PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Delay...anyone else?

droz
06-14-2011, 07:55 PM
I get about a 1 second delay when I press the trigger on my stick before my weapons begin to fire. Anyone else get this issue?

1337Avi80R
06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Yeah I noticed this too. Thats why I miss so many times. Especially with the 20mm.
I don't know wether that is realistic...it might be.

Seeker
06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Yes. Does it persist after you release too?

Rattlehead
06-14-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't know what joysticks you guys are using, but on my X-52 pro I had the same effect, until I realised my main trigger was one of those 'dual' triggers (I don't know the right term, but I hope you know what I mean) where lightly squeezing it activates the first trigger, and squeezing it all the way down activates the second trigger, and I had mapped my machine guns to the second trigger, giving me a slight delay when firing.
Once I mapped it to the first trigger all was well.

droz
06-14-2011, 11:05 PM
I don't know what joysticks you guys are using, but on my X-52 pro I had the same effect, until I realised my main trigger was one of those 'dual' triggers (I don't know the right term, but I hope you know what I mean) where lightly squeezing it activates the first trigger, and squeezing it all the way down activates the second trigger, and I had mapped my machine guns to the second trigger, giving me a slight delay when firing.
Once I mapped it to the first trigger all was well.

yeah, dual stage here, but i have the first stage selected.

jimbop
06-15-2011, 03:34 AM
I get this but only when there are a lot of planes around so it seems like a processor-related delay to me. See this thread for discussion (but no fix):

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20232

Psycho_Ch!cken
06-15-2011, 07:37 AM
It's the same old input lag that's been around since day 1. You just notice it more easily on the trigger.

CharveL
06-17-2011, 02:41 AM
It's likely a performance related issue, I'm thinking video card or system memory, paired with the still unoptimized engine.

If you want to check if that's it just turn down the textures and effects and see if that helps it. Worth a shot.

For the record I had the same thing on release but one of the early patches has pretty much cured it for me, even with aggressive detail settings.

AndyHill
06-17-2011, 10:04 AM
From my experience I'd say it is indeed performance-related. I've had the delay problem (and it's not just the trigger, it's in every input) from the start and the only way to make it go away is to get the FPS really high (80+ preferrably, which is somewhat challenging with iCoD).

I've also noticed that the control stick and surfaces are rendered at a fraction of the FPS of the rest of the game and if that's also the poll rate for controllers, that would explain the issue. This is somewhat unlikely, but if any of you know a conf.ini setting or something that will increase the rendering rate of teh controllers, I'd love to give it a shot. The sluggish controls take all the enjoyment out of flying iCoD, so I'd really like to see this fixed.

jojovtx
06-17-2011, 12:39 PM
This issue definitely makes decent gunnery a challenge in online dogfighting. Especially when flying a 110 and all you get are crazy deflection shot opportunities.

RE77ACTION
06-17-2011, 01:25 PM
I have also a slight delay (roughly estimate it about 100ms or a bit more), but I don't think it's computer performance related. The delay stays the same when flying high above sea without clouds or low above industrial areas. But I have to admit I didn't test it thoroughly. And I also didn't test it on a system that is really struggling in the first place. The delay also looks the same for joystick or keyboard input for different functions (shooting, landing gear, pitch, etc).

I'm not really bothered by this slight input delay because I automatically compensate for it (in 95% of the situations). I don't know if this delay has good reasons flight sim wise. If it is to simulate reality, I like it to stay this way. If it is a technical problem, I like it to be solved...

I have no delay issues regarding my Track IR 5 in CloD. It's response is just phenomenal!

SEE
06-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Trigger delay is directly proportional to Graphic settings and inversely proportional to System Specs.......:grin:

I still have a slight gun delay but after upgrading and the 'performance improving patches' it is acceptable though not perfect.

VO101_MMaister
06-18-2011, 12:08 PM
I have delay as well (ca. 3-400ms) but not only on the trigger, but basicly on every control in game, including the mouse and trackIR. Very frustrating, that is the reason why I totally abandoned this game.

Timberwolf
06-20-2011, 05:08 AM
I would look in to it being a glitch in the game seeing everyone has it happenning..i haven't yet.. However i have had it where the gun would not work for about 1/2 sec and then shoot 10 rounds pause 10 rounds in another game .. turned out to be the switch in the trigger worn out (logitech 3dpro)

I notice in this game after 3 secs of fire 1 gun stops and the right one only shoots untill you let go of the trigger and then press it again

jimbop
06-20-2011, 05:13 AM
I would look in to it being a glitch in the game seeing everyone has it happenning..i haven't yet..

Try playing the Aerial Battle - Dover quick mission and see if you get lag. There are a lot of planes (relatively, anyway) in this mission and that is when I notice lag. Fine with most smaller missions.

jamesdietz
06-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Yup! Irritating- missed shots!