PDA

View Full Version : Custom Skin only visible for me in MP?!

Winger
07-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Is it supposed like that? Makes the use of self made skins pretty senseless - if nobody sees who ge gets attacked by.

Winger

Ze-Jamz
07-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Is it supposed like that? Makes the use of self made skins pretty senseless - if nobody sees who ge gets attacked by.

Winger

What do you mean mate?

I was able to see custom skins online before I had that skin installed...if that's what your saying?

VO101_Tom
07-17-2011, 12:29 PM

Winger

Ze-Jamz has right, the custom skins usable in MP (http://noob.hu/2011/07/09/Launcher_2011-07-08_22-36-03-26.jpg), but takes 5-10 minutes, while download it.
(Anyway, we notice a bug: if you switch off the markings, from an exterior view you do not see your own mark, but everybody else sees it.)

Winger
07-17-2011, 03:08 PM
is that maybe dependant on what the server settings are? I was using my own skin with turned off markings and a friend of mine joined the same server, spawned beside me but only saw the default skin of the plane. not my custom one. Is there a special file format needed for the skins? I used JPEG with high quality. Filesize 1,1 MB. Server was Repka #3

Thanks

Winger

VO101_Tom
07-17-2011, 03:21 PM
is that maybe dependant on what the server settings are? I was using my own skin with turned off markings and a friend of mine joined the same server, spawned beside me but only saw the default skin of the plane. not my custom one. Is there a special file format needed for the skins? I used JPEG with high quality. Filesize 1,1 MB. Server was Repka #3

Thanks

Winger

It is necessary to wait for a long time while the skin appears (compared to IL-2).
edit: I repeat myself :) "if you switch off the markings, from an exterior view you do not see your own mark, but everybody else sees it."

Winger
07-17-2011, 03:38 PM
It is necessary to wait for a long time while the skin appears (compared to IL-2).
edit: I repeat myself :) "if you switch off the markings, from an exterior view you do not see your own mark, but everybody else sees it."

OK thanks. So making your own markings makes no sense since everybody will see yours AND the original ones. I just leave em activated then and dont add own ones. Anyways there is no reason to except for people that need swastikas (wich i am not)

Winger

VO101_Tom
07-17-2011, 04:01 PM
OK thanks. So making your own markings makes no sense since everybody will see yours AND the original ones. I just leave em activated then and dont add own ones. Anyways there is no reason to except for people that need swastikas (wich i am not)

Winger

Exactly, everybody will see both markings.

In my case, the unique markings would have been good because i could have used a Hungarian markings – I do not need the swastika, what is not the part of the markings anyway. Only the six black crosses, and the numbers. Apart from these anywhere you may draw anything.

Winger
07-17-2011, 04:08 PM
OK, thanks guys. That clarified quite some thing for me!

Winger