PDA

View Full Version : **DEVS**Use of Sound Mod ONLINE

Ze-Jamz
06-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Okay..

Given the amount of time its going to take for you to rework the sound in this much loved game i ask this simple question:

Can we use a SOUND MOD Online untill that time?

**EDIT** Or at least give us a time frame on when VAC will be implemented so we can enjoy it while it lasts instead of everyone worrying if they decide to use it, Seriously fear of cheats should be the last thing on your minds in regards to this release, its little things like this that make a difference to a game and a community..Yes i am one of those people that press flyBy so i can hear a engine sound lol... i also ride a Fireblade and drink loads of beer and have fights, well maybe not fights..not very often anyway but you get my drift

Most of us here play this game Online and purchased it for the MP experience though YES im sure we all play SP too but stopping us from using a sound mod online because of the threat of a BAN is wrong imo

Sound is a massive part of immersion and the original sound is shall we say ''Low quality'' to be PC

I guess as much as im asking if we can use it without getting banned im also asking is there a way that some servers have it OFF and some dont so i guess it would have to be switchable, im not sure this could be implemented so forgive me if thats just not viable

I dont cheat and wouldnt even consider it so I will be using these great sounds that even though they may be rough around the edges they are a million times better than what we have and they instantly transform the game for me when using them...if i get banned for using a SOUND mod then so be it but given the state of a game that i paid £50 for...well lets just say id be upset

Thoughts on this DEVS and players alike

Thee_oddball
06-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Okay..

Given the amount of time its going to take for you to rework the sound in this much loved game i ask this simple question:

Can we use a SOUND MOD Online?

Most of us here play this game Online and purchased it for the MP experience though YES im sure we all play SP too but stopping us from using a sound mod online because of the threat of a BAN is wrong imo

Sound is a massive part of immersion and the original sound is shall we say ''Low quality'' to be PC

I guess as much as im asking if we can use it without getting banned im also asking is there a way that some servers have it OFF and some dont so i guess it would have to be switchable, im not sure this could be implemented so forgive me if thats just not viable

I dont cheat and wouldnt even consider it so I will be using these great sounds that even though they may be rough around the edges they are a million times better than what we have and they instantly transform the game for me when using them...if i get banned for using a SOUND mod then so be it but given the state of a game that i paid £50 for...well lets just say id be upset

Thoughts on this DEVS and players alike

the way it WILL work is you will have to submit your MOD for approval ...once and if it is accepted a definition will be added to VAC to allow it so you wont get kicked or your account banned.

As i understand it VAC is not yet been setup so i think you can use the mod now...but i am not %100 sure on that

Ze-Jamz
06-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Ok thks.. :)

Seems Fair, hopefully they will 'ALLOW' us to use it then, its the least they could do given the circumstances dont you think?

skouras
06-18-2011, 01:36 PM
yeeeeeeessssss:grin:

Trooper117
06-18-2011, 05:56 PM
. i also ride a Fireblade and drink loads of beer and have fights, well maybe not fights

A Blade eh?
But not a 92 Fireblade, the purists choice!
Mind you , any Blade is a pretty good choice.. :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/TROOPER117/THEMACHINE.jpg

Ivan Fooker
06-18-2011, 06:49 PM
Imho there should be 2 options in booting a server.
Mods enabled & default.
That would fix all discussions about any mods online.

Tbh, i would like to fly on my squadrons server online with mods.
I dont want to fly with Mods online in any tournaments etc.

Gamekeeper
06-18-2011, 07:59 PM
How do you go about solving the licensing problem for the sounds acquired from various sources?

Ali Fish
06-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Its practically harmless using sounds re jigged to work in COD. Nobody is profiting from it financially. so please lets not go down that route. But doo seek permission where ever possible and consider not releasing what you want because of these issues.

I havent commented on sounds as of yet. but i will now. i think you've all got a screw loose by wanting to use these silly sounds fudged to work in the system we currently have. the sounds require sampling. ie creating the sample. and then making it/them work properly. just dumping some tweaked real recordings in there is not good enough by any standards. You are not doing the simulation any justice and Luthier really is not interested one little bit.

Gamekeeper
06-18-2011, 10:04 PM
You are not doing the simulation any justice and Luthier really is not interested one little bit.

Totally agree and hope you're right on the last bit.

Thee_oddball
06-19-2011, 12:15 AM
A Blade eh?
But not a 92 Fireblade, the purists choice!
Mind you , any Blade is a pretty good choice.. :)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y89/TROOPER117/THEMACHINE.jpg
that would be a nice scooter...for my 10 year old son :grin:
unless you want to look like some Kleines Mädchen i would get a REAL bike :-P V10 top speed 300mph :shock:
http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/photos/tomahawk.jpg

S!

Thee_oddball
06-19-2011, 12:17 AM
How do you go about solving the licensing problem for the sounds acquired from various sources?

have you ever opened a jigsaw puzzle and threw it up in the air and hoped it landed put together?...that should answer you question :)

SsSsSsSsSnake
06-19-2011, 09:29 AM
ODDball that is nothing like a Lambretta or vespa:)