PDA

View Full Version : Expansion from Desatersoft

Pages : [1] 2

NedLynch
08-02-2011, 01:44 AM
I only found one other thread about this expansion.
A german company by the name of desastersoft, www.desastersoft.com, will have an expansion for CoD.
Today on their site they announced that the expansion has gone gold, they need to translate it into english as well.
I, living in the US, e-mailed them if a download version will be available and they replied (imagine that) right away almost, next morning, that they are planning a download version, print products will however likely be not included in the download.
E-mailed them again if they will let you buy it in $US and if it will work with the steam version, which it should I would think.
Will keep updated if I find out anything new, the expansion looks really nice, tons of contend for both sides of the battle. And a demo is available for download as well, I didn't download it yet, if, then I want the whole expansion, sorry but I do like CoD.
Edit: sorry misspelled the company name in the title.

droz
08-02-2011, 02:34 AM
did you say expansion? Any details what it includes? What front is it? How much it will cost, and when it will be available? Is it an official expansion being signed off by 1c?

found out some more info. This is translated via google, so it's not perfect, but here it is. No new aircraft, mainly new missions, lots of them, historically accurate campaigns is what it really is.

A Hollywood-style drama

, it is 28 November 1940, 17.13 clock, when a dogfight drama happening, what Hollywood could not have been better set the scene: highly decorated Major Helmut Wick, youngest wing commander of the Luftwaffe, with 55 kills leading Fliegeras of 1940, flying ahead of his unit over the Isle of Wigth in southern England. He takes the fight with several 609th Spitfire Squadron of the Royal Air Force pilot to shoot Officer and Baillon from. It is his 56th Launching! Seconds later hangs behind his Messerschmitt 109 E-4 Fligth the British Lieutenant John Charles Dundas, Section Leader in the no. 609 Squadron, and opened fire on Major Wick. Wicks machine is badly damaged. Fligth Lieutenant Dundas, one of the best fighter pilot in the Royal Air Force during the Battle of Britain, calls into the radio: "I've got a Whopee On Oh Nine!" But the congratulations of his wing leader, he can not hear you! Rudolf Pflanz, squad leader in Major Wicks sits staff flight, the Spitfire of Dundas in the neck and pushes the buttons! Fligth Lieutenant Dundas is only seconds after his historic launch! Welcome to this drama! you have the choice! For whom do you fly? 6 campaigns, each in two variants - for weaker and powerful computer!

Aces! Major Helmut Wick - 25 missions
Aces! Flight Lieutenant JC Dundas - 13 missions
Test Section 210 - ME 110 fighter-bombers over England - 30 missions
3./JG "Richthofen" 2 - Bf 109-40 Missions
No. 609 Squadron - Spitfire - 42 missions
No. 111 Squadron - Hurricane - 27 missions

All missions in the campaigns based on real missions. They show the Battle of Britain from the perspective of the pilots and reflect their use of activity with all the trouble again! Special

Dynamic Radio Direction Finding for the British campaign (RADAR). You will be informed of the raids and ground control over the enemy can locate using the card as it was real in the Battle of Britain!
A printed guide with historical background, list of code words of the German Luftwaffe, destination table and aircraft identification cards!
A2 printed insert card of the combat zone. Printed on both sides, including target directory number for the British airports
Update service for new and additional missions

NedLynch
08-02-2011, 02:48 AM
Yup, something like this is more than welcome by me right now, hope it works, I may try the demo at some point, while waiting for the download version I can purchase in $US.;)

The price is 27.00 euros, so in $ that is.....hmmmm......30 something...ish? Not cheap, but if I look at the contend it seems to be worth it.
It might be if they get enough e-mails from overseas they will be even more enclined to release a download version.

They have a sort of english version of their website, click on contact, the areas marked with a star have to be filled out.
These are in order: first name, last name, e-mail and of course then your question, if you want to make a choice for the first area choose the second one "Fragen zu Produkten", which is questions about products.
Second row is just how you want to be addressed, Mr., Mrs., don't think you have to click anything there since it's not marked with a star.

Raggz
08-02-2011, 03:35 AM
The first thread is more than enough to discuss this expansion.

retrojet
08-02-2011, 04:00 AM
It's good to know there are talented people willing to take this on... Hopefully, it can only be a positive direction for cod :)

Just makes you wonder what the outcome would be given an official update/patch alongside it?
Would it literally be a 'disastersoft'?

NedLynch, thanks for finding this, let us know if it works! ;)

I'm right behind you in the queue!:-D

hiro
08-02-2011, 05:33 AM
It's good to know there are talented people willing to take this on... Hopefully, it can only be a positive direction for cod :)

Just makes you wonder what the outcome would be given an official update/patch alongside it?
Would it literally be a 'disastersoft'?

NedLynch, thanks for finding this, let us know if it works! ;)

I'm right behind you in the queue!:-D

yeah its hard keeping up as code changes and seems that Clod's code WILL change.

Team D had insider info, that's why theirs stuff is so scotch (good, well most of it really) not to say the mod the oP mentioned isn't but my feeling is its too early to have something of a great undertaking while this game is patched out of beta maxed . . . . this game it seems they want to get it working first before releasing soft dev kit stuff . . .

Doc_uk
08-02-2011, 06:57 AM
So is this expansion just mission?

adonys
08-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Here's the main thread (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24590) for the Wick-Dundas campaign..

From what could be seen from the demo, the missions had almost no scripting at all (just some simple triggers with HudLogMessages). Paying 30 euros for that is waaay too much.

Maybe if they will sell the english downloadable version at 10 euros it might worth a try, but otherwise, I don't think so.

Wandalen
08-02-2011, 08:14 AM
So is this expansion just mission?

Yes, it looks like a german campaign pack. Think you can find just as good missions for download free on various forums ;)

skouras
08-02-2011, 08:45 AM
good to know that someone else working on this project as well
but with the currently AI i doubt if its worth to buy it

Doc_uk
08-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Yes, it looks like a german campaign pack. Think you can find just as good missions for download free on various forums ;)
yea
Why the hell would anybody want to pay for a campaign that we should allreardy have, and like said, there will be plenty of free one's

robtek
08-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Regarding Desastersoft i might say that i haven't found free content (mission packs) in the same quality for 1946.
I can't believe that it would be different in CoD.
But then, there are always people which are satisfied with less.
Good for them, safes money.

Kongo-Otto
08-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Regarding Desastersoft i might say that i haven't found free content (mission packs) in the same quality for 1946.
I can't believe that it would be different in CoD.
But then, there are always people which are satisfied with less.
Good for them, safes money.

+1

Will buy it, asap.
I have their IL2-46 addon "Der Eismeerjäger - Walter Schuck" and some others from them.
Fine stuff!

JG52Uther
08-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Surely if people want to buy it its up to them!
Personally I won't buy it, but I'm sure a lot of work has gone in to it.

Doc_uk
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Surely if people want to buy it its up to them!
Personally I won't buy it, but I'm sure a lot of work has gone in to it.

Im sure alot of people will get it, but as i see it, to me its somthing that we should have anyways, and give time there will be alot of campaigns, that people will give away free

JG52Uther
08-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Of course Doc, but it comes down to personal choice really.

skouras
08-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Personally i will buy it
but first the AI must be fixed....

NedLynch
08-04-2011, 12:26 AM
Im sure alot of people will get it, but as i see it, to me its somthing that we should have anyways, and give time there will be alot of campaigns, that people will give away free

One of my first posts on this forum was about the meagre content the game has right now. I was told that IL2 1946 started out just the same way (if anyone can confirm this please do so) and that the great content/dcg/add-ons were mainly community generated.

If, like some people here say, Desastersoft actually makes expansions/add-ons that are a notch above the rest and given the fact that they are a for profit company, yeah sure they will charge for their work, if it's worth it we will only know as soon as someone gets the expansion, which currently is still in gold status, and posts some feedback.

And even then different people will feel differently about wether this is worth the money they are charging or worth getting at all or not.

If only Lowengrin would make another DCG for this sim.........

Bottom line, the price they are charging is what it is, it's up to the individual if they are willing to pay it. I think I would pay for a profesionally made add-on, if available for download here in the US. But like I said, if it's really professionally made you can only judge after you buy it, there is never a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

adonys
08-04-2011, 12:38 AM
be they even top notch campaigns, asking 30 euro for it is waay to much, no matter what. it is almost the price of a full game, if not even bigger..

katdogfizzow
08-04-2011, 12:50 AM
interesting

Kongo-Otto
08-04-2011, 01:15 AM
be they even top notch campaigns, asking 30 euro for it is waay to much, no matter what. it is almost the price of a full game, if not even bigger..

30 Euros, so what? Thats about five or six packs of cigarettes or roundabout 19 litre Premium Gasoline, here in Germany.
(For the metrical challenged 4 litre =5.01 Gallon) :-P;):-D

Havoc04
08-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Seems SOME people have more money than sense

Also Kongo since you think its so damned cheap you can buy me a copy

And 30 Euros for a DLC that contains NO added aircraft or any other vehicles for that matter is JUST a RIP off by most peoples standards. Alot of bigger named companies sell there DLC for 15 bucks or less AND contain new items etc. So i don't see where you find 30 Euros being so cheap.. As i said 1st up more money than sense. And if i remember correctly werent these the guys that tried to sell a addon pack, same deal just a bunch of missions NO additional content for Silent Hunter 3? They almost got sued for not obtaining permission and were told to withdraw the leech product?

Regards

Welshman
08-04-2011, 02:21 AM
For the metrical challenged 4 litre =5.01 Gallon)

sarcasm is great but only when i works ;)

NedLynch
08-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Havoc04, uhhh, the SH3 thing does not sound good.
Are you sure it was this company?

Havoc04
08-04-2011, 04:09 AM
MY APOLOGIZES its not Desatersoft but X1 Software! 2 completely named companies, so again i apologize. It just sounded awefully simiular (bunch of missions no extra content high price) You know. That old chestnut.

Regards

robtek
08-04-2011, 06:48 AM
I find it very interesting how many people have prefabricated opinions here, judging a product that isn't even marketed.

The people promoting this mission-pack at least know the history of the company to deliver quality.

And those, which are saying it's too expensive, there are many hours of work in there and it's no hobby project, it's made to earn money.

This product serves a niche-market with a low number of customers, that is always more expensive than mass-market, in every product.

The difference to free products, as far as i experienced, is the more realistic approach and better research.

If you just want to have fun, the free missions will serve you well, but if you will try to relive what the pilots felt,
with no instant dogfight, but with hours of boredom paired with minutes of terror, dealt out as historical correct as possible atm, you should spend the money.

Havoc04
08-04-2011, 07:06 AM
Robtek. I think you would agree that there would little to NO pre-judging if they HAD NOT stamped a price tag (Large Tag at that) on it before it was ready to release.. There fault on that. Nice to have hindsight though.

Regards

Doc_uk
08-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Desatersoft, is just exploiting a loophole, in the fact that Cod was realeased with no dinamic campaign, and a very crappy normal campaign,
And by charging 30 bucks, they probably knows, theres alot of suckers out there that will pay

JG53Frankyboy
08-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Can anyone remember such a price dis ussion about their IL2'46 adons?
Just wondering because they are in the same pricerange.

And for IL2'46 there were realy a lot of good free downloadable missions/campaigns. IF this will be the case for CoD , time will tell-having CoD's FMB in mind. This thing is only similar to the '46 one for the first look!
As said, nobody is forced to buy such adons, they dont change the gameversion.

And yes , gamecontent for IL2 classic was also made by 3.party , from the Hyperlobby to dynamic campaign generators!
That was never the strength of 1C:MG ;)

TeeJay82
08-04-2011, 07:32 AM
If this was a DCG id buy it asap... think ill pass on this one... for those of you that buy it, i hope its worth your money :)

robtek
08-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Robtek. I think you would agree that there would little to NO pre-judging if they HAD NOT stamped a price tag (Large Tag at that) on it before it was ready to release.. There fault on that. Nice to have hindsight though.

Regards

Sorry, i can't follow you here.

If a company developes a product the price is calculated in advance.

It is calculated how many copies will probably be sold, how many man-hours are needed, how many overhead for printing and accessories is necessary and so on.

So, the calculated price is fixed before production is finished.

Why not publish it? Every other Software company does it??

tintifaxl
08-04-2011, 08:05 AM
I for one placed a preorder yesterday at amazon.de. I think, these campaigns will deliver the offline content I was looking for with CloD: A nice string of historic missions as experienced by the piliots.

I bought a lot of campaigns for IL2, too and had a good time playing them.

* Case Blue
* Battle over Europe (ok, that one did bring new maps)
* Ostfront
* Rebirth Of Honour
* Wings over Waves
* Fliegerasse: Stern von Afrika
* Fliegerasse: Eismeerjäger
* Operation Overlord

So why shouldn't I with CloD?

Seeker
08-04-2011, 08:09 AM
Seems SOME people have more money than sense

And 30 Euros for a DLC that contains NO added aircraft or any other vehicles for that matter is JUST a RIP off by most peoples standards.
Regards

If it does what it says on the box, and contains what it says in the box, then it's in no way a rip off.

You may judge it expensive or not, but that's something different, and is a value judgement you're free to make.

Considering Clod prolly needs a £600 PC and a £100's worth of peripherals, £15 for some usable content doesn't sound too bad.

However, if it's missing half the advertised features, the half that remain don't work and you never hear from the guy that took your money then yes, you've been ripped off.

jimbop
08-04-2011, 08:23 AM
I would pay 10 euro for an English download version but 30 is too much for me when the game is not much more (or even cheaper) today.

Good luck to them anyway and I hope they're successful since I doubt the devs will produce any decent campaigns any time soon, at least for BoB.

robtek
08-04-2011, 08:53 AM
The relation between the price for CoD and the mission-pack is absolutely irrelevant!

If you buy a stock Harley sportster it costs about 8000$, with all extras it costs 18000$!

jimbop
08-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I guess that's true and I have no problem paying for add-ons. But at the same time:

30 euros, Desastersoft = Campaign
vs.
30 euros, 1C (or whoever) = Campaigns (admittedly pretty rubbish), QMB, FMB, mission recorder, online play etc...

adonys
08-04-2011, 09:13 AM
just ignore robtek, he's not a reasonable person willing to recognize some simple truths.

it doesn't matter how much money costs Desastersoft to make this campaign, if it would have costed them 1 billion euros, that wouldn't mean anyone would pay 100k euros for it just because those were their costs.

and again, what could be seen from their demo, was just simple missions, without any kind of awesome scripting (actually almost no scripting at all, unless you can call trigerring some texts scripting).

also, the statement some of their advocates keep throwing is the "historical research". let me tell you I saw LOTS of user made missions & skins & campaigns with far more research than that.

in the end, that pack is absolutely not worth anything above 10 euros, and I'm sure their sales number will confirm that.

esmiol
08-04-2011, 09:19 AM
sincerely sell 30dollars a campaign... with only mission made in the FMB and maybe some skin....

it is incredible that people buy that!

at this moment.. anybody can do it and sell it....

but you know what we said... as soon people are able to buy something...we will sell them!

Langnasen
08-04-2011, 09:21 AM
A 30-euro expansion for a broken game? Is this a hoax?

Havoc04
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I keep getting the sneaky impression that there are either people that work at that company or friends there off, trying to peddle, talk it up, justify the costing. Anyways i'll say no more on this topic..

Regards

ParaB
08-04-2011, 10:46 AM
30 € is what I spend on two evenings having a couple of beers in a pub with friends. Or a single evening with the GF and a movie.

This product seems to offer six campaigns and around 200 hrs of gameplay.

Seems like a bargain to me. I've paid more money for single addon planes in FSX and got more than my money's worth.

Of course I won't spend a cent until the most glaring issues of this unfinished mess that is CoD are fixed.

robtek
08-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Ahh, the trolls have arrived.

Time for reasoning is over, time to leave then.

Havoc04
08-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Ahh, the trolls have arrived.

Time for reasoning is over, time to leave then.

Yep you are quite right about that.. There are a few about

Regards

adonys
08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
30 €..

No one said 30 euros is a big amount of money. Not in any case for me. It's just is way too much in exchange of what is offered. I would pay 100 if I would get 100€ worth in return. I've spent 320£ on the Thrustmaster Warthog, which is pretty much for a joystick, and in no case a small amount of money. Yet, I was happy with it, because what I've got in return deserved every penny I've spent on it.

It's all about business model: you want 100 customers to pay 30€, or 1000 to pay 10€. In the end, they're free to go with whichever fits them better.

Doc_uk
08-04-2011, 11:53 AM
I keep getting the sneaky impression that there are either people that work at that company or friends there off, trying to peddle, talk it up, justify the costing. Anyways i'll say no more on this topic..

Regards That says it in one
+1

Seeker
08-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Sad that people are so shy of being fooled twice.

I've had no dealings with this company, but in the past I've bought almost every expansion pack there was for the IL-2 series, and I always thought I got much more than my monies worth.

Think it through: It probably takes me four to eight hours in the FMB to come up with an interesting 45 minute mission, and that's with out skinning, historical research if applicable and simply having a fun idea.

Anything "non standard" such as some of the crazy racing maps would take me much, much longer, if I could do it at all.

What are you prepared to work for per hour?

And don't claim "but I give it all way for free", there was such a stink about mission makers being "ripped off" by people searching their own cache files for MP missions that 1C encrypted the cache!

Don't misunderstand me: I won't buy it, but that's because I won't spend a red cent on this POS until it's received some care and attention from some one who knows what they're doing, which by now almost certainly means mods, if Steam ever allows it.

But it's simply not fair to paint every small developer with the same brush. Some of them are very good and try very hard.

adonys
08-04-2011, 01:41 PM
You guys are stubborn, and just go on and on..

Yes, I'm sure they are working very hard. I would also work very hard to make.. dunno.. a rocket.. but that wouldn't mean anyone would pay me trillions of euros for it.

And don't even dare to open the discussion about what hard work on how much money.. here in eastern Europe we're paid way less than you guys in the West, and most of the time for even a harder and longer work.

But that's not the point.

The point is, certain things values a certain amounts of money. And when someone asks way moore, without offering anything special, no one is willing to pay it, even if it is not about large sums of money. They will only pay for what they perceive as a right bargain.

The point is they will find 2-300, maybe 500, people to pay 30 euros for it, but there will be 2-3 maybe 5000 people not willing to pay 30 euros for it, but would pay like 10 euros. Now, do some math, and tell me in which case they would gain the most return money? 500x30 or 5000x10?

Is simple, and if they don't get it, then they really deserve the foreseeable outcome of this..

ParaB
08-04-2011, 02:04 PM
The point is, certain things values a certain amounts of money.

True, but that value is not a precise number, it's what a potential customer is willing to pay. Some people think it's too expensive and will not buy it, some think the price is OK.

Since I have bought products from them in the past and have been very happy with what I got I'll certainly take a closer look on this one, too.

tintifaxl
08-04-2011, 02:10 PM

The point is they will find 2-300, maybe 500, people to pay 30 euros for it, but there will be 2-3 maybe 5000 people not willing to pay 30 euros for it, but would pay like 10 euros. Now, do some math, and tell me in which case they would gain the most return money? 500x30 or 5000x10?

Is simple, and if they don't get it, then they really deserve the foreseeable outcome of this..

Simple math, depends on production/distribution cost per unit. e.g. the map, the printed manual and the likes. I'm talking about a physical copy.

One thing I like about the bomber campaign, is that they provide recon photos and approaching directions.

Quote from Desastersoft.com: Bei Olafs Jagdbomberkampagne gibt es detaillierte Zielanweisungen, wie es für Bomber notwendig ist, mit Anflugkurzkarten, Zielfotos usw.

I'm looking forward to it, but then I'm more of an offline flight simmer who likes well crafted static campaigns with historic background in a WW2 flight sim.

Winger
08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Just preordered the addon. Desastersoft has a good name making camapigns and CloD is a great game and with this addon it will be an even better experience.

Cheers

Winger

Kongo-Otto
08-04-2011, 03:18 PM
30 € is what I spend on two evenings having a couple of beers in a pub with friends. Or a single evening with the GF and a movie.

That's not much for a few Beers, i normaly need that amount for me alone,or even more. And no i am not an alcoholic, i am Bavarian. ;-) :grin:

Doc_uk
08-04-2011, 03:44 PM
any add-on will obviously have to be done through steam, if not, then i think i can feel a frebie coming on:rolleyes:

Danelov
08-04-2011, 04:20 PM
As minimum this addon must included the Bf 109E-4. Wick last mission was with a E-4.

JG53Frankyboy
08-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Blame the developers that the most flown 109 version is not in game- and the most flown Spitifre(Mk.Ia with CSP) too btw.

As long the 3.party SDK tools are not out. Additional planes would be not allowed Mods that cause a Steam ban i guess.

This thing is a singleplayer. Mission/campaign ad on. It uses the given features of the default game. Not more, not less........

It has an updatertool ( that worked already with its demo). Desastersoft claimed already that they would update he missions when (!) stuff like an 109E-4 would appear officially.

Pluto
08-04-2011, 04:55 PM
... for "Cliffs of Dover", the sim certainly needs one !!!

But it`s pretty useless to consider addons or campaigns as long as the sim is not working as it should and as long as it does not even have all the objects it should have and a fully functional mission editor.
Moreover - the sim only covers the time of summer 1940, how long can such a campaign then be ? 6 or 10 weeks ? That`s not even worth starting it.

Sorry
:mrgreen:

Targ
08-05-2011, 02:54 AM
Looks interesting but 1.4 Euros to the dollar I will pass.

von Pilsner
08-05-2011, 02:59 AM
Interesting, they made some good stuff for IL-2: 1946... I don't think I would spend that much on it at the moment, though...

Targ
08-05-2011, 03:01 AM
Interesting, they made some good stuff for IL-2: 1946... I don't think I would spend that much on it at the moment, though...

I bought just about every third party add on for IL2, but the price they are asking seems a bit much for me personlly.

I would do 20 bucks but more than that the value wanes in my opinion.

robtek
08-05-2011, 06:35 AM
The download-version without printed maps and handbook should be less than 30€

David198502
08-05-2011, 07:16 AM
i bought the russian version of the game for a third of the price of this campaign and i bought the european version for 40euros!so the price is ridiculous high in my opinion.

robtek
08-05-2011, 11:24 AM
If it is too expensive for your taste, dont buy it.
No product can satisfy everybody.

machoo
08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
I've got a bunch of missions made up. Can I sell this for $30 too?

robtek
08-05-2011, 01:37 PM
You can try, as everybody else :D

JG52Uther
08-05-2011, 01:43 PM
On a side note, how does this work with 1C, as these people will be making money from CoD, which I assume is protected. Do they have to pay a royalty to 1C?

ParaB
08-05-2011, 02:07 PM
I've got a bunch of missions made up. Can I sell this for $30 too?

If there's as many missions as in the Desastersoft addon and comes with skins and printed goodies, I'd be happy to buy them

von Pilsner
08-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Do they have to pay a royalty to 1C?

I doubt it, they are just adding missions to the game and (probably) not licensing anything from MG.

Doc_uk
08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
If there's as many missions as in the Desastersoft addon and comes with skins and printed goodies, I'd be happy to buy them
We get skins for free, or didnt you no
Printed goodies? can i fly them?:rolleyes:

Kongo-Otto
08-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I doubt it, they are just adding missions to the game and (probably) not licensing anything from MG.

I don't know whether they pay royalties or not, but some kind of business agreement concerning copyright and related rights must have been made, otherwise this Thread would have been locked very fast. ;)

von Pilsner
08-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't know whether they pay royalties or not, but some kind of business agreement concerning copyright and related rights must have been made, otherwise this Thread would have been locked very fast. ;)

I don't follow your reasoning... If I create a font and offer it for sale for use in word processors I don't need their permission. Or if I use notepad to write a program, I own the code and not the folks who made the text editor.

Generally you own the output of a program you use (otherwise the C+ compiler & IDE people would own everything... :D).

As long as they are only distributing the missions and skins and not MG code / Intellectual Property there would seem to be no obvious infringement.

Kongo-Otto
08-06-2011, 12:16 PM
As long as they are only distributing the missions and skins and not MG code / Intellectual Property there would seem to be no obvious infringement.

What i ment was this:
if they use the FMB to create the Missions, they use the "Intellectual property" from 1c, so if there is a commercial FMB use from a third party without a permission from 1c, it would be an infringement. wouldn't it?

kyletiernan
08-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Its made by Disaster Soft, CoD is really dead isnt it.... jk

JG52Uther
08-06-2011, 12:21 PM
What i ment was this:
if they use the FMB to create the Missions, they use the "Intellectual property" from 1c, so if there is a commercial FMB use from a third party without a permission from 1c, it would be an infringement. wouldn't it?

My thougths as well.No problem for user made missions, but making missions to sell surely infringes on CoDs Intellectual property, and therefore I would assume there is an agreement between D/soft and 1C, and royalties flowing 1C's way for every expansion sold.

ParaB
08-06-2011, 12:59 PM
We get skins for free, or didnt you no
Printed goodies? can i fly them?:rolleyes:

If I can get a package like the one Desastorsoft offers I'll gladly fork over some cash. In all my years of Il2 gaming I've seen no "free" campaign that came even close to what those guys offered.

But to each his own.

tintifaxl
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
I think it's out now for all those who ordered from desastersoft website directly. Alas living in Austria (14,90 EUR shipping from desastersoft) I did preorder it from amazon.de and they still show September 1st as release date.

Anyone got it already and cares to eloberate to shorten the waiting for me a little bit?

skouras
08-21-2011, 08:48 PM
i was hoping for a digital download
but i see only DVD:confused:

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-21-2011, 08:53 PM
How about the language question,I heard they were trying to get this translated,but have'nt heard any news since.

I would imagine there will be a fair amount of briefing regarding missions etc,if this is all in German,with all respect this would be a problem,would'nt it?

NedLynch
08-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Back when I saw this for the first time I had sent them an e-mail and they said a download version was "sort of" planned. Just sent them another e-mail asking about a download version and availability in the US.
I will update as I get a response from them. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

skouras
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Back when I saw this for the first time I had sent them an e-mail and they said a download version was "sort of" planned. Just sent them another e-mail asking about a download version and availability in the US.
I will update as I get a response from them. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

thanks NedLynch:-D
also i hope they translate it too

NedLynch
08-21-2011, 09:03 PM
I think it's out now for all those who ordered from desastersoft website directly. Alas living in Austria (14,90 EUR shipping from desastersoft) I did preorder it from amazon.de and they still show September 1st as release date.

Anyone got it already and cares to eloberate to shorten the waiting for me a little bit?

I've been looking for it just now on amazon.com here in the US, can't find it, what did you enter in the search box to get to the expansion?

JG53Frankyboy
08-21-2011, 09:19 PM
1. the actual version will only work if you have set your CoD installation via Steam to german.
2. the plan is that they will make a version working with an english installation of CoD
3. such a 'english' version will be only available as a digital download

so far the infos you get if you read german forums. i am sure as soon Desastersoft have something at hand , they will show up officially in english spoken forums too!

whoarmongar
08-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Hardly an expansion pack is it. To my mind an expansion pack gives you new content, ie new aircraft and or new maps.
This is just a mission addonpack.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Can anyone remember such a price dis ussion about their IL2'46 adons?
Just wondering because they are in the same pricerange.

And for IL2'46 there were realy a lot of good free downloadable missions/campaigns. IF this will be the case for CoD , time will tell-having CoD's FMB in mind. This thing is only similar to the '46 one for the first look!
As said, nobody is forced to buy such adons, they dont change the gameversion.

And yes , gamecontent for IL2 classic was also made by 3.party , from the Hyperlobby to dynamic campaign generators!
That was never the strength of 1C:MG ;)

I don't see either why people discuss the price so ardently. I understand that some may be angry because Cod came with so little content. But this is definitely not the fault of Desastersoft.

I can understand that some people are not willing to pay this price but hey, why quarreling about it? Just don't buy it if it is too expensive for you. Just wait until some cheaper or free stuff will turn around.

I for my part liked the demo but as long as the AI is not fixed I won't get too much into single player and therefore won't spend the money on a sp campaign. However, if they finally manage to fix the AI and the FM issues I surely will spend some money on quality sp campaigns as I did for IL2. Imho the commercial campaigns that I bought were well worth their money and not one single free campaign came even close. Which seems obvious: hobby campaign designers spend some of their spare time on it and it is extremely difficult to put that many hours into such a project. And selling a campaign puts some nice pressure on the designer to deliver or he will be sooner out of business than he can say x#.@*

icarus
08-21-2011, 10:56 PM
I can't help but wonder why someone would name their company Disastersoft (Desastersoft in German), unless they were doing earthquake and tsunami sims. Altough they are doing Hurricanes. :lol:

tintifaxl
08-22-2011, 04:57 AM
I've been looking for it just now on amazon.com here in the US, can't find it, what did you enter in the search box to get to the expansion?

I ordered from amazon.de. Big difference.

tintifaxl
08-22-2011, 05:06 AM
1. the actual version will only work if you have set your CoD installation via Steam to german.
2. the plan is that they will make a version working with an english installation of CoD
3. such a 'english' version will be only available as a digital download

so far the infos you get if you read german forums. i am sure as soon Desastersoft have something at hand , they will show up officially in english spoken forums too!

Oh my, that kinda sucks. My Steam language is English and I really don't want to switch it. Well, maybe a little .cmd script is in order to copy the _de.briefing to _en.briefing ...

But the demo had no troubles with my installation of CoD, I had the briefings, albeit in German language.

NSU
08-22-2011, 05:17 AM
Oh my, that kinda sucks. My Steam language is English and I really don't want to switch it. Well, maybe a little .cmd script is in order to copy the _de.briefing to _en.briefing ...

But the demo had no troubles with my installation of CoD, I had the briefings, albeit in German language.

"Fliegerasse! Helmut Wick vs. J. C. Dundas" will come out in english too, the translate need some time.

here the Desastersoft website:

http://www.desastersoft.com/

tintifaxl
08-22-2011, 05:47 AM
"Fliegerasse! Helmut Wick vs. J. C. Dundas" will come out in english too, the translate need some time.

here the Desastersoft website:

I do understand german quite well, it's only the Steam language setting I want to keep. ;)

NSU
08-22-2011, 08:36 AM
I do understand german quite well, it's only the Steam language setting I want to keep. ;)

You can play the Campaigns in english Steam, but written Language in Briefing is German, the briefing files do not ending with a "de" linke in the demo.

senseispcc
08-22-2011, 03:21 PM
I did receive it today I tried one mission it works fine but it is in full German and my German is a little rusty it shall be sporty to so the least but there is a fine map of the game, installation easy and launching the game automatic by an icon of Desastersoft. If there are problems you shall hear from me again. Have a nice game.:-D

skouras
08-22-2011, 06:42 PM
I did receive it today I tried one mission it works fine but it is in full German and my German is a little rusty it shall be sporty to so the least but there is a fine map of the game, installation easy and launching the game automatic by an icon of Desastersoft. If there are problems you shall hear from me again. Have a nice game.:-D

good hunting mate
i wan't your impressions ;-)

Plt Off JRB Meaker
08-22-2011, 10:05 PM
What are the skins like senseispcc,nice?

NedLynch
08-22-2011, 11:39 PM
I got an e-mail back today from Desastersoft stating that a downloadable version will be available at the beginning of September.
It will be available worldwide and payment will be made via paypal.
All they are doing is translating the expansion into english and testing it to make sure the english version runs properly.

tintifaxl
08-23-2011, 06:36 AM
I got an e-mail back today from Desastersoft stating that a downloadable version will be available at the beginning of September.
It will be available worldwide and payment will be made via paypal.
All they are doing is translating the expansion into english and testing it to make sure the english version runs properly.

That's good news for all those who can't understand german. And depending on the pricing maybe even an option for those who do. But I really look forward to the printed materials they have included in the packaged version.

6BL Bird-Dog
08-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Desatersoft, is just exploiting a loophole, in the fact that Cod was realeased with no dinamic campaign, and a very crappy normal campaign,
And by charging 30 bucks, they probably knows, theres alot of suckers out there that will pay

+1

Freycinet
08-23-2011, 12:32 PM
You guys are stubborn, and just go on and on..

Yes, I'm sure they are working very hard. I would also work very hard to make.. dunno.. a rocket.. but that wouldn't mean anyone would pay me trillions of euros for it.

And don't even dare to open the discussion about what hard work on how much money.. here in eastern Europe we're paid way less than you guys in the West, and most of the time for even a harder and longer work.

But that's not the point.

The point is, certain things values a certain amounts of money. And when someone asks way moore, without offering anything special, no one is willing to pay it, even if it is not about large sums of money. They will only pay for what they perceive as a right bargain.

They've made several add-ons already, you think they don't know how to calculate the best price point better than some outsiders mouthing off on a web forum?

For the time you end up spending when you play the missions and campaigns included, the product is certainly good value for money. Maybe not in Albania but in Western Europa for sure, and since the product is in German I have the feeling it will probably sell mostly in that country.

And, no, before those who enjoy gratuitously smearing the good name of fellow forum members come in. I am not affiliated with Desastersoft in any way. Really sad that it is necessary to say that, but that is how it is when "certain people" use the most base tactics to smear others.

icarus
08-23-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm going to wait for CoD to get finished before I invest anymore money. Sorry. It seems like cart before the horse to me, but..... to each his own.:-D

adonys
08-23-2011, 02:34 PM
They've made several add-ons already, you think they don't know how to calculate the best price point better than some outsiders mouthing off on a web forum?

For the time you end up spending when you play the missions and campaigns included, the product is certainly good value for money. Maybe not in Albania but in Western Europa for sure, and since the product is in German I have the feeling it will probably sell mostly in that country.

And, no, before those who enjoy gratuitously smearing the good name of fellow forum members come in. I am not affiliated with Desastersoft in any way. Really sad that it is necessary to say that, but that is how it is when "certain people" use the most base tactics to smear others.

Maybe it is a good value for money.. for some..

But.. not from what I've seen in their demo missions.

And no matter what, it's ridiculous to pay 50 bucks for a car, and then to be asked 40 for a wheel... You are free to throw your money if you feel like to, but that doesn't make it fair none-the-less..

NSU
08-23-2011, 07:24 PM
here a small Video from the Erpr.Gr210 combat flight, the voices you hear, is the command for the player to destroy the Blenheim group, this is a part for the mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Am8XBTu8k

skouras
08-23-2011, 07:51 PM
thanks NSU for the video
excellent :-P

41Sqn_Stormcrow
08-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Nice video. Actually I think the history of the Erprobungsgruppe during BoB to be very interesting and worth a small campaign.

NSU
08-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Nice video. Actually I think the history of the Erprobungsgruppe during BoB to be very interesting and worth a small campaign.

The ErpGr.210 Campaign is 30 Missions long and so historic we can make in CoD

tintifaxl
08-24-2011, 09:48 AM

Are you somehow involved with Desastersoft?

NSU
08-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Are you somehow involved with Desastersoft?

yes, I am part of Desastersoft team

pupaxx
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
my question is:
will this expansion support future revision of game?
I mean, if CloD graphic engine will be rewrited with incoming patches, what appens to the add-on I buy today?
Thanks

senseispcc
08-24-2011, 11:21 AM
People should stop complaining the world is expensive but the exception should be "them»! Other should buy their petrol at 5 euros or 8 dollars but they should buy it at one euro or 1.5 dollar. Normal the other is the other.

It is a nice campaign to play on the RAF side not easy at all very realistic the only negative point is the language but I am happy to learn there is a translation on the way in September.
:-D

NSU
08-24-2011, 12:01 PM
my question is:
will this expansion support future revision of game?
I mean, if CloD graphic engine will be rewrited with incoming patches, what appens to the add-on I buy today?
Thanks

yes, of course, we have an automatic updater, when we fix some bugs in our missions, or a IL2CoD patch bring news we will update the Add-on, you must only klick on your Desastersoft Updater icon.

pupaxx
08-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Fine, thanks

NedLynch
08-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Hey there NSU, great to have you here. The e-mails I have been getting came from Hamburg. Wow you are quite far away from there in Heidelberg.

I am sure the community very much appreciates it if you would be willing to answer the occasional question here or there. I am just waiting for the download version to come out :grin:.

Viele Gruesse nach Heidelberg.

adonys
08-25-2011, 01:39 AM
some questions then, please:

- when the english download version should be expected (beginning/mid/end september)?
- what would be the approx price range for the downloadable version?
- will the english version offer an option to switch between german/english custom in-game sound files (or it won't have enlish versions of them at all/or they will all be in english)?

NSU
08-25-2011, 05:46 AM
some questions then, please:

- when the english download version should be expected (beginning/mid/end september)?
- what would be the approx price range for the downloadable version?
- will the english version offer an option to switch between german/english custom in-game sound files (or it won't have enlish versions of them at all/or they will all be in english)?

hi adonys

1. We think September 15th
2. 20 €
3. On German Side, custom Voice is German, on RAF Side it is english, the Voices are also in as written HUD Message

adonys
08-25-2011, 10:03 AM
thank you!

tintifaxl
08-29-2011, 04:18 PM

Today I received my copy from amazon. Install went like a breeze, did an update for the campaign addon immediatly after installing using the built in updater.

Started the ErpGr.210 Campaign and found 2 minor inconvienences in the very first mission:

* only the left fuel tanks are full, right side is empty, nothing about that in the briefing. Maybe you could add it, so people know they have to trim the plane before takeoff.

* Whatever the reason the mission fails, it always says you missed the target, even if it was annihilated like it was in my case and I (only) damaged the plane trying to park it inside a hangar.

Continu0
08-29-2011, 05:10 PM
@tintifaxl

I heard about that bugs before, but forgot where I found the solution(there is one).

Write an E-Mail to desastersoft. I am almost sure they will help you. From the German forums I know that they are doing great support to the customer!

NSU
08-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Today I received my copy from amazon. Install went like a breeze, did an update for the campaign addon immediatly after installing using the built in updater.

Started the ErpGr.210 Campaign and found 2 minor inconvienences in the very first mission:

* only the left fuel tanks are full, right side is empty, nothing about that in the briefing. Maybe you could add it, so people know they have to trim the plane before takeoff.

* Whatever the reason the mission fails, it always says you missed the target, even if it was annihilated like it was in my case and I (only) damaged the plane trying to park it inside a hangar.

@tintifaxl

ok my english is not the best, but i will here answer you.

for the fuel tanks problem:
please see the pictures, the tow front tanks are full the rear tanks are empty, so it is ok
the briefing (instruction) is for the Jagdbomber group, the ground crew give the pilot feedback for the plane so he know what for Petrol and weapons are loaded.

NSU
08-29-2011, 06:15 PM
"Whatever the reason the mission fails, it always says you missed the target, even if it was annihilated like it was in my case and I (only) damaged the plane trying to park it inside a hangar."

hmmm, i think you mean the part from the Desastersoft programm, this is a shooting report in the end from the mission, ok in this campaign you are a Jagdbomber, so you must bombing your targets and sometime you get the order to shoot down the enemy fighters.
This is a new and nice addition from the Desastersoft programmer and this make the missions a little dynamic and exciting, i am sure you like it.

see this pictures so it is ok:
when you bomb the target you get a feedback from a text and a voices (radio call) so you win the mission

i hope you understand my report and it help you.

tintifaxl
08-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Danke für die Infos. Also bei mir hat das nicht ganz so geklappt. Im Debriefing wird der LKW zwar als zerstört angezeigt - leider habe ich keinen Funkspruch erhalten oder den Text gesehen.

Muss man vielleicht auch alle Wegpunkte vorher korrekt anfliegen?

Das mit den Teibstofftanks muss ich noch ansehen, aber die Kiste ist bei mir sofort nach dem Abheben extrem nach links abgeschmiert und das mit vollem rechten Ruder. Aber Dein Screenshot zeigt auf jeden Fall eine austarierte Zuladung.

Lots of german speak here guys, I know - it's just a rehash what happened to me in the mission - please forgive me :cool:

NSU
08-30-2011, 02:56 AM
Danke für die Infos. Also bei mir hat das nicht ganz so geklappt. Im Debriefing wird der LKW zwar als zerstört angezeigt - leider habe ich keinen Funkspruch erhalten oder den Text gesehen.

Muss man vielleicht auch alle Wegpunkte vorher korrekt anfliegen?

Das mit den Teibstofftanks muss ich noch ansehen, aber die Kiste ist bei mir sofort nach dem Abheben extrem nach links abgeschmiert und das mit vollem rechten Ruder. Aber Dein Screenshot zeigt auf jeden Fall eine austarierte Zuladung.

Lots of german speak here guys, I know - it's just a rehash what happened to me in the mission - please forgive me :cool:

ok try to bombing the truck, maybe he was not 100% destroyed.
(du kannst auch im deutschen IL2CoD UBI Forum deine Fragen stellen, in deutsch kann ich besser antworten)

tintifaxl
08-30-2011, 07:44 AM
ok try to bombing the truck, maybe he was not 100% destroyed.
(du kannst auch im deutschen IL2CoD UBI Forum deine Fragen stellen, in deutsch kann ich besser antworten)

Ok. Discussion continues here: http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7871043264/m/8361041349

skouras
08-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Ok. Discussion continues here: http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7871043264/m/8361041349

in german :confused:

NSU
08-31-2011, 02:56 AM

no, only his problem :)

tintifaxl
08-31-2011, 07:38 AM

Yes, that's the point of it. We wanted to continue the discussion about that particular problem in german and I didn't want to clutter this forum with it.

JG53Harti
08-31-2011, 08:22 AM

Just write your question in english. I think that will be no problem there ;)

tintifaxl
08-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Cool things I spotted :cool:

- The airfields are alive and packed with objects.

- After reflying the first mission of the BF-110 campaign for the 4th or 5th time (you can't practice bombing enough ;-)) I suddenly realized the vehicle driving away from the plane is actually an empty bomb towing crawler, that had to be the vehicle that had transported the bombs I was carrying to my plane.

- On the second mission you overfly the training ground again and in the middle of it sits the smoking wreck of the truck you had to destroy in the first mission.

Sadly I have only time for one mission a day, so my progress is slow

adonys
09-16-2011, 07:16 AM
so, it's already 16th september. any news regarding the english downloadable version of this?

Raggz
09-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I wanna know to. I'm ready to hip fire my wallet!

Rince
09-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I had a look yesterday on the HP of Desastersoft that says nothing about a Download of the Expansion....All we can do, and we`re very good in that, is waiting!

Cheers!

NSU
09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
The English translation is "work in progress"
and note, i do not make the translate ;)

Continu0
09-16-2011, 01:21 PM
Hey

They probably also wait for the patch to become a full patch so they can fix bugs that are happening because of the patch.

adonys
09-16-2011, 02:02 PM
Last time you said 15th sept.. can you please give us a new estimate?

thank you!

Kobold10
09-16-2011, 04:28 PM

thank you!

As I do own a copy of the Desastersoft expansion (Wick vs. Dundas) I can recommend that type of software. Very well designed mission´s, good gameplay and very accurate briefings. (photos of objective inclusive for fighter bomber missions.)
The expansion consists of six campaigns:
1.) Fighter campaign -Helmut Wick
2.) Fighter campaign -lone wolf- featering Kanalkampf of 3.JG2 "Richthofen"
3.) Fighter bomber campaign -Erprobungsgruppe 210 (BF 110)
4.) Fighter campaign -J.C. Dundas
5.) Fighter campaign - No 609 Squadron -Spitfire--
6.) Fighter campaign - No 111 Squadron -Hurricane--

All campaigns mentioned above exist for strong systems and low powered systems. According to the developers statement the english version is still work in progress. I have no info when it´s done. Sorry for that. For the german fighter campaigns the BF 109 E3 is the aircraft beeing used. As soon as the next patch will be released the E3 will be changed into E4. Enjoy

NSU
09-17-2011, 06:15 AM

thank you!

Hi adonys

We got some Problems with the guys who did the Translation. They did not make their Job correct. So we had to search for an alternate Translator. We do official information on our HP, when we are close to ready (Beta Testing is needed, because of CS Files).

adonys
09-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Ok, Thank you!

I can participate in beta too, if you need more people for it.

NSU
09-24-2011, 12:31 PM
the Team work for a new menu layout, so we have more place for future add-ons.
please see pictures:

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/desastersoft1.jpg

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/desastersoft2.jpg

the english translate for the Add-on 1, is still in work.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-24-2011, 01:21 PM
When you buy this product please keep in mind that the handbook that comes along with it contains some pages on the history of world war II that I personally find extremely impalatable. As it is written in the text it equates revisionistic view imho.

The text says that before the war, Poland was considered a rogue state by Britain and in the text thus suggesting that attacking Poland was ok. I think this is outrageous.

It further says that annecting parts of Checkoslovakia was an injustice but then relativates it by saying that Britain had done similar things.

The textbook says that Hitler just wanted to re-establish the German borders to the situation pre-1914 neglecting all the "Lebensraum" politics propagated by Hitler.

This textbook goes on in this tone. It is imho basically suggested that WW2 was not Germany's fault or at least there had been some justifications for it. As if one injustice justifies another one ...

I think you should consider this before you go to buy this. Unfortunately I did, not being aware of this kind of message that comes along with the addon.

Gerbil Maximus
09-24-2011, 01:31 PM
That was the final nail to convince me im not buying it.
Glad i read that anyhow as it slapped me back to reality, If i buy this, im paying for things that get added on top of broken code, goes against my logic.

adonys
09-24-2011, 01:31 PM
You can look at it as role-play nazi propaganda, which I'm sure it is what actally it really is.

Things is.. there re some voices stating some alternative history unorthodox claims regrading how and why WW2 started.. and what do you know, they might even be right with one or two things..

Gerbil Maximus
09-24-2011, 01:38 PM
At the moment some might claim you to be defending nazism and the german state in the 30's & 40's.
I'm sure your not but in this politically correct "george orwell" nightmare world we live in we have to word oursleves very carefully.

NSU
09-24-2011, 01:59 PM
oh Boy`s
many english and US IL2 Pilots fly the german Plans with historic markings, when a german player make this so he is a Nazi!!!

What i will say, this handbook will show you how the german think when they beginn the war with england, why they fight with them.

And note this is a Game Add-on and yes a WWII game, you be a Nazi when you play the german side?

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-24-2011, 02:15 PM
Please go study some semantics, NSU.

The text is titled as "Historic background" and NOT: "How Germans believed at that time how WW2 started". And even if it had been labelled in this manner it is the minimum that a historic and factual text was put aside it.

As it is written it is a (fortunately still) marginal and queer and imho outrageous way of seeing things presented in a manner as if it was some historic account like any else. Imho it equates definitely to propaganda. Anyhow this kind of opinions whatever one might think about it has no place in a handbook of a game or an addon.

I now remember that once Desastersoft made itself speak of it in a similar way. I should have remembered that before buying it.

NSU
09-24-2011, 03:08 PM
Yes "Historic background" for the Game, all my Briefings are write like Luftwaffe 1940 without any discrimination!

The handbook (i do nou write it), the Briefings and all pictures are controlled by USK Nr.:30974/11
they find NO problems, so the Desastersoft product is OK for me.

when you have a problem with the handbook, put it in the drawer and play the game :)

No601_Swallow
09-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Please go study some semantics, NSU

Personally, I think it's "poor form" to criticize a non-native speaker's language skills. He's trying to communicate on this forum as best he can (and I think his point's perfectly comprehensible.)

I wonder how your German "semantics" is? (And I'm pretty sure you meant "syntax" :roll:)

As it is, I doubt very much this is "revisionist" history (haven't read it but still...), for goodness' sake. As he says, it's "role-playing", getting into the skin of an indoctrinated warrior for his fatherland, etc, etc.

Geez, is that so hard to understand?

For my part, I'll be very interested to see what they've achieved and if (and how) they've started to mine the deep seam of scripts and triggers (ie. Frog's and Ming's fabled ambulances) that have been built into this game.

No601_Swallow
09-24-2011, 03:36 PM
And another thing!

I bought this company's "Fall Blau" for IL2. I thought it was (and is) outstanding value for money. After - what - nearly a decade? - I still haven't played through all the missions and campaigns in the original, let alone the free update after - erm - was it pacific battles? Lost in the mists of forgettery...

Anyway, Fall Blau was for me a vital step up from stock single player playing (so to speak) and helped me to eventually make the jump to joining a squadron and embarrassing myself online.

I'm genuinely hoping for great things from this expansion! (Don't let me down, Knabben!)

CWMV
09-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Yes "Historic background" for the Game, all my Briefings are write like Luftwaffe 1940 without any discrimination!

The handbook (i do nou write it), the Briefings and all pictures are controlled by USK Nr.:30974/11
they find NO problems, so the Desastersoft product is OK for me.

when you have a problem with the handbook, put it in the drawer and play the game :)

Well done Sir!
Lol!

ATAG_Snapper
09-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi adonys

We got some Problems with the guys who did the Translation. They did not make their Job correct. So we had to search for an alternate Translator. We do official information on our HP, when we are close to ready (Beta Testing is needed, because of CS Files).

NSU, I will definitely be purchasing this product (and flying for the British side :) ).

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Personally, I think it's "poor form" to criticize a non-native speaker's language skills. He's trying to communicate on this forum as best he can (and I think his point's perfectly comprehensible.)

I wonder how your German "semantics" is? (And I'm pretty sure you meant "syntax" :roll:)

As it is, I doubt very much this is "revisionist" history (haven't read it but still...), for goodness' sake. As he says, it's "role-playing", getting into the skin of an indoctrinated warrior for his fatherland, etc, etc.

Geez, is that so hard to understand?

For my part, I'll be very interested to see what they've achieved and if (and how) they've started to mine the deep seam of scripts and triggers (ie. Frog's and Ming's fabled ambulances) that have been built into this game.

My criticism of language skills refered to the German handbook and NSU's interpretation of the handbook text. As NSU is fluent in German he should understand that how it is written it is definitely not in order to create some sort of "role playing feeling" nor was it marked as a description of how the German psyche was back then (please note: I don't talk about the briefings as I haven't installed the addon. I am talking about the paper handbook and the short description of historical background after their gospel). If you cannot see the difference I don't know how to explain it. Please grap the handbook and let google translate the text for you and then judge again.

BTW: I have read the text and therefore I can judge it and my judgement is that the purpose of this text in the handbook is not to put someone in a role playing mood but to relativise historic facts in favour of Germany. If it is fine for you and you still want to support these guys by buying their products ok. I for my part think that all people interested in buying this should just know what they buy so they can make a decision knowing all pros and cons. That's what this thread is about, init?

desastersoft
09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Please go study some semantics, NSU.

The text is titled as "Historic background" and NOT: "How Germans believed at that time how WW2 started". And even if it had been labelled in this manner it is the minimum that a historic and factual text was put aside it.

As it is written it is a (fortunately still) marginal and queer and imho outrageous way of seeing things presented in a manner as if it was some historic account like any else. Imho it equates definitely to propaganda. Anyhow this kind of opinions whatever one might think about it has no place in a handbook of a game or an addon.

I now remember that once Desastersoft made itself speak of it in a similar way. I should have remembered that before buying it.

Historic Facts are not Propaganda! Maybe you should take some books about the Time from 1918-1939. The World was not Black/White. And there where many things what made the War. A Good One for you: Patrick Buchanan/ Chirchill, Hitler and the unnacessery War

Sorry for my Bad English. Wir können das ja gern im Deutschen ausdiskutieren, und zwar anhand der historischen Fakten.

From the Manual/Engl. Tanslation
Events which led to the Battle of Britain

As events in August 1939 dealing with the Free City of Danzig and the corridor separating East Prussia and Danzig from the German Reich escalated, no one anticipated that a year later a situation would unfold in which the German Reich would dominate half of Europe. How did things come to this? Indeed, many factors were involved. Firstly, there were the three dictatorships: the Soviet Union, Germany and Poland. Poland up till March 1939 was considered by the Americans and British what would today be called a “rogue nation”. Between 1918, the proclamation of the renewed Polish state, and 1938, the furthest expansion of Poland, Poland had militarily attacked all of its surrounding countries and expanded its territory at the expense of the Soviet Union, Germany, Lithuania and lastly Czechoslavakia. Poland was a bomb with many fuses and suffered from self overestimation due to its victories over the Soviet Union and German in previous years. Indeed, in October 1938 Great Britain was very close to forming an alliance against Poland.

One of Hitler's main goals was the restoration of conditions as they were in 1914. A Greater Germany bounded within the borders of German and Austria. This also included that territory which was awarded to the artificial state of Czechoslavakia in 1919. With the break-up of Czechoslavakia into Slovakia and the Czech Republik (incidentally exactly the same as today, two small European nations) he recognized the possibility of bringing this Czech region back into the Reich as the protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia, as it had been for 1000 years. Anyone who says that wasn't right and Hitler should not have been allowed to do that, can be answered that this is exactly what was done by the soon to be war opponents Great Britain and France. In 1926 Great Britain annexed Egypt and made it a protectorate. India, Palastine, South Africa, Australia, indeed Britains list is long! Same with the French! So it really was not something unusual. In like manner Poland in October 1938 claimed for itself the Teschen region and the former German town of Oderberg, a not insignificant part of the Czech Republic.

Then hysteria began to break out. “Poland is going to be next” was to be heard coming from Britain. Poland itself in March 1939 mobilized against East Prussia and fired, therefore, the opening shot in the escalation towards war. In response to the mobilization of Poland the directive for “Case White”, a possible attack on Poland, was issued. Its date of issue was April 3, 1939, two weeks after the Polish mobilization. Poland dared to take this step, because Britain and France declared on March 19, 1939 an unrestricted garauntee for Polands perpetuation. In a secret amendment to this treaty it was determined that this alliance would array itself militarily against Germany. Meanwhile this pact did not direct itself against the Soviet Union. In this regard Hitler's thoughts were not without basis, that the pact was exclusively anti-German.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Please translate also the rest of it so that people can judge by themselves.

desastersoft
09-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Please translate also the rest of it so that people can judge by themselves.

You talked about that Point i posted. Your original Statement was:

41Sqn_Stormcrow
Senior Member Join Date: Jan 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you buy this product please keep in mind that the handbook that comes along with it contains some pages on the history of world war II that I personally find extremely impalatable. As it is written in the text it equates revisionistic view imho.

The text says that before the war, Poland was considered a rogue state by Britain and in the text thus suggesting that attacking Poland was ok. I think this is outrageous.

It further says that annecting parts of Checkoslovakia was an injustice but then relativates it by saying that Britain had done similar things.

The textbook says that Hitler just wanted to re-establish the German borders to the situation pre-1914 neglecting all the "Lebensraum" politics propagated by Hitler.

This textbook goes on in this tone. It is imho basically suggested that WW2 was not Germany's fault or at least there had been some justifications for it. As if one injustice justifies another one ...

I think you should consider this before you go to buy this. Unfortunately I did, not being aware of this kind of message that comes along with the addon.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now there is the Context i posted. Sorry, but i think you try a bit bashing, Sturmkrähe!

Also Sturmkrähe, wenn Du der Meinung bist, wir, oder ich, würden "Revanchismus" betreiben, wie Du dort schreibst, und Du möchtest darüber Reden, dann solltest Du auch genügend historisches Hintergrundwissen haben. Ansonsten geht das stark in Richtung Verleumdung.

robtek
09-24-2011, 06:57 PM
"political correctness" should be condemned, imo!
The people generally don't think political correct, why should the be forced to speak/post this way?

adonys
09-24-2011, 07:16 PM
I was, and still I am, against Desastersoft's Il2CoD addon high price policy, but in this, I am with them.

Things were as they were, and that's called history. It's a shame in Germany there's a law prohibiting the graphical representation of swastika (which by the way, is a waaay older mystical symbol) even in historical movies or game simulators trying to represent the history of those times.

In my opinion, it has exactly the contrary effect: instead helping us to remember those times, will in fact make us forget them.. Politically correctness is a strange, stupid thing by which you impose the fears and frustrations of minorities over the majority, which is a sick and perverse thing to begin with and should in fact be forbidden!!

And lastly, it show disrespect to those people: they've fought and died for what they believed in, no matter how wrong that belief was (or wasn't).. are you ready to do the same?!!

After WWI Germany was brought on its knees, lots of its territory ripped of by its neighbors, and population was enslaved and forced to pay insane war compensations.. for the german people, WWII was a war to free themselves and get their own territory back and make things right (read it as in to obtain a fair war end deal, not the mockery which was forced on them at the end of WWII). Would you deem that as wrong?!!

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-24-2011, 07:44 PM
"political correctness" should be condemned, imo!
The people generally don't think political correct, why should the be forced to speak/post this way?

robtek, the problem arises particularly when it is not apparant as an opinion but presented as facts. That is exactly the problem with the handbook. If they had written: In our opinion this happened this way or that way. But that is exactly what they did not do.

As I think you are a very intelligent guy I think you know that by omitting certain information or by using specific argumentation and phrases things can get a very different meaning and direction.

The easiest thing for them would have been to just leave out any historic background in the leaflet or referred just to a short timeline. But they decided otherwise and wrote their vision of things there in a very particular way.

NedLynch
09-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Sooo....any eta on the downloadable release of the expansion? :grin:

robtek
09-24-2011, 10:15 PM
And where is the problem with that??
The possible readers are usually mature, with a founded knowledge, and not easily swayed from their path.
At the best the readers are researching for themselves what happened, regarding to different historicans.
We have democracies here, where censorship is usually frowned upon, yet you are condemning Desastersoft for presenting a different, but quite legal, view at history.

No601_Swallow
09-24-2011, 10:22 PM
My criticism of language skills refered to the German handbook and NSU's interpretation of the handbook text.

No it didn't.

And I haven't studied European history since 6th form in the early 80's, but I still remember my history teacher (who served in the war) summarising it all as there basically being two solutions to "the German Problem" (which is that there are basically too many German speakers in Europe - so there is always going to be a structural imbalance.

There were two solutions. Bismarck tried the first: a "Klein" Deutsch solution - a small state that excluded all the bits that Hitler later tried to incorporate into his "Gross" Deutsch solution - in which all ethnic/linguistic/arian Germans would be united in his "reich". So according to my history teacher, Hitler tried the solution that Bismarck rejected. Then, of course, came the insanity.

[Another interesting take on WW2 comes from Niall Furgusson, the Scottish historian, who states convincingly that from an economic point of view, the Nazis were buggered before they began. The last thing they needed was "liebensraum". What they needed was cheap immigrant labour to support their heavy industries. (They half achieved this through slavery during the war.) They also needed markets for their goods, which war stopped. They were basically like George Osborne (or Gordon Brown). So, it was always economically inevitable that they'd lose the war.]

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-24-2011, 11:50 PM
And where is the problem with that??
The possible readers are usually mature, with a founded knowledge, and not easily swayed from their path.
At the best the readers are researching for themselves what happened, regarding to different historicans.
We have democracies here, where censorship is usually frowned upon, yet you are condemning Desastersoft for presenting a different, but quite legal, view at history.

And where is the probleem with that??

We have democracies here, where censorship is usually frowned upon, yet you are condemning me for making public what is inside the handbook and how I interpret it?

I still think that potential buyers should be informed about what they might find inside. Then it is up to them to decide. That is what the whole thread is about. Well, at least it was until recently.

Gerbil Maximus
09-25-2011, 07:23 AM
After WWI Germany was brought on its knees, lots of its territory ripped of by its neighbors, and population was enslaved and forced to pay insane war compensations..

Why did that happen, oh yeah because the nation was in the directly responsible for the progression from political actions to warfare, resulting in the deaths of millions of people. Sympathy wasnt on the minds of the nations that had sacrificed millions in the conflict.

Is this view ment to be written as a characters view point? if so then its acceptable when placed as opinion.

If its placed as matter of fact history then surely its clearly untrue and quite simply an extension of what the people of Germany were told by the nazi regime to justify the taking of poland and czechoslovakia?

robtek
09-25-2011, 09:00 AM
If its placed as matter of fact history then surely its clearly untrue and quite simply an extension of what the people of Germany were told by the nazi regime to justify the taking of poland and czechoslovakia?

That was your answer to:

After WWI Germany was brought on its knees, lots of its territory ripped of by its neighbors, and population was enslaved and forced to pay insane war compensations..
written by Adonys.

Which part of that is untrue?

The French used german "slave" labour in the rhineland.
Germany lost territories, i.e. all the colonies.
Germany had to pay immense reparations.

adonys
09-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Why did that happen, oh yeah because the nation was in the directly responsible for the progression from political actions to warfare, resulting in the deaths of millions of people. Sympathy wasnt on the minds of the nations that had sacrificed millions in the conflict.

Is this view ment to be written as a characters view point? if so then its acceptable when placed as opinion.

well, actually, after a war, if you want peace and pretend you are not a slaver country, you would offer fair terms for the defeated nation to can cope with. if you offer them enslavement and death, why it seem to you so out-of-the-ordinary for the enslaved county to revolt, if they have the guts to rather prefer death to enslavement?!!

germany was offered none at the end of WWI, so it was the perfect natural thing every sane mind would have to expect from them, namely rise again in war to obtain human peace settlements..

your history learned you some things.. but what if they are not really like that?!!

here's for you some food of thought, go search the internet for information and use your own brain to try to decide which of them are looking as to have really happened:
- it seems that Poland was kind of rogue state before WWII, and was deploying concentration camps in which the german population from german territories occupied by Poland at the end of WWI was exterminated, resulting in Germany attacking Poland to stop this (should it be really a coincidence the fact that most of the german WWII concentration camps were actually situated in Poland?!!)
- Britain starting the night bombing campaign over german cities (ie civil targets), as being the only thing they could do to hurt Germany at the time, and the odious german fuhrer refusing to pay them with the same coin for more than a month or two, until it could bear it no more, and started the british cities bombing campaign (namely London).. just to have the british cry outraged to the whole world how the cruel germans were hitting their civil tragets
- Britain civil casualties for the whole WWII are like 67.000 people.. while only in the dresden the infamous allied bombing raids killed around 200000 people.. yet the german are the criminal ones
- The allied (phosphorus) bombing campaign over german civil targets in order to destroy their homes and therefore obliterate their morale and resolution to continue the war, killing german civilians in their hundreds of thousands, and obliterating most of the german cities from the face of the earth and leaving most of german population without homes was never condemned as war crimes.. yet german leaders were condemned at Nurenberg as war criminals
- Eisenhower's DEF camps a the end of the war, in which between 900000 and 1700000 german POWs were starved to their deaths
- the most incredible of them all.. until you start digging for truth..: it seems that there were no systemaic mass gas executions campaign in german concentration camps, but just allied post war victory propaganda (skeleton like humans pictures were in fact presenting typhus infected prisoners, germans actually using cyclone B gas to disinfect the clothes of the prisoners in order to stop typhus disease and fleas spreading, clothes disinfection chambers actually having metal sealing doors and gas evacuation systems, while the alleged human gas chambers were not having those, huge gas chambers output bins presented as so after the war are not appearing in allied reconnaissance photos from 1945, mass normal looking like prisoners (not starved) from german concentration camps at liberation, and so on..)

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-25-2011, 10:08 AM
- it seems that Poland was kind of rogue state before WWII, and was deploying concentration camp in which the german population from german territories occupied by Poland at the end of WWI was exterminated, resulting in Germany attacking Poland to stop this (should it be really a coincidence the fact that most of the german WWII concentration camps were actually situated in Poland?!!)

Now for this you definitely have to provide proof sources (but please none from NPD et al). My German grandparents lived in these occupied territories and they were at very good terms with their Polish neighbours. I don't say there had been no conflicts but from there to make allegations that there had been an extermination plan by Poland there is a distance larger than that from Earth to Mars.

- Eisenhower's DEF camps a the end of the war, in which between 900000 and 1700000 german POWs were starved to their deaths

So basically it was in some sort of "allied death camps" that one fifth of all military death in Germany were killed? Doesn't sound very realistic ...

Britain civil casualties for the whole WWII are like 67.000 people.. while only in the dresden the infamous allied bombing raids killed around 200000 people.. yet the german are the criminal ones

All readers please beware: The source of this number of dead at Dresden is no one less than Goebbels himself. Serious historians concord that it was less. It does not make wrong or right the bombing which is another debate. What I find here very much debatable though is that some want to relativise by comparing numbers of dead which does absolute dishonour to the dead on both sides. I refute this kind of approach.

- the most incredible of them all.. until you start digging for truth..: it seems that there were no mass gas executions in german concentration camps, but just allied pot war victory propaganda (skeleton like humans pictures were in fact presenting typhus infected prisoners, germans actually using cyclone B gas to disinfect the clothes of the prisoners in order to stop typhus disease and fleas spreading, clothes disinfection chambers actually having metal sealing doors and gas evacuation systems, while the alleged human gas chambers were not having those, huge gas chambers output bins presented as so after the war are not appearing in allied reconnaissance photos from 1945, and so on..)

This is Holocaus denial and some more revisionist crap usually coming from neonazis or the Iranian government ...
And of course the thousands of survivors and witnesses that had gone through the Shoah were all bought by MI6 and CIA. Some tattooed themselves etc. What utter crap. You probably also believe that man had never been on the Moon or the Americans were behind 9/11.

I am really speechless what I have to read. Well, some show their true colours at last.

adonys
09-25-2011, 10:38 AM
seeking for truth doesn't make you have colors, sir.

Eisenhower's DEF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmed_Enemy_Forces).. official Wikipedia link..

"Disarmed Enemy Forces (DEF), and—less commonly[1]—Surrendered Enemy Forces, was a U.S. designation, both for soldiers who surrendered to an adversary after hostilities ended, and for those previously surrendered POWs who were held in camps in occupied German territory at that time.[2] It is mainly referenced to Dwight D. Eisenhower's designation of German prisoners in post World War II occupied Germany.[3] Because of the logistical impossibility of feeding millions of surrendered German soldiers at the levels required by the Geneva Convention during the food crisis of 1945, the purpose of the designation—along with the British designation of Surrendered Enemy Personnel (SEP)—was to prevent categorization of the prisoners as Prisoners of War (POW) under the 1929 Geneva Convention"..

"After the DEF designations were made in the early summer of 1945, the International Red Cross was not permitted to fully involve itself in the situation in camps containing German prisoners (POWs, DEFs or SEPs), some of which initially were Rheinwiesenlager transit camps, and even though conditions in them gradually improved, "even the most conservative estimates put the death toll in French camps alone at over 16,500 in 1945""

"Most captives of the Americans and the British were released by the end of 1948, and most of those in French and Soviet captivity were released by the end of 1949, although the last big release occurred in 1956. According to the section of the German Red Cross dealing with tracing the captives, the ultimate fate of 1,300,000 German POW's in Allied custody is still unknown; they are still officially listed as missing.[41]"

they were thought during the following 50 years to be lost to the russians.. but.. recently russians opened their WWII camp prisoner files, and those were not in there..
and don't even try to say russian were trying to hide this number, as they haven't tried to hide all the others which were really attributed to them neither..

or is the german post-war red cross nazi-colored (as you imply by your words) to you too?!!

Yes, the 200.000 killed in dresden is a german WWII official casualty tall (though your Goebells naming of it is tendentious). the official allied post war one is around 25.000.. yet even 25k is more than 1/3 from the WHOLE british WWII civil casualties.. in a single bombing raid over a single german town..

Readers beware: go read official wikipedia "RAF strategic bombing during the Second World War" and the whole World War II city bombing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_bombing_during_World_War_II).. a few allied "humanitarian" bombings: Tokio (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Tokyo_in_World_War_II) (march 1945 100k people died in a single allied firebombing), Hiroshima & Nagasaki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki) (90,000–166,000 killed in Hiroshima, 60,000–80,000 killed in Nagasaki), Hamburg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gomorrah#Battle_of_Hamburg), (read the allied name of this operation, ie a biblical city name obliterated with all its inhabitants by God's wrath! "killing 42,600 civilians and wounding 37,000 in Hamburg and practically destroying the entire city. The unusually warm weather and good conditions meant that the bombing was highly concentrated around the intended targets and also created a vortex and whirling updraft of super-heated air which created a 1,500-foot-high tornado of fire, a totally unexpected effect"), Dresden (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Dresden_in_World_War_II) (25k) and so on..

also, you seem to overlook the words I've used when presenting those of the points which are still in debate (for example "it seems that there was no systematic mass gas executions campaign in german concentration camps..")

everyone knows that history is written by the victors.. the whole human history is filled up with this.. but that doesn't mean bits f truth can not be surfaced, or that we should not try to ever find them..

I just presented those as food for thought and personal investigation.. have you done this? or it is just your "history" outrage talking for you?

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-25-2011, 11:20 AM
I think you made it very clear to the readers of this forum what kind of thinking you follow.

For those interested to this >1 Mio prisonners were starved to death by Western allied. This is a hypothesis published by Mr. Bacque in a book repeatedly refuted by recognized historians. See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_Losses

I think I do not need to link anything about Shoah, as there can be no doubt that there had been a huge extermination plan put into action killing millions by Germany at that time.

adonys
09-25-2011, 11:35 AM
of course they were "refuted" by "recognized historians".. again, always history is written by the victors.

here's a link regarding the pre-WWII polish atrocities: Polish Atrocities against the German minority in Poland pre-WWII (http://www.jrbooksonline.com/polish_atrocities.htm), and another one regarding general WWII atrocities (http://members.iinet.net.au/~gduncan/massacres_east.html).

it's a theory, which most probably will never be proved, even if it might be real. but you can try to read, and make some personal opinion about it.

also, your attitude, tone and implies are disturbing: I am no nazi, and have nothing to do with them. I do not think that german race is a superior race, and everyone else should go to dirt. I'm not even a german for that!

I do not believe nazis and germans were angels, and haven't committed atrocities during WWII, but I also do not believe the allies to be the divine peace messengers they were posing into.. each nation has his own scum, sick people enjoying doing bad things on other people, and unfortunately those are the real culprits for these.

I just want to know the truth, not just blindly accept propaganda, no matter which color or side that propaganda is. I want to ask questions and learn to use my brain, not sheepingly accept everything others want me to believe is the truth.

robtek
09-25-2011, 12:34 PM
I think you made it very clear to the readers of this forum what kind of thinking you follow.

For those interested to this >1 Mio prisonners were starved to death by Western allied. This is a hypothesis published by Mr. Bacque in a book repeatedly refuted by recognized historians. See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Other_Losses

I think I do not need to link anything about Shoah, as there can be no doubt that there had been a huge extermination plan put into action killing millions by Germany at that time.

You should also post the line above the mentioned article:

Unbalanced scales.svg
The neutrality of this article is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (January 2009)

desastersoft
09-25-2011, 02:34 PM
For Clearence:
The German Historian Commission who stated, that at Dresden where killed "only 25.000" Citizens, was not an independend Commission!

The "Body Count" was made by the "Books of Dead" of Dresden in 1945.
Stormcrow, if you set this Equal to Auschwitz, than you will find out what Number of killed People?
To help you out: The Soviet Army set the Body Count by Books of Dead to 74.000 People. Do you now believe, that only 74.000 People died in Auschwitz? In 1945 the international Red Cross numbered the Cassulties in Dresden by 220.000 People (aafter the War).
Dr. Goebbels personal Diary (i am owning a complete Edition) is talkíng about some between 250.000 - 200.000 People by the Statement of the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (German military High Command). This was not used in Propaganda, just to say it, its the private Diary.

If you do body count, please do it in the same way to all war opponents. Just for fairness ;).

Gerbil Maximus
09-25-2011, 02:39 PM
well, actually, after a war, if you want peace and pretend you are not a slaver country, you would offer fair terms for the defeated nation to can cope with. if you offer them enslavement and death, why it seem to you so out-of-the-ordinary for the enslaved county to revolt, if they have the guts to rather prefer death to enslavement?!!

germany was offered none at the end of WWI, so it was the perfect natural thing every sane mind would have to expect from them, namely rise again in war to obtain human peace settlements..

your history learned you some things.. but what if they are not really like that?!!

here's for you some food of thought, go search the internet for information and use your own brain to try to decide which of them are looking as to have really happened:
- it seems that Poland was kind of rogue state before WWII, and was deploying concentration camps in which the german population from german territories occupied by Poland at the end of WWI was exterminated, resulting in Germany attacking Poland to stop this (should it be really a coincidence the fact that most of the german WWII concentration camps were actually situated in Poland?!!)
- Britain starting the night bombing campaign over german cities (ie civil targets), as being the only thing they could do to hurt Germany at the time, and the odious german fuhrer refusing to pay them with the same coin for more than a month or two, until it could bear it no more, and started the british cities bombing campaign (namely London).. just to have the british cry outraged to the whole world how the cruel germans were hitting their civil tragets
- Britain civil casualties for the whole WWII are like 67.000 people.. while only in the dresden the infamous allied bombing raids killed around 200000 people.. yet the german are the criminal ones
- The allied (phosphorus) bombing campaign over german civil targets in order to destroy their homes and therefore obliterate their morale and resolution to continue the war, killing german civilians in their hundreds of thousands, and obliterating most of the german cities from the face of the earth and leaving most of german population without homes was never condemned as war crimes.. yet german leaders were condemned at Nurenberg as war criminals
- the most incredible of them all.. until you start digging for truth..: it seems that there were no systemaic mass gas executions campaign in german concentration camps, but just allied post war victory propaganda (skeleton like humans pictures were in fact presenting typhus infected prisoners, germans actually using cyclone B gas to disinfect the clothes of the prisoners in order to stop typhus disease and fleas spreading, clothes disinfection chambers actually having metal sealing doors and gas evacuation systems, while the alleged human gas chambers were not having those, huge gas chambers output bins presented as so after the war are not appearing in allied reconnaissance photos from 1945, mass normal looking like prisoners (not starved) from german concentration camps at liberation, and so on..)

Germany was treated so badly after WW1 cos guess what they started a war that virtually destroyed Europe, and add to it they displayed many times (like in WW2) tutonic brutality towards anyone civilians included.

Germany Bombed London by mistake when a He111 got lost. The RAF retailiated and bombed Berlin. Georing being the hot head that he was retaliated with mass raids on London. Thus starting the Blitz of London.

So what if you have rouge states that do bad things, is that the excuse to start world war 2 and destory Millions of lives including Germans?

You cannot justify in any shape or form what Nazisim did in Europe or to the Jewish people anymore than i cannot justify what bomber command did to dresden, but the difference is i can say it would never have happened in Hitler and others had not invaded poland etc.

Its clear you are a holocaust denier, even though your up against an insurmountable amount of evidence.

Dude you will not make me feel sorry for the people in Germany who perpertrated such evil.

I cannot believe I am actually reading this. :shock: You sound like the people who lived next door to Belsen and pretended they had no idea.

Believe me I understand a thing or two about warfare and know bad stuff happens on both sides, but you are living a fantasy if you think the treaty was unnecessarily harsh.

pupo162
09-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Dude you will not make me feel sorry for the people in Germany who perpertrated such evil.

here you lost it :rolleyes:

desastersoft
09-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Maximus, if you talk so, you should tell both sides of the Medal:
Germany did not beginn WW I!

Austria Decleared War to Serbia for the killing of Prince Ferdinand in Sarajevo.
Russia Decleared War to Austria for the Alliance with Serbia
Germany Decleared War to Russia, if they wont Reinforce the Russian German Boarder. Same to France, if France will not reinforce the Boarder. (Demobilisation). Both Countrys, Russia and France, did not take away the Troops from the German Boarder.
At August 1st Russian Troops do the First Attack in World War I to East Prussia.
Britain Decleared War to Germany because of the War between France and Germany and the German invasion to Belgium, what was a follow of the Conflict between Britain and Germany to guarant the Belgium Boarder by all Partys. Britain did not. So Germany did not. Only France did.

That is the Line of the Beginning of the World War I.

Another Point where you are wrong: RAF did the First attacks on Germany in March 1940. Targets where Collon, Essen, and Dortmund. Targetting only Civil Buildings.

Another point is: Why do you think World War II started at September 1st 1939??? This was not the Date where World War II started. At this time it was only the conflict between Poland/Britain and France and on the ohter Side Germany and the Soviet Union. (Yes Sir, Germany and SU where allied at this Time). This was till December 1941 (at latest) an european (hot) War.

Gerbil Maximus
09-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Not interested in discussing any further mate count me out.

@ Pupo, by people i ment the Nazis.

41Sqn_Stormcrow
09-25-2011, 03:18 PM
For Clearence:
The German Historian Commission who stated, that at Dresden where killed "only 25.000" Citizens, was not an independend Commission!

The "Body Count" was made by the "Books of Dead" of Dresden in 1945.
Stormcrow, if you set this Equal to Auschwitz, than you will find out what Number of killed People?
To help you out: The Soviet Army set the Body Count by Books of Dead to 74.000 People. Do you now believe, that only 74.000 People died in Auschwitz? In 1945 the international Red Cross numbered the Cassulties in Dresden by 220.000 People (aafter the War).
Dr. Goebbels personal Diary (i am owning a complete Edition) is talkíng about some between 250.000 - 200.000 People by the Statement of the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht (German military High Command). This was not used in Propaganda, just to say it, its the private Diary.

If you do body count, please do it in the same way to all war opponents. Just for fairness ;).

Well, body count was begun by adonys, someone with more than questionable hypothesises ...

... and you continue. Speaks louder than words.

desastersoft
09-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Well, body count was begun by adonys, someone with more than questionable hypothesises ...

... and you continue. Speaks louder than words.

Okay, if i call you for fair Statement, i am the Bad Guy :grin:... LOL...

You are one of those Persons, what never made any historical research but talking about others. Do one Time an independent historical research about the Time between the Wars. If you do not have the ability about the Matirial, i will help you out, just ask and stop blaming, please.

adonys
09-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Germany was treated so badly after WW1 cos guess what they started a war that virtually destroyed Europe, and add to it they displayed many times (like in WW2) tutonic brutality towards anyone civilians included.

Germany Bombed London by mistake when a He111 got lost. The RAF retailiated and bombed Berlin. Georing being the hot head that he was retaliated with mass raids on London. Thus starting the Blitz of London.

So what if you have rouge states that do bad things, is that the excuse to start world war 2 and destory Millions of lives including Germans?

your WWI history seems to be a "little" bit hazy at least.. WWII one too, for one claiming he knows and understands WWII warfare..

RAF bomber command started bombing german cities way before battle of britain or london's blitz.. and in your vision, the berlin bombing night raid was a proper response justified by the criminal action of the lost ju88 who dropped his bombs to escape some british fighters' attack (it was a ju88 actually commanded by commanded by major Rudolf Hallensleben, not a he111; and it was the infuriated Hitler the one ordering Luftwaffe to start bombing London and british civilian targets, not Goering).. interesting..

"RAF Bomber Command's policy in particular would attempt to achieve victory through the destruction of civilian will, communications and industry.. Contrary to popular belief, the Luftwaffe did not have a systematic policy of what became known as "terror bombing". Evidence suggests that not until 1942 did the Luftwaffe adopt an official bombing policy in which civilians became the primary target." wiki quote..

read here.. The Blitz (http://www.heretical.com/miscellx/blitz.html)..

NSU
09-28-2011, 07:02 AM
A Short developement update about Gameplay:

Dimitri was hard working on the new ingame style. Christian made Ranks and Medals (very good looking!) close to ready, but WIP yet. In between the next two weeks the Database with the Gaming System will be implemented to the Desastersoft Add On Structure. Planed is, that for every option in the difficulty settings, that will be diabled, you have to do 25% more work to get medals or promotion. The Gameplay is based on "Dead is Dead" anyway. Be sure, POW and MIA is also implemented ;).

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/01.jpg

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/02.jpg

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/03.jpg

tintifaxl
09-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Wow, I guess I'll wait for that and the CloD patch before starting the Wick campaign. That campaign system is what I had expected to be included in the initial release of CloD. And now a third party delivers. Thank you guys!

Suggestion: make the Dead is Dead feature an option, when starting the campaign. Which difficulty settings affect the work load? As the clouds eat up much resources, I wouldn't like to have this counting too.

adonys
09-28-2011, 08:32 AM
any word regarding the english version, please?

NSU
09-28-2011, 08:46 AM
English translation is still WIP, we have many Briefings, in Game Text and Handbook to translate, this need some time, sorry

adonys
09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
a question then..

can you ask if you can offer the holders of the german version of this addon a free access to the future-to-be-ready english translation, please?

because it means one can play with the german one until the english one is ready, without having to pay twice for it..

NSU
09-28-2011, 10:16 AM
a question then..

can you ask if you can offer the holders of the german version of this addon a free access to the future-to-be-ready english translation, please?

because it means one can play with the german one until the english one is ready, without having to pay twice for it..

no, the english version is separate, so no english update for german version.

senseispcc
09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
I have it since two days after the official release and it is a good quality raf Campaigns Idid not try the German ones the only critic I have it is all in German but I did know it when I did buy it! Othershise there are regulare updates and no big problems in the in game scenarios. I like it.:grin:

ATAG_Snapper
09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I have it since two days after the official release and it is a good quality raf Campaigns Idid not try the German ones the only critic I have it is all in German but I did know it when I did buy it! Othershise there are regulare updates and no big problems in the in game scenarios. I like it.:grin:

Thanks for that, Senseispcc. I'll have to keep checking this forum and SimHQ for some of your excellent screenshots in this Campaign! :)

I plan to order the English version when released. Hopefully there'll be a downloadable version!

Mr Greezy
09-28-2011, 04:15 PM
your WWI history seems to be a "little" bit hazy at least.. WWII one too, for one claiming he knows and understands WWII warfare..

RAF bomber command started bombing german cities way before battle of britain or london's blitz.. and in your vision, the berlin bombing night raid was a proper response justified by the criminal action of the lost ju88 who dropped his bombs to escape some british fighters' attack (it was a ju88 actually commanded by commanded by major Rudolf Hallensleben, not a he111; and it was the infuriated Hitler the one ordering Luftwaffe to start bombing London and british civilian targets, not Goering).. interesting..

"RAF Bomber Command's policy in particular would attempt to achieve victory through the destruction of civilian will, communications and industry.. Contrary to popular belief, the Luftwaffe did not have a systematic policy of what became known as "terror bombing". Evidence suggests that not until 1942 did the Luftwaffe adopt an official bombing policy in which civilians became the primary target." wiki quote..

read here.. The Blitz (http://www.heretical.com/miscellx/blitz.html)..

While I'm with you on the WWII business, I think Gerbil's assessment of WWI isn't incorrect. Germany was indeed suffering after WWI -- everyone was, but they the worst (due to reparations, immense limitations, and Europe's effect of America's Great Depression). Also, it's well documented that in both world wars there was a difference in military thinking between the Brits, French, Americans, Germans, Japanese, Italians, everyone. The Germans consistently displayed their fondness for strict discipline, complete hierarchical command, and tactical coolness (meaning that if this bad thing needed to be done in order to allow this good thing to happen, so bet it).

I'm not saying that there isn't any cross pollination between the thinking of any of the involved nations, I'm also not trying to pick a fight, I'm just saying the guy wasn't all that far off.

As for the stray Heinkel, yeah, I'm with you on that. Not how the capital city bombing campaigns started.

EDIT: I'm also coming in late to this post, so don't take this as me trying to rile anyone up, honestly. I also don't know if Gerbil was listing those reasons as "why WWII started". Oh God, please don't flame me.

NedLynch
09-28-2011, 10:56 PM
English translation is still WIP, we have many Briefings, in Game Text and Handbook to translate, this need some time, sorry

Nice update, hoping for the english downloadable version soon, but by all means take your time to get it right :grin:.

NSU
09-30-2011, 07:47 AM
here a small update for the Medals:

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/O_01.jpg
http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/O_02.jpg

adonys
10-15-2011, 01:54 AM
It's 15th Oct already'. Do you guys have any news/ETA regarding the english version for this, please?!!

el0375
10-15-2011, 04:27 PM
@ adonys
regarding post 158 i think, what sources you can provide?

adonys
10-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Search the net for sources.

And you can start by reading this, for example. Actually, all of you should really read it..

The Origins of the Second World War [A.J.P. Taylor]: wikipaedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._P._Taylor#The_Origins_of_the_Second_World_Wa r), google books (http://books.google.com/books?id=50OVGzQ-GooC)

CWMV
10-16-2011, 04:23 PM
@ adonys
regarding post 158 i think, what sources you can provide?

Oh my lord...a holocaust denier? Wow...
I'll agree that there is no one more responsible for WW2 than Clemenceau, but the rest of that post is filled with misinformation typically associated with white supremecy groups.

Adonys I'm betting you have a copy of "The protocols of the elders of Zion" in your nightstand.

MD_Titus
10-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Search the net for sources.

And you can start by reading this, for example. Actually, all of you should really read it..

The Origins of the Second World War [A.J.P. Taylor]: wikipaedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._P._Taylor#The_Origins_of_the_Second_World_Wa r), google books (http://books.google.com/books?id=50OVGzQ-GooC)

so wait, after ww1 the allies subjugate germany (this is actually a fact, let's start within the realms of reason after all), and that justifies them setting up concentration camps, where people weren't actually systematically exterminated at all?

wow.

adonys
10-16-2011, 09:15 PM
guys, don't read more than I've wrote..

I don't have that book, and I even not read it yet. and I do not deny the holocaust, and I will not deny it until it is proved that it actually wasn't such a thing, I just said that a deeper look seems to be needed in it, that's all. you agree that looking for what really happened, searching for the truth, no matter which that truth is, is a desirable and moral quest, right? and is the base of history science, this search, record and preserve of the actual facts and truth, and not of any kind of propaganda rubbish.. and if the result is that something like holocaust wasn't really happening, they I'll always prefer the truth, than "cool" and easy believes.

concentration camps used for extermination (not simple concentration camps), are horrible, no matter who were the ones using them (and that include american concentration camps used for extermination, or the soviet ones). there's no justification for such a thing.

and please don't hijack this thread, it does not deserve it. it had enough of that until now.

NedLynch
10-16-2011, 09:25 PM
It's 15th Oct already'. Do you guys have any news/ETA regarding the english version for this, please?!!

I'd like to know as well, the english downloadable version that is.
1 Is it going to be available at all?
2 As asked, an eta?

Thanks for any updates on this :grin:.

robtek
10-16-2011, 10:28 PM
so wait, after ww1 the allies subjugate germany (this is actually a fact, let's start within the realms of reason after all), and that justifies them setting up concentration camps, where people weren't actually systematically exterminated at all?

wow.

Harebrained reasoning!

_79_dev
10-17-2011, 11:17 PM
During my education history of my country(poLand) was rewritten 3 times, so all history science and documents and etc. depend on political options that are in charge... What I have learned from history lessons is...don't trust any history book or historian from your own country, learn history of other countries so You can compare knowledge and eventually compare it...

adonys
10-18-2011, 04:27 PM
They've updated the campaign with patch 2 for the new IL2CoD v1.05.15950, adding the E4.

no word on the english version thought.. :(

el0375
10-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Edit : was offtopic

CWMV
10-19-2011, 02:10 PM
i just had a genuine curiosity to see different opinions, different points of view, (maybe wrong) and compare it .
nevertheless
'oh my lord....a holococaust denier? wow...'
i dont know how you have the certainity of knowing me, your comment towards me is pathetic and making a judgement of me just by a single post that actually i was just asking a question.

its just about this post, i never had a problem with you and wish not to have any

Lol!
Sorry but who the heck are you?

NSU
11-04-2011, 04:11 PM
hi all
here a Update from Desastersoft for the Career and medal system

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Akte.jpg

Features of Career System:

Earn Medals by destroying enemy Aircraft, Ground Targets or an combination of both
Earn Ranks by Points. Every destroyed Target gives Points, but most points you get for accomplished Missions
Click on Pilot Photo and select own from any Place of your Hard Disk.
Click on Medal and you get a larger Picture on the left and a statement, for what you get the Medal, on the right

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Bildauswahl.jpg

All this is based on an own Database and based on "Streak". If you die, you have to begin again from Mission 1. DiD.

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Orden.jpg
the team work for a english translate, it come out when all is ready (sorry it need some time)

here two sample videos from the Erpr.Gr.210 Campaign (older Desastersoft Version)

Mission1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs_lVD85tEU

Mission7:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szx5lfFFeg4

desastersoft
11-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Hello Folks!

Sorry, but we have been fooled twice by Translators for Wick vs. Dundas. Now we must make a cut, because it is too expensive and we do not think that there are enough customers that want to by this expansion. The Sales figures will not cover the costs.
So the Add On will be available in German only as Boxed Version.

Sorry, but thats fact.
Cheers
Thomas

Havoc04
11-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Well i guess that is bad news.. BUT let this be a warning to you sir ! That the English community in this type of product IS very high. And if you don't cater for both sides of the fence then you wont get ANY interest at all.. Those are the Facts.. As you say !
And if you don't wish to do a English version, then how do you know what the sales won't be? Sounds to me that it basically comes down to not wishing to do it properly in the 1st place, or it would've been more excitable on you're part. Pity really. If there were to be a English version, i probably would a purchased it!

Skoshi Tiger
11-19-2011, 03:51 AM
Well i guess that is bad news.. BUT let this be a warning to you sir ! That the English community in this type of product IS very high. And if you don't cater for both sides of the fence then you wont get ANY interest at all.. Those are the Facts.. As you say !
And if you don't wish to do a English version, then how do you know what the sales won't be? Sounds to me that it basically comes down to not wishing to do it properly in the 1st place, or it would've been more excitable on you're part. Pity really. If there were to be a English version, i probably would a purchased it!

Desatersoft have been around for a while and are more than capable of determining their market and performing a cost/benifit analysis for their products. They are in a better position than any of us to determine if they will make a profit or not.

pupo162
11-19-2011, 08:04 AM
just offer a free version of the pack to whoever translates it to english. everyone will be happy then

NedLynch
11-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Great :(

So that is it for me and others in NA then as far as the expansion is concerned. Even if we were willing to get the german version (not sure if it is compatible with the english version of the sim) Desastersoft does not have NA as a shipping location in it's store.

Been waiting obviously for the english downloadable version.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
11-19-2011, 10:23 PM
Hard to say this,but the whole reason behind the lack of customers not falling over themselves wanting to buy you're expansion is that it costs just as much as the initial software itself,which is mad.

I'm sorry to hear your news but at the same time not surprised;)

Skoshi Tiger
11-19-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear your news but at the same time not surprised

+1

With all the negative views expressed on forums, you can't blame third party developers for standing back and not investing in the sim.

Cheers!

Bussard_1
11-19-2011, 11:06 PM
NSU,
please can you tell me whether this Expansion will work with an English install?
I do understand that the Expansion is in German only. I am prepared to try it on an English install if it works that way.
I will just have to relearn German.
Thanks for providing the Expansion .

MfG,
Kais.

KeBrAnTo
11-20-2011, 08:26 AM
This 'expansion' is just some extra-missions, no point to pay for that IMHO.

robtek
11-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Another one spoiled by 1946.

But even for 1946, with millions of free mission packs, there were people not satisfied with second best, willing to wade through tons of, lets say : less well made missions, to find the diamond in the rough.
I, for my part; find it pretty difficult to get a mission pack on the quality level of the desastersoft products.
But there are always people who pinch every penny. :D

Plt Off JRB Meaker
11-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Mmm.....not sure when it was you climbed out of your cryogenic tank Rob,but there's a worldwide recession on here now friend,if it were just mere pennies we were discussing I don't think it would be such a problem:-)

NSU
11-22-2011, 01:53 PM
NSU,
please can you tell me whether this Expansion will work with an English install?
I do understand that the Expansion is in German only. I am prepared to try it on an English install if it works that way.
I will just have to relearn German.
Thanks for providing the Expansion .

MfG,
Kais.

yes it work with English Clod, but you have some problems to understand the commands to win the Mission.
You must understand a little German.

Raggz
11-22-2011, 03:56 PM
It's beyond my understanding why you don't offer a digital download purchase. I would save 15 euro. I would pay the 24 euro but with the additional 15 euro for shipping the expansion is way to expensive. I would also get additional customs taxes. I can get a full AAA title for that price.

Sorry, but this kind of sales marketing is ridiculous and you guys are actually hurting your own company. You need to change your policy if you want to earn money.

Davy TASB
11-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Hello Folks!

Sorry, but we have been fooled twice by Translators for Wick vs. Dundas. Now we must make a cut, because it is too expensive and we do not think that there are enough customers that want to by this expansion. The Sales figures will not cover the costs.

Sorry, but thats fact.
Cheers
Thomas

It's your loss, mate!
That said, you're probably right that you wont sell many copies though because your product is simply too expensive. Some new games are cheaper than your add on.

Never mind eh!

adonys
12-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Hello Folks!

Sorry, but thats fact.
Cheers
Thomas

was kind of expecting this, with all the silence surrounding it.

what about let us translate it, then? and make a 3rd party pack which can be put over the original german, so it could be played in english?

BPickles
12-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Because if they did that they couldn't ask people to pay for it after getting free help.

adonys
12-13-2011, 08:11 AM
they will continue to sell the german version. the 3rd party english translation pack will be installed over that.

von Pilsner
12-13-2011, 10:23 AM
what about let us translate it, then? and make a 3rd party pack which can be put over the original german, so it could be played in english?

I think that is a great idea, it wouldn't exactly ruin the campaign to have the text (only) available on the internet, a digital download version of the add-on would be nice too. :D

Because if they did that they couldn't ask people to pay for it after getting free help.

Yes they could; simply sign away your rights to the translation to Desatersoft or do a work for hire contract (no money has to change hands for a contract to be legally binding).

NSU
12-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi all
Desastersoft make a open Beta Career System test before Christmas.

Maybe Thomas will shortly Translate the Open Beta for engl. Comunity, if he finds a Rest in his work on the new Add On. :)

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Pilotenakte_1.jpg

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Missionen.jpg

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Missionsdetails.jpg

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Befoerderung.jpg

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Ritterkreuz.jpg

http://www.desastersoft.com/images_ext/Orden.jpg

more Infos here (sorry only in german):
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7871043264/m/3781076869

von Pilsner
12-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi all
Desastersoft make a open Beta Career System test before Christmas.

Maybe Thomas will shortly Translate the Open Beta for engl. Comunity, if he finds a Rest in his work on the new Add On. :)

more Infos here (sorry only in german):
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7871043264/m/3781076869

That is looking good! :D

Bussard_1
12-14-2011, 12:31 AM
NSU,
I want to buy the Wick v Dundas add on from Desastersoft but I'm in Australia.
I can't get shipping to here. I've tried Amazon.de, same result, Amazon.fr doesn't list the pack.
Can you offer any suggestions?
Many thanks,
Ian Kaiser.

NSU
12-14-2011, 02:43 AM
NSU,
I can't get shipping to here. I've tried Amazon.de, same result, Amazon.fr doesn't list the pack.
Many thanks,
Ian Kaiser.

Hi Ian

i will ask Desastersoft for this problem.

NSU
12-14-2011, 01:24 PM
NSU,
Many thanks,
Ian Kaiser.

he say yes, write him a Mail:
versand@desastersoft.com

NSU
12-14-2011, 01:26 PM
so, Desastersoft say, the english translate for the open Beta Career System test is ready, so you get your english version :)

Tacoma74
12-14-2011, 02:17 PM
so, Desastersoft say, the english translate for the open Beta Career System test is ready, so you get your english version :)

Great news!

Bussard_1
12-14-2011, 09:43 PM
NSU,
Thank you very much.
Have a Merry Christmas.

Kais.

adonys
12-15-2011, 06:14 AM

so, that's the beta for the career.. but are you still translating the whole campaign, or not?

desastersoft
12-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi Guys!

We need a Freelancer who wants to translate the discription for the Career Beta test from German into English, for free.

If there is anybody who can do it rigth now, than you can get an english Version with Read Me tomorrow, Friday Dec. 16th.

Cheers
Thomas

Call:
info@desastersoft.com

desastersoft
12-15-2011, 10:06 AM
so, that's the beta for the career.. but are you still translating the whole campaign, or not?

It´s translated. This Missions do not need much translation. They are only for Testing and shooting, but nice anyway :). I did it by myself... not good, but should be enough for the test.

Cheers Mate
Thomas

III/JG53_Don
12-15-2011, 11:08 AM
It´s translated. This Missions do not need much translation. They are only for Testing and shooting, but nice anyway :). I did it by myself... not good, but should be enough for the test.

Cheers Mate
Thomas

Guess he's talking about the Wick vs Dundas Campaign ;)

NSU
12-15-2011, 01:05 PM

the Wick vs Dundas Campaign is not translated, Tom mean the Career Beta test.

tomorrow you can test the Career System ;)

desastersoft
12-15-2011, 01:10 PM

Hmmm.... it could be... but why he did not write it? :-D

No, adonys, i wont give it a third try. Wick vs Dundas will not be awailable in english, i think. Maybe the new one, we are working on. First Campaign is still ready with 70 Missions, special made for the new Career System.

About the Career System:

It has a Penalty system for Difficult settings between 10 - 50 % for each setting. So if you fly in less diffiult settings, you have to do more Kills for Medals. If you disable CEM + Icons on you have to kill 100% more to earn a Knights Cross, for Exsample. Unlimited Ammo and such Arcarde causes in no Status at Campaign System.

Also Penaltys for Following Cases:

Dead is Dead. Campaign Ends if you die.
Wounded causes in 1-5 Missions out (belongs to the Pilot Status in %)
POW - causes in End of Campaign, except you can Escape. The % Range that you can Escape belongs to the Distance to the Frontline.
Bail out causes in 1 Mission out. If your Para does not open, look Case 1 ;)
Crash Landing can cause in 1 Mission out, because of Repairing your AC or order a new AC

You will see tomorrow at noon i think.
Cheers
Thomas

desastersoft
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
Special Thanx to Robtek for Translation of the Manual!

http://www.desastersoft.com/en/1/0/0/0/0/0/news.html

Have fun with it!

Cheers
Dimitri, Christian, Olaf and Thomas

NSU
12-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Special Thanx to Robtek for Translation of the Manual!

http://www.desastersoft.com/en/1/0/0/0/0/0/news.html

Have fun with it!

Cheers
Dimitri, Christian, Olaf and Thomas

yes, get your "Ritterkreuz" :)

desastersoft
12-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Maybe some good news:

Robert (robtek) is in our Team now for translation. He has sended some proofs of Work and it is excellent. With a bit of luck, you can order Wick vs. Dundas as DL Version in January 2012, and the next Expansion "Channel Battles 1940 - Part I" in April 2012.

So long
Thomas

NedLynch
12-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Good news for me in NA, hope it turns out to go to the final product for the downloadable version :grin:.

von Pilsner
12-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Maybe some good news:

Robert (robtek) is in our Team now for translation. He has sended some proofs of Work and it is excellent. With a bit of luck, you can order Wick vs. Dundas as DL Version in January 2012, and the next Expansion "Channel Battles 1940 - Part I" in April 2012.

So long
Thomas

Great news, thanks for the update Thomas (and thanks Robtek).

NSU
03-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Desastersoft announces Fighter Aces! Wick vs. Dundas and Demo Version for April 5th!
Incl. the fantastic Career System! :)

please look here:
http://www.desastersoft.com/en/news.html

SlipBall
03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the news!...maybe we will have our patch as well, by/before that time in April.:)

NedLynch
03-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Awesome news NSU, can't wait till it's here :grin:.

NSU
03-21-2012, 03:00 AM
here some Infos and a english Demo :)

http://www.desastersoft.com/en/product-wick-dundas.html

adonys
03-21-2012, 07:59 AM
When the full english version would be available, please?

NSU
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
When the full english version would be available, please?

"Fighter Aces! Helmut Wick vs. J. C. Dundas" is planned early April :)

NSU
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Demo for Channel Battles 1940, only in german:

http://www.desastersoft.com/download/setup_DEMO_CB_bob_de.zip

Infos in german here:

Heinz Laube
03-23-2012, 12:49 PM
dang... no Bomber campaign planned :( :grin::grin:

anyway looks nice, gonna try it :D

NSU
03-23-2012, 01:26 PM
dang... no Bomber campaign planned :( :grin::grin:

anyway looks nice, gonna try it :D

KG53 next Add-on :)

in Channel Battles you get a StG77 Campaign

Heinz Laube
03-23-2012, 01:37 PM
gut zu wissen :D danke

NSU
03-26-2012, 05:49 PM
first image from the DvD Box

Raggz
03-26-2012, 06:00 PM
I really want to buy the english download versions. Please hurry up :)

Raggz
03-27-2012, 05:36 PM
English digital download version now available of Vick Vs Dundas. Just bought it my self :D

I hope the new Channel addon also becomes available as english download.

Jatta Raso
03-28-2012, 07:19 AM
i'm trying the demo...

adonys
03-28-2012, 09:24 AM
NSU, can we also get the pdf's version of the two maps, the german and english one, so we can print them and use them with the addon?

they're kind of needed, and are not included into the package (as they should, IMHO).

thanks!

NSU
03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
NSU, can we also get the pdf's version of the two maps, the german and english one, so we can print them and use them with the addon?

they're kind of needed, and are not included into the package (as they should, IMHO).

thanks!

Info from Desastersoft:

In Order of Copyright, we are not allowed to do it as PDF.

so you must fly with the ingame map.

NedLynch
04-06-2012, 07:01 PM
I just went to Desastersoft's website and the download version of Fliegerasse is available in Euros.
Will this be a problem for purchasing the expansion in the US?

And of course are you guys planning a downloadable version of Channel Battles?

Thanks for an answer in advance :grin:.

NSU
04-07-2012, 05:08 AM
I just went to Desastersoft's website and the download version of Fliegerasse is available in Euros.
Will this be a problem for purchasing the expansion in the US?

And of course are you guys planning a downloadable version of Channel Battles?

Thanks for an answer in advance :grin:.

You can buy it from the US via Download. Boxed Version will not come for US/EN.
By the bad Sales Figures of the DL Version of Wick vs. Dundas, Thomas maybe will Stop Translation of Channel Battles. He doubts that it makes any sence to invest any more money in english language projects. It´s like throwing money out of an open Window.