PDA

View Full Version : Help with new item png image files

Fatt_Shade
07-31-2011, 10:11 PM
I got idea to change some items (add upgradable lvls) but got stuck at how to make new PNG files, and how to connect those new item images to upgraded item.
I changed battle axe to add +10(2nd lvl item)/20(3 lvl item like original)/25(5th lvl item)% physical dmg to melee units and +3 att to all units on 5th lvl (3rd upgrade). Changing item.txt weren`t big problem and adding new lvl`s and battles to upgrade item. But implementing that new item in game got me to problems.
If some1 can make 2 new battle axe png files i would be grateful (3rd lvl little brighter axe, 5th lvl some glow on edge or something like that) and attach them them here. As for where to place them maybe i figure it out by then.

Also goblin shaman is only unit that can reduce enemy resistances, i thought about changing some other item to add that bonus to it like -1/2/4% to all resistances to enemy units or something like that which would be equal to +1/2/4% to my unit/spell dmg, but i`m not sure what item to edit to make it interesting to use through all game. Maybe some armor since i think armors are weakest items in game, any ideas ppl ?7189

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 09:39 AM
I got idea to change some items (add upgradable lvls) but got stuck at how to make new PNG files, and how to connect those new item images to upgraded item.
I changed battle axe to add +10(2nd lvl item)/20(3 lvl item like original)/25(5th lvl item)% physical dmg to melee units and +3 att to all units on 5th lvl (3rd upgrade). Changing item.txt weren`t big problem and adding new lvl`s and battles to upgrade item. But implementing that new item in game got me to problems.
If some1 can make 2 new battle axe png files i would be grateful (3rd lvl little brighter axe, 5th lvl some glow on edge or something like that) and attach them them here. As for where to place them maybe i figure it out by then.

Also goblin shaman is only unit that can reduce enemy resistances, i thought about changing some other item to add that bonus to it like -1/2/4% to all resistances to enemy units or something like that which would be equal to +1/2/4% to my unit/spell dmg, but i`m not sure what item to edit to make it interesting to use through all game. Maybe some armor since i think armors are weakest items in game, any ideas ppl ?

I dont know much about modifying item but i'm sure that you can edit item by the editor. I haven't looked into this feature in the editor but I'm pretty sure that the editor can help you out. Good luck :)

Fatt_Shade
08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I already edited item to add 2 more lvls in items.txt file in my sessions/mod folder. First upgrade i copy from runic sword just replaced units that apear in battle, and for 2 upgrade used archmage staff strings also replacing nuits that apear. In first unupgraded version of item added :
params { upgrade=battle_axe(2nd),war_axe(3rd),executioner_a xe(5th lvl) } ,
and text in item in game is ok, but i cant upgrade it since i have no new image for upgraded item, and after battle with item guardians i get next lvl with no picture and it doesnt work :-(((
As far as i can tell editor is for visual aperance of something in game, mechanic of game is in .lng .txt .atom files in mod folder where game is instaled. So far my editor is horrible with chrashes and i cant work in it at all.

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I already edited item to add 2 more lvls in items.txt file in my sessions/mod folder. First upgrade i copy from runic sword just replaced units that apear in battle, and for 2 upgrade used archmage staff strings also replacing nuits that apear. In first unupgraded version of item added :
params { upgrade=battle_axe(2nd),war_axe(3rd),executioner_a xe(5th lvl) } ,
and text in item in game is ok, but i cant upgrade it since i have no new image for upgraded item, and after battle with item guardians i get next lvl with no picture and it doesnt work :-(((
As far as i can tell editor is for visual aperance of something in game, mechanic of game is in .lng .txt .atom files in mod folder where game is instaled. So far my editor is horrible with chrashes and i cant work in it at all.

Nahh, this weird that everybody complaint so much about the editor. Up until now I havent had any trouble with the editor, I want to help you out but i'm not experienced with editing item :( I will try to learn how to use this function in the future, at least after I finish creating maps :|

About image, have you tried to pick some of items from KBTL. Maybe this help you out :)

Fatt_Shade
08-23-2011, 10:12 PM
OK i figured out how to change items ot have more lvl for upgrading, and how to add them morale for supresing but i`m still unsatisfied about png files since i just eidted old files (i`m horrible with photoshop :-( ). But as for time mechanic itself i`m ready to unleash the fury muahahahaha :-)
Now some other ideas, and help about them. New spells, i already asked tihs in some other treads but now it`s here in my so any1 who can help thx in advance.
1) I never used spell fit of energy so decide to remove it and place spell like inquisitors holy rage ability bonus dmg vs undead/+5 rage for 10/15/20 mana per lvl
2) Poison touch in distortion spells, like hell breath just poison dmg. For melee/range units, good against demons/dragons. +15/25/35% dmg 3turns 10/20/30 mana
3) Since only way to lower enemy resistances is by goblin shaman i changed fire mage medal to reduce it, and thought about adding this feature to some item, or making new spell in chaos spells to lower enemy res fire/poison/magic/astral -4/8/12% 3rd lvl all for 7/12/25 mana.
Changing spells in spells.lua/spells.txt no problems making mechanic isn`t problem i got stuck when i try to implement this new spells in book as i said my photoshop editing skills, so i ask for help of some1 to make new png files for this new spells Holy rage use already existing files from inquisitor ability, Poison touch i thought to drop ghost blade (also never used it) and take it files just to change sword in green, and for Lower resistance to replace weaknes spell. So if any1 want to help out pls join :-)

grimeleven
08-24-2011, 10:52 AM
An armor to edit could be: Scale armor, used for a set but the item alone sucks, sun cloak and light armor.

To apply the effect of reducing the enemy resistances, here's a template that you can use to insert into your items, just changing the % 4, 2 ,1 etc
Notice "belligerent=enemy" means the enemy gets the negative effect.

fight {
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=physical,0,-4,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=magic,0,-4,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=fire,0,-4,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=poison,0,-4,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}
{
filter {
belligerent=enemy
}
pbonus=
dbonus=
rbonus=astral,0,-4,0,-100,0,0
attack_on=
attack_off=
}

skarmag
01-20-2012, 09:59 PM
For custom images, create a folder in the specific session, name it "images" and paste your PNG images there.

- Skar

Fatt_Shade
01-20-2012, 10:51 PM
@skarmag Thx for reply, but i solved png problem long ago. Next thing i tried was making new spell, but got stuck there and dropped whole idea :-(