Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 07-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

Default CoD Won't launch

Hi all,

Seems than since the last auto patch my game can't launch either via the Steam launcher or direct double click on Launcher.exe.

I hve tried compatibility mode without success.

I am running the game on a quad core Win Pro 64 and did not hve any issue since I installed the game months ago.

If you feel like having digital blood running trough your veins and can only seen the world in monochrome colors your help is highly needed here !

~S!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Hi Hawk,

8Gb here
Old 07-09-2011, 04:13 PM
Approved Member

Have you deleted the 1c softclub folder in my documents? If not try it after backing it up as it contains all your settings and stuff.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

hi Dano,

no luck. Does not change anything. Game simply does not load. But steam seems to register me having access to the game.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomcatViP View Post
hi Dano,

no luck. Does not change anything. Game simply does not load. But steam seems to register me having access to the game.
One of our members had a similar issue

Suggest you try the tips in the above thread and if no improvement check windows updates for NET4 or try updating from NET framework 4

Last edited by Gamekeeper; 07-09-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Hi,

thx a lot for your help guys.

The game still not work (I like the idea of "Launcher.exe" that launch... nothing).

I hve un-installed the game and selecting install on steam leads to the huge download of 3200+MB when I hve the proper dvd with me !!!

Steam definitively is a farce for me. I am looking frwd to see that thing put as an option of CoD. I hate to see adds popping on my screen with stupid ninja warriors images each time I want my sim loaded.

what you are thinking abt guys ?

~S!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Steam definitively is a farce for me.

~S!
Shut that big mouth and stop growling damn kitty !

I hve to say that Steam saved my game with that automatic re-installation working perfectly fine for me;

Still there is those popping adds...
Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Shut that big mouth and stop growling damn kitty !

I hve to say that Steam saved my game with that automatic re-installation working perfectly fine for me;

Still there is those popping adds...
Go to Steam>Settings>Interface. Uncheck the thing about notifications at the bottom. You can also set your Library to be the default view when Steam is opened instead of the storefront.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation COD Won'T Launch For Me At All!

HELLO NICE PERSONS!

I am having a simular problem when I attempt to launch COD a black page with a gold reticle and plane in the center about 2 inches in diameter and that's as far as it gets. When I go to task manager to end the app in open apps it only lists steam there and in processes it lists both steam and the launcher but goes no where whatsoever.

I am running Win 7 64Bit, Nvidia GTX 480, I7, 12GB RAM, and a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog.

I have done most everything I have ever learned drivers went to betas and regular in this situation deleted the ini's as suggested, restored to before the first run of the SIM to force it to do the set up again all to no avail.

Are there any other fixes anyone might have to assist me in this issue.

Thanx much for all you do!

Wheels

PS. I am going to redownload the SIM now and try a fresh install will keep an eye on your replies.

thanx again,

W__
Old 07-20-2011, 11:43 AM
Approved Member

Net framework 4 seems to be involved every time the game won't start, try updating it.