PDA

View Full Version : Map replacement mod request

Ataros
05-20-2011, 06:01 AM
Will it be difficult to make a mod replacing a localized version of ingame map with an International English version. Can someone help me with it or give detailed instructions how to do it please? Does it need only a replacement of some test file containing city names?

I am making some maps for multiplayer and just do not want to check spelling of every French city in Google if I want to write a briefing or print a HUD message on screen for players of a server. Then it is not very useful to give out localized map screenshots to the international community like here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=284728&postcount=27
And the 3rd reason is I do not think it is very historically correct an immersive to have Cyrillic letters in this historical setting.

Any advise would be appreciated. I've heard that keygetis mod has an extractor but have no idea how it works and which file I need from the English version.

Ali Fish
05-20-2011, 10:35 AM
the lettering on the pilot map u refer to ? i believe i might know how too.

use the SFS extract method. this contain a dump folder in main steam/il2 folders.

in _dump there is a file in a folder parts/bob, its called aerodrome.ini , every airfield is located in here with its coordinates. im presuming that a rename there would help. but also there is a fonts folder too !!!

if you need any help just ask.

EDIT: fonts folder is located in the first Core folder, ive had a look and you will need someone who knows what they are doing with those font.tga's.

2nd EDIT. i realise you are russian with a russian version of the game. i believe maybe you should simply get the fonts folder from the english version. and or apply language packs maybe too is required. not sure Ataros.

Ataros
05-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Thank you very much!

Can someone share the above mentioned files from an International version?

I think there should be not only aerodromes but city names as well somewhere. Do you have any idea?

Ataros
05-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Just found out that if I use international maddox.dll I can have the whole game in English. The disadvantage is I have to manually install it after every patch.

Ali Fish
05-21-2011, 12:28 PM
excellent ! they should give the russian version the same as the english then. bar the crazy filter ofcourse !