PDA

View Full Version : BpSoundSuite

BigPickle
06-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Hey all,
Since the SDK appears to be a way off and with the full sound replacement coming I'll throw this out now, it is beta, it is not that great but people can try it out.
I'm not changing things on request, this is a simple experiment in replacement from stock nothing more. Lets not forget this wouldnt be possible if 1C had not made the game and had the gracious generocity to allow us to tinker with the game while they upgrade it, so thank you 1C team very much for this privilege.

I have made 2 versions, a full and a lite.
The difference being the Lite has no merlin or daimler sound for those that wish to keep Jafa's splended sounds but, keeps my weapons sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nq0vnDLKyE

BpSoundSuite Change log

* splash screen
* backgrounds (though some may be missing)
* merlin engine
* daimler engine
* jumo engine
* gipsy major engine
* flaks & bombs
* browing 303
* mg17
* mg FF
* crash
* wind sounds (tiger moth only)
* hit impact sounds (aircraft)
* fire sounds
* ground roll
* strain/creak

Ok so you need kegey's etc you know the drill. Then stick my folder into your MODS folder and amend the command line as follows:

1) lite version and to keep jafa's sounds your command line is as follows,
-mod=MODS\CMSound -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuiteLite

http://www.mediafire.com/?2su17lu8e5ucblb

2) my full suite including my merlin and daimler sounds
-mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite

http://www.mediafire.com/?90i8rxb6mwi08i8

I have not tested them together but i dont envisage any problems.

DO NOT GO ONLINE WITH THIS, if you get banned you deserve it for being dumb and not reading.

*No copyright infringment intended-all rights belong to any orginal creators of art, sound, or audio from video used in this mod*

Once again thank you 1C.

fireflyerz
06-13-2011, 09:36 PM
VIDEO!!!:grin:

Shado
06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
LOLz, thanks BigPickle

skouras
06-13-2011, 09:49 PM
you guys are awesome:grin:

BigPickle
06-13-2011, 10:00 PM
will make a video tomorrow i promise bed is calling now

Shado
06-14-2011, 07:48 AM
WAAAAAKE UPPP!!!!, wow, that Daimler sound, awesome thank you.

Doc_uk
06-14-2011, 08:02 AM
Ok, im now going to try your, seeing as i cant get Jafa's to work anymore
let you no how it go;s

Doc_uk
06-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Nope no luck, cant get it to work :(
Heres were i placed your mod, is this correct?
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\MODS\BpSoundSuite

And this is what i added to my desktop shortcut
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite

Were have i gone wrong?

Ali Fish
06-14-2011, 08:19 AM
-mod=MODS/BpSoundSuite
/, not \ possibly ?

adonys
06-14-2011, 08:28 AM
have you added kegetys' dll and modified the Launcher.exe.config file accordingly?

Doc_uk
06-14-2011, 08:34 AM
have you added kegetys' dll and modified the Launcher.exe.config file accordingly?
Yes to the first question, and can you not read to the second :)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite

Doc_uk
06-14-2011, 08:35 AM
-mod=MODS/BpSoundSuite
/, not \ possibly ? tryd that ali, no luck

Ali Fish
06-14-2011, 08:38 AM
how about using a semi colon ?
try remove the "MODS" folder and simply keep BPsoundsuite folder and attach command line for that. if that dont work it must be a kegety dll issue somehwere.

naz
06-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Yes to the first question, and can you not read to the second :)
D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite

I think adonys was referring to this part of kegety's readme...

To install the dll, put the kegetys.dll to your IL2COD install dir. Then modify the Launcher.exe.config file with a text editor (like notepad) and under maddox.Properties.Settings, add the 'kegetys.dll' to load similar to steam_api.dll. Ie. add the part highlighted in red below: (Create a backup of the original file first!)

<applicationSettings>
<maddox.Properties.Settings>
<setting name="nativeDLL" serializeAs="String">
<value>parts\core\steam_api.dll</value>
</setting>
<value>kegetys.dll</value>
</setting>
</maddox.Properties.Settings>
</applicationSettings>

Excuse me if I am mistaken , but I think you may have added the correct words to the launcher.exe shortcut but you have not actually also edited the correct file as per the kegetys readme...that file is Launcher.exe.config

Doc_uk
06-14-2011, 08:49 AM
No still no luck, i will wait till bigpickle, wakes up, and see if he can help me out

adonys
06-14-2011, 09:05 AM
yes naz, that's what I was referring to, and I can bet this is actually doc_uk's problem. adding "D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuite" is just a part of kegetys' setting, another is to modify the Launcher.exe.config by adding the kegetys .dll into it, as naz had the kindness to copy/pasted it to you (please READ kegetys tool readme).

Have a look in HERE (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23782), please..

drewpee
06-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Great alternative sounds. Works great. Well Done ~S~ :o

ChicoMick
06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Thanks Bp, a good mod.

It's a great idea that we can now pick and mix your's and jafa's sound mods. They are both brilliant, thanks a lot :grin:

skouras
06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
what i do was very easy
go to the mods folder delete everything and paste the two new folders:grin:

Doc_uk
06-14-2011, 02:21 PM
I think adonys was referring to this part of kegety's readme...

To install the dll, put the kegetys.dll to your IL2COD install dir. Then modify the Launcher.exe.config file with a text editor (like notepad) and under maddox.Properties.Settings, add the 'kegetys.dll' to load similar to steam_api.dll. Ie. add the part highlighted in red below: (Create a backup of the original file first!)

<applicationSettings>
</setting>
</setting>
</applicationSettings>

Excuse me if I am mistaken , but I think you may have added the correct words to the launcher.exe shortcut but you have not actually also edited the correct file as per the kegetys readme...that file is Launcher.exe.config
Yes sorry guys its working now, i forgot i did a steam verify the other day and it renewed the file lol
But, thanks for the help:grin:

And great mod, Pickle
Was exspecting a bit more grunt on the engine side, but still great:grin:

BigPickle
06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
yeah with more grunt the sound breaks up because of too many samples playing at once, i suspect thats one of the reasons why 1C are doing the sound re-fit, which quite blatently will blow our mods away I'm sure.

Doc_uk
06-14-2011, 03:43 PM
yeah with more grunt the sound breaks up because of too many samples playing at once, i suspect thats one of the reasons why 1C are doing the sound re-fit, which quite blatently will blow our mods away I'm sure.
Ok, thats fine, still great sounds, fantastic job, thank you:grin:

BigPickle
06-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Your very welcome but we should thank 1C for letting us do this for a while.
Oh yeah, I wont be extending or try to do another beta again for my own reasons.
So i think we should enjoy this while it lasts as i believe when the sound is re-done and the sdk arrives 1C should make mods like this will be a thing of the past because we all know FM hacks will emerge.
Plus I'm totally confident 1C will produce outstanding sounds with the re-work.

AARPRazorbacks
06-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Your very welcome but we should thank 1C for letting us do this for a while.
Oh yeah, I wont be extending or try to do another beta again for my own reasons.
So i think we should enjoy this while it lasts as i believe when the sound is re-done and the sdk arrives 1C should make mods like this will be a thing of the past because we all know FM hacks will emerge.
Plus I'm totally confident 1C will produce outstanding sounds with the re-work.

Thanks for the MOD.
Your probably right about 1c thy have things under control.;)

Plt Off JRB Meaker
06-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Once again,another superb sound mod,thanks BP both yourself and Jafa have made this sim come alive IMO;) !

BigPickle
06-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Thats very kind of you to say so thank you :)

Ze-Jamz
06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
nevermind.. :)

SQB
06-18-2011, 04:30 AM
No still no luck, i will wait till bigpickle, wakes up, and see if he can help me out

I may be wrong but... when you put -mod= etc etc after the il2 directory you are making it look for a folder to run in the directory, not in a different folder (directory/Mods/(mod name here)

have you tried putting the mod in the directory not in the /mod/ folder?

BigPickle
06-18-2011, 11:43 AM
yep he's got it working now :)

5./JG27 Lehmann
06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Just had a go with this this morning, and my god, what a difference! I've been umming and arring about it for ages, but since MP is borked at best for me I gave it a go - sensory bliss!

Houndstone Hawk
06-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Fantastic idea & highly respectful in producing 2 variants of this STUNNING mod. Together; you have both created such immersion for us off-liners. Many Many Thanks!! ;)

BigPickle
06-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys I'm glad my hours at it have proved worth while for you all.

smink1701
06-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Ok, thats fine, still great sounds, fantastic job, thank you:grin:

Doc,

You were able to get BP's and Jafa's sounds to work but I am still stumbling along. I think I am having trouble locating the IL2COD install dir. I followed the thread but the closest I see to install dir is 63950_Install.vdf. Is this it?

Also the BP mods show up in GME as they should and I have a Launcher exe shortcut so...why no modded sound. Any help and the checks in the mail. Also, anyone in the U.S. been able to make this work?

Thanks All.

Doc_uk
06-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Doc,

You were able to get BP's and Jafa's sounds to work but I am still stumbling along. I think I am having trouble locating the IL2COD install dir. I followed the thread but the closest I see to install dir is 63950_Install.vdf. Is this it?

Also the BP mods show up in GME as they should and I have a Launcher exe shortcut so...why no modded sound. Any help and the checks in the mail. Also, anyone in the U.S. been able to make this work?

Thanks All.Make sure you have the kegetys.dll file placed inside your il2 Cliffs of dover directory
Should be placed in here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

Now open the Lancher.exe config file. inside your main il2 directory, and copy and paste the lines in red, into it

<applicationSettings>
</setting>
</setting>
</applicationSettings>

Make sure you have a MODS folder inside your main il2 cod directory should look like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\MODS

Now in side that MODS folder, place the BpSoundSuiteLite folder, and the _testmod folder

Now right right click your desktop shortcut il2 icon, select properties
Were it says Target copy in the hilighted parts in red

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\_testmod -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuiteLite
The red highlighted part is the only bit you have to add
it should look somthing like that
I hope this helps

adonys
06-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Doc,

You were able to get BP's and Jafa's sounds to work but I am still stumbling along. I think I am having trouble locating the IL2COD install dir. I followed the thread but the closest I see to install dir is 63950_Install.vdf.

Have a look in here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23782), please.

smink1701
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks all. I'm at the office and will give this a try when I go home for lunch. A few questions...

"Make sure you have the kegetys.dll file placed inside your il2 Cliffs of dover directory
Should be placed in here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover"

Do you just paste kegetys.dll in the main CLOD folder versus a specific sub folder?

"Now in side that MODS folder, place the BpSoundSuiteLite folder, and the _testmod folder"

Where do you get the testmod folder?

Doc_uk
06-22-2011, 06:23 PM
just put the kegetys.dll in the in the main directory on its own
and heres a download link for this
http://uploading.com/files/16ccd4ad/_testmod.rar/
just click the free download option, and wait 45 seconds then you can download it

smink1701
06-22-2011, 07:23 PM
OK...was able to check some things out during my lunch break.

I think I got most of the stuff you covered done but this part...

""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\_testmod -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuiteLite
The red highlighted part is the only bit you have to add"

In the thread I have a launcher.exe and a launcher icon. Which do you update and how / where do you add the -mod=MODS\_testmod -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuiteLite" I saw on another thread that you need to right click and open properties and look for a target line but when I did this the only tabs I see under properties is General, Security, Details and Previous Version.

Doc_uk
06-22-2011, 08:41 PM
go to your cliffs of dover directory and right click your launcher. exe file, the one that starts the game, once you right click it select send to desktop create shortcut
now go back to your main windows desktop and right click again the launcher.exe that you just placed on there and select properties.
Then under the shortcut tab, you will see a TARGET line
Inside that Target line you should see this line "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe"

then all you have to do is add this to the end of it
-mod=MODS\_testmod -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuiteLite

So it should now look like this
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\_testmod -mod=MODS\BpSoundSuiteLite
Hope this helps

smink1701
06-22-2011, 08:47 PM
No wonder you name is Doc. Thinking of changing my name to Dolt:)

Really appreciate your help and I'll give it a try this evening.

Doc_uk
06-22-2011, 09:13 PM
No wonder you name is Doc. Thinking of changing my name to Dolt:)

Really appreciate your help and I'll give it a try this evening.
lol:grin:

smink1701
06-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Doc...we are sooooo close.

Followed your instructions and now get the BP sound suite Lite graphics, modded machine gun sfx (very nice BTW) but I am still getting stock engine sounds regardless of which BP sound mod I load, full or lite. Also, either version has the same "sound suite Lite" splash page. Doesnt the full version include engine sounds? I am using the Generic Mod Enabler...are you?

Thank you so much for getting me to this point. Now if you can just help me to the finish line...:)

FS~Phat
06-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Love your work! (yours too Jafa!) Now all we have to do is convince Luthier to allow sound mods online. Its a bit of a tough one, once its compromised for 1 set of sound mods your kinda opening the floodgates for online hackers. I guess the SDK may solve that problem though and make this stuff legit for online use. Heres hoping anyway! ;)

Querer
07-06-2011, 08:04 AM
@smink1701: I think you have to use kegetys to get the mod properly to work. At least I installed the mod yesterday using kegetys and had a instant success, mod enabled the way I wanted.

I really like the new sounds, although on my computer, the 109 engine sounds a little bit to much like a whistle from the outside, inside sounds are all superb! Strange to me is also the sound of the 109's 20mm cannons, they do not really sound like a cannon atm. Anyway, wonderful work, I have to admit, well done!

smink1701
07-06-2011, 02:02 PM
@smink1701: I think you have to use kegetys to get the mod properly to work. At least I installed the mod yesterday using kegetys and had a instant success, mod enabled the way I wanted.

I really like the new sounds, although on my computer, the 109 engine sounds a little bit to much like a whistle from the outside, inside sounds are all superb! Strange to me is also the sound of the 109's 20mm cannons, they do not really sound like a cannon atm. Anyway, wonderful work, I have to admit, well done!

Thanks for your email. I was able to get it working.:)

justme262
07-21-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks mate ! With this mod I'm actually playing clod again...
Your 303 sound is a great improvement and the engines purr nicely...
The bf110 MGFF make MG17 sounds. Maybe its the games buggy sounds not your mod but I thought I would mention it.
And this background looks like it was made for the title screen.
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3575/modedclod.jpg

BigPickle
07-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Glad you like it mate :)

Soon as this sound engine is fixed I'm gonna start work on a proper sound mod to fully change the whole sound map for the game :grin:

skouras
07-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Thanks mate ! With this mod I'm actually playing clod again...
Your 303 sound is a great improvement and the engines purr nicely...
The bf110 MGFF make MG17 sounds. Maybe its the games buggy sounds not your mod but I thought I would mention it.
And this background looks like it was made for the title screen.
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/3575/modedclod.jpg

where i can found this background :rolleyes:

Doc_uk
07-30-2011, 06:15 PM
PigPickle, can you release just your weapon mod plz
Jafa's released his new sound mod, and i want to run them both on the same launcher:)

Catseye
07-30-2011, 08:52 PM
I've installed the different sound mods and I have to say I prefer the BP suite. The only thing that is an issue is that I get a crash in QMB when attacking bombers either high or low. When I remove the BP sounds and go stock there is no crash.??

Cheers

Blackdog_kt
07-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Quite possibly the mod sounds take up more bytes than the default sounds, so you might be running into memory/paging/loading issues or hitting a threshold in the game's sound engine (i guess that despite the altered samples the way it all operates is still based on the default sound engine).

I haven't installed any mods yet so i'm just guessing here, but what you describe seems to be a classic my-system-has-run-out-of-"ooomph"-to-run-this scenario, similar to people with non-modded installations that are having the same problems in lower spec PCs.

Catseye
07-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Quite possibly the mod sounds take up more bytes than the default sounds, so you might be running into memory/paging/loading issues or hitting a threshold in the game's sound engine (i guess that despite the altered samples the way it all operates is still based on the default sound engine).

I haven't installed any mods yet so i'm just guessing here, but what you describe seems to be a classic my-system-has-run-out-of-"ooomph"-to-run-this scenario, similar to people with non-modded installations that are having the same problems in lower spec PCs.

Interesting. 6Gb RAM and fast vid card NVidia 570. I played around with the graphics settings by lowering them to see if sound issue was fixed but no go. Cleaned up memory both volatile and fixed and still no luck. It only happens in the middle of the bombers particularly when I pull the trigger.

Thanks for the feedback.
Cheers

justme262
08-02-2011, 01:24 PM
where i can found this background :rolleyes:

That back ground screen is included in BpSoundSuit. Just look in the folders for the backgrounds and rename them as you prefer. I assume BP doesn't mind people modding his mod...
There are more similar CG screens in LuckyStrike's background screens mod. I have a combination of BP's and luckystrike's now and they go very well together.

Really loving this game ATM. getting 40-60fps, no stutter, and nice sounds/ terrain... The sim has arrived in my book.
Thanks Modders ! and Devs !

Python1
08-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, the mediafire links say the file is set to private. Anyway I can get a good link to DL this puppy?

skouras
08-04-2011, 07:08 AM
That back ground screen is included in BpSoundSuit. Just look in the folders for the backgrounds and rename them as you prefer. I assume BP doesn't mind people modding his mod...
There are more similar CG screens in LuckyStrike's background screens mod. I have a combination of BP's and luckystrike's now and they go very well together.

Really loving this game ATM. getting 40-60fps, no stutter, and nice sounds/ terrain... The sim has arrived in my book.
Thanks Modders ! and Devs !

thanks mate:-D

skouras
08-05-2011, 08:47 AM
could someone upload again the files
seems that is not there anymore :confused:

caprera
08-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey guys, the mediafire links say the file is set to private. Anyway I can get a good link to DL this puppy?

Same for me :(

chair1
09-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Have pulled this sound mod or is the link broken? Indicates Private but once it wanted to send my cell phone a text.???no cell phone".:confused:

JG1_Luckystrike
09-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Sounds dont work anymore ?