PDA

View Full Version : FMB Human Spawn Point

Troll2k
08-12-2011, 06:30 PM
I created a small test map(Isle of Doom).I started a private server(under server tab) and joined.I have always spawned in the appropriate aircraft on the runway without a problem.

However last night for the first time I had a friend join(direct connect as my game did not show in the server list.Maybe I should have tried lobby instead).

I spawned on the runway as usual and waited for him to join.He picked his plane and pressed create.He spawned right on top of me and I exploded.I let him take off and I escaped and got another plane and all was well.

How do you set the human spawn points so humans do not spawn on top of each other?

I did not create an airfield or runway.I am using the existing concrete runway that is already there.

Ataros
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
Check spawn parked checkbox iirc.

Troll2k
08-12-2011, 09:20 PM
I check the box spawn parked.Now no mater where I place the birthplace my plane spawns in the grass,facing the water downhill.I end up busting the prop before I can even get turn around and get to the runway.

I will have to wait until later to see if my buddy spawns in a different spot than I occupy.

Ataros
08-12-2011, 11:33 PM
When spawn parked checked you spawn either on airfield spawn points that you place (set a key for Branch command) or on airfield circle if there is not enough points. Reduce airfield radius to fit the circle into available space. Alternatively you can cover the part of the circle you have trouble with a really huge runway. You will spawn in other part of the circle then. Or place airfield spawn places.

See the 1st MP campaign by stillborn to learn how to creatively place airfield spawn points.