PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane MK IIC Mod

dave74737
07-26-2011, 03:05 AM
Hi Folks,
My first experiment with modding IL2 COD. This mod will change the armament and engine of the default rotol hurricane I to 4xHispano 20mm cannons plus an uprated Merlin XX (1185HP). The mesh remains the standard MK I for now while I work out how to add the cannon barrels. The result is an aircraft which will shred any and all bombers very promptly. :)

*Health Warning*
Clearly, the use of such a mod will be considered as cheating by VAC. DO NOT use this mod online otherwise you will risk loosing your entire Steam account and all attached purchases. Just in case, I personally have two purchases of IL2 COD associated with 2 separate valve accounts - I use my main account for un-modded IL2 cod online plus all my other games and use the secondary account for IL2 cod mods just in case there is a misunderstanding. Please be careful not to go online accidentally with this mod enabled - you have been warned! :)

*Installation Instructions*
1. As with all other mods, please download and install sfsMod v1.1 (http://junk.kegetys.net/il2cod_sfsmod11.zip and follow the readme)
2. Download the attached hurriCannon.zip and unpack into your IL2 COD installation folder (~somewhere\il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover).
3. Create a new shortcut which executes "~somewhere\il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe -mod=hurriCannon

*Usage*
Once successfully installed and activated, you should see in the QMB/FMB a new aircraft called Hurricane MKIIC. Select this aircraft and enjoy - the default convergence is set to 200 yards. Note that while this armament is incredibly powerful, rate of fire and the number of rounds is limited. Nevertheless I find that this aircraft can make very quick work of anything else with a quick burst.

Enjoy!

Dave.

quebecyankee
07-27-2011, 10:11 AM
This weapon is very destructive.
How do you fit it in the selection of aircrafts available on the QMB ?
At the moment he does not appear in the QMB list but it is available in
the missions Quick of the game
Thank you for your help

Ctrl E
07-27-2011, 11:57 AM
pics?

Doc_uk
07-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi Folks,
My first experiment with modding IL2 COD. This mod will change the armament and engine of the default rotol hurricane I to 4xHispano 20mm cannons plus an uprated Merlin XX (1185HP). The mesh remains the standard MK I for now while I work out how to add the cannon barrels. The result is an aircraft which will shred any and all bombers very promptly.

Get the Cannon barrels working, and i will use the mod :)
And then add it to the spit :) and i will use it even more:)

quebecyankee
07-27-2011, 02:49 PM
I can't find the Huricane MkII C on the planes list on the QMB
I have only the ROTOL with the lights guns and the MKI with olso the lights guns...
Can you say to me how to have the Huricane MKII C on the QMB ?
Thank you for your help

Ze-Jamz
07-27-2011, 03:10 PM
oh geez.. and here it starts..

Fair play to the Op for creating this mod but at what point now do i know if ive been shot to pieces with 4 hispanos online?

JG52Uther
07-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Well CoD was always designed to be open to modding.I assume 1C is relying on steams VAC ban system to stop cheating happening online, so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Ze-Jamz
07-27-2011, 07:52 PM
I really hope that VAC is already running and banning if necessary.

Couldnt agree more, dont want this community spilt just yet

Wait.....actually?

Catseye
07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Dave,
The hispano's have no effect on ground targets.
In the free flight QMB over Dover there is a fuel storage dump just upstream from the coast. The standard 303's will light this up but the hispano's just flash and the tanks do not explode.

Cheers

dave74737
07-30-2011, 03:35 AM
Hi Folks,
Thanks for the feedback - not much point in a pic since it looks just like the normal Hurricane. Very interesting that the hispanos are not/less effective against ground targets - I'm not sure what can be done about that. The hispanos & ammo are a core part of the game - the mod just references them (there is a lot of stuff in the sfs files that is not used right now). We could always quickly switch to the 109's MG FF's and see if the same problem is seen. I will also look into the QMB issue.

I want to ensure the community that my objectives in creating this mod was to see if it could be done - the mod was never intended to encourage cheating. One advantage of the "VAC will detect you using this mod in multiplayer and ban you" approach is that the game can be open to a degree and modifiable. Personally I think that 1C / Steam hit just the right balance here where we have the freedom to do these kind of things in single player while the VAC system should keep the multiplayer environment relatively clean and honest. If there is evidence of misuse of this mod I will pull it, but I assure you that its very easily done once the sfs files are unpacked. (It took me about an hour of reading various files and copying what had been done for the in game aircraft. The developers kept this part very organized and tidy - good stuff guys!)

Best Wishes!

Dave.

313_Paegas
07-30-2011, 02:51 PM
THX, working perfect.
To be honest efficiency is really massive.
So we will see, how it will work in the game after official releasing ;-)
http://jiri.foltyn77.sweb.cz/Hurri-MkIIc_1280x800.jpg
http://jiri.foltyn77.sweb.cz/Hurri-MkIIc_loadout_1280x800.jpg
Could you do Spit MkIIb too?

Das Attorney
07-30-2011, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the Hurricane. :)

It's very deadly with the 20mm cannons. Bombers seem to fall apart rapidly when hit by a few shells!

Agreed, a spit MkIIb would be nice - for offline of course :)

JG53Frankyboy
07-30-2011, 04:25 PM
hows about a Spitfire Ib , an early one with 'only' the two Hispanos without any .303 ?

And lets hope 1C:MG will soon ad a "mods on/off" button to their game. At least that was the idea in interviews given by Oleg in the long "forgotten" ( :D ) past.........

Das Attorney
07-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Yes - version with only the Hispano's would be excellent. Perfect for making small missions for 19 squadron.

Catseye
07-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Tested the BF 109 series on the oil storage tanks at Dover as a follow up to my previous post on the Hispano's not having any effect on blowing up the tanks. The 109 armaments also do not blow up the tanks also there are no flashes whereas the Hispano mod does. Tried the BF110 and they do blow up the tanks. I could not change the armaments as the armament screen does not allow it at this time. (bug since the last upgrade?)

So it may be a bug in the system that the Hispano's also do not affect ground targets.

Will have to wait and see what happens in the next upgrade.

Cheers

senseispcc
07-31-2011, 10:57 AM
In my game it does not work no new plane is visible either in the FMB or QMB.
I have other MODS that do work perfectly a sound mod and the dark trees one.
I also can change most of my game screens.
But this hurriCanon does nothing.
Correction it work now that I have deleted the German 109 mod it works but the in game mission recording does not.

Have a nice game.

Das Attorney
07-31-2011, 06:33 PM
That happened to me when I installed Jafa's sound mod. I changed the order of loading to put -mod=MODS\hurriCannon at the end of the target line and now it loads correctly.

senseispcc
08-01-2011, 01:11 AM
That happened to me when I installed Jafa's sound mod. I changed the order of loading to put -mod=MODS\hurriCannon at the end of the target line and now it loads correctly.

Thanks it works and I tried this mod for a lot of missions and my conclusion is; it is a little too powerful and should be one notch down.

Have a nice game.

And thanks for this mod.;)

ATAG_Doc
08-02-2011, 12:58 AM
Short vid of mod. Very brutal.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=318135&postcount=973

313_Paegas
08-03-2011, 11:12 AM
;)
I spent some time behind pc and by method test and error I did some small package.
il2cod-mods-2 (http://www.uloz.to/9867367/il2cod-mods-2-exe)
Note:
If you know, how JSGME works, it´s realy easy :-)
Below sequence of mods
http://jiri.foltyn77.sweb.cz/Paegas-mod-2.jpg
...after selection of mods run game by new luncher icon in IL2 root
http://jiri.foltyn77.sweb.cz/zastupce-luncher.jpg

http://jiri.foltyn77.sweb.cz/New%20Spits.jpg

I hope, that JAFA and dave74737 will be not angry at me that I used their mods.

In case it will not run, could be that you have to change link for mods.
for all should be ......Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\CMSound.
http://jiri.foltyn77.sweb.cz/Vlastnosti-zapce-luncher.jpg
In folders for each mod you can find this luncher, so don´t forget change the link everywhere.
If you will check how I did it, you can use this system of folders for all next mods and you will need only one luncher with one link for mods.
It´s up to you :-)

dave74737
08-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Nice! Not angry at all - my mod is just a few lines of text in weapons and aircraft ini files to add the cannons, plus a few more in the HurricaneMkII.fmd and Rolls-Royce.emd to provide the uprated Merlin engine. All of the functionality comes from the COD binary/data set itself. I therefore consider this mod public domain - anybody can do whatever they want with it! (As long as it doesn't involve cheating) :)

palker4
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
I have flown MK IIc extensively in 1946 and i can tell you that CoD version packs a lot more punch 2 hits are enough to kill a fighter no matter where do you hit it

Ploughman
08-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Tried the mod.

Good grief those Hispanos punch like a battle cruiser's broadside.

Sweep through an enemy formation and you'll get two or three without even trying. Wings off, tails off, utter butchery.

Great fun.

Skoshi Tiger
08-05-2011, 12:40 AM
The Hispanos are good but is this realistic?

dave74737
08-06-2011, 10:13 PM
The Hispanos are good but is this realistic?

I seriously doubt it! :) I did make a quick check through the sfs files, and the round information (20mm, HE, round weight and muzzle velocity) seems all to be correct according to the info I can find online.

The 20mm's were capable of disabling light armored vehicles and getting an occasional mobility kill on a tank however.

Nevertheless, I agree that their effect is probably too good to be true and I might try down-tuning this a bit. One factor im not sure if IL2 models is the likelihood of the HE rounds passing right through the aircraft if they didn't hit something substantial enough to crush the impact fuse.

Did anybody try changing the ammunition in the FMB? If so, what change does that make? I will get round to this when I am back from vacation. (Aruba is awesome btw).

Cheers,

Dave.

Das Attorney
08-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Check your PM's Dave :)

Friendly_flyer
08-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Difference between the Mk.I and Mk.IIc is a bit more than armament. To fit the larger supercharger of the Merlin XX, the engine housing was expanded and made 4 inches longer. This shifted the center of gravity slightly forward, changing the balance and feel of the plane perceptibly. It became a bit more stable in flight, making it less suited as a fighter, but at the same time made it a better ground attack aircraft.

dave74737
08-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Well - what a difference! Just played a quick FMB mission where I set the ammunition from the HE tracer to just armor piercing. The cannons were nowhere near as effective - in fact one could argue they were not much better than the original 8x303 in terms of damage caused by a 1 second burst...