PDA

View Full Version : MOD: New npc portraits

DeepSoul
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I wanted some more badass looking companions and I liked ShadowTrek's idea of female npcs, so I made some new portraits and decided to upload them here. Credit goes to ShadowTrek for the original idea.

UPDATE: Changed Lilith's portrait(Lilith from KB1 :) ). Fixed an error in Ruby's portrait. It was wrongly named so it didn't show up in the game. If you downloaded this before, get the new version! The link is updated.

It changes the following NPCs:

New portraits for Jimmy Kraud and Moro Dark

Agvares becomes:

Lilith:
A demonic succubus, famous for throwing wild, extravagant parties and being very promiscuous. – also an expert duelist.

Moldok becomes:

Greta:
A somewhat crazy female orc, who got left behind by her friends, and is now looking to tag along with you, if only to find some adventure.

Gaudi becomes:

Aaliyah:
A young woman with beautiful features and green eyes,who has sacrificed her strength in the service of the Light, and the eternal struggle to extinguish the forces of Darkness.

The elf wizard becomes:

Elenhel:
An elven female wizard who has learned well the secrets of magic.

Trigger becomes:

Ruby:
A talented young engineer: inventor of optical systems.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jjz30pqmz33tbl8

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4475/npcs.jpg

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I wanted some more badass looking companions and I liked ShadowTrek's idea of female npcs, so I made some new portraits and decided to upload them here. Credit goes to ShadowTrek for the original idea.

UPDATE: Changed Lilith's portrait(Lilith from KB1 :) )

It changes the following NPCs:

New portraits for Jimmy Kraud and Moro Dark

Agvares becomes:

Lilith:
A demonic succubus, famous for throwing wild, extravagant parties and being very promiscuous. – also an expert duelist.

Moldok becomes:

Greta:
A somewhat crazy female orc, who got left behind by her friends, and is now looking to tag along with you, if only to find some adventure.

Gaudi becomes:

Aaliyah:
A young woman with beautiful features and green eyes,who has sacrificed her strength in the service of the Light, and the eternal struggle to extinguish the forces of Darkness.

The elf wizard becomes:

Elenhel:
An elven female wizard who has learned well the secrets of magic.

Trigger becomes:

Ruby:
A talented young engineer: inventor of optical systems.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?hx5drra0zgwbpmy

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4475/npcs.jpg

Come on, I definitely love your Moron face. You know, I like Demon and Undead race in King's Bounty and Black Knight is my favorite troop. I will use your purchase in my mod. Do you have anymore portrait like this, I created many NPC and enemy heroes in my mod so I need this kind of portrait. One more question. Can you edit the picture into a non-background because we dont need background for a npc when chatting :)

DeepSoul
08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
This mod won't change the dialogue portraits sadly, since I don't know how to do that, but if you want a portrait without background for your mod, I guess I can do it. If someone could explain how to change the dialogue portrait, it would be great. :)

I noticed an error in Ruby's portrait. I spelled it wrong so it won't show up in-game but I will update the files shortly.

infernal1800
08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
This mod won't change the dialogue portraits sadly, since I don't know how to do that, but if you want a portrait without background for your mod, I guess I can do it. If someone could explain how to change the dialogue portrait, it would be great. :)

I noticed an error in Ruby's portrait. I spelled it wrong so it won't show up in-game but I will update the files shortly.

You simply just adjust the name of castle portrait and dialog portrait into a same name and we will have a dialog portrait for the hero/npc :)

ShadowTek
09-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Hello, Ive discovered some things you can add to your mod to make it a little more detailed..

If you open up the interface_textures.kfs there you will see two images of each of the companions, one with a white background, one normal for example, for Agvares there are face_demon_Agvares.png and HeroItem_partner_Agvares.png, replace BOTH those images with yours (Make sure one has no background), what this will do is not only will you see the new image in the chr screen, but when you talk to the companion that image will change as well..

The second thing you can do is open up the eng_actors.lng file and find both instances of each companion, and change the names to the new ones, what this will do is when you click on them to speak with them, there new name (along with there new image) will show up :)

Below is a screenshot of what it will look like :) (Note I used the debug teleport to go get her to show you)

kbounty1
04-06-2013, 08:13 AM
hi,

love the new pics.. but the link is dead :(

Maybe someone be so kind to uplaod it again somewhere?

DeepSoul
11-18-2020, 03:53 AM
I don't have this mod anymore. I know it's been a very long time since I uploaded it but if someone still has it please reupload and link. Then I can add the dialogue portraits and repload the finished mod.

Space Knight
11-18-2020, 02:20 PM
I can't find it on webarchive either. :(