PDA

View Full Version : So Luthier

CharveL
08-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Do you build guitars as a hobby, or violins?

BlitzPig_Voidcracker
08-06-2011, 01:34 PM
None of the above.
He builds Tubas.

HeavyDelta
08-10-2011, 01:17 PM
Howdy fellas :)

ruggbutt
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Anyone smell that?

albx
08-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I smell HeavyDelta is a spammer

ruggbutt
08-10-2011, 02:11 PM
I smell HeavyDelta is a spammer
He's much more than that. The thing you'll find is that the two posts he's made will by far be the most intelligent posts he'll make here.

ruggbutt
08-10-2011, 05:57 PM
I see the wannabe rockstar has chimed in. Come back and talk to me when you make a living with that instrument like daddy did...........Speaking of hanging off of someone's gooch, even if that was true HD there ain't no room. Charvel has that staked out and he's moved in. Frankly, I don't like what he did with the place.

HeavyDelta
08-10-2011, 07:57 PM
It's good to know while I was away in Afghanistan, there were still internet tough-guys patrolling the web. S!

Pudfark
08-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Anybody with the stones to call his self "ruggbutt" don't take nothin off'n nobody....:cool:

HeavyDelta
08-10-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the kind words. It isn't much fun over there.

pupo162
08-10-2011, 11:05 PM
All my love to ya, pumpkin.

i find it amazing how cna you call someone a &*&& 2 posts who barely reach 5 words each.

Not that you have that mutch posts around and all ive seen soo far wasnt nice.

keept it civil to new guys

Welcome HeavyDelta. Have a good time around :)

HeavyDelta
08-10-2011, 11:17 PM
The part I find even more funny is NearMiss deletes my post as "vulgar" because I typed a make-believe word (gooch). Yet Rugg calls me a jkljfgkj and all is well.

Lovely.

Looks like we're back to square one of the original forums from 2000 !

CharveL
08-10-2011, 11:24 PM
I see the wannabe rockstar has chimed in. Come back and talk to me when you make a living with that instrument like daddy did...........Speaking of hanging off of someone's gooch, even if that was true HD there ain't no room. Charvel has that staked out and he's moved in. Frankly, I don't like what he did with the place.

Oh you are a clever one! Wannabe rockstar cause I play in a band as a hobby, that's good! I stopped trying to make a living with it years ago and now get the best of both worlds making a few bucks instead of spending it on a night out, but I think we're missing the point here which is you taking posts far out of context and getting all (rug)butthurt over them.

Haha see what I did there?

pupo162
08-10-2011, 11:37 PM
It's can, spell check is your friend.

who needs spell check when they have forum trolls

ruggbutt
08-10-2011, 11:56 PM
who needs spell check when they have forum trolls
Clearly you are inexperienced with teh interweb. I'm not a forum troll, I'm a spelling Nazi. Which in a way ties in with ClOD.

HeavyDelta
08-10-2011, 11:57 PM
I think it is only fair to go Spelling Nazi on someone that actually misspells a word, not just typos.

It's in the internet instruction manual...somewhere.

HeavyDelta
08-11-2011, 12:00 AM
A close friend of mine was shot down there in an Osprey, a month or so after SOC deployed them.

. Lighten up, Francis.

We haven't had any Ospreys shot down yet. There was one that crashed due to mechanical failure, but no shootdowns.

CharveL
08-11-2011, 12:49 AM
We haven't had any Ospreys shot down yet. There was one that crashed due to mechanical failure, but no shootdowns.

Maybe it was a buddy of a buddy. That was probably just a typo.

HeavyDelta
08-11-2011, 01:16 AM
I wasn't saying he was lying or anything like that, just that he may have the wrong story or just misspoke. His buddy very well have been injured on the one that crashed.

ruggbutt
08-11-2011, 01:27 AM
PM me if you'd like his FB page. Last I heard there wasn't a cause for the crash. I'll try to call him tonite and see what the final verdict is. Frankly, it hadn't mattered as much to me as how hurt he was. There were others killed on the a/c in the crash. I'm just thankful that he got what he wants more than anything, his flight status back. I don't relish seeing him go back into harms way but he's a warrior and that's how he rolls so I'm 110% behind him, whatever he may want. I heard about the crash 43 minutes after it hit the AP. I knew he had been deployed but they didn't release any names. Later we heard it was him (found out on FB) and he'd lost so much blood they didn't think he'd make it. He told me later that they pumped in 16 units of blood. Said it was coming out faster than it was going in at one point. You may know him or know of him HD, he used to fly w/the Virtual Thunderbirds. We got details quicker once Panther from the V-TBirds got his sister's phone number and she posted on our squadron page every day that something new came up. A USAF buddy of mine's wife was in Washington and stopped by to give him our love and support and I got a phone call back from my buddy, said his wife cried her eyes out when she left. Said he looked really bad. She saw action in A-Stan and is tough as nails, stopped a convoy ambush when she hopped on the mounted .50 and started blasting bad men. I'm not super religious but I prayed and cried a lot those first few weeks.

HD, if you've seen any video with some of the wounded guys he's in one that was well circulated because he became friends with Bob Dole when he was recovering. Dole was there after a surgery he had.

HeavyDelta
08-11-2011, 02:07 AM
So yes, you are talking the crash in April 2010 then.

Final verdict - engine failure. There was no evidence in the official report of any kind of shooting.

I understand what you mean about the reason not being important to you as a friend, but to me as a military aviator it is important to note that Ospreys have not been shot down. That is a significant milestone since many people said first use in combat they were going to be shot down left and right.

All my best to your friend. I'm very impressed he got his flight status back!

ruggbutt
08-11-2011, 05:55 AM
I understand what you mean about the reason not being important to you as a friend, but to me as a military aviator it is important to note that Ospreys have not been shot down.
What I meant to convey was that when I'm able to talk to him the reason was at first something he couldn't talk about. Then it just kinda got lost in the mix cuz we talk about all kinds of other stuff. I'm glad it wasn't shot down as well!!
All my best to your friend. I'm very impressed he got his flight status back!
He's a special breed, you probably know the type. When the a/c went down he was directing people to get out cuz he knew it would blow. He was horribly wounded, broken pelvis. Legs. Arm. Had to tourniquet his arm himself cuz one of the troops that was riding wasn't getting it high enuf on his arm. I believe his words after the troop tried twice was "f it, I'll do it myself". Doctors told him that he saved his own life, cuz that's the wound he was bleeding out from.

I would call him during his rehab and you could tell when he was having a hard day, but he never quit. He told me that he would be flying again. He's the kind of guy who says something like that and others know it's fact. He hasn't lost his sense of humor, often he hops on Ventrilo or calls me and he's talking in his Captain Voltano voice (kind of a nerdy techno geek) and it makes me laugh, never get tired of it.

HD, what kind of a/c are you flying around in these days?

HeavyDelta
08-11-2011, 11:10 AM
I've been put out to pasture, got two more years until I hit 30. I'm teaching college at a NROTC unit. :)

Yes, I know the type quite well. Pretty much most of the fine folks I've served with. ;-)

CharveL
08-11-2011, 01:33 PM
How are liking teaching? Adjusting well or is it pretty similar to doing what you were before, only in a classroom instead of a carrier?

HeavyDelta
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
That is a very astute question Mr. Charvel. I'm pretty much doing the same leadership stuff I've been doing for 27 years, but now just in a classroom. I have found that I need to put a lot more effort into making actual structure to the syllabus, instead of "today, we are going to shoot the breeze about communication."

I hate the textbook and therefore I have a lot more prep to do to make the course interesting and engaging, but bottom line is I love it, feel like it is what I'm supposed to be doing at this stage in my life.

CharveL
08-11-2011, 10:33 PM
That's grat HD and I'm sure it's very rewarding.

But what I'm really leading up to is...any hot chicks in your classes?

:-P

DayGlow
08-11-2011, 11:52 PM
That is a very astute question Mr. Charvel. I'm pretty much doing the same leadership stuff I've been doing for 27 years, but now just in a classroom. I have found that I need to put a lot more effort into making actual structure to the syllabus, instead of "today, we are going to shoot the breeze about communication."

I hate the textbook and therefore I have a lot more prep to do to make the course interesting and engaging, but bottom line is I love it, feel like it is what I'm supposed to be doing at this stage in my life.

That is great to hear. The world needs more people like you to build the future generations. Far too many people are forced into instructional positions and just present material.