PDA

View Full Version : BoB Raf and Luftwaffe on 10th July 1940

_79_dev
07-17-2011, 09:46 PM
~S~

I have just created spawning areas in order from 10th July 1940, that covers all avilable aerodromes>>>

Some squadrons from both sides are missing due to map size>>>

Any input will be appriciated, if You notice something that needs to be corrected, pleas reply to this post or send me P.M.>>>

Aircraft numbers for one spawning areas are limited>>>

Next step will be to update aerodromes plane numbers done as much historicly as possible>>>

If that link does nor work for You let me know>>>

~S~

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2MARNSS6

Ataros
07-18-2011, 04:42 AM
You can attach such small files to forums as .zip archives for everyone's convenience. Click Attachment below your message when editing it.

SNAFU
07-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Hi,

I basically did the same and created a map with the airfields operational for the playable aircraft on the 12th July 1940, with the squadrons and "Gruppen" available only, which were operating from the airfield on that timeframe.
I am about to provide the airfields with AA cover and as little scenery as I can bear(, still will be lots of objects). I will compare my data with yours when I ve time and opportunity.

_79_dev
07-20-2011, 10:58 AM
~S~

Small update:

Added few more units,

Some names corrected and plane settings..

~S~

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GLHURXCZ

_79_dev
07-20-2011, 08:01 PM
~S~

Added JG 27 I, II, III Gruppes

~S~

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZYV0QBX

ATAG_Bliss
07-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Nice work dev!

Got your post on the forums. Would you mind if I used your template as a building base for some missions?

SNAFU
07-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Hi 79 dev,

Great work, mate! I know the efforts behind it, I tried the same, but my list was not as complete as yours. I got my data mostly from "Feldgrau" HP and the official "BoB.uk.mod" HP.

As written I found a little time to compare my data with yours and I found a few mismachtes in my data, I guess I am wrong, but may be you can check the following points:

1. For the I./KG76 you assigned G.50?

2. I based the Erpr.Gr.210 in Abbeville for replacing Denian, where the Group actually was based acc. to my info, your coordinates are somewhat different? Where did you get that infos from?

3. Acc. to my infos was the III./ZG26 based in Barley-Arques, it slightly mismateches your coordinates.

4. Acc. to my infos was the II./ZG27 based in Crecy-en Ponthieu, this here slightly off

5. Acc. to my infos were the II./St.G 2 based in Cherbourg, didn´t find this group in your list.

6. Acc. to my infos were the III./St.G 2 based in St.Pierre sur Dives, didn´t find this group in your list.

7. Furthermore I didn´t find No. 41 Sqn in Hornchurch

8. So the No. 43 Sqn for Tangmere

9. I based the No. 111 Sqn in Croydon, you in Northolt

10. No. 79 Sqn was acc. to my infos in Hawkinge, but that might have been 2 days later

11. Wasn´t the No. 141 Sqn in West Malling? You put them to Biggin Hill

12. I placed No. 501 Sqn to Croydon, you to Aux. Gravesend

13. I found No 401 Sqn for Croydon?

14. You placed No 600 Sqn to Northolt, I to Manston?

15. Additionally I put No . 604 Sqn to Gravesend

16. And added No. 609 Sqn to Northolt

But 90% of your data seems to fit mine. I mainly looked for the time between 10th and 15th July and didn´t focus stricly on the 10th, that`s where some mismatches might come from. I hope you don´t mind if I use your data?

Greetings
snafu

csThor
07-25-2011, 12:05 PM
I've got a more complete Luftwaffe OOB I patched together from various online sources as well as a load of my books. I'd post it but before I'd have to translate my german remarks to english ... no time for that ATM.

Additional comments:

1.) Erprobungsgruppe 210 had its main base at Denain but used Calais-Marck as jump-off base for operations.

2.) III./StG 2 remained in Germany proper. It is likely that only a few selected crews took part in the Battle of Britain.

3.) III./ZG 26 was at Barly - Arques.

4.) II./ZG 26 was at Crecy-en-Ponthieu.

SNAFU
07-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi CsThor,

Read the same about Erpr.Gr.210. Ok, III./ZG27 is a typo, III./ZG26 is actually ment. III./StG 2 got away from the Stuka-waste, lucky boys...

I thought the E3b versions were still in trails and not used widely, or only by the Erpr.Grps. Can you confirm they were regularly used in July 1940?

csThor
07-25-2011, 01:21 PM
I'm at work right now so I can't look up the exact date but before October 1940 (and Göring's infamous order to equip 1 Staffel per Jagdgruppe as fighter-bombers) the only unit to use the Bf 109 E as a fighter-bomber was 3./ErprGr 210. Although in their case it was a load of brand-new Bf 109 E-4/b ...

SNAFU
07-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Ok, thanks that´s enough info I need. ;)

Danelov
07-25-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm at work right now so I can't look up the exact date but before October 1940 (and Göring's infamous order to equip 1 Staffel per Jagdgruppe as fighter-bombers) the only unit to use the Bf 109 E as a fighter-bomber was 3./ErprGr 210. Although in their case it was a load of brand-new Bf 109 E-4/b ...

The second was the II.(S)LG 2 with E-4B. First mission as Jabo, Sep 2, 1940.

And the third was I.(J)LG 2. The unit used the new E-7s, delivered from middle August 1940. By the end of the month was full equipped with the E-7s and start training at Denain with the 3./Erp.Gr.210. First mission as Jabo was flown Oct 4, 1940.

csThor
07-26-2011, 05:09 AM
I disagree about I.(J)/LG 2. It's more likely that one Staffel was sent to Denain for Jabo conversion (I have found more such examples such as 7./JG 51 and 1./JG 77) but not the whole Gruppe. After all it was a fighter unit ...

And yes, I forgot about II.(Schl)/LG 2. :oops:

SNAFU
07-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Generally it is very nice spawn list, but is maybe not utterly suitable for the beginning of the battle.

For example when the Battle of Britain began, No 602 was still in Scotland, moving south in mid-August. ...603 remained on defensive duties in Scotland until the end of August 1940, when it moved to southern England for the remaining months of the Battle of Britain.... 605 moved south again in September for the closing stages of the Battle of Britain and so did 607.... (source www.raf.mod.uk)

_79_dev
07-26-2011, 07:19 PM
~S~

Thanks for the input guys, I will try to compare datas I have as soon as I'll be back from holidays. For the moment I am happy that there is some discussions about that part of the history on 1c forums, the more discussions the more accurate data will be ... I had some problems with specific units and squadrons... They were off the map delivered in CoD, or I had not enough datas to put theme in correct aerodromes... List of my sources is very long, basically lot of informations I got from books that I read, forums, uncle google and grani wiki... Next time I got time I'll try to update mentioned mismatches...

P.S just forgot to add... Anyone who wants to use that map, go ahead, feel free to use it no problem...

~S~