PDA

View Full Version : JG26_German_Campaign released

dflion
06-20-2011, 01:51 AM
I have just released my COD JG26 German Campaign on Airwarfare.com

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=53&task=view.download&catid=4&cid=111

III/JG26 arrived on the Pas de Calais coast on the 21st July 1940 under the command of Maj. Adolf Galland. Galland had already made a name for himself in Spain and was a popular figure with all ranks in the Luftwaffe.

You will fly in command of III/JG26 during the first phase of the German air attack on Britain (The channel convoy attacks and then the 'free hunts' protecting the bombers). This phase of the 'Battle of Britain' took place between the 21st July and the 15th August 1940.
On the 21st July 1940 you arrive at the Pas de Calais coast and soon settle into your new airfield at Caffiers. Quickly you score your first victories against the RAF.

Download the zip file to a temporary folder then read the campaign notes for downloading details and acknowledgements.

I am interested in any feedback regarding this campaign.

DFLion

ATAG_Doc
06-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Doh

Server not found
Firefox can't find the server.

jamesdietz
06-20-2011, 03:22 AM
Ditto , can't find...but assuming I do find it - where does it install?

adonys
06-20-2011, 05:56 AM
oh well, campaign post, but site is down :(

anyone can re-upload it somewhere, please?

dflion
06-20-2011, 08:41 AM
oh well, campaign post, but site is down :(

anyone can re-upload it somewhere, please?

I have just contacted airwarfare.com and hopefully we will have a fix shortly.

'Frustrating for all of us!'

DFLion

dflion
06-20-2011, 08:45 AM
I have just checked the link and all appears ok. Go for it!

DFLion

pupo162
06-20-2011, 08:49 AM
wiiiiiii

cant wait to try it mate!

dflion
06-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Ditto , can't find...but assuming I do find it - where does it install?

Download the zip files to a temporary folder then open the campaign notes folder which details the downloading path for missions and skins.

DFLion

TonyD
06-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Magic - thank you! Downloading now, cannot wait to try it :)

Toasted_Toad
06-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks Mate,

D/Loading (and I don't even have the game yet) :cool:

Cheers,
T_T.

adonys
06-20-2011, 09:46 AM
got it, thank you!

ChicoMick
06-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Got it :)

many many thanks, good work :grin:

tumu
06-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Thx mate

Actually online game its limited to dogfights , and offline campaing for blue side its poor.. for me its very apreciated your work.

thx again

VO101_Tom
06-20-2011, 10:53 AM
I have just released my COD JG26 German Campaign on Airwarfare.com

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=53&task=view.download&catid=4&cid=111

Hi.
Great works, thank you. I not downloaded yet, i have one question before: i saw you attachment picture, BF 109 with swastika. This campaign pack overwrite plane skins too, or just missions? Only because of that interests, that it is necessary to restore something before on-line flying?

dflion
06-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi.
Great works, thank you. I not downloaded yet, i have one question before: i saw you attachment picture, BF 109 with swastika. This campaign pack overwrite plane skins too, or just missions? Only because of that interests, that it is necessary to restore something before on-line flying?

When you place Capt.Farrel's excellent historical skins into the 'Skins' folder under Bf109E-3 who will be able to fly all the missions 'offline' with the 'harkenkruse' showing. If you play 'online' with these skins, 'Steam' will restrict you using these skins. You may have to put any German histrorical skins in a seperate folder when playing 'online'.

DFLion

LcSummers
06-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks bud,

got it. Great!!!

adonys
06-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?2ly6rnkqr2dw8wg)'s the JG26 campaign made as an IL2 CoD campaign.

PS: the content of \il2_cod_folder\ goes into steamapps\il2cod\ folder, while the content of \il2_cod_settings_folder\ goes into documents & settings\...\il2cod\ settings folder

PPS: dflion please feel free to use this as further basis for updates or whatever

Orpheus
06-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Downloaded and played up to mission IV so far. Really enjoying it, missions are good, briefings well done. Noticing an odd thing with the AI though, at some waypoints groups seem to circle randomly - not sure if this is intended behaviour or not, but it's certainly odd when the AP suddenly steers way off course! ;) I only seem to be able to use one skin, selecting others shows it in the 'fitting' screen but not in the mission itself.

Once the radio commands get fixed this'll be even better, nice to be leading wings of aircraft :) Thanks for your hard work dude!

Seeker
06-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Thanks for this.

Orpheus
06-20-2011, 08:38 PM
I had a problem in the first mission. After takeoff, heading approx 270 as the runway is that direction, I circled and left on a departure heading of 350 at around 2300m to head towards Audembert. None of my Schwarm joined me, although I had witnessed them taking off. Of course, with the radio function not working, I couldn't direct them to rejoin. Is there some sort of waypoint trigger I missed?

Had exactly this as well!

SlipBall
06-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Downloaded and played through the first 2 missions. Nice briefs, glad you put a ferry flight and test flight in the beginning, gives a sense of early war, and not jumping directly into 50 plane battles.

I had a problem in the first mission. After takeoff, heading approx 270 as the runway is that direction, I circled and left on a departure heading of 350 at around 2300m to head towards Audembert. None of my Schwarm joined me, although I had witnessed them taking off. Of course, with the radio function not working, I couldn't direct them to rejoin. Is there some sort of waypoint trigger I missed?

In the end, it didn't matter, because playing with the oil rad and water rad on the last leg of the flight, I perforated my radiators and was forced to bring her down quickly, and didn't get to hunt for any Brits lingering in the area.

There are certain rules in place for departing the airport traffic pattern in RL, I think that the AI were just following whatever rules are in game...here is the general rule here in the States, but this will vary from feild to field.

"When departing the traffic pattern, airplanes should continue straight out
or exit with a 45 left turn (right turn for right traffic pattern) beyond
the departure end of the runway after reaching pattern altitude. Pilots need
to be aware of any traffic entering the traffic pattern prior to commencing
a turn."

Wandalen
06-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Fantastic ! Thanks alot :)

I added another download mirror >> http://www.norwegian-server.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?1093.0

Gamekeeper
06-20-2011, 11:23 PM
JG26_German_Campaign is proving to be the most popular download so far. If you enjoy the campaign please be sure to rate it and leave a review on the download page (http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=53&task=view.download&catid=4&cid=111)

dflion
06-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Downloaded and played through the first 2 missions. Nice briefs, glad you put a ferry flight and test flight in the beginning, gives a sense of early war, and not jumping directly into 50 plane battles.

In the end, it didn't matter, because playing with the oil rad and water rad on the last leg of the flight, I perforated my radiators and was forced to bring her down quickly, and didn't get to hunt for any Brits lingering in the area.

There are quite a few features 'switched-off' in the FMB. For example, you can't nominate a take-off direction, due to the prevailing winds yet. I have been manually taking-off, with complex engine management, then puting the aircraft on 'A' (autopilot) while the rest of the Gruppe form-up. The Schwarms take-off in pairs then form-up on you, after circling the airfield once. You then start steadily climbing out over the Channel in a Schwarm or Gruppe. When you see the enemy fighters, or here somebody reporting them, go back to manual flying and good luck. The same situation applies in 'Spitfire Dawn'.

The radio commands are not working properly either. I would imagine they will act as 'trigger points' to command your Schwarm or Gruppe to do certain things.

I have been given a link to a Russian site where one of their members have 'cracked' how the FMB works. The site has been translated in English and I am currently studying how to get the FMB working better. Hopefully Ilya and his team are working on getting the FMB up and running with all the features working very soon?

DFLion

Rince
06-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Thank U!

I really appreciate the work of all Mission-Builders!
Downloading it right now an give it tomorrow a try with...the new PATCH!:cool:

adonys
06-21-2011, 05:52 AM
I have been given a link to a Russian site where one of their members have 'cracked' how the FMB works. The site has been translated in English and I am currently studying how to get the FMB working better. Hopefully Ilya and his team are working on getting the FMB up and running with all the features working very soon?

DFLion

What's the site link, please?

Also, same thing happened to me too, for some reason, the schwarm doesn't recognize you as leader anymore, and they are not following you, or respond to any of your commands (which is because the command system in-game is broken). I think it might be related with the take-off sequence (most of the time, I am pushed away from the runaway by the wind, and after asking for take-off clearence, I am going to the next nav point straight away, without waiting for the schwarm to form up).

dflion
06-21-2011, 09:01 AM
What's the site link, please?

Also, same thing happened to me too, for some reason, the schwarm doesn't recognize you as leader anymore, and they are not following you, or respond to any of your commands (which is because the command system in-game is broken). I think it might be related with the take-off sequence (most of the time, I am pushed away from the runaway by the wind, and after asking for take-off clearence, I am going to the next nav point straight away, without waiting for the schwarm to form up).

adonys, sadly I can't copy the link for you (something to do with the 'Google translation').
Look at www.sukoi.ru/forum/building campaigns.Technical issues dated: 21/04/2011 by Maestro_Bear - assembling the campaign, technical issues.

If you find it and translate it to the language of your choice, let me know what you think?

DFLion

adonys
06-21-2011, 09:43 AM
This is the link to the Assembling the campaign.Technical issues. (http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68769) thread.

And he haven't cracked anything relating how FMB works, he just posted some instructions (not full description of it anyway) regarding how a campaign must be made.

Things I've personally already knew, it's enough to have a look at the way MG's IL2 CoD original campaigns are made (and that's how he learned what he posted in there too). That's how I've transformed your missions into a proper IL2 CoD campaign (I just did a fast and dirty work of it, haven't tried to do it in the proper way, as I don't have time for that. A proper implementation of a campaign will need modifications of the mission files, adding screenshots and intermediate descriptions for all missions, and also scripting).

I don't understand what do you mean by what do I think.. If you ask me if I know how to make missions, or a proper campaign, or make C# scripting.. the answer is yes, I do. I am working in real-life as a lead designer/senior producer/project-manager in a game developing company, and I know programming too (I've finished an IT university).

He111
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
looks good, here's a screen shot ..

jamesdietz
06-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I think it will be in your Documents/1C Softclub/IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover/Campaigns folder

same path as installing custom skins, but into the campaign folder instead of skins.

I installed it there but at game start I can't find it...what have I done wrong or missed? Thanks!

dflion
06-22-2011, 04:57 AM
I installed it there but at game start I can't find it...what have I done wrong or missed? Thanks!

Download the zip file to a temporary folder, then copy and paste all files into 'Single' missions, which are found in the following file structure (Win7) libraries, documents, 1c Softclub, il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover, missions, single. Place the skins into the 'Bf-109E-3 folder, located in the 'skins' folder (using the same file structure as above).

DFLion

dflion
06-22-2011, 05:14 AM
This is the link to the Assembling the campaign.Technical issues. (http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68769) thread.

And he haven't cracked anything relating how FMB works, he just posted some instructions (not full description of it anyway) regarding how a campaign must be made.

Things I've personally already knew, it's enough to have a look at the way MG's IL2 CoD original campaigns are made (and that's how he learned what he posted in there too). That's how I've transformed your missions into a proper IL2 CoD campaign (I just did a fast and dirty work of it, haven't tried to do it in the proper way, as I don't have time for that. A proper implementation of a campaign will need modifications of the mission files, adding screenshots and intermediate descriptions for all missions, and also scripting).

I don't understand what do you mean by what do I think.. If you ask me if I know how to make missions, or a proper campaign, or make C# scripting.. the answer is yes, I do. I am working in real-life as a lead designer/senior producer/project-manager in a game developing company, and I know programming too (I've finished an IT university).

I haven't had a good chance to look at this Russian post carefully, I've been busy with my own business comittments. What I meant by 'what do you think?' is what do think about the Russian post and you have answered this question above.

I certainly haven't got your qualifications, I am a retired Airlne marketing person. My eldest son is a computer programmer and I occasionally ask him some technical questions.

Adonys, it will be handy now to ask you about anything in the game developing environment and mission building. You must be very frustrated about how 'unfinished' COD is, although I have strong faith in Ilya's team to gradually 'iron out' the problems.

DFLion

jamesdietz
06-22-2011, 05:18 AM
Download the zip file to a temporary folder, then copy and paste all files into 'Single' missions, which are found in the following file structure (Win7) libraries, documents, 1c Softclub, il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover, missions, single. Place the skins into the 'Bf-109E-3 folder, located in the 'skins' folder (using the same file structure as above).

DFLion

Thanks thats all I needed!

dflion
06-22-2011, 06:45 AM
Also, it seems that if you don't encounter the British planes, the mission is automatically failed? I've replayed missions 1 & 2, and haven't encountered anything so far (maybe I'm flying too high, I'm a bit paranoid of not being high enough anytime I'm under 4k.) I've followed the waypoints, but have yet to run into spits or hurri's.

Cheesehawk, mission 1 is just a 'positioning flight' with no enemy aircraft - lets you get familiar with your 'Emil'. You do have to watch out for other friendly aircraft?

In mission 2, you are picked up by British radar and two Spitfires from Manston are sent up to intercept you. My suggestion is to put your 'Emil', after take-off on 'A' (autopilot) until you see them, they will certainly see you, then 'disengage the autopilot' and good luck?

I know the 'autopilot' situation is not realistic, though, until we are up and running with the full FMB, I don't think we have much choice.

Let me know how you go?

DFLion

adonys
06-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Dflion, have a look in here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23959) at my survey of the scripting capabilities of the FMB from MG's original IL2 CoD campaigns.

planespotter
06-22-2011, 07:55 AM
dont have patience to read the whole thread sorry :P this campaign it works or is buggy? it is worth downloading and easy to do so?

dflion
06-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Dflion, have a look in here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23959) at my survey of the scripting capabilities of the FMB from MG's original IL2 CoD campaigns.

Thanks for this info. adonys, it is very interesting. I think Luthier (Ilya) said in the initial release, the FMB would need some 'programming skills' and looking at your post, he is certainly right - there are a lot of mission variables. I will do some more study.

DFLion

dflion
06-22-2011, 08:38 AM
dont have patience to read the whole thread sorry :P this campaign it works or is buggy? it is worth downloading and easy to do so?

planespotter, give the campaign a go. As we have been discussing in this thread, the full FMB is not working properly yet. Once you get into a combat situation in the campaign - good luck? My suggestion is to fly on 'A' (autopilot) until you contact the enemy.

DFLion

jamesdietz
06-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Have followed instructions & missions are in Single mission folder as required , but they still don't show up in game.Do they need to be in a folder with a title ? Want to get this up & working...

gabuzomeu
06-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks for this info. adonys, it is very interesting. I think Luthier (Ilya) said in the initial release, the FMB would need some 'programming skills' and looking at your post, he is certainly right - there are a lot of mission variables. I will do some more study.

DFLion
Hi
A few russian made campaigns on sukhoi.ru use scripting in c#.
They can count kills, give a score , through the whole campaign. On events you also get special messages etc...
I will put translated -google- versions online, hopefully today.

dflion
06-23-2011, 06:34 AM
Have followed instructions & missions are in Single mission folder as required , but they still don't show up in game.Do they need to be in a folder with a title ? Want to get this up & working...

Sorry to see you are having trouble loading the campaign. Are you loading 'adonys' 'conversion to campaign files' or my 'single mission' files? What are your system specs?

DFLion

dflion
06-23-2011, 06:37 AM
Hi
A few russian made campaigns on sukhoi.ru use scripting in c#.
They can count kills, give a score , through the whole campaign. On events you also get special messages etc...
I will put translated -google- versions online, hopefully today.

Thanks gabuzomeu, for doing this.

DFLion

jamesdietz
06-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Sorry to see you are having trouble loading the campaign. Are you loading 'adonys' 'conversion to campaign files' or my 'single mission' files? What are your system specs?

DFLion

Maybe I've gotten this incorrect- I've taken your download.opened it, added the skins to paintschemes & taken the missions and put them directly into single mission folder.Is there a transition step ,perhaps thru "adonys" mission utility? How does that work?
Thanks!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7CPM
950@3.o7GHz 3.06GHz
RAM16.0GB
Nvidia GeForce9800GT

planespotter
06-24-2011, 07:20 AM
planespotter, give the campaign a go. As we have been discussing in this thread, the full FMB is not working properly yet. Once you get into a combat situation in the campaign - good luck? My suggestion is to fly on 'A' (autopilot) until you contact the enemy.

DFLion

Then I wait. All this talk of scripting and folders and flying autopilot I am too lazy. At work, I work. At home, I just want to play. Preferably with girlfriend but if she is not home then PC game and beer is OK 8)

bolox
06-24-2011, 09:54 AM
first off, THANK YOU

as single missions they all ran ok -except mis 11 which was unplayable on my rig at any settings. overall they were 'heavy' for my rig- had to drop some graphic settings to get a smoother experience. after sorting that out afun time ensued:)

rig: 920@4.0, 4890 1gb, 6gb, win7

dflion
06-26-2011, 04:14 AM
first off, THANK YOU

as single missions they all ran ok -except mis 11 which was unplayable on my rig at any settings. overall they were 'heavy' for my rig- had to drop some graphic settings to get a smoother experience. after sorting that out afun time ensued:)

rig: 920@4.0, 4890 1gb, 6gb, win7

Thanks bolox, I'm glad you are enjoying the missions. Mission 11 caused my rig to run at 1-5FPS. I had to drop some graphic settings too, to make it work. This day was historically when the Luftwaffe attacked England in massive force (never to be repeated), including against 12 and 13 Groups in the north. With all the aircraft flying from both sides, it really drained COD's resources.

Hopefully Luthier will have a look at this mission as some sort of resources benchmark, because if he doesn't resolve the issues, it will effect the flight sim in the future when B17's, B24's, Halifaxes and Lancasters start populating the skies?

PCconfigDFLion
OpSys: Win7pro 64bit
Processor: Intel Core2 Extreme Q6850 @3.00Ghz
Ram: 8GB Corsair
Video card: ATI HD4870x2
Display: Benq24 1920x1200 (60Hz)
Direct X: DirectX11
Sound: Creative SB X-FI

jamesdietz
06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Got 'em up & running...Many thanks for your efforts...the first third party missions I've installed in CloD...just like years ago in IL-2 who knows where this will go from her...but this is the beginning!

dflion
06-29-2011, 04:28 AM
Got 'em up & running...Many thanks for your efforts...the first third party missions I've installed in CloD...just like years ago in IL-2 who knows where this will go from her...but this is the beginning!

The IL-2 COD flightsim at this early stage, is certainly a 'deja vu' with the beginnings of IL-2 Sturmovik, all those years ago. There were many performance problems before gradually everything got 'ironed out'.

Let me know how you go with the missions?

DFLion

RE77ACTION
07-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm currently only at mission 3 so I can't give you any constructive comments. But I want to thank you for the work you put into this campaign. So far it really shows!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!