skouras
08-16-2011, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDDfPxF3EFE&hd=1&t=24s

Ze-Jamz
08-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Certainly looks good

ruggbutt
08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Can't wait for hardcore mode. Playing BC2 and haven't played n00bcore since the second day I owned it.

skouras
08-16-2011, 08:18 PM
just preorder
also i.m waiting for red orchestra too
i,ve got high hopes

MadTommy
08-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Graphics looks very nice.. but i have serious concerns over the gameplay. Looks like the same spamtastic gameplay that seems the norm these days. I hope it is not BC3.

r0bc
08-18-2011, 01:19 AM
It looks great but really disappointed it won't be on Steam.
I want it but not sure if I'm buying it yet....I do have a will power problem though so who knows.

ElAurens
08-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Meh, I gave up on teenage twitch shooters full of haxoring griefers a long time ago.

This is just another funnel shooter on a tiny map with fake air support (look at those jets, I'll bet they are doing all of 100 knots).

I don't understand what you guys get out of this series. It's the same thing over and over again, but with a few new skins and weapons.

After the first week everyone knows where all the hiding spots are, knows which weapon is the only one to have, and it melts down into a repetitive spawn-kill-die fest. Yet you will complain to high heavens about "vulchers" in IL2.

WTF Over?

DayGlow
08-18-2011, 04:12 AM
I found the battlefield games to be less of the twitch style games and teamwork needed to succeed. Nit everything has to be a sim to the nth degree.

ruggbutt
08-18-2011, 06:39 AM
(look at those jets, I'll bet they are doing all of 100 knots).
Yeah, it's a game. Game.
It's the same thing over and over again, but with a few new skins and weapons.
Did you own IL-2? Aces? PF? I think you see where this is going.
knows which weapon is the only one to have, and it melts down into a repetitive spawn-kill-die fest.
Playing Bad Company 2 several nights a week (still). I use all different kinds of weapons and get plenty of kills, usually in the top 5 on the server. Clearly you haven't played any of the BF series much or you'd not generalize with incorrect examples.
I found the battlefield games to be less of the twitch style games and teamwork needed to succeed. Nit everything has to be a sim to the nth degree.
Exactly!

Rattlehead
08-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Looking good.

Games like this need to exist, simply because most people just don't have the patience or inclination to play hardcore sims like Arma 2.

El Auren's point isn't totally unjustified mind you, but I think a good deal of suspension of belief is required for most FPS games simply because that's exactly what they are...games.
I do think they have kind of reached a point of saturation though, in that I don't know how much is pure repetition and how much is new content these days.

That said, I really enjoyed BC2 and have very fond memories of that game. It felt authentic enough for a layman like me.

Ze-Jamz
08-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Meh, I gave up on teenage twitch shooters full of haxoring griefers a long time ago.

This is just another funnel shooter on a tiny map with fake air support (look at those jets, I'll bet they are doing all of 100 knots).

I don't understand what you guys get out of this series. It's the same thing over and over again, but with a few new skins and weapons.

After the first week everyone knows where all the hiding spots are, knows which weapon is the only one to have, and it melts down into a repetitive spawn-kill-die fest. Yet you will complain to high heavens about "vulchers" in IL2.

WTF Over?

Oh dear..

Bewolf
08-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Looking good.

Games like this need to exist, simply because most people just don't have the patience or inclination to play hardcore sims like Arma 2.

El Auren's point isn't totally unjustified mind you, but I think a good deal of suspension of belief is required for most FPS games simply because that's exactly what they are...games.
I do think they have kind of reached a point of saturation though, in that I don't know how much is pure repetition and how much is new content these days.

That said, I really enjoyed BC2 and have very fond memories of that game. It felt authentic enough for a layman like me.

I suppose there is only so much innovation you can put into a first person shooter.
I am more of an ARMA type of player, but for some quick action in between with lots of immersion and constant engangement it is fun. The old Battlefiled 2 rocked because it had, for a shooter, quite large maps. And the combination between aircraft, choppers, vehicles and gruntwork in a rather tight space always is a winner when it comes to sometimes epic scenes. Not realistic, but fun, and that is what a game is all about.

Vengeanze
08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm too old for these types of games. Guess Eve online type of games are more my cup of tea.

But what is this ArmA you guys talk about? Slow enough for me?

Ali Fish
08-18-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm too old for these types of games. Guess Eve online type of games are more my cup of tea.

But what is this ArmA you guys talk about? Slow enough for me?

slow & tactical with weapon and environemnt realism implied at all levels.

Vengeanze
08-18-2011, 12:25 PM
slow & tactical with weapon and environemnt realism implied at all levels.

Thanks. Gonna check it out.

ElAurens
08-18-2011, 12:29 PM
ArmA II is the only infantry title I will play at this point.

Anvilfolk
08-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Might want to look at Red Orchestra :)

Reinstalled a couple of days ago, then got the Darkest Hour mod for the western front. It's not perfect and looks quite aged by now, but it's quite realistic. And boy, playing on a 70 person server is something! 35 to a side, feels like a whole other scale than most shooter. Everywhere you go, there are people crouched and prone behind nooks and crannies, tanks moving up with people behind them, people getting suppressed for real - heck, I find myself ducking in front of the computer when an MG42 opens up! Suppression if very well done :)

After playing other modern shooters though, the game feels extremely slow. Even when sprinting, it takes ages to get anywhere :) Kind of like ArmA, I guess, but perhaps even worse.

Vengeanze
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
ArmA 2 seems like something for me but I'm a ww2 buff.
Too bad there's no mod or expansion for ArmA.

skouras
08-18-2011, 02:25 PM
wait for red orchestra 2 ;-)
WWII stuff

Ali Fish
08-18-2011, 02:29 PM
yeah to clarify, red orch is arma 2 effectivly, but ww2

Vengeanze
08-18-2011, 02:40 PM

Ok, thanks. Might try it out or wait for Rising Storm expansion.

Ze-Jamz
08-18-2011, 03:35 PM

Going to be a good game

skouras
08-18-2011, 04:15 PM
agree

Ze-Jamz
08-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Got to love a ww2 shooter :)

ruggbutt
08-18-2011, 05:59 PM
ArmA II is the only infantry title I will play at this point.
I play ArmA II as well. I use a CH MFP instead of a keyboard as a controller and the only thing I don't like about ArmA series is the unreasonably large amount of keyboard commands the game uses. It's ridiculous.

Doc_uk
08-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Can't wait for hardcore mode. Playing BC2 and haven't played n00bcore since the second day I owned it.+1

Doc_uk
08-18-2011, 06:48 PM

WTF Over?\\\\\This isnt call of duty m8, By no means small maps, or funnel shooter

skouras
08-18-2011, 06:54 PM
correct
and imagine large maps and 64 players for each side
the first days of release the servers will caught fire :-P

Blackdog_kt
08-19-2011, 04:14 AM
ArmA 2 seems like something for me but I'm a ww2 buff.
Too bad there's no mod or expansion for ArmA.

A WWII mod was being made for ArmA 2, i think it ended up being so big a project that it will finally be released as a stand-alone title. It also boasts some modifications to the ArmA engine (more accurate method of determining damage to armored vehicles).

It has been posted on these forums some time ago as well and was looking quite good. It's also an eastern front scenario. Google it up if you want to know more, it's titled "Iron Front - Liberation 1944" and focuses on the Red Army's advance and the Whermacht's defensive efforts through western Ukraine and Eastern Poland.

Vengeanze
08-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Hmm, I'm tired of eastern front or being a US ranger on the western front or in the pacific.
How about the Italian campaign? Or North Africa?

Rattlehead
08-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Hmm, I'm tired of eastern front or being a US ranger on the western front or in the pacific.
How about the Italian campaign? Or North Africa?

I'd love to see those as well. Heck, I'd like to play as the Axis, just for a change, although that would never happen.

Flanker
08-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Anyone remembers white puffs(BF2) when you shot an enemy in the head?:-D

Hatch
08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FktL2pu2wE&feature=related

graphics are nice.

And they're all games, of course.
The degree of difference between them and real life is still well..........:rolleyes: