PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Cannon Pack

Das Attorney
08-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Hi,

This mod adds the Spitfire Ib in two configurations and Spitfire IIb to Cliffs of Dover. Also included are some fixes. The pitch lever on the Ia is now fully variable instead of 2 position and also the boost cut-out switch can now be switched on and off for all models! I've added a pitot-heater for all of the Spit models too.

There is also 100 Octane versions of all Ia, Ib, IIa and IIb models! Try them out and try not to blow your engine up!

Both the DH bladed Hurricane and Rotol model are now available with 100 octane fuel for +12 ibs/sq in boost.

The Spitfires are armed as follows:

Spitfire Ib (early version)

2 x Hispano-Suiza Mk.I 20mm cannon - 60 rounds per gun

Spitfire Ib

4 x Browning .303 machine guns - 350 rounds per gun
2 x Hispano-Suiza Mk.II 20mm cannon - 60 rounds per gun

Spitfire IIb

4 x Browning .303 machine guns - 350 rounds per gun
2 x Hispano-Suiza Mk.II 20mm cannon - 60 rounds per gun

Default Belting and Convergence

Convergence set at 200 yards = 183 metres

Belting:

Machine Guns:

Outer: Tracer, AP x 9
Inner: Incendiary, AP, AP

Cannons:

Cannon 1: HET, AP, HET, HE
Cannon 2: HET, HE, HET, AP

Installation

Download Kegetys - check readme for installation!

http://junk.kegetys.net/il2cod_sfsmod11.zip

Make a MODS folder in your il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover game folder and put the unzipped Spitfire_Cannon_Pack folder in there.

Add this to the 'target' line of your shortcut:

-mod=MODS\Spitfire_Cannon_Pack

Make sure it is at the end of the line or it may not load!

Usage:

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/Das_Attorney/Launcher2011-08-0723-54-41-84.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6U_GfnJqpk

Bugs/Missing features

At the moment there is no visual model for the cannon barrels or blisters on the wings. This is my first mod for Il2COD and I haven't tried unpacking the mesh file for the Spit and editing it in Blender/3DS.

History

The cannon armed Spits were used in the Battle of Britain in very small numbers. The early Ib version I believe was only fitted to about 30 planes and given to 19 squadron to test in June. The planes were eventually withdrawn due to reliability issues and later the Ib was reissued in August with 4 .303's additionally in the wings.

The Spitfire IIb was operational in November I think, which puts it out of the scope of the Battle of Britain proper. Feel free to correct me on any of this. My recollection is hazy at this hour in the morning..

Credit

All credit should go to Dave74737 who made the hurriCannon mod. I basically just looked at what he did, and did something similar to the Spitfires. Thanks Dave!

Additionally, many thanks to 313_Paegas. He gave me me the information necessary to set up the Brownings and Hispano's on different triggers :)

Don't go online with this. It would be cheating and you could get banned.

Download

See attached file.

EDIT: DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY WITH NEW VERSION. NO PLANS TO UPDATE AT THIS TIME

Ze-Jamz
08-08-2011, 07:37 AM
well judging by the video they certainly seem effective..

Bit worrying again considering no mention of VAC update is the last patch info from Luthier

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-08-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow,that certainly 'chews' up the old Nazi bombers,nice mod sir.

I believe the great George Unwin of 19 Squadron had some success during BOB trying out the Mk1b with it's Hispano cannons.

Das Attorney
08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Update

Spitfire Ia now has variable pitch lever instead of 2 pos pitch control.

Spitfire Ia now has +9 ibs/sq in boost working correctly.

Pitot heater added to Ia, Ib, IIa and IIb.

Boost Cut-Out switch now switches OFF as well as ON for Ia, Ib, IIa and IIb!

100 Octane (+12 boost) variants for Ia, Ib, IIa and IIb models!

Link in first post.

Enjoy!

dave74737
08-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Nice job - I like how it all appears correctly in the loadout section as well.

I need to perform some tests to see if the changes we are making to the engine fm's are effective or just cosmetic in terms of boost showing on the dial etc. What do you think?

Cheers,

Dave.

Das Attorney
08-12-2011, 12:13 AM
I've tested the Ia and the boost seems to be working as expected. When triggered, there's a significant increase of rpm and speed picks up. The mixture needs to be leaned out or the engine starts to run rough.

The video is a short demo of boost being fired up on a Spitfire Ia at practically ground level. The radiator was fully open throughout, so you could probably squeeze a few more mph out of it if it was partially closed.

I could only get 250 mph max out of the Spit without boost (which seems pretty poor). +12 Boost adds another 20 - 25 mph or so.

Interestingly enough, I clocked the bf-109 at 273 mph in level flight without WEP at ground level - both planes seem too slow to me. The Spitfire Ia more so than the 109.

The Spitfire IIa is insane on +12 boost. I clocked it at over 330 mph at sea level before the Cylinder Head blew up and oil shot all over the cockpit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0veG5w33Bko

The boost is tripped at about 0.50.

Ploughman
08-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Thanks, works great. The extra boost for the MkIIb with 100 octane fuel turns the Spit into a complete animal. Got to be clinical with the limited ammo/gun, definately not a spray and pray weapon with only 60 rounds, but it's very satisfying seeing whole tail sections come rolling off those bombers.

Thank you sir.

dave74737
08-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Yup the extra horsepower really does make a difference - I like how adding the boost has consequences if one is not careful - good job Das!

Despite the unforgiving hardware requirements and bugs, the "guts" of this game are really well thought out and clean. The more I play with the sfs files and mods the more I like it. Make no mistake - this game has legs. Its destined to be a slow burner with a long lifespan due to its clean core and flexibility.

ATAG_Snapper
08-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Works a treat -- thank you!!! Coupled with Jafa's sound mod this new mod adds legs to this wonderful sim.

esmiol
08-16-2011, 06:36 PM
i'm not sure that kind of mod is really add legs to the sims...

it is just some cheating mod for me.

and a spitfire with MGFF it is not realistic for me neither....

hopefully this kind of mod is not allow online!

Das Attorney
08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
I think I'd remember if I put an MG_FF into a Spit....

The Spit's use the 20mm Hispano-Suiza, which is included in the game by default and used by the Beaufighter.

I don't encourage use of it online - It certainly would be blatant cheating, although nothing you couldn't do yourself with a text editor and a copy of the kegetys.dll. Maybe take your criticism to him as well?

However, I do respect the fact that you don't want to use the mod. Although you should have maybe done your homework before posting ;)

Regardless, I've fixed a few problems and added a couple of things. Big thanks to 313_Paegas for his help!! :) I can't release today because Steam decided to reset all my keybindings so I can't use my joystick etc and test it until they're remapped, and between work and doing stuff at home, I haven't had the time to sort it out.

That said, I've booked the day off work tomorrow so there should (gods willing) be a meaningful update :)

Dave - I agree about the layout in the data files. It's a godsend! With other games, it's all about changing abstract parameters. In Cliffs, there's real physical properties to play with. This game is really well constructed under the hood - there's a lot of thought gone into the structrure which should hopefully become apparent as the teething problems get ironed out.

ATAG_Snapper
08-17-2011, 02:27 PM

When used offline how do you call this a "cheating mod"???? The current performance specs of the Spitfires are woefully inadequate, this "cheating mod" --as you put it-- brings the various Marks up much closer to specification for offline play. How do you "cheat" against yourself? The creator of this mod worked hard to provide this to us and you disrespect his effort by calling it a "cheating mod"? Did he not warn that this modification NOT be used online?

And if you prefer not to use MGFF, then don't select it when flying this sim offline. Why would that be a problem? At least you have the CHOICE to simulate a late-BoB 19 Squadron pilot if you CHOOSE.

By "legs" I meant that this mods' creator gave freely of his time, effort, and knowledge to make this sim a little more authentic for -- as he specified -- OFFLINE PLAY, as has Jafa with his fantastic sound mod. Unlike you, I am grateful for this generosity, not derisive.

Das Attorney
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Update

Cannons and machine guns can now be fired independently (as they should be). Thanks to 313_Paegas for the fix :)

100 octane fuel (+12 boost) now available for Hawker Hurricanes.

+9 Boost changed back to +6.252 Boost for standard (87 octane) Spit Ia & Ib. Decision was made for historical accuracy. My research was wrong in the beginning :( - 100 octane fuelled models (+12 Boost) still available though :)

Changed default loadout for all Browning equipped Spitfires. I see a lot of posts on the forums that the default loadout is useless and cannot currently be changed (unless online or in FMB).

Loadout is now as follows:

Port Gun 1 Browning303MkII MainBelt Tracer AP AP AP AP AP AP AP AP AP Residual 0
Port Gun 2 Browning303MkII MainBelt Incendiary AP AP AP AP Residual 0
Port Gun 3 Browning303MkII MainBelt AP Incendiary AP Residual 0
Port Gun 4 Browning303MkII MainBelt Incendiary Incendiary AP Residual 25
Star Gun 5 Browning303MkII MainBelt Incendiary Incendiary AP Residual 25
Star Gun 6 Browning303MkII MainBelt AP Incendiary AP Residual 0
Star Gun 7 Browning303MkII MainBelt Incendiary AP AP AP AP Residual 0
Star Gun 8 Browning303MkII MainBelt Tracer AP AP AP AP AP AP AP AP AP Residual 0

Changed classnames in plane selector GUI for easier use. Everything should be listed sequentially now.

Let me know how you get on, and of any bugs/inaccuracies etc.

Updated link on first post

Thanks.

ATAG_Snapper
08-17-2011, 09:01 PM
All working very well, including the 100 octane Hurricane. Nicely laid out in the selection GUI now. Much more satfisfying flying these aircraft now. BTW - good tip on leaning fuel mixture when going BUSTER.....thanks!! :)

machoo
08-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Hey is it possible to swap around the cannons so that they are like this?
Just for fun and to tear it up:)

4 x Hispano-Suiza Mk.II 20mm cannon - 60 rounds per gun
2 x Browning .303 machine guns - 350 rounds per gun

louisv
08-20-2011, 03:57 PM
It crashes launcher as soon as I choose Quick Mission:(

Maybe because of another mod...I placed the Spitfire Cannon Pack at the end...maybe tracertweak?...I'll experiment later today

Das Attorney
08-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Try it on it's own mate - I had a few crashes when I used some other mods. I think it was a mod that changed the backgrounds, but I can't be sure.

Let me know how you get on :)

drcarnage52
08-30-2011, 06:21 PM
what is the "target" line and of what shortcut?

TomcatViP
09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't encourage use of it online - It certainly would be blatant cheating, although nothing you couldn't do yourself with a text editor and a copy of the kegetys.dll. Maybe take your criticism to him as well?

Plain Hypocrisies and un-modded !

Das Attorney
09-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Plain Hypocrisies and un-modded !

I don't understand you. What are you trying to say?

TomcatViP
09-07-2011, 12:26 PM
I don't understand you. What are you trying to say?

Responsible people act in accordance of their thinking

Just have a look at your ammo belt full of incendiary : fiction !

What come next Mk108 on 109 ? yeah and Yipee yipee Hourrah

Ze-Jamz
09-07-2011, 01:23 PM
TC this is for people to use offline...some people don't fly online mate and things like this help their enjoyment of the game..

We know your anti Mod m8 but some people like them eh?

IF those some people want to use the mods online then that's their lookout and the MoD creator shouldn't take flak for it imo

TomcatViP
09-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Of course you are right ZJ

Will stay out of the thread :|;)

Ze-Jamz
09-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Of course you are right ZJ

Will stay out of the thread :|;)

~S~

Das Attorney
09-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Responsible people act in accordance of their thinking

Just have a look at your ammo belt full of incendiary : fiction !

What come next Mk108 on 109 ? yeah and Yipee yipee Hourrah

Oh right. I get you. Obviously Mk108's on 109 is the next logical step...

I'm not doing this so people can cheat online. If they want to do that, there's myriad options already. I'm getting a bit sick of pointing that out to be honest.

Anyway, the SDK is out soon, so we''l have to see what we can do with it. I imagine the next patch will break a lot of mods, so let's wait and see.

drcarnage52
11-04-2011, 09:09 AM
what is a 'target' line of what shortcut?

322Sqn_Dusty
11-04-2011, 09:44 AM
So how moddable is CloD till now? Can it come close to the mod community of 1946? I agree it's now to use offline, when these crates are added in CloD for real it's up to the server what can be flown. Scripting supplies of 100 Octane fuel and ammo also can be applied as far as realism gets.

Keep up the work..just love the 20mils.

MOH_Hirth
11-05-2011, 04:11 AM

MODs was a better thing happen to IL-2, 15000 brains working with passion showed incredible MODs like guns and fire efects, 3DOF and are working in 3D! There is so big list, so big work impossible to a single team do so much, mods isnt cheat, MODs is LIFE!

ivo
12-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi for me this mod doesn't work.

1- I have make a new folder named (I haven't other mod in my game)MODS in:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\MODS.
into I have paste the mod.

2- I have modifeid my launcher.exe.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
<section name="maddox.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>
<applicationSettings>
<maddox.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="nativeDLL" serializeAs="String">
<value>parts\core\steam_api.dll;parts\core\fmodex.dll;par ts\core\fmod_event.dll</value>
</setting>
</maddox.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="nativeDLL" serializeAs="String">
<value>kegetys.dll</value>
</setting>
</applicationSettings>
<runtime>
<gcConcurrent enabled="true" />
<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
<publisherPolicy apply="yes" />
<probing privatePath="parts/core;parts/bob" />
</assemblyBinding>
</runtime>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0,Profile=Client"/>
</startup>
</configuration>

3- I have copy in:C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover
the file KEGETYS.DLL

4- I have created a short-cut of the launcher and I have in properties add
this lane:"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\Spitfire_Cannon_Pack

then I run the game but in the menu' single player quik mission I haven't
any Spitfire or Hurricane I can't see nothing.

Why it doesn't work?

bye Ivo.

deathmonkey
12-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Hi there. I haven't played IL-2 in a long time but I picked up cliffs of dover via steam the other day. It runs fine on my hardware with the second to last beta forceware. The slowness of the spitfire and no way to stick anything better than .303 Enfield-shooting LMGs in the wings is irritating.

I read for about 90 minutes and signed up to download the mod. When I realized I had no idea what to do with it I found an instructions thread. It was written way before October 17 so will that method still work? I'd like to have simple means of playing online without getting my VAC messed with.

5./JG27.Farber
12-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi there. I haven't played IL-2 in a long time but I picked up cliffs of dover via steam the other day. It runs fine on my hardware with the second to last beta forceware. The slowness of the spitfire and no way to stick anything better than .303 Enfield-shooting LMGs in the wings is irritating.

I read for about 90 minutes and signed up to download the mod. When I realized I had no idea what to do with it I found an instructions thread. It was written way before October 17 so will that method still work? I'd like to have simple means of playing online without getting my VAC messed with.

You mean you want to play online, in an online server with an aircraft you modded? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

nearmiss
12-27-2011, 12:15 AM
He'll just get kicked off the server with any mods using COD.

KG26_Alpha
12-27-2011, 10:43 AM
The Mods discussion sub forum is a bit confusing .................

Since the last few updates to Cliffs of Dover its been reported some of the user made mods no longer work.

Perhaps the thread needs an overhaul from the members that use any mods to clarify what's working and what isn't.

The Steam anti-cheat system was off in the very early days of testing (iirc) I have no idea of this situation now though.

Das Attorney
01-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Just to clarify the situation.

The mod doesn't work properly in the current iteration of IL-2 COD. I have no plans to update the mod at this time because I've uninstalled COD from my computer.

Maybe if the next patch makes the game worth persevering with, I'll update this.

Re: People trying to use this online. I deliberately changed the classnames for the planes, so unless the mod is loaded onto the server and the mission has the planes in it, you won't be able to use them online. Not that you can anyway as it doesn't work any more!

ATAG_Snapper
01-13-2012, 01:47 AM

Just a heads up, deathmonkey: Mods for offline play or private servers can be great and fantastic. I have tried a few mods for OFFLINE play that were generously shared by several fellow 1C Forum members here and they were brilliant. However, Mods as you describe for online play that give you an unfair advantage over fellow players on PUBLIC SERVERS are bad, really bad. This is regarded as cheating in the online public server community. As made clear by the mod creators themselves, this is not the intention of these modifications and would constitute an abuse of their being made available.

As this is your first post in this forum, I would tend to think you aren't aware of this.......yet you also express knowledge of Steam's VAC function and policy, which implies you ARE aware of the cheating aspect to some degree.

I can only speak for the ATAG public servers, but we have a zero tolerance for any form of hack or cheating on our servers. I would think most public server admins feel the same.

Good flying,

ATAG_Snapper

KG26_Alpha
01-16-2012, 08:10 PM
The Mods discussion sub forum is a bit confusing .................

Since the last few updates to Cliffs of Dover its been reported some of the user made mods no longer work.

Perhaps the thread needs an overhaul from the members that use any mods to clarify what's working and what isn't.

The Steam anti-cheat system was off in the very early days of testing (iirc) I have no idea of this situation now though.

Just to clarify the situation.

The mod doesn't work properly in the current iteration of IL-2 COD. I have no plans to update the mod at this time because I've uninstalled COD from my computer.

Maybe if the next patch makes the game worth persevering with, I'll update this.

Re: People trying to use this online. I deliberately changed the classnames for the planes, so unless the mod is loaded onto the server and the mission has the planes in it, you won't be able to use them online. Not that you can anyway as it doesn't work any more!

Ok I'll close the thread as it serves no purpose.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=321076&postcount=1