PDA

View Full Version : Airwarfare downloads feature list

Gamekeeper
07-06-2011, 11:29 PM
We are currently developing our downloads section and are looking for user feedback.

I am in discussion with the developer of our downloads section, several new features are being looked at and I am looking for some feedback from our members about what features they feel would make our downloads system more desirable and easier to use.

Under consideration at the moment is a downloads link button that will display a link to a file for publication in blogs and forums.
Author name to be linked to a profile page listing all downloads by that author.
Various new methods of displaying downloads.

If you have any ideas on how to improve our service please let us know.

Airwarfare downloads (http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=viewcategories&Itemid=73)

Gourmand
07-07-2011, 08:43 AM
hi ;) nice work, i suggest you to inspirate from my specialized skin site in my signature...

by making some flux RSS by example

Gamekeeper
07-07-2011, 01:39 PM
hi ;) nice work, i suggest you to inspirate from my specialized skin site in my signature...

by making some flux RSS by example

Thanks Gourmand

The developer is looking into RSS as a standard for their downloads system.
The search system as it stands will do the same work as a filter, filters depend very much on the amount of data provided during uploading, sometimes this can be minimal.
In the future search by author and category (plane type) will be possible.

Downloads will only be managed by the author, letting anybody meddle with somebody else's work is a bit dangerous. IP bans or not

Shado
07-07-2011, 02:09 PM
" letting anybody meddle with somebody else's work is a bit dangerous. IP bans or not"
couldnt have put it better myself, if you could lock them down Gourmand that would be great.