PDA

View Full Version : If you're going to read one 'Dear Luthier' thread, make it this one.

Flying Officer Barry
08-06-2011, 05:48 PM
An open letter to the devs follows. Please take the time to read it, and if you agree please state so below.

Long time lurker, first time I've been compelled to post here.

This is from the heart. I am not a troll, I am a genuine paying customer who loves Cliffs and wants to see it succeed, as I am sure everyone else is deep-down on these boards.

As you may be able to tell, the forum generally agrees on one thing; the lack of communication is damaging the community. This is no longer a forum, but an unregulated slagging-match arena. I can completely understand your reasons for not wanting to post on the forums, but we need to see that you guys are still working on this.

Luthier: You have not logged in to your forum account since the end of June. This is understandable, but I do believe you are reading these boards. In previous posts you have said that you have various usernames; this is fine, but it makes it look - without exageration - that you have jumped ship and left us in the cold. This is a widespread community interperetation. What else are we meant to think?

The general mood on this forum is terrible, why is it that you cannot at least let us know that the game is still being worked on?

Looking back through your posts, your no-bullcrap, honest-to-gods-truth updates are met with acceptance and gratitude. Just look at your post during the epilepsy 'crisis' where you explained what was going on? People were thankful that you took the time to touch-base with us.

Right now we are sealed in a dark room and the air supply is running out. Please just let us know you're still alive. Please even log into your forum account.

This community needs some hope.

Thank you for reading.

Flying Officer Barry
08-06-2011, 05:48 PM
Perfect timing! :)

connie
08-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Great post! If that doesn't bring any response at all, kiss this sim goodbye.

connie
08-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Great post! If that doesn't bring any response at all, kiss this sim goodbye.

It worked. A ray of hope. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=25222

Flying Officer Barry
08-06-2011, 07:52 PM
I of course take full responsibility for the update we just had :P

Hooray for update :)

adonys
08-06-2011, 10:35 PM
:P

SG1_Lud
08-06-2011, 10:46 PM
FLYING OFFICER BARRY:

Can you do that with my wife too?
:-D

PS: Is urgent, for this saturday night.

Bryan21cag
08-07-2011, 05:03 AM
wow.... FO Barry you either have super powers or that was one hello-va coincidence lol thanks for that :)

Sternjaeger II
08-07-2011, 09:32 AM
FLYING OFFICER BARRY:

Can you do that with my wife too?
:-D

PS: Is urgent, for this saturday night.

you want development updates from your wife? ;)

unreasonable
08-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Maybe he wants a new skin and new sounds!

bongodriver
08-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Maybe he wants a new skin and new sounds!

I do.....Oh god I do.....and a new 3d model with a much lower poly count :grin:

nearmiss
08-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Just another "Venting" thread.

SG1_Lud
08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
LMAO..the poly count LOL

Bryan21cag
08-07-2011, 10:53 PM
interesting I didn't Think this one would get moved. I do not think the OP could have been more concise about his point and respectful in the manner that he delivered and yet it still gets shuffled off to the off topic folder?........ Nearmiss i think you were incorrect on this one. Venting is what people are always yelling about when someone just gets on and says things suck. This post was far from that and it still got moved.

I also think that the general forum was a good place for an updates post as the pilots lounge seems to be about random topics having nothing to do with the game and its development so moving it for being off topic doesn't even make sense.

Just my opinion but don't really see the justification behind this move aside from maybe a personal dislike for the topic posted about. Especially when there are threads in the general area titled "Awesome Game" and "Incredible Detail" still :) I kind of want to get just the facts and not what I feel is someone's version of the facts and judge for my self :) just my lousy 2 cents :)

Cheers :)

Bryan21cag
08-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I do.....Oh god I do.....and a new 3d model with a much lower poly count :grin:

lol and this made me laugh and laugh :) thanks for the chuckle

furbs
08-08-2011, 06:15 AM
some new roundles would be nice, these ones are too weathered. :)