus is 50% no matter what unit , all get same % depending of basic health. You give +1HP per unit lvlup, which is useless for 3/4/5 lvl unit, and even 2nd lvl unit would have some benefit from it only at max +8HP which they and achieve around 10-15th exp lvl. But again as i said it`s personal choice.

grimeleven
01-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah i tried that HP% mod, but it gives me lua errors all the time and makes the game crash. I've tested units@level 18-20 and now the maximum i saw was +25 HP.

Just ignore Iceball for now, it will get removed or nerfed soon enough.

I had forgotten a change on the Joker's Hat item, all races moral bonus.

Fatt_Shade
01-16-2012, 08:50 PM
About HP% bonus :-( i thought i figured out how to make it work in game, i guess there is more to it then what i did in exp_system.lua file.

Any idea about problem causing game to halt and little hourglass icon to stay forever when enemy human range unit get another turn with fighting spirit (posts #115 , 121 in this tread)?

grimeleven
01-16-2012, 10:26 PM
I haven't had this problem yet, no idea so far since there is no error message or anything. Of course you could disable that skill, for now.

For me i just tested it, pack of archers has got a second turn with Fighting spirit and acted twice without problems.

TheGsProds
01-17-2012, 05:48 PM
@TheGsProds What happens when it crash? does it crash right when it's the unit turn or his abilities crashes, unit gets killed or kill a unit etc..

For those who downloaded 1.2, you might wanna re-download it cause i missed a change on the cyclop unit, you can just copy over "cyclop.atom" and "eng_units_features.lng" which have been modified.

The game crashes when it´s the unit (gorguana ghost) turn and I appear in the windows desktop

grimeleven
01-17-2012, 07:45 PM
The game crashes when it´s the unit (gorguana ghost) turn and I appear in the windows desktop

Since this unit is from the Red Sands addon, you will most likely have to wait until they patch the script.

The problem must rely in the file "addon_special_attacks.lua" ie: "function special_no_will_attack()" which is not part of my mod so it cannot be the source of the problem, i haven't touched anything on it, that being said i know a "dirty" fix until they patch it.

Navigate to \Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\atoms

Open gorguana_spirit.atom with notepad and change

attacks=moveattack,throw1,blood_mark,no_will

to

attacks=moveattack,throw1

Start game again
Both skills being removed will allow you to see if it still crashes, if it doesn't it means 1 of these skills is the culprit.

HardWithStyle
01-18-2012, 02:25 PM
OK, i downloaded all 3 mods (1.6 redsand, redsand extreme and januar update). First i installed 1.6 and inside sessions\red sands i deleted those 2 files. Then i unrar both (extreme and januar update), copy paste files and when i open game, i don't see anything different o.O

Before i delete both 2 files inside red sands, i see red sands mod when i start game, but when i play it, there are some chats full of some characters i never seen before ^.^, i found those at Orc NPC just bellow tower on Debir. What did i do wrong ?

grimeleven
01-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Make sure you extracted the Red Sands mod, "\sessions\red_sands" open "red_sands_data.kfs" with winrar and extract the content into "\sessions\red_sands", do the same with the file "red_sands_ses.kfs"

You need the Red Sands translated, here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23322

HardWithStyle
01-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Oh what? You can open .kfs with winrar? Oh my, sorry for my stupidness. Thanks for your reply!

grimeleven
01-19-2012, 12:42 AM
New version is out, major lua errors fixed, again thanks to testers if you find more stuff bugging out let me know.

Word of caution to myself or others, there is a setting which we must not alter too much, "exp_system_cfg.txt" upgr_per_lvl=X must not be higher than 6 or the game will hang on entering some fights, found it the hard way -_- glad at least it was not due to older stuff i changed.

HardWithStyle
01-19-2012, 08:04 AM
When download updates, do i need to start new game, or it will work?

PS really sorry for asking so many questions

grimeleven
01-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Nope, you can continue your game, shouldn't cause issues from updating.

grimeleven
01-20-2012, 12:51 AM
About HP% bonus :-( i thought i figured out how to make it work in game, i guess there is more to it then what i did in exp_system.lua file.

Any idea about problem causing game to halt and little hourglass icon to stay forever when enemy human range unit get another turn with fighting spirit (posts #115 , 121 in this tread)?

Oh well i take back what i said, i just encountered that bug, since it's a low% enemy gets battle spirit i didn't pick it first, it happens mostly with horsemen and by looking here http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfunction%2Bhuman_battle_spirit%26hl%3 Den%26biw%3D1006%26bih%3D536%26prmd%3Dimvns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&u=http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php%3Fs%3D748c7257cabbe8cc80dd1347b2f39044%2 6showtopic%3D9586%26st%3D260%26p%3D331407%26&usg=ALkJrhgc_pUDuagsWX2gu0sMeDktWr9xVg# it's a known problem with Red Sand 1.6.

Fortunately i think i found a solution, revert the patch changes to patch 1.3 settings in "addon_unit_features.lua"

Edit the file with notepad CTRL + F for "function human_battle_spirit"

Change
--local ap = Attack.act_ap(attacker)
Attack.act_ap(attacker,1)

To

--local ap = Attack.act_ap(attacker)
Attack.act_ap(attacker,speed)

I just tested it with horseman, they acted twice without making the game "hang" forever.

I uploaded the file for those who wants it, copy it into \scripts folder.

TheGsProds
01-20-2012, 11:48 AM
Since this unit is from the Red Sands addon, you will most likely have to wait until they patch the script.

The problem must rely in the file "addon_special_attacks.lua" ie: "function special_no_will_attack()" which is not part of my mod so it cannot be the source of the problem, i haven't touched anything on it, that being said i know a "dirty" fix until they patch it.

Navigate to \Kings Bounty Armored Princess\sessions\red_sands\atoms

Open gorguana_spirit.atom with notepad and change

attacks=moveattack,throw1,blood_mark,no_will

to

attacks=moveattack,throw1

Start game again
Both skills being removed will allow you to see if it still crashes, if it doesn't it means 1 of these skills is the culprit.

A lot of thanks grimeleven. I´m going to try it

grimeleven
01-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Released a quick update 1.3.1 with the above fixes and one more bug i fixed which made the game crash when some creatures were reaching level 10.

exp_system_cfg.txt
-Revert setting "upgr_per_lvl=6" to "upgr_per_lvl=3"

Edit: I re-uploaded the 1.3.1 version with another fix for human spirit here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=382685&postcount=170

grimeleven
01-23-2012, 07:16 AM
"Destroyer boots to Destroyer Amulet"

Optional update with a big WARNING, if you do this update while having the Destroyer Boots in your inventory the game will crash so this change the item type from boots to artifact.

My bad idea to have chosen "Boots" on Destroyer boots item which is powerful item, forced to waste the boot slot instead of an artifact which could be moved char/companion much easier. Leave at that for those of you who prefer it that way :)

Instructions:
If you have the item already and wish to use this update, save to another slot, then delete the "destroyer boots" and save again in another slot, better safe than sorry.

Copy item.txt into \sessions\red_sands\config\
Copy eng_newitems.lng into \sessions\red_sands\localization\eng\other\

Now you can load that second save with the boots deleted and use the console (Press [Shift] + ~ during game play) to get it back, Open it and type "item destroyer_amulet" without the quotes, voila.

Have fun

sdshadow
01-24-2012, 07:38 PM
The "boots" field is good for me, i have always way to low artifact places, there are so many good artifacts, but only a few good boots, and boots seem to be seldom in my games, at the time i have no boots on my warrior and i am level 22:)

borgfever
01-29-2012, 06:53 AM
hello, first of all i want to thank you all for the amazing job and info! You guys made me play KB all over again!

Now, i encountered a bug that makes my game to crash. I play a mage, with undead army, made of ancient vampires, necromancers, undead knight, adept of darkness and the undead shaman dude. All army is around level 10-14.

Now, in Verona, when i try to fight the game freeze around the turn 4/5. I can't understand what's happening...sometime right before the necromancer's turn, another time before the dark knights. I tried so far 3 differents battle on Verona and upgrading a magical item, still the same freeze.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

Little edit: the freeze still occour outside Verona...not sure if it mattered, but anyway...

grimeleven
01-29-2012, 06:26 PM
hello, first of all i want to thank you all for the amazing job and info! You guys made me play KB all over again!

Now, i encountered a bug that makes my game to crash. I play a mage, with undead army, made of ancient vampires, necromancers, undead knight, adept of darkness and the undead shaman dude. All army is around level 10-14.

Now, in Verona, when i try to fight the game freeze around the turn 4/5. I can't understand what's happening...sometime right before the necromancer's turn, another time before the dark knights. I tried so far 3 differents battle on Verona and upgrading a magical item, still the same freeze.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

Little edit: the freeze still occour outside Verona...not sure if it mattered, but anyway...

Yeah that bug pretty much looks like what i explained here... http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=384640&postcount=179

The exp_system.lua is the cause, check your units and see if one of em is about to level to 15 (mine has 29993/30000 XP) so no matter which fight, the game crashes. It could very well the enemy units about to level to 15 too.

Still no solution yet, i cannot play my game anymore because of that, i guess we must wait til RS team patches it or i might have to release my mod again for Red Sands patch 1.3 only....

Also make sure exp_system_cfg.txt has "upgr_per_lvl=3"

HardWithStyle
01-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah i have big problem in Elon with that Star quest. I pick up that Star near Miracle Tower and when i try to return it --> appcrash. Nothing works and yeh, don't let your team to level 15 (maybe somehow they can make it max at 14...).

Any1 else has problem with Star quest at Elon?

borgfever
01-29-2012, 08:23 PM
thx for the reply...didnt see that specific post.

I'm goin to try to cap the exp level at 14...is this line? expa_lvl_abs_max=20 ?

If I do so and it work, does i have balance issue later on?

If it works for both mobs and me shouldn't be a problem!!

Edit: ok i tried the change...still gettin exp as level 14/14, and when about to reach 15 game frozen. Sigh.

grimeleven
01-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Greats news.. i think i may have found a "temporary" fix for the leveling bug crash or "game hang", it may still happen later on when reaching level 19-20 but who knows if we can even reach those levels since it got uber high XP numbers.

Edit exp_system_cfg.txt with notepad

Change

levels_bonus=3,5,7,10,15,20

To

levels_bonus=3,5,7,10,19,20

borgfever
01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
great it works!!

only problem i can foresee is that while you can manage to stay at max level 19...what about enemy level? do they get to level 20?

Anyway, thats still days away from me so i hope it get fixed!

Thanks again

grimeleven
01-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Hello, i've released a new update, it includes the 25 Jan RS patch 1.6.1 which fixes the leveling system crashes etc http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://kingsbounty.ru/forum/index.php%3Fs%3D27c33bb01c25235598427d8c85a25289%2 6showtopic%3D9690%26st%3D0&usg=ALkJrhiTk0hPLyRAWdqQIMBDGD6JRcfWfA#
and i've included the translation files inside it.

@HardWithStyle, Yeah me too it crashes when turning in that quest in Elon, still not fixed with 1.6.1, next time maybe.

The changed the exp_system config but i raised the XP rewards from level 1-10 like i had done previously while still keeping the higher XP in last levels.

Have fun

Edit: Re-up, added description for updated Fighting spirit skill

"When attacking an enemy, unit has a 10% chance to improve their initiative by 1 for 1 turn. Each bonus or penalty of Morale raises or lowers the chance by 1%. Inflicting a fatal blow, the squad has increased chance of gaining initiative by 3%."

grimeleven
02-01-2012, 01:36 AM
I missed 1 change, my bad here's the fixed file, lua error when hero levelup, copy .lua to sessions\red_sands\scripts. I re-uploaded RedSandsExtreme with 2 changes included below.

I noticed there is something that got messed up in that patch, the player units would get a 50% damage increase, well over the limit cap and the enemy units were having 0% damage increase.. here's a fix to put it back decent levels, tho they changed the damage% for certain classes for something else.

For existing games, before it would calculate this way 5 * 10 = 50% damage now 2 * 10 = 20% max

exp_system_cfg.txt

Change

max_damage_bonus=4
damage_bonus=5

To

max_damage_bonus=10
damage_bonus=2

Scroll down to the "base" units

base {

and change

pars=9 // number of available params to upgrade for class
par1=attack
par2=defense
par3=krit
par4=attack
par5=defense
par6=krit
par7=attack
par8=defense
par9=krit

To

pars=8 // number of available params to upgrade for class
par1=attack
par2=defense
par3=krit
par4=attack
par5=defense
par6=krit
par7=attack
par8=damage

HardWithStyle
02-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a (most likely) dumb question, but at what time do i get access to new land? After i got every stone on main quest?

Fatt_Shade
02-04-2012, 08:41 PM
No need for stones, you must finish quest to get map for new island. It have lots of running around on other islands and main problem is to defeat 42 lvl hero for it.

HardWithStyle
02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
My current quest on red sands (which i don't have access to it):
-Find the answers in Red Sands
When i go to map, its under clouds. I killed nearly all, except K'Tahu and Tower in Debir.

What did i miss o.O

Fatt_Shade
02-05-2012, 11:31 AM
This is weird :-( You have map, form Zigurd, and all info for quest and you say there is no Red sands island when you want to travel there, right ?
You should have no problem with quest, I all did all same way and had normal travel to new island. Sry man, i have no idea what is problem :-(

HardWithStyle
02-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Damn... I still have that npc in inventory and try to talk with him but nothing. I really don't know why i cant go there >.< Hope grimeleven will have a solution for this.

Gone through all islands, talking to every single npc and 0 result. IDK why i cannot go on Red Island, is it possible i did something wrong with quests?

Fatt_Shade
02-05-2012, 04:29 PM
@HardWithStyle I played RSE on a little bit older version 1.3 and here is my quest log for red sands island different then yours. I dont know what changed in new update something in translation or quest itself but you got some bug/error in your version :-(
After fighting Zigurd quest goes : talk to shopkeeper in Elon, go to Reha in castle talk, then Nameless castle and after talking to Dark Mistikus he give you map to Red sands island and that was it for me. I dont know any other way to get map for new island, because that`s how quest is made. In your screen i see that order in which you visited islands is different then in my quest, if you have some save after fighting with Zigurd try going in my order Elon-Reha-Nameless and see if you get map for red sands. Good luck.

HardWithStyle
02-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Ah LOL, i got access to Red Sands, i haven't noticed that Mistikus got new line after Reha. Huhuh, thank you Fatt_Shade!

EDIT: grimeleven, can you do something about Orc Saboteur please. Started new game on Impossible and i have a stack of 200+ of them and i can't pass that, 100% crash when i attack at close range or when they attack me and i retaliate. Rest of game is working sooooo smooth now!

grimeleven
02-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Ah LOL, i got access to Red Sands, i haven't noticed that Mistikus got new line after Reha. Huhuh, thank you Fatt_Shade!

EDIT: grimeleven, can you do something about Orc Saboteur please. Started new game on Impossible and i have a stack of 200+ of them and i can't pass that, 100% crash when i attack at close range or when they attack me and i retaliate. Rest of game is working sooooo smooth now!

Ah sorry for late reply, i guess this unit got broken in recent patches, but for a quick fix, try to edit the saboteur atom file which can disable the "faulty" ability.

sessions\red_sands\atoms\orc_saboteur.atom

Change

posthitmaster=saboteur_posthit,orc_trophy_posthit, moldok_posthit

To

posthitmaster=orc_trophy_posthit,moldok_posthit
or
posthitmaster=orc_trophy_posthit

If it doesn't crash then... cool :)

Otherwise it's the invisibility skill, triple

Change
attacks=moveattack,cloacking,hit_back,triple_retur n

To

attacks=moveattack,hit_back,triple_return
or
attacks=moveattack,hit_back

Hope you can sort out the problem!

HardWithStyle
02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
No, something is wrong when they are trying to move. Although i don't get crash now when i attack them close range so its improvement. I actually reinstalled whole thing over and even that didn't help, you guys don't have this problems with them? o.O

EDIT: Game crashes instantly when they wanna make first step. Skills aren't an issue anymore, although they were.
First thing i did was changing post... to your 1st solution, i now can attack them at close range and they can attack me (if they don't move) without problem. Game crashed right after 2nd stack tried to use invisibility, so i changed attacks... to your 1st solution and there was no more problem. Changing both to 2nd solution, nothing changed, but game still crash, when they try to move right when then try to step.

b5523482
03-15-2012, 08:09 PM
applying the red sands extreme mod as per instructions results in the following problems

#1 Windows error:
Window title: "Error in sounds.csv"
Window msg: "File not found: orc_move2.wav"

if i click ok it can't find a bunch of other orc_*2.wav files, however if i click through this or just click cancel the game starts

i tried checking out sounds.csv however it does not mention which folder should hold the wav files (i wanted to put in some dummy wav files, alas since i don't know the relativ folder to which the game looks in i can't)

#2 missing ui background texture
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5894/uitexture.jpg

vanilla texture that suddenly is missing

#3 missing special unit portraits
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8786/uiunits.jpg

vanilla textures work but the special ones are not showing
----

these errors appear after applying the red sands extreme patch (red sands alone works)

zini4_tha_grunt
03-15-2012, 09:55 PM
R u sure, u're using KB Crossworlds?
This looks like it've been used with KB AP.

b5523482
03-16-2012, 08:30 AM
i installed crossworlds over steam, its located in

Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty armored princess

which is the directory i point the red sands install to and then i go from

Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty armored princess\sessions\red_sands

the game appears as "King's Bounty: Crossworlds" in the steam game library

when i start the game my selection looks like this

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/5153/campaignn.jpg

---

tuning 4x4 (http://www.fuerapiche.com/museo.htm)

coRex
03-19-2012, 12:09 PM
hi there!

i really enjoy this mod. but i have a question about the eyebeast you got as an item (i think asmodah or something like that is his name).
the eyebeast is getting better and better as you use the skills and so on...

at the beginning of the game the eyebeast wos quite nice, but as i level up (i think i am 8 right now), the beast is only at lvl 3 (which wouldn be an issue actually but...), and it does low dmg for this part of the game.

so my question is: is the eyeball actually worth those -15% leadership in the mid or late game? or is it just a nice idea and nothing more (which would be sad, because i kinda like the idea with a 6th creature on the board)?

Fatt_Shade
03-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Asmodeo is sick unit, if you play him 100% solo or great support if you use him allot with you`re army. But if you only use him form time to time, he`s not very interesting.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23658 read this tread, many posts on Asmo subject and try to figure what to do with him.
And for -15% lds, it is worth it, because later on certain lvl you can `use` (release) him for price and not wear item, but have him in army all time.

On same subject, did any1 go all Asmo solo, i just wonder how sick can he get (i`we read 52lvl Asmo, with 4kHp . . . ) ? Any pic, or stats info pls.

F-kid
03-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Is there something wrong with my Asmodeo?

I started a game (original red sands) last week and gave up because I was like level 12 and Asmodeo was level 4.

So I started this new game today, and killed almost every single enemy with Asmodeo, and he didn't die even once. However, he is not leveling at all. I'm level 5 already and he is still level 1!!!!!!

He was supposed to be leveling up at least a little bit, right? He killed almost every unit in the 10-15 battles I've had so far, but no signs of him leveling up.

Invisstalker
04-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to install only:
1) All Races on Debir mod; and
2) Morale: Morale from race to race removed, you can now mix races without penality.

I don't want to install the whole red sands extreme mod at this stage however. Thanks.

P.S I've searched through this thread and couldn't find the answer, sorry if I've missed it.

bacchus1974
04-27-2012, 02:12 PM
i dont understand how i do to install this mod and how i do to know if i managed to install the mod sand extreme red.

please help me

raknefne
05-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Been playing Red Sands for some weeks, now trying the extreme mod.
Does it only works on impossible level or is hard doable!? :rolleyes:

I guess the +300% monsters on impossible is because the bonuses er bigger too...!? :o

Fatt_Shade
05-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Hello ppl :-)
Holy crap, this took me long time to finish.
After some time i try again red sands, and started playing with some files (mainly pet dragon, to fix description with more lvls i added , and some new items i made), but in latest patch 1.6.1 i found some weird things :

1) red_sands\atoms\dark.lua summoned undead unit, have 50% bonus attack in night and dungeon like all undead units, but also have 2900% defense bonus for i have no idea why ?
2 {
logbits=dungeon
daytime=8
defense=2900%
attack=50%
}

2) evilgenius.atom is missing poison% for acid cannon attack, i think since he have same attack as alchemist, at least should have same posion%.

3) familiar_beh.atom i added lizard undead units in dead raiser skill, since they have same bonuses like other undead units, why not add them for revive skill of Asmadeo. Who want copy attached file in his game, i only changed deadraiser skill, rest of file is same as in 1.6.1 patch for red sands mod.

4) all lizard undead units missing +1moral cemetery bonuses in .atom files.

5) maelstrom.atom typo in headhunter part - orgre_chieftain

6) ogre.atom typo in feature string - orns_commander_hint . In localization\eng\other\eng_units_features.lng Ogre have orcs_commander_header/hint strings, and in ogre.atom it`s orks_commander, this is why it`s moral bonus to orcs and goblins isn`t working in battles. Fix it so in both files ogre have same strings for this talent.

7) companion.txt in agraves new undead unit driad missing for attack bonus

8 ) spells.txt i fixed necromancy and added new lizardead race in it, who want copy in their game file
// Çîâ Íĺęđîěŕíňŕ
spell_necromancy {
category=s
icon=s_overtime_bless.png
profit=4
price=9000
button_image=book_scroll_necromancy.png
image=book_spell_necromancy.png
label=SN_necromancy

hint_config=object_spell
school=3
hint=spell_necromancy_hint
hint_header=spell_necromancy_header

attack=scripted

scripted {
always_hint=1
hint_gen_script=necromancy_hint
log_label=null
nfeatures=nonecro,golem,plant,demon,magic_immunite t,holy
script_attack=spell_necromancy_attack
script_calccells=calccells_all_corpse
attack_cursor=magicstick
}
params {
// ęňî čç ęîăî ďîäíčěŕĺňń˙
skeleton=,peasant,footman,priest,robber,robber2,ba rbarian,barbarian2,pirat,pirat2,witch_hunter,miner ,dwarf,werewolf,druid,goblin2,orc,skeleton,glaskel eton,imp,imp2

archer=,satyr,elf,elf2,bowman,archer,fireskeleton, venskeleton,goblin,goblin_shaman,catapult,
spider_undead=,spider,spider_venom,spider_fire,spi der_undead,gobot,gobot2,undead_gobot,devilfish,dra gonfly_fire,dragonfly_lake,
zombie=,footman,footman2,priest,priest2,werewolf,d ruid,wolf,robber2,pirat,pirat2,witch_hunter,zombie ,miner,dwarf,orc,gorguana,gorguana_council,gorguan a_elder,gorguana_avenger,
zombie2=,footman,footman2,priest,priest2,werewolf, druid,wolf,robber2,pirat,pirat2,witch_hunter,zombi e2,miner,dwarf,orc,
ghost=,peasant,bowman,footman,footman2,priest,knig ht,paladin,horseman,satyr,elf,elf2,werewolf,wolf,u nicorn,unicorn2,miner,dwarf,miner2,cannoner,robber ,robber2,barbarian,barbarian2,pirat,pirat2,witch_h unter,assassin,hyena,graywolf,snake,snake_green,sn ake_royal,snake_celestial,bear,bear2,bear_white,gr iffin,griffin2,griffin_cursed,orc,orc2,orc_hunter, orc_saboteur,gorguana,gorguana_council,gorguana_el der,gorguana_avenger,chosha,brontor,highterrant,un dead_brontor,winged_shade,cerberus,demoness,demon, demon2,
ghost2=,peasant,bowman,footman,footman2,priest,kni ght,paladin,horseman,satyr,elf,elf2,werewolf,wolf, unicorn,unicorn2,miner,dwarf,miner2,cannoner,robbe r,robber2,barbarian,barbarian2,pirat,pirat2,witch_ hunter,assassin,hyena,graywolf,snake,snake_green,s nake_royal,snake_celestial,bear,bear2,bear_white,g riffin,griffin2,griffin_cursed,orc,orc2,orc_hunter ,orc_saboteur,gorguana,gorguana_council,gorguana_e lder,gorguana_avenger,chosha,brontor,highterrant,u ndead_brontor,winged_shade,cerberus,demoness,demon ,demon2,
vampire=,bowman,footman,footman2,priest,knight,pal adin,horseman,satyr,elf,elf2,werewolf,miner,dwarf, miner2,cannoner,pirat2,witch_hunter,assassin,orc,o rc2,orc_hunter,orc_saboteur,gorguana,gorguana_coun cil,gorguana_elder,gorguana_avenger,vampire,bat,de moness,demon,demon2,
vampire2=,footman2,knight,paladin,horseman,elf2,we rewolf,dwarf,miner2,cannoner,pirat2,witch_hunter,a ssassin,orc,orc2,orc_hunter,orc_saboteur,gorguana, gorguana_council,gorguana_elder,gorguana_avenger,v ampire2,bat2,demoness,demon,demon2,
blackknight=,footman2,knight,paladin,horseman,elf2 ,werewolf,dwarf,miner2,cannoner,pirat2,witch_hunte r,assassin,orc,orc2,orc_hunter,orc_saboteur,gorgua na,gorguana_council,gorguana_elder,gorguana_avenge r,blackknight,demoness,demon,demon2,
necromant=,priest2,archmage,firemage,druid,necroma nt,demonologist,gorguana2,
darkmage=,priest2,archmage,firemage,druid,darkmage ,demonologist,gorguana2,
spiritist=,shaman_blood,shaman,spiritist,
evilgenius=,ingeneer,alchemist,evilgenius,
dread_eye=,gorgon,mistik,beholder,beholder2,dread_ eye,
sinister=,gorgon,mistik,beholder,beholder2,siniste r,
driad=,sprite,sprite_lake,sunny_sprite,dryad,driad ,
bonedragon=,runemage,maelstrom,champion,ent2,giant ,cyclop,titan,troll,harl,bonedragon,greendragon,bl ackdragon,reddragon,tirex,necrox,
sinister=,runemage,maelstrom,champion,ent2,giant,c yclop,titan,troll,harl,sinister,greendragon,blackd ragon,reddragon,tirex,necrox,
undead_gobot=,spider,spider_venom,spider_fire,spid er_undead,gobot,gobot2,undead_gobot,devilfish,drag onfly_fire,dragonfly_lake,
gorguana_avenger=,bowman,footman,footman2,priest,k night,paladin,horseman,satyr,elf,elf2,werewolf,min er,dwarf,miner2,cannoner,pirat2,witch_hunter,assas sin,orc,orc2,orc_hunter,orc_saboteur,gorguana,gorg uana_council,gorguana_elder,gorguana_avenger,vampi re,bat,demoness,demon,demon2,
gorguana_spirit=,priest,priest2,archmage,firemage, druid,darkmage,necromant,demonologist,gorguana2,
undead_brontor=,wolf,unicorn,unicorn2,hyena,graywo lf,snake_royal,snake_celestial,bear2,bear_white,gr iffin,griffin2,griffin_cursed,chosha,brontor,hight errant,undead_brontor,cerberus,
winged_shade=,wolf,unicorn,unicorn2,hyena,graywolf ,snake_royal,snake_celestial,bear2,bear_white,grif fin,griffin2,griffin_cursed,chosha,brontor,highter rant,winged_shade,cerberus,
bonedragon=,runemage,maelstrom,champion,ent2,giant ,cyclop,titan,troll,harl,sinister,bonedragon,green dragon,blackdragon,reddragon,tirex,necrox,
power=500,1000,1500 // ńóěěŕđíűé őčňďîčíň
}
levels {
// level = mana_cost, crystals_cost to upgrade from previous level
1=10,5
2=22,10
3=35,20
}
}
Who want, save original spells.lua file and copy this over necromancy spell in it, if you got some problems return original file from copy location. I had no problems with it, but i started new game with this in spell mechanics already.

9) i attached some files i also changed to include lizardead race : in battle_akademy.lua i added their units for upgrading , engbakademy.lng also added lizardead , pet.atom and eng_pet.lng for those who want to play with pet dragon skills (save those files in scripts folder later) , familiar_beh.atom i included lizardead units for deadraiser skill who want to try.

On other note, any idea what to do with wisdom_skull , scroll_bag , shaman/inquisitor set bonus rewards, and wisdom skill now isnce in RSE mod all hero classes have 100 scroll slots in book from start ? I had some ideas what to change this items/skill, but not really interesting.
Any thoughts ppl ?

Fatt_Shade
05-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Some time ago i asked for some stats on end game solo asmodean play, but no reply so i decided to try it myself. And run into some weird things :
1) quest mercenaries, i brought 50 bowman, robber and pirate in reserve slots from debir/scralet wind islands, to rusty and go to delivered them to finish quest. But after i finished quest i still had 50 bowman in reserve, and robbers ^ pirates were gone. Bow man were in 5th reserve slot (1 of new, added in this mod), and robber/pirate were located in regular reserve slots. No big problem, just mentioning this little bug.
2) dersu island i took quest pearls for necklace , and found 6 of them. Every game before i find 5/, this time 6/5. Who want to buy pearls ? i`ll make you god price :-D
3) when i pick up fallen star, and try to talk to Aster to update my quest log, and get info to take tools form montero, my game crash :-( I thin i read about this bug before, but cant find it now. Any help ppl ?

Leonion
05-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Wow.
I really liked the list of changes.
...except for difficulty.:(
I'm not a big fan of plying on my nerves. I have enough stress in life so the only thing I seek in games is rest.
Is there any way someone can make a version of this mod for "normal" or at least "hard" difficulties?:rolleyes:

anti0302
10-31-2012, 12:09 PM
:confused:i 'd like red_sands mod but i can't find 1.6 setup file.Who can share me this mod ?:(

rundat
11-01-2012, 02:51 PM
:confused:i 'd like red_sands mod but i can't find 1.6 setup file.Who can share me this mod ?:(

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|959p7|4028990225|red_sands_setup_1.6_fu ll.rar|115081|0|0

anti0302
11-02-2012, 03:20 AM
thank you^^

hardy87
11-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Crash Bug : Quest Falling star Je-Lo-Pi
Mod : Red Sands Extreme

http://ns1.upanh.com/b3.s35.d2/3deec9ad2e61b0c150fba24a32f388ec_51046461.test01.j pg (http://www.upanh.com/test01_upanh/v/0vg49hcs5mp.htm)

The game's crash when I report to finish quest. Can anyone help me ?

And here is my save game :
http://www.mediafire.com/?645gc1rhoy5ajca

p/s: sorry for my bad English :)

Belcanzor
01-25-2013, 04:15 PM
You need edit file eng_chat_1564565750_0938105647.lng and remove the extra [ symbol in the line :
chat_system_938105647_snap_6_question=^?^
Thats all.

Magor1975
04-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone.
Is a any chance to made compatibility this great mod with patch 1.8 red sands?
I´am so stupid do anything like that,but i´am big fan this game.

TheGsProds
09-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Hi!! Could anyone give the links to download and instal Red Sands please? I have download any links but there are many pictures i cannot see (items and units)

I would really like to play red sands but i can´t. My KBCW version is 1.3.1.

Thank u

aristobal
09-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Hi!! Could anyone give the links to download and instal Red Sands please

try this:
red sands extreme mode
http://www.gamer.ru/kings-bounty-perekrestki-mirov/krasnye-peski-rs-1-6-1-rse-1-4-rseu-1-0

or this
red sands full patch 1.8
http://forum.1csc.ru/index.php?/topic/36221-%d0%bf%d0%b0%d1%82%d1%87-18/

all in russian

if the last link broken ask local moderator from the russian forum to renew it

TheGsProds
09-20-2013, 07:53 AM
try this:
red sands extreme mode
http://www.gamer.ru/kings-bounty-perekrestki-mirov/krasnye-peski-rs-1-6-1-rse-1-4-rseu-1-0

or this
red sands full patch 1.8
http://forum.1csc.ru/index.php?/topic/36221-%d0%bf%d0%b0%d1%82%d1%87-18/

all in russian

if the last link broken ask local moderator from the russian forum to renew it

Thank u bro! I´m going to download it. Can I use the translate at the begining of this post to translate red sands extreme mode?

cloudkat
01-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know if this is compatible with RS 1.8??

ShadowDust
01-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Hi!! Could anyone give the links to download and instal Red Sands please? I have download any links but there are many pictures i cannot see (items and units)

I would really like to play red sands but i can´t. My KBCW version is 1.3.1.

Thank u

hi i have similar problem got KB GOTY edition, red samdsn 1.6 , patch 1.6.1 and RSE 1.4 cant see units portraits and cant use special abilities of blood shamands ice ogres etc ( it shows me error with special attacks.lua) can anyone help with this issue?

robizeratul
12-15-2014, 12:46 PM
can this only be played on impossible? I am playing the game on hard and I like the challenge, but anything more would truly be "impossible" for me... Also, Is it possible to install only legendary warriors? I can't find that link anywhere...