PDA

View Full Version : Ground Start

Troll2k
06-28-2011, 12:29 AM
I am using version 1.02.14821.

I have created a multiplayer test dogfight map.

I created a red airfield.

I created a red spawn area(birthplace 0).

I set the plane set.Checked boxes parachute and spawn parked.

Saved mission.Exited FMB.

I next went to multiplayer.I chose server.Then I chose my test map.after the mission loaded I clicked on start battle and chose the red flag up top on the right.

I then chose the birthplace that appeared on the map.I then chose the plane from the plane set that I wanted to fly.I clicked okay .On the next screen I then clicked create.

The game started and I was in the plane I selected.But I was in the air.

How do I get the player planes to start on the ground in an online dogfight map?

There is no AI.

Stealth_Eagle
06-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Check your difficulty settings, I don't own Cliffs of Diver yet since I am in the US, but make sure take offs and landings is checked.

Troll2k
06-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Stealth Eagle thank you.

That was the problem.When Steam(in its infinite wisdom) automatically updated to the latest version it reset all my difficulty settings.

By the Way,I too am in North America.I decided not to wait and got the d/l version from Just Flight when it was on sale.I used the code to d/l from Steam.

Yes,it is half baked.Yes,things do not work.But for me it is quite playable and enjoyable.

Stealth_Eagle
06-28-2011, 12:55 PM
It's not a problem. The thing is, I preordered my game from steam before the Just Flight cheat thing. Just out of curiosity, what settings do you have and what is your rig?

ATAG_Doc
06-28-2011, 02:34 PM
It's not a problem. The thing is, I preordered my game from steam before the Just Flight cheat thing. Just out of curiosity, what settings do you have and what is your rig?

Very helpful information by the way I just came in here looking for the same answer. Thanks for your reply.

Troll2k
06-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Some people over at the Ubi forum have stated they got their money back for canceling their d/l preorder.Since the date keeps getting pushed back you might be able to cancel your order(d/l or boxed).At the rate they are progressing it would not surprise me if the North American release date got pushed back again.

Stealth_Eagle
06-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Well, I am just going to wait it out and be patient. Your welcome for the help.

My rig specs are in my signiture do not include my processor which is an AMD Phenom II X4 970 with no overclocking at a stock speed of 3.5 something.