PDA

View Full Version : $20 bucks wasted [SOLVED]

mortyr420
06-19-2011, 07:17 AM
i got kings bounty armored princess from wal mart yesterday, it came with no activation key and now i find out i have 3 install and my game turns into a $20 dvd coaster???? this is why i am giving up on pc games.

it seems that the people that don't pirate and go and buy the games are being punished and for me it's going to stop.

joasoz
06-23-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi there.

1. You can deactivate the game (if you are going to discard your comp and get a new one) and get back an activation

2. This is a VERY good game. Dont give up.

I agree that this kind of DRM is not good, but you really should play this game :)

Strikh
07-24-2011, 09:25 PM
How in the Nine Hells do I deactivate?

It asks for a serial number.

The only numbers I see on the box are a bar code, and a PN +6 digits number on the disk itself.

EFILNIKUFESIN
07-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I have the same problem no serial #

Sneaksie
07-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Sorry guys, we'll look into this and i will provide a solution for you ASAP.
I assume all of you have bought the game in Walmart?

Strikh
07-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Sorry guys, we'll look into this and i will provide a solution for you ASAP.
I assume all of you have bought the game in Walmart?

Sounds like it. Here's what I wrote in the other thread on the same topic:

"Same here. Bought it at Walmart. Fancy cardboard box, but inside is a plain black cd case. Only thing inside that is the disk. No paper, no activation code...

A little more info:

It is a single disk that contains King's Bounty: Armored Princess and the King's Bounty: Crossworlds expansion.

Looks like WallyWorld is selling incomplete copies.

OK, I've read through more threads here, and I see that one person had issues AFTER installing the patch...

So, I've uninstalled the game, and am in the process of re-installing it. I guess I'll try starting an unpatched game, then try applying the patch afterwards.

Really frustrating spending half a day trying to get a game to work, though, with no real hope of success.
:angry emoticon here:

Ayep. Game ran "fine" at first. I saved it, then installed the patch I got from the "Official Site" --- Crossworlds_1.0.0.1.exe

I tried restarting the game, and got the garbage about entering activation codes that I never received.

Should I bother uninstalling (again) and re-installing (again) and forgo the patch?

Is my game just going to inevitably crash? I'll be PO'd if so..."

After uninstalling and re-installing the game twice, I've been playing just fine without the patch. I don't get much time to play, so I'm not too far into the game (I'm only on the 2nd island in the first "chapter", but so far so good.

So, it sounds like the patch is what raises the activation issue.

Sneaksie
07-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Can other customers confirm that the problem arises only after applying the patch?
If yes, don't install it please:) What is the game version prior to installing it?

Strikh
07-26-2011, 11:53 PM
Mine says version 1.3.1 Build 6171

Sneaksie
07-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Correct, this is the latest version of KB: Crossworlds. Other customers, please confirm that your game runs fine without the patch.
Everyone who bought the game in Walmart, don't install the patch, it was made for another protected version and your version is already up to date.

Strikh
07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks, Sneaksie!

I'm glad we got to the bottom of this, with a positive result. :grin: