PDA

View Full Version : Baby steps, first DF mission

Seeker
05-23-2011, 08:41 PM
I'd like to make a simple practise map for the Stuka for my squad.

I want to run it as a DF, so people can come and go as they please.

Ideally, I'd want an air spawn point over the channel, and some AI flights for fill in, but I don't seem to be able to find out how to make an air spawn point as I'm used to in '46.

So I've got four flights of six stuka's, spaced by about 3 minutes worth of distance, all airspawning in with "change plane" enabled, the idea is they can all pick the first wave, drop, then jump to the next wave, that way we'll get four drops which should be more than enough to kill the little group of ships, game over and we move onto something else... All four groups have identical way points. However..

The first group dive bomb correctly, the second try to skip bomb, the third fly over and fourth dive bombs again.

Now, I've obviously got something wrong somewhere, but all four flights have the same attributes!

So, am I missing something with air spawn points, and is this just funky AI or am I missing some WP parameter some where?

FG28_Kodiak
05-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Attachment: Simple Map with Spawn Area (Stukas) over the chanel.

Can you upload your Mission, so we can take a look at it?

Flashman
05-23-2011, 10:13 PM
AIr spawns are really simple with this, though a little different.

Select the Spawn Area, place it on the map and then set the height to whatever altitude you wish.

Unlike the IL2 FMB you don't need to set a spawn area to a runway (even an invisible one!). Its doesnt ahve the ability to set the initial direction of flight or speed, but you will start in the air.

klem
05-24-2011, 06:48 AM
I'd like to make a simple practise map for the Stuka for my squad.

I want to run it as a DF, so people can come and go as they please.

Ideally, I'd want an air spawn point over the channel, and some AI flights for fill in, but I don't seem to be able to find out how to make an air spawn point as I'm used to in '46.

So I've got four flights of six stuka's, spaced by about 3 minutes worth of distance, all airspawning in with "change plane" enabled, the idea is they can all pick the first wave, drop, then jump to the next wave, that way we'll get four drops which should be more than enough to kill the little group of ships, game over and we move onto something else... All four groups have identical way points. However..

The first group dive bomb correctly, the second try to skip bomb, the third fly over and fourth dive bombs again.

Now, I've obviously got something wrong somewhere, but all four flights have the same attributes!

So, am I missing something with air spawn points, and is this just funky AI or am I missing some WP parameter some where?

Please post the contents of the .mis file Seeker so we can look at it in FMB.

Seeker
05-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Mission files:

Probably a very obvious question, but which files, exactly, constitute a mission in this new format?

I'm on my laptop at the moment, but I've network access to my game machine's system drive, the user profiles are on a different volume. The game is a default steam install. Game machine is running Win7 U with UAC disabled so there's no virtual user file structure.

Am I cool doing a search for a text file called "death from above.mis" in program_files/bla/bla, or is there a properties file (is there one?) as well and of course I've tried making a simple briefing.

Maybe a sticky post with some FMB fundamentals (or a beginners guide link list) could be appropriate?

Ataros
05-24-2011, 01:00 PM
Missions are located in documents\1C SoftClub\IL-2...\missions\multy\... folder. In a subfolder where you stored them.