PDA

View Full Version : Enemy reaction at your converg

Iamsnip
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Enemy planes seem to react at or about convergence (yours) when you're coming from dead six - I've set different distances - but 8 out of ten times the enemy (fighter) seem to evade just as conv is met - anyone else seen this?

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 10:09 PM
Yes, the almighty all seeing eye they have. I was hoping that CoD was improved in this aspect with respect to old IL2. Helas ...

trumps
08-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Does the distance they react at change if you change your convergence? Say for example I set my convergence to 10m will they not react until then? Sorry I can't test my self, and apart from Ai bombers have not had much experience dealing with the Ai in combat.

Craig

drewpee
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
AI have been blessed with "Spidey sense".:)

FFCW_Urizen
08-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Does the distance they react at change if you change your convergence? Say for example I set my convergence to 10m will they not react until then? Sorry I can't test my self, and apart from Ai bombers have not had much experience dealing with the Ai in combat.

Craig

from my experience, convergence doesn´t matter (much), at around 300m they start maneuvering (and i never set conv. to 300m ;) ) or when you hit your trigger, no matter the distance. sneaking up on your bogeys low six doesn´t help either, even if there is no one else who could see it.

tintifaxl
08-22-2011, 01:35 PM
from my experience, convergence doesn´t matter (much), at around 300m they start maneuvering (and i never set conv. to 300m ;) ) or when you hit your trigger, no matter the distance. sneaking up on your bogeys low six doesn´t help either, even if there is no one else who could see it.

Good old IL2 behaviour. :rolleyes:

Blackdog_kt
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
According to a previous development update they recently hired a dedicated AI programmer to improve things, he's redoing the friendly AI radio commands first though before moving on to combat AI.

Iamsnip
08-22-2011, 07:54 PM
According to a previous development update they recently hired a dedicated AI programmer to improve things, he's redoing the friendly AI radio commands first though before moving on to combat AI.

Good to know - it's not a breaker for me in any way - more of any observation than anything else :)

Bearcat
08-31-2011, 01:04 AM
Enemy planes seem to react at or about convergence (yours) when you're coming from dead six - I've set different distances - but 8 out of ten times the enemy (fighter) seem to evade just as conv is met - anyone else seen this?

That has been an issue since IL2...