PDA

View Full Version : Help Accessing Files

Graf
08-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Need help fellas. I cannot for the love of me access the weathering and panel lines files for the skins. I've followed the guidelines given by Shado by using the "_dump" file command but I get nothing.

I use several mods but I cannot get to these files! :confused:

Shado
08-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Hi Graf, sorry didnt know you were still after them seing as you are doing a fantasic job already, I sent you a pm to the files you want.
Cheers bud.

FS~Lewis
05-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Does this mean I can change the weathering and more importantly the panel and rivets on aircraft.....If so can you please let me know where to find the files for this so as I can change them....Its good idea I think that the panel/rivets are added afterwards by the game engine but it takes away a fair bit of freedom when we are skinning.....

Thanks in advance fellas...~S~

checkmysix
05-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Need help fellas. I cannot for the love of me access the weathering and panel lines files for the skins. I've followed the guidelines given by Shado by using the "_dump" file command but I get nothing.

I use several mods but I cannot get to these files! :confused:

Hi Graf
The way I get the Panel lines and Rivets is to go to www.cliffsofdover.fr
and select the Aircraft you want i.e Me 109-E4 then select the ALL Grey Skin.
Download go to viewer and Copy/Paste into Gimp [should alredy be 2048 x 2048] then you use what used to be "Remove White" Method in il2-1946 BUT you are going to remove Grey instead.
In the link below is an excellent guide on how to do this by Robbie von Trapp.
http://robbievontrappsflyingcircus.com/?q=node/3

NOTE:
Ignore Section 1 Mode>RGB [Applies to IL2 1946 ]
Go straight to Section2 "Remove the White".
And in Section 3 use Colour Picker to get the Grey then copy the HTML notation Value and paste it into the Colour to Alpha White rectangle box,this tells the Colour to Alpha what colour you want to remove from the Layer.
Now just follow the rest of the steps as shown But instead of using White as background Layer use the Grey that you Removed.
Hope this makes sense:rolleyes:
Best Regards
Keith:grin: