PDA

View Full Version : With the modding abilites that has surfaced - can skin panellines be edited?

Cpt_Farrel
06-21-2011, 09:40 AM
I've been skinning the Bf109E-3 a lot and the fact that the panellines could hardly be seen on that aircraft turned out to be a positive thing for me as it's easier to fill in the panellines than to tone them down.

Starting to look at other aircraft now there's lots of stuff on the skins, even with weathering at 0% that doesn't look good and are very hard to fix. The rivets on the Spits and Hurricanes for example are quite bad and above all overdone. Could that be fixed with some nice mod?

I really want to try that but I'm not sure where to begin, any hints or ideas from the guys working with ground textures perhaps?

Pierre@
06-21-2011, 11:44 AM
+1
maybe with the ability to modify some default markings, as the undersized 87 octane fuel yellow triangle on the Emil...?

Ali Fish
06-21-2011, 12:02 PM
It is possible to change it all but its a complicated process for most. and its not the diffuse textures that require changing its within the multitude of alpha channels that makes the panels appear less or more based upon the shaders usage. without official templates with all the construction information as seperate entitities. its just to much work at the moment !

Ive stopped all my work basicly because im not prepared to go out with the developers intentions regards kegetys and SDK implementation. i think its rude and offensve and it leaves 1C in a position where they are not in control. my feeling is they should be in control and us idiots playing in around with kegeties is not the intended way to mod this title. its not finished so im just trying to respect that.

Regards markings. It appears an editor was used for these which was later taken out of the title. SDK implementation and release may see that editor included but im not so sure given the swastika situation.

Cpt_Farrel
06-21-2011, 02:56 PM
You certainly have a point there and to be honest I'm not at all keen on modding at this stage myself but on the other hand, it's hard to keep from trying to fix things that really needs fixing and isn't likely to be a priority.

Many were offended when the panellines and weathering were locked with the motivation that there were lots of bad skins coming out for IL-2 1946 as clearly there were lots of skins that were better than the originals. In other words I'm not too worried about someone finding it rude trying to fix up some skins that have some very weird and unrealistic features. :)

Still, I'll propably site nicely and wait as I don't have the time for trial and error. We'll just have to wait and see.