PDA

View Full Version : a biT confused:)

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-05-2011, 10:57 AM
whats missing in This game for me is the spitfire proper engine sounds and gun sounds. is there a mod available yeT and is it easy to install,if i could have that id be quite happy with the sim so far,
thanks

Plt Off JRB Meaker
07-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Pretty sure Jafa's new sound mod is on it's way if you can wait,it's easy to install and the sounds will astound you,the man is obviously a genius.His Merlin is the best out there IMO,there ain't no one that can touch him on this.

Re weapon sounds,try Big Pickles weapon sound mod,again another genius at work and sooo much more realistic than the original game version's effort.

You will not be able to go online with these mods though as yet they are still deemed cheating by Steam and you could face being banned.

However whilst the current state of the multiplayer is in the state it is,your not going to be missing much by being online anyway.

Shado
07-05-2011, 12:52 PM
I couldnt have said it better myself, let the Video do the rest, If you missed out Sssssssssnake he is about to release the updated version soon :)

http://youtu.be/h_HVgsCCNRE

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-05-2011, 12:53 PM
thanks Pit,no im not bothered about online right now,do you have a link to Pickles mod ?install instructions please?thanks Shado too.that sounds brill.
thanks

Shado
07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
BigPickles sound mod can be found here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23775

Do you have/use the Kegetys mod file?

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-05-2011, 03:23 PM
thanks no i dont know that,ive reinstalled latest version and have not altered anything,could do with a walkthrough really:)

Shado
07-05-2011, 04:10 PM
I knew that was coming ;), no worries if someone doesnt reply by the time I get home I'll point you in the right direction if thats ok.

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-05-2011, 05:54 PM
thankyou that would be great:)

Shado
07-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Riiiiiiiiiight, now I'm sure it was around here already but i cant find it. here goes, sitting comfortably, righty ho.

Get the kegetys mod from here : http://www.kegetys.net/

To install the dll, put the kegetys.dll to your IL2COD install dir normally(c:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\).

Then modify the Launcher.exe.config file with a text editor (like notepad) and under maddox.Properties.Settings, add the 'kegetys.dll' to load similar to steam_api.dll. Ie. add the part highlighted in RED below: (Create a backup of the original file first!)

<applicationSettings>
<maddox.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="nativeDLL" serializeAs="String">
<value>parts\core\steam_api.dll</value>
</setting>
<setting name="nativeDLL" serializeAs="String">
<value>kegetys.dll</value>
</setting>
</maddox.Properties.Settings>
</applicationSettings>

Create a MODS folder within your COD directory like this :
(c:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\MODS).

Grab hold of Bigpickles sound mod here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?90i8rxb6mwi08i8

Once downloaded unzip/unrar it and this will give you a folder called BpSoundSuite, put this in you MODS folder.

Up to you but I run two shortcuts for Cod, one clean/untouched and one with the mod command line.

Nearly there :)

To get this mod to work you need to add this to the properties of your COD shortcut : right click the shortcut and go to the properties, in the target window add onto the end after the speech marks -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite
(note the space before -mod it is important)

It should now read
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite

Launch COD using that shortcut and you should be presented with the bpsound splash screen when the game loads, then you know you got it right.

If you decide to get any other mods you just have to copy that to your mods folder and change the properties of the shortcut to suit, be aware that if in Steam you have your game properties set to steam cloud synchronise then it will overwrite your Launcher.exe.config file when you update, always make a copy of the modded one so you can copy it back over.
Good luck and let us know how it's going.

Adonys also wrote that JSGME can also be used for mods in COD, I have not used this technique yet but it will allow you as it does in IL2 to run multiple mods.
You can read more here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23782

Shado
07-05-2011, 09:00 PM
You can run as many shortcuts as you like (not installs, as far as I know), each one pointing to a different mod if you wish, as for online usage, yes you will probably be damned to stalk the halls of codloss forever more.muhahahahha..ha.
Seriously though, it is rumoured that you could face a ban from Steam if it is found that you are cheating, some say that the kegetys mod will be seen as such a cheat and therefore kaput..........

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-05-2011, 09:56 PM
thanks Shad shall have a go tomoorow too late tonight ,i appreciate your time posting.cheers

Shado
07-05-2011, 11:04 PM
No worries

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Shado

having trouble locating this

To get this mod to work you need to add this to the properties of your COD shortcut : right click the shortcut and go to the properties, in the target window add onto the end after the speech marks -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite
(note the space before -mod it is important)

It should now read
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite

which shortcut the 1 on the desktop if so it has no " marks and wont allow me to put any?

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-06-2011, 06:24 PM
found it :)

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-06-2011, 06:29 PM
hmmm game wont boot up:(

SsSsSsSsSnake
07-06-2011, 06:43 PM
kool i got it to work,much better sounds,thanks for your help shad and pickle for the mods well done.

Shado
07-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Ahh late to the party, sorry didnt reply earlier just seen your posts, glad you got it sorted