View Full Version : Jafaem sound mod

=XIII=Shea
05-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey guys,just seen 2 vids of jafaem sound mod,it sounds fantastic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RceYGkKM-Y&feature=digest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_HVgsCCNRE&feature=digest

T}{OR
05-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Haven't yet heard in game sounds, but these sound lacking in certain areas IMHO.

Next iteration perhaps. Jafa can do better. :)

Ataros
05-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Does he use real Merlin samples for incockpit sound?

Sounded like much lower HP radial to me but I never heard real Merlin and can be wrong.

Ctrl E
05-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Brilliant. I knew Jaffa would come to the rescue!

JG1_Wanderfalke
05-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Jafa u are the man

THANK U VERY MUCH

Doc_uk
05-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Haven't yet heard in game sounds, but these sound lacking in certain areas IMHO.

Next iteration perhaps. Jafa can do better. :)
And i think these will do nicly along with what bigpickle is doiong as well, and there 10 times better than the crap default sound:grin:

smink1701
05-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than the game sounds. Just amazing how much it adds to the realism. The correct sounds even make the video appear more photo realistic.

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 03:08 PM
yep they are great...nice work

DB605
05-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Does he use real Merlin samples for incockpit sound?

Sounded like much lower HP radial to me but I never heard real Merlin and can be wrong.

Doesn't sound like radial at all. I'm 99% sure he use real Merlin samples.

fireflyerz
05-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Db is coming tomorrow....

Ps- its just Jafa not jafaem but im not that picke or am I i i i o o po 0p opum....;);););););););););)

Rather peeved
05-29-2011, 12:30 AM
can't wait for DB.

I raised the issue of your brilliant mods in the main forum, but alas they have now locked that. must be a sensitive issue. maybe because they fed us some nonsense before the game was released about how they had gone out and recorded new sounds for the game from real aircraft.

you got any thoughts on whether your mods would violate any copywright issues?

BigPickle
05-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Fantastic Great Job J S!

Blackdog_kt
05-30-2011, 03:13 AM
can't wait for DB.

I raised the issue of your brilliant mods in the main forum, but alas they have now locked that. must be a sensitive issue. maybe because they fed us some nonsense before the game was released about how they had gone out and recorded new sounds for the game from real aircraft.

you got any thoughts on whether your mods would violate any copywright issues?

They recorded real engine sounds for some sound effects from a different engine that they then edited with some software, because:

1) getting a fully dynamic sound means recording through the entire RPM range

2) recording through the entire RPM range means a long running time for the engine

3) it's very expensive to run a 70 year old vintage engine with almost no supply of spare parts available anywhere in the world, especially at high power settings...they are meant to keep warbirds flying at airshows and even then, they run much more conservative settings than what we use in the sim to preserve engine life

I'm not saying i won't use sound mods if they are good and i'm not against modding if it has something to offer.

All i'm saying is that it's not exactly cheap to have real, authentic sounds: a developer studio will either have to shell out some top dollar to "rent" engine running time and record it themselves, or pay the copyright fees to use someone else's recordings. ;)

Tbag
05-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Great sound mod! Although I think the in-cockpit sounds might be too crisp considering that pilots were wearing headphones. Especially the guns.

philip.ed
05-30-2011, 10:35 AM
Great sound mod! Although I think the in-cockpit sounds might be too crisp considering that pilots were wearing headphones. Especially the guns.

I disagree, i think you should model the sounds as the human ear hears them (without helmet, receivors and insulating domes on). If you want to hear the sounds as a pilot would have, then wear a helmet! :)

Tbag
05-30-2011, 10:50 AM
Interesting point :) What about the option to put your virtual flying helmet on or off in game?

philip.ed
05-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Ooh, nice suggestion! Not sure how hard it would be to model the sounds being muffled, but that is quite cool! :grin:

DB605
05-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Db is coming tomorrow....

Tomorrow never dies...;)

Qpassa
05-31-2011, 01:47 PM
in two weeks more or less

JZG_Con
05-31-2011, 10:53 PM
when can we down load these sound mods ..as im fed up with hearing nothing ...lol...

BigPickle
06-01-2011, 03:41 PM
when its done

fireflyerz
06-01-2011, 06:23 PM
OK . promo is done its taken a while cos the launcher has crashed about a million times, it will be up tomorrow , now im off to work on my merry night shift at the airport , sleep tight you lucky bastards.:grin:

Doc_uk
06-01-2011, 06:39 PM
OK . promo is done its taken a while cos the launcher has crashed about a million times, it will be up tomorrow , now im off to work on my merry night shift at the airport , sleep tight you lucky bastards.:grin:Nice, Cant wait:grin:

meplay
06-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Hi Guys sound very nice :), just 1 question though, do i have to stay offline with these sounds:confused: or is it the kegetys thingy?

FlyingShark
06-01-2011, 07:55 PM
OK . promo is done its taken a while cos the launcher has crashed about a million times, it will be up tomorrow , now im off to work on my merry night shift at the airport , sleep tight you lucky bastards.:grin:
You're not the only one doing a nightshift today, actually as I'm typing this, I am sitting in my building (security) and trying to kill boredom by watching your vids.
At least you got to do something with airplanes.

~S~

gflinch
06-02-2011, 02:23 AM
FlyingShark, Where is it that you work?? Hopefully a place with lots of $$ :)

Probably quite common with security jobs, I couldn't bear the boredom myself, kudos to you!

ATAG_Doc
06-02-2011, 03:18 AM
You're not the only one doing a nightshift today, actually as I'm typing this, I am sitting in my building (security) and trying to kill boredom by watching your vids.
At least you got to do something with airplanes.

~S~

I used to do that. Loooong time ago. Respect to you.

FlyingShark
06-02-2011, 11:41 AM
I used to do that. Loooong time ago. Respect to you.
Thank you,

I do it for so long that I think I'll stick with it for the rest of my life. I know, crappy working hours, being at home when there's nothing to do, being at work when other people do their whatever hobby it is like sports or evening school (that's why I became a simmer), relationships got wrecked,...but I did it for so long that I wouldn't be able to cope with a normal job like on an office or in a factory. I do like one thing you see, the individuality, as long as I do what's been told, I can organise myself without anyone checking on me and that alone is worth gold for me.

~S~

FlyingShark
06-02-2011, 11:50 AM
FlyingShark, Where is it that you work?? Hopefully a place with lots of $$ :)

Probably quite common with security jobs, I couldn't bear the boredom myself, kudos to you!
HA, thank you. I really can't tell on the internet where I work. What I can tell is that I work on different places. There's no $$$ to be found but I do work among other places, in a diplomatic institution. Most people who never worked in security think that it's like being a cop and ask me if I carry gun. Well, it's totally different than being a cop, it's mostly either giving service overday to people and over night it is...well...kinda boring. And my gun, well, I don't have one. See the above post why I still work in security.
By the way, I used to like it a lot more in the past because I was working on a bit huge site where I did virtually anything that has to do with security and a lot of fire protection too. Overthere we learned new things every few months. But as my company lost that contract I left that place and just go where they send me.

I also like being among people from everywhere (when working overday) as I mostly work in international institutions/companies. Pam pam pam pam...she said hush...

~S~

gflinch
06-02-2011, 03:49 PM
HA, thank you. I really can't tell on the internet where I work. What I can tell is that I work on different places. There's no $$$ to be found but I do work among other places, in a diplomatic institution. Most people who never worked in security think that it's like being a cop and ask me if I carry gun. Well, it's totally different than being a cop, it's mostly either giving service overday to people and over night it is...well...kinda boring. And my gun, well, I don't have one. See the above post why I still work in security.
By the way, I used to like it a lot more in the past because I was working on a bit huge site where I did virtually anything that has to do with security and a lot of fire protection too. Overthere we learned new things every few months. But as my company lost that contract I left that place and just go where they send me.

I also like being among people from everywhere (when working overday) as I mostly work in international institutions/companies. Pam pam pam pam...she said hush...

~S~

Pretty cool, was kindof joking about asking where you work. Kindof like me asking when the surpise is going to be. As far a I know good security is mostly not known or seen.

Anyhow, sounds like you lead an interesting life, my job has some diversity that I enjoy too, as I do a little of everything here, outside and inside the offices.

Well, keep up the good work on the sounds, they are coming along quite well. Bad thing is as you improve one sound, they others that haven't been touched stand out more and more.. so I guess you have a long road ahead. :rolleyes:

Greg

Doc_uk
06-02-2011, 07:34 PM
OK . promo is done its taken a while cos the launcher has crashed about a million times, it will be up tomorrow , now im off to work on my merry night shift at the airport , sleep tight you lucky bastards.:grin: Its now 2morrow :)

Trooper117
06-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Watching that second clip it was almost like the movie.. great stuff!

fireflyerz
06-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Its now 2morrow :)

Tell me about it...this is one of the reasons why I dont like steam it being reliant on an iterweb connection gives me loads of hastle cos i dont have much BW
ANYwho im going to try and upload the promo through work a bit later...........

FlyingShark
06-03-2011, 05:17 PM
I just saw the new upload on youtube. Your sounds really rock.

Thanks.

~S~

Shado
06-03-2011, 07:27 PM
AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfivk6t51vE&feature=player_profilepage

Thanks for the heads up Flying Shark

RedBatflight
06-05-2011, 05:43 AM
Impresses
When it will be possible to feel?

skouras