PDA

View Full Version : Placement of Aircraft before Takeoff

bw_wolverine
08-18-2011, 12:33 PM
I can't seem to figure out how to place an aircraft on an airfield where I want it to start.

Everytime I place an aircraft on an airfield and set it's takeoff waypoint, the plane either starts on the runway or (depending on some of the object check boxes) at a random hangar or location on the airfield.

Is there a way to specifically place the planes on the ground where I want them to start? (They still need to be either AI or Player, not static)

Thanks

SNAFU
08-18-2011, 01:08 PM
You have to create an boject called "Runway" and add "Spawnpoints" to this runway.

Just look for the object in the FMB Browser, place it where you want, press Crtl+B to place the runway, edit the length and width and orientation. Than you choose the point "0", click on it - this is the point all spawing aircraft will roll to prior to take off, so you should move this point by dragging somewhere close to the runway end.

If you have still activated this point, press once more Ctrl+B and add a spawning point. An aircraft will spawn at this point, if the point lies at the end of a branch and roll to the point 0 via the next points connected.
You can choose any of the points and branch them the way you want them, by pressing Ctrl+B.

Finally put an object "Spawn Area" on your airfield you created and set it up (don´t forget to set the max. number of planes - it is default set to 0) if you want to use the airfield in DF mode or put your AI aircraft flight on the field and check "spawn parked" in the "Group setup" of the flight, if you want to use this as Coop mode airfield.

PS: If some object is too close to your spawnpoint, the game notices this and the plane will not spawn on the point but somewhere at the radius you have defined with the "runway setup", so don´t be surprised. The blocked point will be surpassed. This way you can also deactivate default spawnpoints in hangers, actually not suited for bigger planes than 109s f.e.

bw_wolverine
08-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks Snafu!

Ataros
08-18-2011, 03:09 PM
PS: If some object is too close to your spawnpoint, the game notices this and the plane will not spawn on the point but somewhere at the radius you have defined with the "runway setup", so don´t be surprised. The blocked point will be surpassed. This way you can also deactivate default spawnpoints in hangers, actually not suited for bigger planes than 109s f.e.

Do yo mean that spawn in hangars can be prevented by placing a static aircraft or a car inside a hangar? Would be a great solution.

SNAFU
08-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Do yo mean that spawn in hangars can be prevented by placing a static aircraft or a car inside a hangar? Would be a great solution.

Yes, just place a static plane in the Norwegian Hangars or the the British Hanger too small for Blenheims and the program will skip this spawnpoint. But it must be somewhat overlap with the minimum spawn area around the spawnpoint. You can sitll put a camo net over the spawnpoint, no problem, but a static plane will prevent spawning there.

Ataros
08-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Thank you very much for this tip!