PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Sounds Mod

BigPickle
05-21-2011, 02:06 PM
Here is my first beta for weapons sounds.

1) Download and add Kegetys DLL and follow his install instructions.
http://www.kegetys.net/
2) Download and Extract and place (preserve the file tree) my download folder called MODS into the main game folder.
Will return when SDK is out
3) Add -mod=MODS\CMSound to your target line.
4) Launch and enjoy :grin:

Changes
Browing 303's
Mg17
MgFF
Crash Explosion
New Splash Logo
New Main Background
New Credits Background
Flaks & Other Explosions

Future Work
Music (when 1C fix it)
More Backgrounds
Engines

Iku_es
05-21-2011, 03:02 PM
Nice job!
The mod works flawlesly.

Ali Fish
05-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Woohoo! Nice one bigpickle. might try it after the weekend.

Ctrl E
05-21-2011, 10:32 PM
give us a demo vid?

skouras
05-21-2011, 10:52 PM
excellent sounds excellent mod..is there any chance to make some engines sounds
also does it work online....

Doc_uk
05-22-2011, 06:55 AM
Here is my first release for weapons sounds.

1) Download and add Kegetys DLL and follow his install instructions.
http://www.kegetys.net/
2) Download and Extract and place (preserve the file tree) my download folder called MODS into the main game folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/?wxh185ih9n11z4h
3) Add -mod=MODS\CMSound to your target line.
4) Launch and enjoy :grin:

Changes
Browing 303's
Mg17
MgFF
Crash Explosion
New Splash Logo
New Main Background
New Credits Background
Flaks & Other Explosions

Future Work
Music (when 1C fix it)
More Backgrounds
Engines
If i use that Mod, Does it means i cant use the engine sound Mod im using?
Is there anyway you can add this to your mod, if you got permission from who ever made it?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22747&highlight=sound+mod Its about the 7th post down
I think we Need somthing like JSGME

BigPickle
05-22-2011, 10:45 AM
well i've been looking at making engine sounds but as they guy who made that sound mod for engines found there is no way to create a proper shutdown and start up sound and the engines at the moment dont sound as good as it could be when adding own sounds.
I think i'll wait till the SDK is out and the actual prs files are fully updated and a description of all the commands are published, basically if 1C do that it will be very possible to make a high quality sound mod.

I cant download that sound mod to test along side mine its being a nightmare, can anyone host it?

DONT GO ONLINE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BY 1C THEMSELVES, if you do and you get banned dont blame me.

Doc_uk
05-22-2011, 10:50 AM
well i've been looking at making engine sounds but as they guy who made that sound mod for engines found there is no way to create a proper shutdown and start up sound and the engines at the moment dont sound as good as it could be when adding own sounds.
I think i'll wait till the SDK is out and the actual prs files are fully updated and a description of all the commands are published, basically if 1C do that it will be very possible to make a high quality sound mod.

There shouldnt be any conflict with other mods, will install that sound mod and test along side mine.

DONT GO ONLINE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED BY 1C THEMSELVES, if you do and you get banned dont blame me.
How do i add you mod, when im allready using this -mod=_testmod in my target line

BigPickle
05-22-2011, 11:06 AM
edit # I'm downloading now from the direct links, stand by doc i'll let you know what to do :)

Heinz Laube
05-22-2011, 11:20 AM
How do i add you mod, when im allready using this -mod=_testmod in my target line

-mod=_testmod -mod=MODS\CMSound

BigPickle
05-22-2011, 11:26 AM
yeah but they both mod some of the same elements so i would recommend deleting the merlin.prs from my folder MODS\CMSound and deleting which every GUI stuff you dont want from either mine or his. Personally I've cut the sounds out from his and put them into mine but I cant post that up because i dont have permission too. I could pm a zip maybe if someone was really struggling to get them working properly together.

Also looking at the presets i appears that the game engine at the moment uses the same sounds for merlins and DB's derived from the same sound files. Just lame quite honestly. Untill SDK is out and the core sounds are expanded on its not worth the effort tbh

warbirds
05-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Does this lower the gun sound for the spit and hurri? As it is now the guns are much louder than the engine sounds in those planes.

mattebubben
05-22-2011, 03:09 PM
would love if somone could make a quick video showing the new sounds

Heinz Laube
05-22-2011, 04:16 PM
i will upload a bf109 vid with the soundmod, not tested the hurri/spit yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yW-Zi6SSdo

Doc_uk
05-22-2011, 04:55 PM
BigPickle, is that realy what the spit guns sounded like:grin: at first i thought i dont like it, but the more i fire, i more i do like them, nice one

Doc_uk
05-22-2011, 04:56 PM

check the Link in 40min, still uploading

This video is unavalable

Heinz Laube
05-22-2011, 04:59 PM
This video is unavalable

check the Link in 40min, still uploading :-P:-P

its up, but still under processing. so not in 1080 HD now

guiltyspark
05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
that video is very impressive , the sound is authentic to what guns being fired actually sound like

BigPickle
05-22-2011, 05:20 PM
BigPickle, is that realy what the spit guns sounded like:grin: at first i thought i dont like it, but the more i fire, i more i do like them, nice one

The Browning 303's were just re-calibered Browning 1919A1 Machineguns so thats what i used for the sounds so thats probably the closest you'll get if you like realism. The ripping fabric Battle of Britain movie sounds were pure fiction. I have a real sound recording of a 1940 Battle of Britain dogfight, you can hear the mg17's 15's with their high rate, then you can hear the browings in the middle and the FF's chuggin away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC8CeGNLk4c

listen to 20 to 27

21 -23 mg FF
25 mg 17's
26 - 33 Browing 303's

By the way II./JG27_Winter i like how you got the engine sound mod that russian guy made running along side my weapons nice :)
How did you get your colours so vivid though?
Glad you like it guys, wait till your in cockpit and get hit, you'l shiver i promise ;)

mattebubben
05-22-2011, 06:09 PM
thanks for the video =)
sounds nice
just 1 thing dont know if this has been asked but of will this work online? will it work will it not work or will it get u banned

Strike
05-22-2011, 06:45 PM
the sound is authentic to what guns being fired actually sound like

+1 Especially the MGFF's :)

skouras
05-22-2011, 07:14 PM

does it work online:rolleyes:

Heinz Laube
05-22-2011, 07:28 PM
for the moment, i say yes... didnt get any warning on server...use it on ur own risk :D

skouras
05-22-2011, 07:30 PM
for the moment, i say yes... didnt get any warning on server

thanks
where can i found the engines sounds:confused:
i've already running the guns no problem

Heinz Laube
05-22-2011, 07:33 PM
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D69026%26p%3D1611557%26viewful l%3D1&usg=ALkJrhjQlDtlSBB9pLsf2KF0ZAtauGPEEg#post1611557

BigPickle
05-22-2011, 08:13 PM
thanks for posting up the video JG27 Winter :) much appreciated

How did you get your vivid colours was that using Nvid CP?

Heinz Laube
05-22-2011, 08:59 PM
thanks for posting up the video JG27 Winter :) much appreciated

How did you get your vivid colours was that using Nvid CP?

no problem ;)

about the colours, ingame...everything on High, texture on original, Trees and Buildingsdetail on Medium... AA on 8, vsync on, epi filter and ssao off... 1920*1080

in Nv Cp:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/676/cp1p.jpg

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/7914/cp2p.jpg

skouras
05-22-2011, 08:59 PM
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ru&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D69026%26p%3D1611557%26viewful l%3D1&usg=ALkJrhjQlDtlSBB9pLsf2KF0ZAtauGPEEg#post1611557

thank you very much:grin:

Sauf
05-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Just a caution, AFAIK steam does not give any warnings, they collect data and in one hit will ban all accounts that have altered files, it might be a month down the track. Not sure with the state of play with COD atm that they are monitoring it though. So as Bigpickle pointed out use at own risk.

S`

skouras
05-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Just a caution, AFAIK steam does not give any warnings, they collect data and in one hit will ban all accounts that have altered files, it might be a month down the track. Not sure with the state of play with COD atm that they are monitoring it though. So as Bigpickle pointed out use at own risk.

S`

you refering for multiplayer:rolleyes:

BigPickle
05-23-2011, 07:37 AM
thats a roger Skouras I wouldnt mate, I'm sure when the SDK comes out they will have a sign file that you can apply to the mods so it can be used online and the server checks to see what files are accepted and if yours has an extra or non accepted one it kicks from server rather than ban.

skouras
05-23-2011, 07:47 AM
good to know thanks:-)

Rattlehead
05-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice mod...I have just installed it and I really like the new wallpaper.

Forgive my saying so, but the guns sound a bit...weedy. No offence intended of course.
If the guns really sounded like that, then that's fine by me. The default sounds for the guns are way too loud, imo, and this sounds better.

BigPickle
05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
yeah im gonna do some volume tweaking in outside views, but yep thats real weapons sound :)

The bit thats really annoying me is having no wind, and having multiple actions attached to one sound command, its just crap and lazy work.
For example, the click you get when you open your canopy is exactly the same click you get for every switch and every end of game load. Dreadful :(

I just wish I could have some information from the Devs about what triggers there are for sound, so far I have found only 4 trigger words in game.
Its really preventing me from taking this further to a point where it would be a extensive mod, plus all single engines use the merlin.prs and all twin engines use a twin.prs type of senario. Sad thing is I dont know if that will change and be expanded upon. As its a lot of work to create a new or expand on the sound system.

I remember asking Oleg for sound details and when i finally got an answer, it was that the sound was good and was Binural etc etc. Huh! Course it is :rolleyes:

Rattlehead
05-25-2011, 11:55 AM
I just wish I could have some information from the Devs about what triggers there are for sound, so far I have found only 4 trigger words in game.
Its really preventing me from taking this further to a point where it would be a extensive mod, plus all single engines use the merlin.prs and all twin engines use a twin.prs type of senario. Sad thing is I dont know if that will change and be expanded upon. As its a lot of work to create a new or expand on the sound system.

I suppose we can only hope.

Ze-Jamz
05-25-2011, 12:05 PM
I remember asking Oleg for sound details and when i finally got an answer, it was that the sound was good and was Binural etc etc. Huh! Course it is :rolleyes:

Well thankyou for that... ive just spat coffee over my keyboard

Time for another

Heinz Laube
05-25-2011, 12:25 PM
yeah im gonna do some volume tweaking in outside views, but yep thats real weapons sound :)

The bit thats really annoying me is having no wind, and having multiple actions attached to one sound command, its just crap and lazy work.
For example, the click you get when you open your canopy is exactly the same click you get for every switch and every end of game load. Dreadful :(

u tried to change the line in the Daimler-Benz.emd ? "SoundName motor.merlin" in " motor.daimler" and create a motor.daimler prs?

im at work, cant do it now

BigPickle
05-25-2011, 04:24 PM
well spotted mate I'll test that out later, I've not really had much time to do a proper deep explore through the files system. I really need to set dump and and play the game for a good few hours and try all senarios so i can get every prs file etc.

Heinz Laube
05-25-2011, 07:20 PM
okay, here is the Spit vid, mainly made for show the new Prop effects, but at the end i fire the guns, finally :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wvv3Hk72Io

BigPickle
05-25-2011, 08:01 PM
dude your a legend, buys we got good 109 AND merlin sounds on the way!

Heinz Laube
05-25-2011, 08:38 PM
its not by me...just using the soundmod from russian forum and ur soundmod at same time...
im a bit scared about editing the daimler or merlin.emd, coz they are in the flightdetail/models ... for offline it should work... but flying online without soundmod ?? no go :p

uploading a vid with some more action for a better show of the mods ;)

Doc_uk
05-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I cant get both to work, ive added these lines, and the engine sounds work, but guns dont
-mod=_testmod -mod=MODS\CMSound :(

II./JG27_Winter, is that engine sound mod your using the same as the one im using?

Heinz Laube
05-25-2011, 09:19 PM
i use the engine mod from the russian forum...

for the gunsounds i put the CMSound Folder not under Mods, i have it in the game folder like the _testmod...

so my commandline is..... -mod=CMSound -mod=_testmod

update... both soundmods in action
last 2 min , just spit fly by`s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ariE_-jE-bo

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 09:56 AM
its not by me...just using the soundmod from russian forum and ur soundmod at same time...
im a bit scared about editing the daimler or merlin.emd, coz they are in the flightdetail/models ... for offline it should work... but flying online without soundmod ?? no go :p

uploading a vid with some more action for a better show of the mods ;)

I hear you there, but an SDK will be useless if everything uses the merlin.prs. Besides its only changing the sound file source? Surely that will be allowed otherwise how can we sound mod properly :confused:

Anyhow, I've created a daimler.prs file and it runs as predicted!
I'm looking now at the He111, but strangely it appears to use merlin as well, so i created a jumo211.prs and changed the prs source, and got it all up and running but on testing still stock sounds. So i did another -dump and flew the Heinkel only, and a new prs appeared called motor.twin_l & motor.twin_R. So now i have the same problem again as it appears that all twins now use these files and i cant find anyfile to specify each twin's sound.

Heinz Laube
05-26-2011, 11:21 AM
strange.. normally since the daimler.prs works... should be the same for the H111, change all 4 soundname to motor.jumo211, the create a motor.jumo211.prs and put the sounds in.... not found any extra twin sounds

Ali Fish
05-26-2011, 11:28 AM
nice video there ! impact sounds seem too loud.

something else ive noticed is that listenin to these new engine sounds is really nice. but they feel detracted from what im looking at. like a super imposed sound. i know this is a negative comment but its just an observation. ive no idea how that would be fixed. where is Diveplane when you need him ???? he is a good musician and engineer and wont be back untill october !.

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 11:29 AM
strange.. normally since the daimler.prs works... should be the same for the H111, change all 4 soundname to motor.jumo211, the create a motor.jumo211.prs and out the sounds in.... not found any extra twin sounds

yep thats what i did but it seems that the emd doesnt direct to the right places, ie to the jumo211.prs that i created :( it still plays stock.

So i did a new clean dump with and only flew He111 and the sound files that appeared were those twin ones and the .prs files that were present were the motor.twin_R & motor.twin_L (im guessing for the left and right engines)

Plus these same .prs filesm seem to be used with each twin and the sound files are the same too.

Also if you sound mod the tiger moth the game crashes. :confused:

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 11:30 AM
nice video there ! impact sounds seem too loud.

something else ive noticed is that listenin to these new engine sounds is really nice. but they feel detracted from what im looking at. like a super imposed sound. i know this is a negative comment but its just an observation. ive no idea how that would be fixed. where is Diveplane when you need him ???? he is a good musician and engineer and wont be back untill october !.

I'll put up a video of my sounds soon, they are a little softer than the russian mod.

Ali Fish
05-26-2011, 11:40 AM
i think what im hearing that is distracting with the sounds is the atmospherics. if i was tackling this sound modding id be trying to differentiate those 2 key elements, engine in atmosphere, engine not in atmosphere. i feel by adding these freely available sounds your adding atmopshere in places you really dont want it. its also like a photograph, we cant add them because theres no real reality for it to work in. If you look at what 1c have done already its basic for sure. but the principle of the layering with the sounds gives the CEM its premise involvment. i would attack this by layering multiple sounds to get to where you want. not necissarily starting with a new sound.

a hard one but im sure you guys will master it.

Heinz Laube
05-26-2011, 11:42 AM
would be nice to have the "Ok" from the Devs, that changing the Sounds now isnt against the EULA / VAC , so we can use it online, too

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Well sadly the sound engine is so basic that the merlin engine is coded for every aircraft at the moment. thats how bad it is. also there are no and i mean no atmospheric sound features in the game at all, they will have to be coded into the sound engine.

Also would be nice to have the sound coded fully instead of half finished. Looking through those files it will take someone who knows how this game was written to create new sound sets in emds and prs's etc etc. Ie a dev.
I dont know what functionality people think is coming with the SDK and what use the SDK will be with steam, but the SDK is not ment to change hard code, just expand on it.

Ali Fish
05-26-2011, 11:48 AM
well it doesnt mean theres no point to making them as long as you go about it in a professional way. Im here to learn first. then release a whole new map or theatre of war of my own designed within the understanding thats possible.

take my mod i could have released 5 sets of individual mods for the scenery so far. but i have not and for good reason. one reason is that people dont realise just how rude a mod can be. i know that if someone comes along and mods my hard work there are many ways i could take that. more importantly its about who you are and your own understanding of what your doing. i wont release my mod because of these concepts. and nobody has full understanding without the sdk. or legality of the mod on steam etc.

one thing is for sure that as a developer they must take some interest.

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 11:53 AM
absolutely thats why i'm only making minor changes for now as i dont understand how the rest works without the sdk. Anyone who is foolish enough to go online, well thats their problem.
But I think they are looking forward to seeing what mods people can produce as that was a big talk point during development as i remember they said they were going to make it user moddable within reason of course.
Plus why open a modding subsection if they mind people modding? If they asked me to stop out of courtesy of course i would, but as the forum moderator said you can try with modding it would just be unsupported untill the game was fully ready for sdk.
Nearmiss has said this and that 1C's main concern is people making mods and then complaining of performance issues and they go chasing a problem bought about by a mod which will waste lots of time.

Also i agree that you should just throw out crap because its counter productive. But with sound ie my gun sounds you have to give something to get an understanding of what the feel of the sounds is like, plus the community can give feedback to what they think too. So if done right it does promote healthy conversation and understanding too.
Thats why i love ArmA2, the community share knowlege and work and so on, I'm really hoping one day IL2 can have such a huge modding community.

Ali Fish
05-26-2011, 12:06 PM
i was going to mention some other modding communities and my thoughts on them. but its a little OT. anyway its a mad bad rude world out there when it comes to modding. and i 100% support 1c and il2 in a positive way. i can make anything i want but it doesnt mean i should do.

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Hmm thats a bit cryptic. so can we actually do this ? I thought we were allowed and thats why we have this sub forum, (ive pm'd nearmiss to get an answer for sure)

Ali Fish
05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
im just blethering about modding in general. im not suggesting what anyone does other than myself. and dont stop modding the sounds ! untill you release somthing its fine really. also its not cool to release somthing for the sake of just releasing somthing if that makes sense. its important we build a nice social enviroment around modding whilst allowing the developers to complete what they work hard for. a completed feature full flightsim as intended. that means 2 things in this context. for my modding its maybe a fact that the scenery may change. for you the sounds may change too. without a developer telling us we will never know. I just dont want to be the guy that screws things up lol for anyone including myself.

philip.ed
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Doesn't the fact that there are no atmospheric sounds just highlight the fact that most (if not all) of these sounds are merely placehholders? From what I can hear, your work here has been awesome BigPickle, but I'd hate to see you end up 'wasting' your time in the event that a new sound-engine is introduced... :cool:

Heinz Laube
05-26-2011, 01:52 PM
i wouldnt call it waste of time, nobody knows when we will get the "right" sounds get from 1c, until then, the modded sounds are much more better and gives more flair in game, then the default sounds...

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 01:53 PM
well i gotta be honest im a little concerned that "what if" i might be doing something wrong by 1C by modding sounds and posting the download link like i have on page 1.

Ali Fish
05-26-2011, 01:54 PM
im sure i remember oleg commenting on how proud he was of the new sound engine. so i think the new sound engine is there. he is proud of how it is directly related to CEM.

i believe the sounds are placeholders. a study of these sounds and how they interact with each other is whats needed, then apply new sounds within that overall enviroment. regards the introduction of atmospherics that affect the sounds thereafter im really not sure. to expect that might be a bit too much. but i dont know. heres to hoping \o/

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 01:58 PM
they definately seem like place holders, all engine sounds run from the merlin.prs file which gives the same sound for all and the individual tweaks to make them sound a little different. That fact, makes it look very placeholder like. I can hope anyhow because if its not, sound will be less detailed than expected.

fireflyerz
05-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Nowt wrong wit sound modding ....Pickle ive included your weapons sounds in my release version but they are some what altered to my taste , I hope you dont mind:grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_HVgsCCNRE&feature=channel_video_title

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 04:03 PM
nah its fine mate. Nice video indeed you making a short movie sort of thing? You must have a monster rig the detail is stunning!

@ Ali & JG1 - Nearmiss just said, basically until we are told not to, making and posting mods is fine

Heinz Laube
05-26-2011, 05:08 PM
cool, will toss my head more deeper in the files for sounds tomorrow, and mainly at weekend :D

BigPickle
05-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Cool mate, id really appreciate the help with tryin to understand why the file set up appears to use the same sounds and prs for all twin engines.

Mean while been tinkering with the 109, its still wip but very close to beta, also the spit and hurricane is very nearly beta too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPUlzgEJGVw

Doc_uk
05-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Nowt wrong wit sound modding ....Pickle ive included your weapons sounds in my release version but they are some what altered to my taste , I hope you dont mind:grin:

were is your release version?:grin:

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-26-2011, 05:18 PM
Quick question guys,where is my 'target line' is it under the lines that Kegety added to the modified launcher.exe?

All other install instructions carried out,this is the last instruction from BigPickle that I need to complete.

Sorry for asking,total MOD noob here,but I just gotta try these new sounds out,they are superb,and thanks for this mod BigPickle,sheer brilliance at work my friend.

Doc_uk
05-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Cool mate, id really appreciate the help with tryin to understand why the file set up appears to use the same sounds and prs for all twin engines.

Mean while been tinkering with the 109, its still wip but very close to beta, also the spit and hurricane is very nearly beta too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPUlzgEJGVw
Hurry :)

skouras
05-26-2011, 06:14 PM
Quick question guys,where is my 'target line' is it under the lines that Kegety added to the modified launcher.exe?

All other install instructions carried out,this is the last instruction from BigPickle that I need to complete.

Sorry for asking,total MOD noob here,but I just gotta try these new sounds out,they are superb,and thanks for this mod BigPickle,sheer brilliance at work my friend.

right click of your original launcher inside the game folder and hit create shortcut..you can now find the target to the new one:-)

Ze-Jamz
05-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Hurry :)

+1

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Thanks Scouras,I know where my new exe folder is,but where within that folder do I add the 'target line' -mod=MODS\CMSounds?

Shado
05-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Ahh Jafaem, now it's getting exciting, thanks for all your hard work guys...

http://www.youtube.com/user/jafaem#p/a/u/1/8RceYGkKM-Y

Doc_uk
05-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks Scouros,I know where my new exe folder is,but where within that folder do I add the 'target line' -mod=MODS\CMSounds?
right click your decktop launcher shortcut, select properties
under shortcut tab, TARGET,
paste it at the end so it looks something like this
"D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe" -mod=MODS\CMSounds

philip.ed
05-26-2011, 07:20 PM

Jesus mate, that looks, and sounds, pretty incredible! But I thought you were going to leave it alone...? :cool: LOL, top notch stuff!

fireflyerz
05-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Thats what I tell all the girls...;)

Doc...Im waitin for a certin something as soon as I have it were a go for release.

fireflyerz
05-27-2011, 10:51 AM
YES...I now have both Merlin and Daimler working in game at the same time using different PRS .

Its simple.... if you have dumped the sfs files already......

1-Go to $bob folder an move it to your mods folder ( I put mine inside the CMSound folder ) and then open up the flight models folder inside.

2-Go to Daimler-Benz Emd and change motor . merlin to motor . Daimler on both entries in there

3-Now create a new motor.daimler prs and place it in your sounds folder along side the motor.merlin prs you already have and your away :grin:

IF you know how to manipulate prs already you need no further info from me , if you are relatively new to this then I would suggest copying the merlin prs and renaming it daimler and then taking it from there.

Cheers
Jafa.

BigPickle
05-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Thats correct done mine already, but im having an issue with the twin engines. the same method dont work for those aircraft. Inside emd for say jumo211 you can apply the same prs method but it wont work you'll still get stock. When you dump and try a twin you get the twin sounds and prs files as i mentioned before and all twins used these.

I'm just about to test something to see if it will work but do you know how we can get around this Jaffa or is it an SDK job when the extra code has been written in?

JG1_Wanderfalke
05-27-2011, 11:19 AM
YES...I now have both Merlin and Daimler working in game at the same time using different PRS .

Its simple.... if you have dumped the sfs files already......

1-Go to $bob folder an move it to your mods folder ( I put mine inside the CMSound folder ) and then open up the flight models folder inside.

2-Go to Daimler-Benz Emd and change motor . merlin to motor . Daimler on both entries in there

3-Now create a new motor.daimler prs and place it in your sounds folder along side the motor.merlin prs you already have and your away :grin:

IF you know how to manipulate prs already you need no further info from me , if you are relatively new to this then I would suggest copying the merlin prs and renaming it daimler and then taking it from there.

Cheers
Jafa.

Could u please upload your SOUND MOD Folder

BigPickle
05-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Thats what I tell all the girls...;)

Doc...Im waitin for a certin something as soon as I have it were a go for release.

he said ^^

In this thread there are two of us working on sound mods, when we are done it will be uploaded, so there's no point in asking for it before its ready. Jaffa will make his own thread to release his mod so you will not miss it buddy.

If you just want to understand how to mod then I'm afraid there are no offical docs because this is a makeshift user way, best thing to do is go to Kegetys page and download his mod (page1) read his documentation. it explains about dumps the rest is up to you to look at the file structure of the game and then repeat it within your mod. Trust me Kegetys documents make it quite simple to understand. If you still dont understand then make a thread and we'll see if we cant make a user guide.

Heinz Laube
05-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Thats correct done mine already, but im having an issue with the twin engines. the same method dont work for those aircraft. Inside emd for say jumo211 you can apply the same prs method but it wont work you'll still get stock. When you dump and try a twin you get the twin sounds and prs files as i mentioned before and all twins used these.

I'm just about to test something to see if it will work but do you know how we can get around this Jaffa or is it an SDK job when the extra code has been written in?

i think im a bit closer... got the Ju87 with jumo211 working... now stuck my head in the 2mots ;) still same problem like u...

BigPickle
05-27-2011, 03:38 PM
yep its a flaw of having the current place holder setup. when the sdk comesd maybe we will have the ability to change it, but i'm not positive about that, i think any changes might have to be implimented by the devs before we can mod them.

AARPRazorbacks
05-27-2011, 10:23 PM
This MOD works darn good after I figured out how to install the MOD.

Thanks very much for this.:grin:

A short video with the gun sounds.

I'm going to post this link at SOH for others in the USA to see.

flyer01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldD69NFUEpY

Gerfaut
05-28-2011, 08:27 AM
... now stuck my head in the 2mots ;) still same problem like u...

Same issue here... I suspect 2mots are hardcoded...

fireflyerz
05-28-2011, 08:56 AM
I dont think it is a place holder set up , by the looks of it , its been set up and then abandoned - a bit like the rest of the game , I think what we are in essence doing is activating it but without a manual or any kind of HELP.

BigPickle
05-28-2011, 11:43 AM
Well tbh i've lost hope too, the writting on the wall says this game has had it. 1C seemingly keep producing patches about fixing things and they remain broken and example of this is full screen. I seem to have lost all my faith and confidence in this now.

I'm assuming the community here are new to modding, there's a lot of issues that can be caused by people thinking they are doing the right thing by the modder.
ASK always and ALWAYS ask before you do anything with anyones work. Alot of the time that persons work might be not really ment for public use and has been shared out of kindness, and when its hotlinked around the net and avertised as published etc it can result in issues and whining and all sorts of crap.

So in short my link is coming down untill the SDK is here, because i want to make it properly as good as I can. I love the videos peeps have made but its not ready to be put about as a real or proper release, its still just me testing around and seeing whats possible. Thats why i posted it here only.

I think it would be a good idea if the unwritten rules of modding written down so we dont have any misunderstandings or confusion. Then we can hopefully develop a great modding communty here but I'm not hopefull this game will be around this time next year.

Anyhow sorry about this chaps, no offense given i hope, lets hope that SDK gets here soon so we can do more than just tinker.

philip.ed
05-28-2011, 11:54 AM
As far as modding goes, I think Il-2 taught us a lot of what we need to know regarding rules. If a party (who is in no way affiliated with the games developers) decide to try and coordinate a modding effort their way, you are in for trouble in the long term. At the end of the day, when you put something on the internet for free, people are going to download it and use it their way. There is no technical way that you can't allow them to do this, and although it's courteous for someone to ask permission before altering someone elses work, this won't always be the case.
So if modding remains relatively uncordinated for CoD for a long time, I think modders have to realise that their work will get downloaded and manipulated by users, and maybe even altered and re-posted by others. It would be nice for the latter people to ask permission, but as I said, this won't always happen.
If everyone is mature about modding (take a look at the SAS forum) then everything can be fine. But the minute someone trys to step in and organise it their way and even throw around ideas of court-cases etc then it gets messy, unfriendly, and largely unenjoyable.
From what I've seen here, everyone seems to be really easy and cool about it which is great, but IIRC that's the way it started off with Il-2, and after about 2 years the modding community got largely ripped in two, so it will be interesting to see what happens here.

AARPRazorbacks
05-28-2011, 08:26 PM

nah its fine mate. Nice video indeed you making a short movie sort of thing? You must have a monster rig the detail is stunning!

@ Ali & JG1 - Nearmiss just said, basically until we are told not to, making and posting mods is fine

Well tbh i've lost hope too, the writting on the wall says this game has had it. 1C seemingly keep producing patches about fixing things and they remain broken and example of this is full screen. I seem to have lost all my faith and confidence in this now.

I'm assuming the community here are new to modding, there's a lot of issues that can be caused by people thinking they are doing the right thing by the modder.
ASK always and ALWAYS ask before you do anything with anyones work. Alot of the time that persons work might be not really ment for public use and has been shared out of kindness, and when its hotlinked around the net and avertised as published etc it can result in issues and whining and all sorts of crap.

So in short my link is coming down untill the SDK is here, because i want to make it properly as good as I can. I love the videos peeps have made but its not ready to be put about as a real or proper release, its still just me testing around and seeing whats possible. Thats why i posted it here only.

I think it would be a good idea if the unwritten rules of modding written down so we dont have any misunderstandings or confusion. Then we can hopefully develop a great modding communty here but I'm not hopefull this game will be around this time next year.

Anyhow sorry about this chaps, no offense given i hope, lets hope that SDK gets here soon so we can do more than just tinker.

I like the MOD.

The thing is you help others learn how to do this.

And you made the sound the why you like them.

What you did is a big step in the public developing CLoD.

I can also understand why you took down the MOD.

But to tell people not to build on your MOD is like the CLoD team telling you not to build on there SIM.:confused:

CLoD team will keep working on this sim with or with out the whinny hines.:grin:

flyer01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj_ME2HlThs&feature=player_embedded

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-29-2011, 10:32 AM
BigPickle,gotta hand it to ya,those new weapon sounds are superb,thanks very much,you have transformed the game IMO,no doubt in that.

I want to now add the engine sounds,but the Russian download for some reason is not working,I have registered all ok on their site,but the 'Megaupload' download is not working,is there a way that someone can upload them in a WinRAR file for us please,it would be really appreciated,thanks.

BigPickle
05-29-2011, 12:26 PM
No one is asking anyone not to do anything I wouldnt do myself, especially for changing or building on my mod, maybe i didnt explain myself to well.
All I'm saying is it still WIP, and being so there are errors etc im sure, i wanna make sure its done right before i release any more betas.
Also dont get me wrong im not stick in the mud but asking for politeness in terms of other people not hosting my mod on different sites about the net is my request. I chose to host it here and here only.
Its your choice if you wanna change tweak or template my mod and host else where when you have made it into your own mod, I'm very up for that sort of thing, but my mod i want to stay here. When you change it, its then your mod to host were you see fit.
Thats not overpowering of me to ask that, I'm very sorry if you feel it is, but i assure you me taking it down for now has nothing to do with anything other than waiting for the SDK so i can release a proper good mod.

#Edit#
Also something thats a little off topic but when philip mentioned this i felt i should put my opinion forward too, we who used AAA remember the stituation that became very sad for the IL2 modders community with all the infighting, it was all started by lack of politness and respect for other peoples efforts.
If that happens on offcial 1C forums, modding will be shut down, of this I'm sure. I'm not suggesting that it would happen or that people here would do that at all.
I guess im just saying it because having the ability to talk about and to actually produce mods on the 1C offfical forum is a major gift that we have been given.

warbirds
05-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Yes I am happy to see someone working on MODs for COD. At the SAS forums they are stuck in the past and ridicule anyone that tries or wants or even mentions modding COD so here is the only real place for discussion on this topic.

icetbag
05-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Can i just clarify that the "SAS" forum I keep reading about is www.sas1946.com ?

Cheers

BigPickle
05-29-2011, 03:55 PM
thats correct yeah.

Anyone found any word around the net about the SDK release by the way?

philip.ed
05-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Regarding politeness: I completely agree. I can't see why people don't choose to be courteous when editing other peoples work. I think I always used to say, if I make a mod, I am happy for people to change it in anyway they like. All I ask is recognition that it was my work before, and maybe a link to see what they've done ;)

Anyway, back on topic....:cool:

Doc_uk
05-29-2011, 04:35 PM
+1

BigPickle
05-29-2011, 05:25 PM
dude you just said in a simple short paragraph what it took me to say over two whole posts lol

jt_medina
05-29-2011, 06:43 PM
modders always are one step ahead. Excellent work.
Just wonder if I use it online I maybe banned.

BigPickle
05-30-2011, 09:29 AM
At this time i would say yes there is a possiblity. Thats part of the reason im waiting for the SDK, so we can know for sure what goes and what doesnt, seen as the devs cant seem communicate round here about this subject thats the best approach lol

Heinz Laube
05-30-2011, 09:54 AM
same here, waiting for the SDK and next patch, stopped playing Clod for now, anyway... will enjoy the Sun in Germany for the next time;)

Ze-Jamz
05-30-2011, 11:48 AM
modders always are one step ahead. Excellent work.
Just wonder if I use it online I maybe banned.

Who knows mate...nothing is certain around her or made clear

BigPickle
05-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Sorry about the squashed video, here's an update of some sounds. The first section is ambience, then onto bomb sounds. Best on headphones. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlGc0LLOHfY

Plt Off JRB Meaker
05-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Wow!!......Bp,you sure know how to treat us,much more realistic explosive sounds than the default,these really rock:grin::grin:

Ze-Jamz
05-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Yea very nice sound mate..

Nice work

Space Communist
06-07-2011, 04:19 AM
The gun sounds realistic enough... but it just sounds like one gun. You need to use that same sound but played 8 times at once with random timing.

I think if you do that you will end up with... more or less the original sound :p

So far The engine sound mods I have heard are great but I don't think anyone has managed to improve on the original gun sounds.

BigPickle
06-07-2011, 11:15 AM
The gun sounds realistic enough... but it just sounds like one gun. You need to use that same sound but played 8 times at once with random timing.

Impossible I'm afraid, that sort of thing has to be hardcoded in the sound engine. I've tried mixing the track in multiples but it just sounds like noise.