PDA

View Full Version : Respawn AA?

TheEnlightenedFlorist
05-31-2011, 06:26 AM
Is there a way to have anti-aircraft guns respawn a certain number of minutes after they've been destroyed? I'm pretty sure I've seen this on servers for 1946. I saw a "time-out" field in object properties, but messing with that just made the thing stop shooting at me. :o

Thanks in advance.

Ataros
05-31-2011, 10:25 AM
There is a trigger for "all units destroyed within a radius". I guess you can load a section file with AAA based on this trigger.

I just reload all AAA on the map every hour. Did not bother to destroy any remaining old AAA before doing this yet.

TheEnlightenedFlorist
06-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks Ataros. I tried just reloading the AAA, but it didn't replace the destroyed ones. Maybe I didn't wait long enough? I only waited a couple of minutes.

Ataros
06-01-2011, 07:17 AM
If you load the same submission with AAA several times new AAA does not replace the old one. New ones are being added to the old ones. Looks very strange but works. If you do not want them to be added you have to destroy old ones first and only then load submission with new ones.

TheEnlightenedFlorist
06-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Ah, OK. Thanks.

klem
06-01-2011, 03:31 PM
There is a trigger for "all units destroyed within a radius". I guess you can load a section file with AAA based on this trigger.

I just reload all AAA on the map every hour. Did not bother to destroy any remaining old AAA before doing this yet.

Is there somewhere that explains what a section file is and how to create it?

Ataros
06-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Is there somewhere that explains what a section file is and how to create it?

Section file is a part of mission file containing one or more sections. Used in this mission for instance http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23129

For simplicity you can use mission file instead of a section file. Just create it in FMB and load with a script when necessary.