PDA

View Full Version : how do i get ai bombers to actually bomb something in FMB?

David198502
07-21-2011, 02:44 PM
hey guys!
i tried to create a mission where He's should bomb dover.so i set a waypoint over dover and marked this waypoint as ground attack.
but the planes just flew over that waypoint without anything happening.they just headed for the next waypoint.

Plt Off JRB Meaker
07-21-2011, 03:39 PM
1.Have you ensured you're AI bomber has bombs loaded?,the default bomber in FMB has an empty bomb bay,check the weapon loadout drop down list.

2.Ensure at the waypoint where you're target is,that you have maked your waypoint as 'Ground Attack Area' or 'Ground Attack Target' and under target'set' it to do this,otherwise it'll just fly on by.

Hope this will enable you to bomb you're target.

Danelov
07-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes, check the warload and also insert before the point to be attacked, a waypoint, a sort of IP(initial point)some miles before the target. So the plane had time to be configured by the AI for attack the target. In convoy attacks, always aproach with the same heading of the ship targets. If the target had ballon barrage like Dover or Harwich, search the less protected side or like the reality, send a couple of Messerschmitts to shot down the ballons. Typical ballons barrage are between 600 to 1200m.

ATAG_Bliss
07-22-2011, 12:31 AM
A couple things. Make sure you are using attack area instead of attack target in your waypoints. The waypoint itself for attack area (the flashing icon) will be where you aim the bomb load.

If you are using the attack target waypoint, then you'll need to use the "set" command under the waypoint properties. This will draw a green line with a recticle in the middle. You'll need to attach that line to an actual target (red / blue object). Once that's done, you'll see the green line permanently in the FMB.

Last thing to remember is the AI bombers need to have time to calculate (believe it or not) their bomb drop, so you need a nice straight way point to the target for the last 60-75km. If you have them in the middle of a turn (waypoints too close together / not in a straight line) for the last 60-75km to target, they will not drop them. (no target solution)

dflion
07-22-2011, 01:23 AM
hey guys!
i tried to create a mission where He's should bomb dover.so i set a waypoint over dover and marked this waypoint as ground attack.
but the planes just flew over that waypoint without anything happening.they just headed for the next waypoint.

Just a couple of things David198502. When you select the bomb load for the bomber, go into the bomber 'Group Properties'. Select 'Weapon Set' Default (Stock) then activate the drop down screen on this line and you will see the types of bomb load. Select the bomb load you want and it will be placed into the line. Many people miss this second step to load the bombs correctly.
Have a look at the 'Detonators' line underneath and select a detonation time for your bombs.

On the bombing waypoint select the 'attack area' symbol, place the waypoint directly over the target. You may have to adjust this waypoint by testing where the bombs actually fall.

For Stuka dive bombers it is the same as above, except you should use the 'attack target' wayoint and set the waypoint to the target as described by 'SYN_bliss' in his post. The Stuka 'attack waypoint' should be approx. 3000m high with the next waypoint at 800m.

Hope this helps?

DFLion

David198502
07-22-2011, 01:45 PM
ok guys.im so far that my He's actually drop bombs.but they do not explode!

dflion
07-23-2011, 01:24 AM
ok guys.im so far that my He's actually drop bombs.but they do not explode!

Check 'Detonators' in Group Properties that the slide bar is saying 'charging 0 sec delay'
You should see the bomb type above this line - example below

GP Bomb, SC50, Grade II, Body type J
C50 (5) - High Altitude (> 1km)

DFLion

David198502
07-23-2011, 07:42 AM
thx guys,thx dflion.
now i finally have my bombers the way i want them.
looks great if you want to start up your bf and 50 blenheims bomb your airfield in dawn.

thx.

ajay
07-26-2011, 12:48 AM
A couple things. Make sure you are using attack area instead of attack target in your waypoints. The waypoint itself for attack area (the flashing icon) will be where you aim the bomb load.

If you are using the attack target waypoint, then you'll need to use the "set" command under the waypoint properties. This will draw a green line with a recticle in the middle. You'll need to attach that line to an actual target (red / blue object). Once that's done, you'll see the green line permanently in the FMB.

Last thing to remember is the AI bombers need to have time to calculate (believe it or not) their bomb drop, so you need a nice straight way point to the target for the last 60-75km. If you have them in the middle of a turn (waypoints too close together / not in a straight line) for the last 60-75km to target, they will not drop them. (no target solution)

Hey Syn , you do not actually need that long a run in for the drop point, i have been using anywhere between 2-5ks for the drop waypoint run in.As long as there is no seriously silly turns just before the bomb waypoint you will be fine. :)

buz13
11-14-2012, 04:12 AM
When I go to the Weapons set drop down list to load bombs under the default setting I see an "empty" for each bomb bay but cannot find any way to actually load bombs to replace the "empty". Where is the list of bombs that can be loaded? That is; How do I actually load bombs so they show up on the plane?

tks

FG28_Kodiak
11-14-2012, 04:25 AM
Behind the drop down list there is a little button (with three dots on it) CLICK ;)

buz13
11-14-2012, 04:46 AM
Behind the drop down list there is a little button (with three dots on it) CLICK ;)

Got it

Tks

FG28_Kodiak
11-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Click on the empty label then it changed to a drop down menu ;)

buz13
11-14-2012, 04:55 AM
Click on the empty label then it changed to a drop down menu ;)

Got it,
Thanks