PDA

View Full Version : Enormous loading time!

Sharpened
06-25-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't know what is the reason of this problem, but whenever I load a saved game or finish a battle, the game takes about 5 minutes to load. Any solutions?

Sharpened
06-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Any help guys? lol

ckdamascus
06-27-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't know what is the reason of this problem, but whenever I load a saved game or finish a battle, the game takes about 5 minutes to load. Any solutions?

Did it just happen out of the blue or it was always like this?

Besides the video resolution bug, I found KB to be very straightforward. It simply works on a lot of systems.

If it just started to happen out of the blue, I would guess your hdd might be failing.

You might want to back up all your key data before your hdd totally fails.

Sharpened
06-27-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. It worked perfectly, only recently did this problem appear. However, I don't think the problem is related to my hdd because sometime Kb loads normally, very rarely though. I can run a lot of games normally like Bioshock 2 ( which is heavier than Kb ) What do you recommend me to do? My laptop was attacked by some overheat/force shutdown but nothing affected my laptop's performance.

ckdamascus
06-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the reply. It worked perfectly, only recently did this problem appear. However, I don't think the problem is related to my hdd because sometime Kb loads normally, very rarely though. I can run a lot of games normally like Bioshock 2 ( which is heavier than Kb ) What do you recommend me to do? My laptop was attacked by some overheat/force shutdown but nothing affected my laptop's performance.

That's the problem with failing/dying harddisks. They will cause intermittent problems until they truly do fail. It could really take months before total failure. Sometimes it is certain 'regions' of the harddisk that exhibit problems before the entire head assembly goes kaput.

This could explain why bioshock 2 is fine for now.

I had the same case with Dragon Age Origins, where my saved games were getting super slow. Once in a while, the loading screens were slow too.

After a while, it turned out my new hdd was dying.

The problem with hdd diagnostic tools is that, if you DO have a problem, they tend to exacerbate the problem.

In any event, I strongly urge you to run a full back up somewhere before proceeding.

You could try the whole "reinstall" the game bit, but KB is really a pretty simple in technical terms (yet incredibly deep and complex) game. :)

Sharpened
06-28-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks again mate :) I'll just format my laptop and reinstall windows 7 to completely clean it then.