PDA

View Full Version : CoD Won't launch

TomcatViP
07-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi all,

Seems than since the last auto patch my game can't launch either via the Steam launcher or direct double click on Launcher.exe.

I hve tried compatibility mode without success.

I am running the game on a quad core Win Pro 64 and did not hve any issue since I installed the game months ago.

If you feel like having digital blood running trough your veins and can only seen the world in monochrome colors your help is highly needed here !

~S!

TomcatViP
07-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Hi Hawk,

8Gb here

Dano
07-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Have you deleted the 1c softclub folder in my documents? If not try it after backing it up as it contains all your settings and stuff.

TomcatViP
07-09-2011, 05:22 PM
hi Dano,

no luck. Does not change anything. Game simply does not load. But steam seems to register me having access to the game. :confused:

Gamekeeper
07-09-2011, 06:26 PM
hi Dano,

no luck. Does not change anything. Game simply does not load. But steam seems to register me having access to the game. :confused:

One of our members had a similar issue (http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=37&id=563&Itemid=54)

Suggest you try the tips in the above thread and if no improvement check windows updates for NET4 or try updating from NET framework 4 (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17851)

TomcatViP
07-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Hi,

thx a lot for your help guys.

The game still not work (I like the idea of "Launcher.exe" that launch... nothing).

I hve un-installed the game and selecting install on steam leads to the huge download of 3200+MB when I hve the proper dvd with me !!!

Steam definitively is a farce for me. I am looking frwd to see that thing put as an option of CoD. I hate to see adds popping on my screen with stupid ninja warriors images each time I want my sim loaded.

what you are thinking abt guys ?

~S!

TomcatViP
07-16-2011, 10:18 PM
Steam definitively is a farce for me.

~S!

Shut that big mouth and stop growling damn kitty !

I hve to say that Steam saved my game with that automatic re-installation working perfectly fine for me;

Still there is those popping adds...;)

TheEnlightenedFlorist
07-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Shut that big mouth and stop growling damn kitty !

I hve to say that Steam saved my game with that automatic re-installation working perfectly fine for me;

Still there is those popping adds...;)

Go to Steam>Settings>Interface. Uncheck the thing about notifications at the bottom. You can also set your Library to be the default view when Steam is opened instead of the storefront.

WheelChair58
07-20-2011, 06:25 AM
HELLO NICE PERSONS!

I am having a simular problem when I attempt to launch COD a black page with a gold reticle and plane in the center about 2 inches in diameter and that's as far as it gets. When I go to task manager to end the app in open apps it only lists steam there and in processes it lists both steam and the launcher but goes no where whatsoever.

I am running Win 7 64Bit, Nvidia GTX 480, I7, 12GB RAM, and a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog.

I have done most everything I have ever learned drivers went to betas and regular in this situation deleted the ini's as suggested, restored to before the first run of the SIM to force it to do the set up again all to no avail.

Are there any other fixes anyone might have to assist me in this issue.

Thanx much for all you do!

Wheels

PS. I am going to redownload the SIM now and try a fresh install will keep an eye on your replies.

thanx again,

W__

Armatian
07-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Net framework 4 seems to be involved every time the game won't start, try updating it.

WheelChair58
07-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Net framework 4 seems to be involved every time the game won't start, try updating it.

Yes thanx I did the updates and uninstalled them and reinstalled them and repaired them and its still a no go. Any other thoughts would be most helpful.

Wheels

TomcatViP
07-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Hi WC58,

What did work for me was to un-install the game completely and then re-install it trough Steam (my settings went back automatically). Hve a try.

GL !

@TEF : thx for helping me killing those adds ;)

WheelChair58
07-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Hi WC58,

What did work for me was to un-install the game completely and then re-install it trough Steam (my settings went back automatically). Hve a try.

GL !

@TEF : thx for helping me killing those adds ;)

I gave it a whirl uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now and have no further success any other thoughts out there would be most appreciatyed!

Wheels

MadBlaster
07-21-2011, 06:24 AM
I'll take a guess. Maybe is isn't set up for dx10. Go to your conf.ini file in your 1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover directory (usually resides in my documents folder). Open it with notepad and check this setting Render=D3D9. Change to D3D10. Also, make sure to run in 32 bit mode, as it is 32 bit application.

TomcatViP
07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Did you try with the Firewall off ?

AWL_Spinner
07-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Ok, got the game today (woohoo!), installed and tried to run....

I get the golden target recticle of death and then nothing else (I've tried leaving it for a few minutes).

Tried deleting the cache folder in 1C softclub, and setting the Render to D3D10 in the conf.ini.

Trying a reinstall now but any further tips welcome.

Just how long is the golden recticle normally on screen for, anyway?

Cheers!

TomcatViP
07-29-2011, 12:40 AM
What's your config ?

Did you install it from the DVD ? Firewall off during the install etc etc... (seems we hve to go back to the basis with CoD install here)

anyway Good luck :rolleyes: