PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

junneh
08-07-2011, 11:37 AM
Hey guys,

after playing alot of CFS about 5-10 years back, I booted an old copy of the first il-2 Sturmovik and Im really enjoying it.

After having done the singleplayer etc. I'm looking to play Il2 online, alone, or in a squad.

Now, im totally not familiar with the IL2 Community, and would like to ask, which version is played most online? Cliffs of dover?

what would be the best il2 sturmovik to get, for online dogfighting and /or co-op campaings ( with or withoud a regular squad...)??

regards, junneh.

BlitzPig_Voidcracker
08-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Currently the best would be IL-2 1946. It contains all previous content.
You'd need to patch it with the latest patch and you 're good to go.
Get to Hyperlobby, install it and there is still lots of active flyers there doing online dogfights, co-ops etc. that you can join.

Have fun.

raaaid
08-07-2011, 05:08 PM
actually there are much more online players in il246 than in clod

ChiefRedCloud
08-07-2011, 06:08 PM
actually there are much more online players in il246 than in clod

At the moment ..... But yes junneh, get hyperlobby installed and go there. I'm fairly sure that any group would welcome you to fly with them. Check out CPS if nothing else, we'd be glad to have you fly with us.

Many have voice via Vent or TS3 so you might want to have those handy also.

smoki
08-17-2011, 03:04 PM
So... I get Hyperlobby, update 1946 to the newest patch, and that's it?

How do addons affect multiplayer?
If I don't get the most popular and biggest addons I assume I won't be able to play the matches that utilize maps, lets say, or aircraft, from those addons?

Or will I be able to join any match but those elements I don't have will be switched to something i do have? Sorry, I'm new to this whole multiplayer business.

The point being, I just need to know: I just need to patch up, and not "addon", and I'm good to go? :grin:

Doc_uk
08-17-2011, 03:37 PM
if your going for 1946, i would highly recomend UltraPack 3, I think thats what it is now
http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/index.php
And then
Complete Sound Replacement Pack for IL-2 1946 v4.09, 4.10, and 4.101
Featuring Jafa's Engine Sounds:)
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,16999.0.html

Anvilfolk
08-18-2011, 03:50 AM
I would also go ahead and recommend Ultrapack. Since there are a couple other interesting modpacks (namely HSFX), you might want to keep a 4.10.1 vanilla install, copy the folder, and install modpacks on those copied folders.

Ultrapack 3.0 is currently under development - should be almost done as far as I understand. A bunch of servers run this modpack. I personally fly full-real, and most servers I know use UP3.0.

If you enjoy IL-2 '46 and have a good rig, I'd suggest taking the jump into Cliffs of Dover. The more the merrier :)

Also, I strongly suggest you join voice comms when you fly. It's a completely different experience :)

P.S: Doc, I'm missing some eyecandy and sounds in Ultrapack 3.0... would those mods that allow you to join CRT=2 servers?

Doc_uk
08-18-2011, 07:27 AM
I would also go ahead and recommend Ultrapack. Since there are a couple other interesting modpacks (namely HSFX), you might want to keep a 4.10.1 vanilla install, copy the folder, and install modpacks on those copied folders.

Ultrapack 3.0 is currently under development - should be almost done as far as I understand. A bunch of servers run this modpack. I personally fly full-real, and most servers I know use UP3.0.

If you enjoy IL-2 '46 and have a good rig, I'd suggest taking the jump into Cliffs of Dover. The more the merrier :)

Also, I strongly suggest you join voice comms when you fly. It's a completely different experience :)

P.S: Doc, I'm missing some eyecandy and sounds in Ultrapack 3.0... would those mods that allow you to join CRT=2 servers?I think they do