PDA

View Full Version : Very stupid questions for those in the know

ATAG_Bliss
08-11-2011, 05:59 PM
For MP, is there a script I can use that deletes damaged static objects over a certain amount of time? (say a AAA that was destroyed, static plane, truck etc.)

In the FMB, what does the NPC checkbox mean and the number you can assign to it?

What does the in game scripts do under AI for emergency car, bus, anti air, (I understand what power on does, but don't fully understand all the rest)?

I've tested and tested and I've finally come to the conclusion that I just flat out need to ask questions lol

Thanks in advance!

Ataros
08-11-2011, 07:28 PM
If you create NPC units with car script you can assign a spline road to them as a target. The script will make them travel along this road back and forth.

Other scripts may be similar but some are rudimentary.

There is a thread in this section regarding units removal with script examples. (search for destroy actor or actor destroy).

Repka1 mission with one example can be found in Multiplayer section in the MP Missions thread.

ATAG_Bliss
08-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks Ataros!

I'll have a gander, but this is like trying to learn a new language ;)

Blackdog_kt
08-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Not entirely sure on this, but i think the anti-air script is used when you have directed flak guns. For example, you set an 88mm and an acoustic locator. You link the locator to the gun (i think it's the "set target" command) and then add the AA script and give it a sufficient radius so that it includes these objects.

I'm not exactly familiar with it, i simply tried it on a sample FMB mission a few weeks ago where i had a few blenheims attacking an airbase, so i can't be completely sure. In fact, i think i even forgot to link the locator to my guns, so maybe it works on non-directed guns too. For what it's worth, it seemed to me as if the flak was much closer to the Blenheims than what i've seen when flying online, in fact the smaller caliber guns were bracketing the bomber formation pretty well with fully automatic fire.

As for the emergency car, maybe it's an ambulance?

Set up a suitable ground unit on the airfield, place the emergency car script on the center of the airfield and give it a sufficient radius. Then try landing/crash-landing in a damaged aircraft and see if he comes towards you. This reminds me of the old red baron II, whenever i would land with a damaged aircraft a small ambulance came rushing to me. I haven't tried this, but it's worth a shot ;-)

snwkill
08-12-2011, 04:16 AM
That gives me visions of soldiers in jeeps rushing up to an enemy aircraft when they crash land behind enemy territory ;)

Ataros
08-12-2011, 07:28 AM
R1 mission with actor destroy script is here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=297605&postcount=44

The thread on actor destruction might be also located in the MP section. IIRC the author is TheEnlightenedFlorist or adonys or someone else fluent in C#.

ATAG_Bliss
08-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks fellas!

I'm going to do some testing and see what happens :)