PDA

View Full Version : Rate of Fire error

justme262
07-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Has anybody else noticed the rate of fire in the hurricanes is higher than the rate of fire in the spits?
If I load the outboard guns with tracers in both planes the hurricanes clearly have less distance between the tracers. Almost a constant stream of tracers. The spits have large gaps between each tracer.
Same tracer types...I've tried a few different types. A single tracers in number 1 and 8 guns in loadout screen.
Maybe it's a graphics glitch...

Sternjaeger II
07-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Has anybody else noticed the rate of fire in the hurricanes is higher than the rate of fire in the spits?
If I load the outboard guns with tracers in both planes the hurricanes clearly have less distance between the tracers. Almost a constant stream of tracers. The spits have large gaps between each tracer.
Same tracer types...I've tried a few different types. A single tracers in number 1 and 8 guns in loadout screen.
Maybe it's a graphics glitch...

well I don't know whether you can measure the rate of fire by the number of tracers you see, but here's some interesting literature on the subject

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/BoB.htm

.303s actually had a muzzle booster and lightened barrel to improve the rate of fire, so my wild guess is that maybe you're being deceived by the alternation of tracers from different perspectives.

JG52Karaya
07-28-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm pretty sure that is caused simply by a different tracer loading of the two aircraft. Go to the armament screen and put the same type of belting on both planes and try again...

CardboardSword
08-14-2011, 01:53 AM
The outboard guns on the spit are MUCH further out than the hurricane's. This distance means you can more clearly see the gaps because you're not as close to being behind the rounds as you are in the hurri.

whoarmongar
08-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Question, does the Hurri and the Spit have the same loadout of rounds for each gun i.e the same number of rounds ?
If they do (and I suspect they may) just time how long it takes to empty the guns on each aircraft.

Jaws2002
08-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Don't mistake the rate of fire with the frequency of tracers fired. You don't know the exact ammo belting.
I have half my guns in Spit loaded without any tracers. does this mean half my guns don't work? :grin:

Rextar
08-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Does anyone know why i cant see different coloured tracers?
Also all the ammo seems the same?

justme262
08-25-2011, 01:37 PM
The loadouts work fine in the FMB and with all the same tracers in the outer guns the rate of fire looks identical in spit and hurri. I just forgot the the loadouts don't save in quick battles.

You can change the colour of the tracers in the FMB. the different tracers have different colours...