PDA

View Full Version : Possible cloaked aircraft?

Skoshi Tiger
08-07-2011, 06:06 AM
Hi, I wonder if anyones come accross this one before

I was flying on the Syndicate server today and noticed what looked to be sunlight glinting off and aircraft. I hadn't seen that before so I vectored over.

As I got closer the aircraft apeared to be a puff of smoke that had a roughly aircraft shape as it passed over me. At about that time I started recording a track and did another flypast roughly level with the aircraft and this is what was shown

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/Skoshi_Tiger/ufo.jpg

My game is the standard upto date steam install that has recently passed an cache integrity check. Could it be that someone has modded some sort of cloaking device?

Bit fishy if you ask me.

albx
08-07-2011, 06:26 AM
Hi, I wonder if anyones come accross this one before

I was flying on the Syndicate server today and noticed what looked to be sunlight glinting off and aircraft. I hadn't seen that before so I vectored over.

As I got closer the aircraft apeared to be a puff of smoke that had a roughly aircraft shape as it passed over me. At about that time I started recording a track and did another flypast roughly level with the aircraft and this is what was shown

http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b423/Skoshi_Tiger/ufo.jpg

My game is the standard upto date steam install that has recently passed an cache integrity check. Could it be that someone has modded some sort of cloaking device?

Bit fishy if you ask me.

a klingon cloaked ship that jumped in the past :grin:

Danelov
08-07-2011, 02:08 PM
MiGs returning to Antung...:cool:. no serious, any idea.

Thee_oddball
08-07-2011, 04:36 PM
My first guess would be corruption in your specific setup, maybe not in the program, but in your video card/drivers. I see in your sig that your GPU is OC'd, do you get other graphic anomolies, and are your temps high on the card? Might not be the case, but might be a place to start looking if you get strange stuff on screen alot.

Could also be something mission related server side, if you never see it anywhere but Syndicate server, then that would most likely be the case. I do not believe it would be possible to mod your visual range, as that is a server side setting, and not controlled by anything on your own computer.

most likely it is server side lag and warping AI

S!

Skoshi Tiger
08-08-2011, 01:42 AM
My first guess would be corruption in your specific setup, maybe not in the program, but in your video card/drivers. I see in your sig that your GPU is OC'd, do you get other graphic anomolies, and are your temps high on the card? Might not be the case, but might be a place to start looking if you get strange stuff on screen alot.

Could also be something mission related server side, if you never see it anywhere but Syndicate server, then that would most likely be the case. I do not believe it would be possible to mod your visual range, as that is a server side setting, and not controlled by anything on your own computer.

The graphics card is factory overclocked and I haven't experienced anything similar or had any other graphics issues (except the flashing shadows and phantom squadrons ). Also I haven't seen anything like it since.

I'll keep an eye one the temps, though they haven't been an issue in the past with this card.

Could it be something related to a custom skin? I'll delete my cache just to be sure, but I've validated it since and steam says my files are ok!

Cheers!