PDA

View Full Version : [MOD][ENG] "Saturation Mod" v 1.4.1 for King's Bounty: Dark Side

Molder
12-28-2021, 04:28 PM
Your attention is drawn to the global hardcore mod for King's Bounty Darkside, finally translated into English. The current version of Saturation mod 1.4.1 has the following features: unusually high difficulty, a lot of new creatures, artifacts, a variety of tactics, new hero skills, new medals, interesting opponents, new objects on the map and even a few new characters and quests, new game mechanics and much, much more.

Brief description of Saturation Mod v1.4.1:

Added or modified content relative to the original:

1. The player's hero
— 8 new skills for each class, available almost at the beginning of the game
— A new type of slot for items "Pants"
— Belt and Gloves are placed in separate slots
— Change of conditions and awards for some medals
— 11 new medals, 3 for each class and 2 overall
— Slower acquisition of new levels
— 33% less Leadership when getting a new level
— The maximum number of runes is issued up to the 80th level
— Increased the maximum number of levels for Blackie
— Redesigned some skills, such as "Onslaught" and "Foresight"
— The number of runes for getting a level is reduced by 1
— Redesigned gaining Experience and Gold for a fight in the direction of a significant reduction in Impossible Difficulty
— A new item type has been added — "Arcane Stone" designed for permanent strengthening of combat and resurrection spells. Stones do not enhance the talents of creatures
— The "Diversions" skill has been redesigned, now it cannot take away a turn, but it reduces Speed and blocks some abilities of enemy creatures
— The "Lord" skill has been redesigned, now it gives an increasing Leadership bonus instead of discounts and also gives a Protection bonus to all creatures.

2. Artifacts
— 300 new artifacts of various types
— 30 new sets of items, 5 assembled artifacts
— Items with improvements for runes or special conditions
— Runestones for exchanging runes
— A lot of new properties for artifacts: immunity to certain spells, strengthening the abilities of creatures, imposing effects in battle
— Significantly increased cost of artifacts depending on their level and effectiveness

3. Magic and Spells
— The balance of most types of spells has been redesigned in terms of the ratio of Mana to their effectiveness
— Almost all spells with massive damage have been weakened, point spells have been slightly strengthened
— Almost all spells now become more effective depending on Intellect
— Most spells can receive bonuses from various sources, such as artifacts or hero skills
— New spells: "Lizard Egg", "Revitalization", "Raise Dead", "Magic Resonance"
— Some unbalance-effective spells, such as "Phantom", "Creation", "Invisibility", can only be used a certain number of times per battle for each creature
— Added items that increase the usage limit of some of the spells described above
— Some spells are now limited to Leadership to use
— Changed the principle of operation of some spells, like "Last Hero" and "Doom"

4. Creatures
— Total rebalance of Leadership, Initiative, Speed and Cost of creatures. Melee creatures have become faster and more powerful on average, low—level creatures have become more profitable
— 40 new creatures for various factions
— A full-fledged Lizard race
— 300 new talents for creatures
— Adding passive properties to many creatures
— The influence of Intellect, artifacts or the hero himself on some talents or features of creatures
— 5 Runic creatures, the effectiveness of which strongly depends on the player's free runes
— Increase differences between dark and light versions of creatures

5. Arena
— Added the mechanics of fatigue in battle, now in protracted battles, creatures will receive penalties for Speed, Initiative and Morale, with the effect for the player or the computer depending on the complexity
— Each creature has one of five degrees of endurance in combat
— Improved AI for the behavior of creatures and heroes
— Rage skills are rebalanced, Jealousy depends on the hero's Leadership
— There are always 10 enemy units in battles with Gremlins Towers now
— The type of arena can have a stronger effect on creatures and even enable or disable certain talents for them
— The power of effects with permanent damage is reduced
— Now the randomness in battles is completely mathematical and does not depend on save/loads
— The player automatically loses if he does not have a single real squad left alive

6. Global Map
— 2 new characters in Portland and 3 new quests
— A huge variety of creatures and artifacts in stores
— The assortment of items in the Shelter stores is updated as prisoners are surrendered to Sorug
— Chief Sorug and Don Romantic are now merchants, Peter Stuhr returns 100k of gold after his defeat
— Enemy heroes are significantly enhanced, but various rewards can be given for defeating them, for example, Leadership or a bonus to the hero's characteristics
— The strength of enemies is 300% instead of 170% on Impossible Difficulty, the rest of the levels are also enhanced
— New objects and enemy heroes have been added to some locations

7. Technical features
— Fixed a huge number of bugs in the game, leading to crashes or incorrect operation of the program
— Some bugs, unfortunately, still remain, while it is not possible to fix some of them, but they are not critical at the same time
— Fixed sounds in the game, such as the sounds of Blackie's attacks
— Fixed missing music in some arenas
— Fixed a lot of graphical interface bugs, for example, extra elements or incorrect location of the hero image
— Now all hero slots are displayed when entering the castle
— Fixed the type of some arenas
— Fixed most of the typos of the original

Some screenshots: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17VatIl8EFNDlS6QAM9VELQUNNRqnAHgY?usp=sharing

Download the Mod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17OdwWFcRAe1Todojg862uY6fN16-RVEV/view?usp=sharing

A full description of the mod, tips on the game and the history of all versions can be found in the downloadable archive with the mod.

Sirlancelot
12-28-2021, 08:19 PM
Sounds awesome! And Dark Side is the only episode of the saga I haven't played yet. I can't wait :)

Molder
12-28-2021, 11:18 PM
Sounds awesome! And Dark Side is the only episode of the saga I haven't played yet. I can't wait :)

This mod is very different from the original Darkside, and indeed from other parts of King's Bounty too. In any case, good luck :)

Sirlancelot
12-31-2021, 10:20 AM
Well, here comes my first question:

What level of difficulty do you recommend for a newcomer to DarkSide along your mod? I'm a veteran of the series, though.

Molder
12-31-2021, 11:37 AM
Well, here comes my first question:

What level of difficulty do you recommend for a newcomer to DarkSide along your mod? I'm a veteran of the series, though.

Well, this mod is just designed for King's Bounty veterans. For the all-encompassing experience Impossible is recommended. The difficulty will for the most part be not at all in the number of enemies as such, but in their quality and features. Be prepared for the fact that the enemy can give a serious rebuff at any stage of the game, not only at the beginning, as usual.

Experience in the Dark Side is not so important, except that sometimes there may be extra running around due to completing quests.

Don't forget to read Advices & Tips for the mod.

Belcanzor
01-22-2022, 07:56 AM
Many thanks for your hard work!

In impossible:
The difficult skyrocket after the Dark Spirit.
Snow terrain and a ton of troops make the life of demoness hard :p
Tavern as 1k vikings or frozen creatures. I got 1 demon and 2 executioner, if someone got a hint please share.
I cannot pass the 2 heroes with a Vamp in impossible.

This is not criticism, is my personal experience. Mod work flawless.

Molder
01-22-2022, 09:47 PM
Many thanks for your hard work!

In impossible:
The difficult skyrocket after the Dark Spirit.
Snow terrain and a ton of troops make the life of demoness hard :p
Tavern as 1k vikings or frozen creatures. I got 1 demon and 2 executioner, if someone got a hint please share.
I cannot pass the 2 heroes with a Vamp in impossible.

This is not criticism, is my personal experience. Mod work flawless.

This mod is really very difficult for any players, regardless of their skill of the game. If it is very difficult for you, it may be worth taking Normal or Hard difficulty.

Moreover, the order of passage, the discovery of new islands, and so on are very important here. In this case, you should not fight on White Mountain (enemies will be killable there in the future), but try to levelup in Portland.

Belcanzor
01-23-2022, 12:52 AM
This mod is really very difficult for any players, regardless of their skill of the game. If it is very difficult for you, it may be worth taking Normal or Hard difficulty.

Moreover, the order of passage, the discovery of new islands, and so on are very important here. In this case, you should not fight on White Mountain (enemies will be killable there in the future), but try to levelup in Portland.

I find a troop that I can defeat without much loss and for my surprise I dont need to fight the others. Look I was wrong about the balance.
Thank you for your answer.

Molder
01-23-2022, 03:08 PM
I find a troop that I can defeat without much loss and for my surprise I dont need to fight the others. Look I was wrong about the balance.
Thank you for your answer.

Apparently I didn't understand you at first. As I understand it now, you meant the squads on the White Mountain necessary for the quest of the Dark Spirit. And now there are new units and objects there, which causes some confusion:) There is no need to immediately kill new troops, glad you found the right ones.

Belcanzor
02-11-2022, 11:48 PM
Is there a quest to not fight him? Already got the princess but still need to fight him and suffer very heavy loses.

I try several games but is always the same, I can defeat the map guardians without sweat but that guy is a monster.
Even troops that are fire protected died like nothing.

Is there no quest then just a hint about how to defeat a guy that barely got damage from 10 demons hit :p

Molder
02-12-2022, 11:13 AM
Is there a quest to not fight him? Already got the princess but still need to fight him and suffer very heavy loses.

I try several games but is always the same, I can defeat the map guardians without sweat but that guy is a monster.
Even troops that are fire protected died like nothing.

Is there no quest then just a hint about how to defeat a guy that barely got damage from 10 demons hit :p

You don't have to defeat Black Dragon so soon. Usually it's killable at level 10 or higher, using Archdemons, Steambots, Traps and Rage Skills.

Belcanzor
02-13-2022, 01:42 AM
Thanks!

Edit: You accept bug reports?
- Kamikaze dont show damage.
- The new item that add power to spells show a string error.
Both of these are harmless. I dont know what need to edit to fix them.
If the problem is in my side, please tellme.

Space Knight
02-13-2022, 11:57 AM
Whoa, I should have noticed this mod earlier. It looks very promising, I'll give it a try when I have time!

Molder
02-13-2022, 02:18 PM
Thanks!

Edit: You accept bug reports?
- Kamikaze dont show damage.
- The new item that add power to spells show a string error.
Both of these are harmless. I dont know what need to edit to fix them.
If the problem is in my side, please tellme.

Of course, I need reports a lot;)

Kamikaze's damage can be seen only in Magic Book or after the explosion. It doesn't have damage hint when casting.

About this item: screenshot might help a lot, no idea what item you're talking about for now.

Belcanzor
02-13-2022, 09:33 PM
The consumable that add damage to spells, like +50 to Poison Skull or +50 to Fire Arrow.

I think is this one:
"— Added items that increase the usage limit of some of the spells described above"

Molder
02-13-2022, 11:40 PM
The consumable that add damage to spells, like +50 to Poison Skull or +50 to Fire Arrow.

I think is this one:
"— Added items that increase the usage limit of some of the spells described above"

Please, make a screenshot of this. You're talking about "Arcane Stones" and there are 35+ types of them. Dunno why can they glitch, they all have the same hint script and I've checked them.

UPD: you just had to tell this happens when you try to "use" the items. There was a hint missed by me, I reuploaded the mod now, check it out by reinstalling the mod files, nothing will be corrupted.

Belcanzor
02-15-2022, 01:07 AM
I just come back from work and see you did all this for my comment.
Thank you.

Molder
02-17-2022, 05:12 PM
I just come back from work and see you did all this for my comment.
Thank you.

You're welcome. Better always tell about any noticable bugs, I'll try to fix them as fast as I can. Some bugs might be present only in English version due to the fact that originally mod is in Russian.

Molder
03-27-2022, 10:07 PM
fc_bayern, what was wrong with your post?:)

fc_bayern
03-28-2022, 03:24 PM
fc_bayern, what was wrong with your post?:)

I deleted it because it was stupid. I wrote about some feedbacks concerning units' movement speed at the mod especially Bears which are slow creatures and lack of variety in resistances of some identical units like Snakes. Almost all creatures has increased speed in those small arenas and rushing reduces the strategic quality of the game. But you make this mod as you like it and it's easy for me to correct what I like for myself so there is no point to criticize you. The rest of the stuff: balance, new quests, items and so on are awsome.

Molder
03-28-2022, 04:12 PM
I deleted it because it was stupid. I wrote about some feedbacks concerning units' movement speed at the mod especially Bears which are slow creatures and lack of variety in resistances of some identical units like Snakes. Almost all creatures has increased speed in those small arenas and rushing reduces the strategic quality of the game. But you make this mod as you like it and it's easy for me to correct what I like for myself so there is no point to criticize you. The rest of the stuff: balance, new quests, items and so on are awsome.

I don't think tips and criticism were stupid. You see, the essence of the mod in many ways is precisely so that the player cannot easily block the entire arena and keep dangerous units under control. On the contrary, I strive for a situation where the enemy controls the arena, or at least gives the player serious problems. As for the bears, they have always been very easy opponents, which is not quite right, in my opinion.

At the moment I have almost finished making version 1.5 (unfortunately, so far only in Russian), so there in general the passage will be so difficult that it will be possible to completely lose. The enemy will become even smarter and angrier :)

fc_bayern
03-29-2022, 02:42 AM
I don't think tips and criticism were stupid. You see, the essence of the mod in many ways is precisely so that the player cannot easily block the entire arena and keep dangerous units under control. On the contrary, I strive for a situation where the enemy controls the arena, or at least gives the player serious problems. As for the bears, they have always been very easy opponents, which is not quite right, in my opinion.

At the moment I have almost finished making version 1.5 (unfortunately, so far only in Russian), so there in general the passage will be so difficult that it will be possible to completely lose. The enemy will become even smarter and angrier :)

OK. I understand you make battles in this mod to be total mess and players not to aim achieving zero casualties because this will be mission impossible. By the way I don't notice any obstacles blocking the arena like logs for example or many more extra summoning units compare to the vanilla so the control over arena is almost none. I'm curious about changelog of your new version and some of them I may like to apply in my game. Unfortunately leaving Portland the game became insanely difficult for me and must restart it choosing something between hard and impossible. Also I run out of money because I don't like to equip my caracter only with dragons and I'm always testing some of the weaker units. I noticed that the enemy is smarter than the original game - trying to make zero casualty AI constantly hit my weakest unit and that drives me crazy. :)
p.s. Do you have a link to v1.5? I don't find it in google or vk.

Molder
03-29-2022, 03:32 AM
OK. I understand you make battles in this mod to be total mess and players not to aim achieving zero casualties because this will be mission impossible. By the way I don't notice any obstacles blocking the arena like logs for example or many more extra summoning units compare to the vanilla so the control over arena is almost none. I'm curious about changelog of your new version and some of them I may like to apply in my game. Unfortunately leaving Portland the game became insanely difficult for me and must restart it choosing something between hard and impossible. Also I run out of money because I don't like to equip my caracter only with dragons and I'm always testing some of the weaker units. I noticed that the enemy is smarter than the original game - trying to make zero casualty AI constantly hit my weakest unit and that drives me crazy. :)
p.s. Do you have a link to v1.5? I don't find it in google or vk.

In my understanding, "mess" is just when a player does whatever his heart desires with an opponent, but this is purely my opinion, I do not pretend to the truth.

In the Dark Side, there are quite a few obstacles in the arenas, just in the future this will be fixed, but for now - it remains from the original.

Yes, the computer is configured just like that (but it is far from complete) - it knows how to inflict unpleasant losses, and on average makes fewer stupid and meaningless moves.

There is no link to version 1.5 yet, because I need at least a few more days to finish it at all. The general list of changes there is very large, and so far I have not organized it so as to write decently.

fc_bayern
03-29-2022, 05:41 AM
There is no link to version 1.5 yet, because I need at least a few more days to finish it at all. The general list of changes there is very large, and so far I have not organized it so as to write decently.

Well then, I intend to pause playing your mod until v1.5 because those so many new things needs my complete devotion. Meanwhile I will test the new improvements of Hirao's mod which is very familiar to me. Do you think to make some minor units' resistance changes for more variety and wider spell usage. For example all your snakes has -10%Fire and -20%Glacial resistance. I would put +20%Fire and -30%Glacial for Red Snake that force players to use not only Fire Arrow and also Cold Grasp in their spellbooks. Finally I want to mention a strange fact that happens to me. First time I play your mod at impossible I rush straight to Portland without clearing Catacombs and Whitehills with very few leadership. When I did my job almost all enemies in Portland was Weak or Slightly Weaker. The second time i tried to take as much possible leadership as I could including from skills and clearing all enemies before entering Portland. I was shocked when I see all enemies - Slightly Stronger or Equal-to-strenght with great variety of new stronger units. Difficulty is the same i'm still keeping my savegames. So AI monsters are adjusted to your current level and leadership in every single map? Sorry I haven't played King's Bounty from a year and I forgot this detail.

Molder
03-29-2022, 11:06 AM
Well then, I intend to pause playing your mod until v1.5 because those so many new things needs my complete devotion. Meanwhile I will test the new improvements of Hirao's mod which is very familiar to me. Do you think to make some minor units' resistance changes for more variety and wider spell usage. For example all your snakes has -10%Fire and -20%Glacial resistance. I would put +20%Fire and -30%Glacial for Red Snake that force players to use not only Fire Arrow and also Cold Grasp in their spellbooks. Finally I want to mention a strange fact that happens to me. First time I play your mod at impossible I rush straight to Portland without clearing Catacombs and Whitehills with very few leadership. When I did my job almost all enemies in Portland was Weak or Slightly Weaker. The second time i tried to take as much possible leadership as I could including from skills and clearing all enemies before entering Portland. I was shocked when I see all enemies - Slightly Stronger or Equal-to-strenght with great variety of new stronger units. Difficulty is the same i'm still keeping my savegames. So AI monsters are adjusted to your current level and leadership in every single map? Sorry I haven't played King's Bounty from a year and I forgot this detail.

Well, 1.5 will be very soon in Russian, but translation can take months, it's a very complicated process here.
Why should snakes have to be protected from fire damage? In life, they're not:)
AI monsters are generated one time per new game and are not changing during the plays. No idea what happened there with the same Difficulty.

fc_bayern
03-29-2022, 01:49 PM
Well, 1.5 will be very soon in Russian, but translation can take months, it's a very complicated process here.
Why should snakes have to be protected from fire damage? In life, they're not:)
AI monsters are generated one time per new game and are not changing during the plays. No idea what happened there with the same Difficulty.

Haha. What about Zombies? In life they are very slow but in game they are faster than Eagles using their abilities. :) And you are not right, I ment RED Snake, they should be protected from Fire because in nature there are some desert snakes that endure hot sun. Also look some of the first edition of the game(Legions or Crossworlds i don't know for sure) where there are a big variety of protections and weaknesses. Anyway. Why translastion should take so long? You have the base english texts of quests and most of the stuff, you need to translate only the new one. This is not an issue, in few hours I would adjust the new verson with some automatic translation. Besides I'm not in a hurry, replaying the other mod will take me more than a month for sure. So take your time to refine every detail. ;)

Molder
03-29-2022, 02:52 PM
Haha. What about Zombies? In life they are very slow but in game they are faster than Eagles using their abilities. :) And you are not right, I ment RED Snake, they should be protected from Fire because in nature there are some desert snakes that endure hot sun. Also look some of the first edition of the game(Legions or Crossworlds i don't know for sure) where there are a big variety of protections and weaknesses. Anyway. Why translastion should take so long? You have the base english texts of quests and most of the stuff, you need to translate only the new one. This is not an issue, in few hours I would adjust the new verson with some automatic translation. Besides I'm not in a hurry, replaying the other mod will take me more than a month for sure. So take your time to refine every detail. ;)

Zombies are not as real as snakes :) Moreover, we don't know if it's a desert snake or not.

In any case, believe me, a few percent of damage resistance does not play a big role, it's even strange that you focused on such ordinary units as snakes. And it is in mod that the issue of resistances in a variety of troops has been worked out more than a lot.

The problem is not in the translation itself, but in finding all the places where this translation is needed. Everything is located in very different corners of different files, and you need to find a match for everything.

fc_bayern
03-29-2022, 06:12 PM
Zombies are not as real as snakes :) Moreover, we don't know if it's a desert snake or not.

In any case, believe me, a few percent of damage resistance does not play a big role, it's even strange that you focused on such ordinary units as snakes. And it is in mod that the issue of resistances in a variety of troops has been worked out more than a lot.

The problem is not in the translation itself, but in finding all the places where this translation is needed. Everything is located in very different corners of different files, and you need to find a match for everything.

Don't be so sure! Travel west from Moscow in the so-called liberal world and you will be pleasantly surprised, or unpleasantly. :) Zombies are everywhere.

Trust me 30% resistance difference is a big deal. And it's not about just snakes, I gave you an example. I mixed all ordinary units: snakes, spiders, bears, fireflies and so on. I like variety in my strategy using a lot of different kind of units. In the previous mod that I was playing I usually added 2 extra reserve slots.

Winrar and folders has a good searching machine and every change apply for the moment. I would help you but my english is not perfect and will make some mistakes.

Molder
03-29-2022, 06:36 PM
Don't be so sure! Travel west from Moscow in the so-called liberal world and you will be pleasantly surprised, or unpleasantly. :) Zombies are everywhere.

Trust me 30% resistance difference is a big deal. And it's not about just snakes, I gave you an example. I mixed all ordinary units: snakes, spiders, bears, fireflies and so on. I like variety in my strategy using a lot of different kind of units. In the previous mod that I was playing I usually added 2 extra reserve slots.

Winrar and folders has a good searching machine and every change apply for the moment. I would help you but my english is not perfect and will make some mistakes.

I appreciated your reference. However, you're right, there really are a lot of zombies here, apparently, at least half.

I'll be more precise. Specifically in my mod, in my experience of all walkthroughs and balance, snakes are an unimportant unit. So specifically for them, 30% of the role does not play.

Searching by dates certainly makes the job easier. But the problem is that you also need to find in the files themselves, for example, the exact line that I changed/added/modified compared to the last version. Since everything is done in a regular notepad, this search cannot be optimized.

fc_bayern
03-31-2022, 03:42 PM
Dude, your mod is one of the best I have played. Every single battle is epic. But progressing with the levels the goal to end with no or few casualty became more and more difficult. You mod needs more healers desperately. At least one good healer per rаce. Demon healer - Ocultess is a crap and it's impossible to keep her alive. Her ability should ressurect, not only cure. Undead healer - Necromancer. Remove Shackles ability from him(you have this ability in your spellbook and don't need on him) and replace it with Animate Dead ability. Besides Skeletons and Zombies are very fragile and need to revive them constantly. Orc healer - Shaman is good. He has Dance Axes and Protective Totem which are enough but should be used by players more than once per battle.
Finally I should ask some assistance how to complete the quest ''Motley Army''. I gave the trader 2 runes per kind and buy an army from him but the quest doesn't end. What does he means to hire ''small mercenary troops''? I buy several times what I need from him.

Molder
03-31-2022, 03:52 PM
Dude, your mod is one of the best I have played. Every single battle is epic. But progressing with the levels the goal to end with no or few casualty became more and more difficult. You mod needs more healers desperately. At least one good healer per rаce. Demon healer - Ocultess is a crap and it's impossible to keep her alive. Her ability should ressurect, not only cure. Undead healer - Necromancer. Remove Shackles ability from him(you have this ability in your spellbook and don't need on him) and replace it with Animate Dead ability. Besides Skeletons and Zombies are very fragile and need to revive them constantly. Orc healer - Shaman is good. He has Dance Axes and Protective Totem which are enough but should be used by players more than once per battle.
Finally I should ask some assistance how to complete the quest ''Motley Army''. I gave the trader 2 runes per kind and buy an army from him but the quest doesn't end. What does he means to hire ''small mercenary troops''? I buy several times what I need from him.

Thank you for your feedback. In general, about half of the game will definitely be epic in battles, and then only enemy heroes will pose a threat.

This mod is difficult to pass at all, not to mention heavy losses in many battles. Usually, you can easily earn a Great Strategist's medal at about the thirtieth level.

I would not like to add resurrectionists to each race, here resurrection is a way to reduce losses only sometimes, but not to avoid them completely. To give such opportunities to creatures is to ruin the economy in many ways, because it will be a free replenishment of troops, in fact. This is not exactly what I'm aiming for in development. However, don't worry - there are much more ways to resurrect and replenish troops here than in the original - but later.

As for the quest with a set of mercenaries: to finish it completely, you need to pay 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 Runes of each type, that is, 5 times. This is a very expensive quest, although some try to complete it as early as possible because of the great reward in Leadership and the availability of troops of any race.

Space Knight
05-28-2022, 12:25 PM
I get crashes whenever interacting with any enemy army or the portal towards Dragandor in the catacombs at the beginning of the game. Why does this happen?

Molder
05-28-2022, 01:34 PM
I get crashes whenever interacting with any enemy army or the portal towards Dragandor in the catacombs at the beginning of the game. Why does this happen?

Do you have a game log? It seems your mod wasn't installed in a proper way. Crashes usually take place when game is missing some files to operate with.

Space Knight
05-29-2022, 02:06 PM
Do you have a game log? It seems your mod wasn't installed in a proper way. Crashes usually take place when game is missing some files to operate with.

I think this is it, found in Dark Side's subfolder in My Games: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbdkwaydkxvye7n/KBDS+Crash.rar/file

Molder
05-29-2022, 05:15 PM
I think this is it, found in Dark Side's subfolder in My Games: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbdkwaydkxvye7n/KBDS+Crash.rar/file

No, it's not the right thing. But you're very close! I need a file "game.txt" or "game.log" from the same folder.

Space Knight
05-29-2022, 05:44 PM
Here you go!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d1tlhy8cjhtrkso/game.log/file

Molder
05-29-2022, 05:47 PM
Here you go!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/d1tlhy8cjhtrkso/game.log/file

The game says it's missing file of a new unit of the mod. The problem is on your side (installation of the mod).

Space Knight
06-03-2022, 11:31 AM
Thanks! I will reinstall the mod and check whether that particular file is missing or not.

Edit: It works now! Thanks again!

Sirlancelot
06-11-2022, 06:47 AM
Hello again! :)

I have started over with the vampire. And my only complain so far is the huge difficulty gap between Hard and Impossible. Impossible really forces you to struggle and medidate every single decision, whereas Hard feels like a cakewalk in comparison. Is there any easy way to change the parameters of any of them?

Congratulations for the mod and the good work. Looking forward to v1.5!

Molder
06-11-2022, 11:45 AM
Thanks! I will reinstall the mod and check whether that particular file is missing or not.

Edit: It works now! Thanks again!

Very good! However, I can't imagine what could have gone wrong before that, but okay.

No problem. Enjoy the game.

Molder
06-11-2022, 11:47 AM
Hello again! :)

I have started over with the vampire. And my only complain so far is the huge difficulty gap between Hard and Impossible. Impossible really forces you to struggle and medidate every single decision, whereas Hard feels like a cakewalk in comparison. Is there any easy way to change the parameters of any of them?

Congratulations for the mod and the good work. Looking forward to v1.5!

That's just the way it is. In general, the mod was originally planned specifically for an Impossible level of complexity, the remaining levels are more likely for those who do not want to strain too much. In further patches, the situation is slightly leveled.

At the moment, the 1.5 version in Russian was released two months ago. I am currently working on version 1.5.1, so for now the translation will not be soon.

Sirlancelot
06-13-2022, 01:28 AM
That's just the way it is. In general, the mod was originally planned specifically for an Impossible level of complexity, the remaining levels are more likely for those who do not want to strain too much. In further patches, the situation is slightly leveled.

At the moment, the 1.5 version in Russian was released two months ago. I am currently working on version 1.5.1, so for now the translation will not be soon.

But, can't I do some local edits to Hard (for example), in the meanwhile? Logic.txt is the way to go, isn't? I just want a bit more of gold than the 20% of Impossible. 50% should be enough.

The other fields/parameters of Impossible are fine.

Molder
06-13-2022, 01:35 AM
But, can't I do some local edits to Hard (for example), in the meanwhile? Logic.txt is the way to go, isn't? I just want a bit more of gold than the 20% of Impossible. 50% should be enough.

The other fields/parameters of Impossible are fine.

It's only up to you. Play the game in the way it suits you. Actually, I can't even do something about that anyway:D
And yes, Logic.txt is the file.

Sirlancelot
06-13-2022, 01:43 AM
But... I don't know what exactly needs to be changed in order to set the game per described above.

Let's see:

difficulty_k {
exp=0.6|1.4|2.2|3.0 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà ãåðîÿ
alead=1.2|1.8|2.4|3.0 // êîýô. ëèäåðñòâà âðàãà
spexp=0.8|1.2|1.6|2.0 // êîýô. ðàñòÿæåíèÿ òàáëèöû îïûòà äóõîâ ÿðîñòè
money=2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 // êîýô. ïîëó÷åííûõ äåíåã
rage=2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ÿðîñòè â áîþ
manarage=2.0|1.0|0.80|0.5 // êîýô. ïðèõîäà ìàíû íà êàðòå, à äëÿ ÿðîñòè ñêîðîñòè ïàäåíèÿ

start_gold=5.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. çîëîòà
start_crystals=5.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. êðèñòàëëîâ
start_mana=2.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ìàíû
start_rage=2.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ÿðîñòè
start_rune_might=3.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ðóí ñèëû
start_rune_mind=3.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ðóí äóõà
start_rune_magic=3.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ðóí ìàãèè
start_book=3.0|1.0|1.00|1.0 // íà÷àëüíûé êîýô. ðàçìåð êíèãè

bossatk=1.2|1.8|2.4|3.0 // êîýô. àòàêè áîññà
bosshp=1.2|1.8|2.4|3.0 // êîýô. æèçíè áîññà

deadmoney=3.0|2.0|1.7|1.5 // êîýô. ïîëó÷åííûõ äåíåã çà ïîòåðè â áîþ

boxradar= 1 | 1 | 1 | 1 // äîáðÿêè íà ðàäàðå
}

--> money=2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 --> money=2.0|1.4|0.5|0.2

Right?

Do I need to modify anything else? :confused:

Molder
06-13-2022, 10:46 AM
But... I don't know what exactly needs to be changed in order to set the game per described above.

Let's see:

--> money=2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 --> money=2.0|1.4|0.5|0.2

Right?

Do I need to modify anything else? :confused:

2.0|1.4|0.8|0.2 means:

200% Gold on Easy
140% Gold on Normal
80% Gold on Hard
20% Gold on Impossible

You have to change 0.2 to 0.5 if you want to modify Gold on Impossible. Thats the only thing needed.

Sirlancelot
06-15-2022, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Molder. For now I'm trying to cope with Impossible default parameters, though. It feels exhausting yet rewarding.

Sirlancelot
06-27-2022, 02:58 PM
Hi again. :) I'm doing my best to get money and survive. And consequently, now that I face a certain famous novice I wonder, would recruiting a pack of pirates, sea wolves and mustache pirates =P be a good idea to both defeat my opponent and obtain gold on fights ahead? Or I'm thinking nonsense?

Molder
06-27-2022, 04:01 PM
Hi again. :) I'm doing my best to get money and survive. And consequently, now that I face a certain famous novice I wonder, would recruiting a pack of pirates, sea wolves and mustache pirates =P be a good idea to both defeat my opponent and obtain gold on fights ahead? Or I'm thinking nonsense?

Not sure this will give lots of money in version 1.4.1. I worked on scripts for mining gold in battle in 1.5, that's where the amount will really be more serious.

I'm afraid that in your case, the pirates' losses may exceed the possible income from such tactics, although sometimes it will make sense.

For good earnings per battle, artifacts with gold bonuses are best suited, compared to units for sure.

Sirlancelot
06-27-2022, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that's what I feared. Perhaps Assasins or other non specialized gold diggers units with good survivality would be actually a better deal.

Currently I'm using Marauders with discrete, not that good, results. They're much better than in previous Kings B. iterations, but is really difficult to keep them alive on certain battles. Which of course translate into a poor trade-off regarding gold/finances terms.

Trade skill first rank is helping me out a bit, but casualties of both Skeletons & Skeletons archers, Marauders and common Imps are so many, I feel more like a beggar than an adventurer haha =P
And this way Fat cat / Grand strategian medals are obviously out of equation as well.

Sirlancelot
06-27-2022, 04:48 PM
Didn't find any gold related artifacts other than the Pirate Halberd and the Jackboots, which, regrettably, I wasn't able to afford in time.

Bad luck, I guess. By contrast, in my precedent playthrough I found at least three items of this type.

Sirlancelot
06-27-2022, 06:27 PM
So a question, then. If I change gold income from battles now, will the effects show in game inmediatly, or I will need to restart?

Molder
06-27-2022, 09:31 PM
So a question, then. If I change gold income from battles now, will the effects show in game inmediatly, or I will need to restart?

I haven't actually checked that. I believe that the effect will be immediately in this game, a new one is hardly necessary to start.

Molder
06-27-2022, 09:33 PM
Didn't find any gold related artifacts other than the Pirate Halberd and the Jackboots, which, regrettably, I wasn't able to afford in time.

Bad luck, I guess. By contrast, in my precedent playthrough I found at least three items of this type.

There are lots of items with that bonus, but some of them can be bought only at high-level islands or from rare races.

Sirlancelot
07-02-2022, 08:25 PM
Hello again. I'm stuck in Portland.

The blacksmith forged the fault iron you buy from Blasquito and damage with the witch help, but it seems it doesn't affect the castle guard at all. Is this a known bug or I'm missing something?

Molder
07-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Hello again. I'm stuck in Portland.

The blacksmith forged the fault iron you buy from Blasquito and damage with the witch help, but it seems it doesn't affect the castle guard at all. Is this a known bug or I'm missing something?

Indeed, it is, now this quest is being done for the sake of experience, it does not have an effect on the commander at the castle. This was done for technical reasons - in the original, such enemy weakening scripts often failed and issued a fine not for one fight, but for the entire game at once, for example.

It is better to defeat this hero by luring him out with the help of Feline.

If you don't have enough strength to break through the heroes, it's better to make your way to other islands - Inzelburg and Monteville. Try to kill ordinary monsters there, and leave the heroes of Portland for later.

Sirlancelot
07-03-2022, 12:05 AM
Thanks but, how exactly can you lure him out with Feline aid? Every time I try to do so by talking to her, she says something along the lines of "I finally get your attention" and Daert replies "You'll have to wait longer", which leads nowhere.

Molder
07-03-2022, 12:09 AM
Thanks but, how exactly can you lure him out with Feline aid? Every time I try to do so by talking to her, she says something along the lines of "I finally get your attention" and Daert replies "You'll have to wait longer", which leads nowhere.

You have to talk to Bayard, then come to Delacur and provoke him with Felin. That part wasn't changed since original Darkside.

Sirlancelot
07-03-2022, 12:27 AM
You have to talk to Bayard, then come to Delacur and provoke him with Felin. That part wasn't changed since original Darkside.

You mean Delacourt, Feline's former husband? I turned him into a zombie and it seems no dialogue option shows up after talking with Bayard. :(

Molder
07-03-2022, 02:00 AM
You mean Delacourt, Feline's former husband? I turned him into a zombie and it seems no dialogue option shows up after talking with Bayard. :(

Yep. If you did that, you've ruined the quest with Feline and her distraction of Bayard:(

Also sorry, I don't remember most of the names in English, might be clumsy.

Sirlancelot
07-03-2022, 02:17 AM
Yep. If you did that, you've ruined the quest with Feline and her distraction of Bayard:(

Also sorry, I don't remember most of the names in English, might be clumsy.

Argh. :( Is there any workaround or I need to load a previous save /restart?

Molder
07-03-2022, 03:31 AM
Argh. :( Is there any workaround or I need to load a previous save /restart?

Nothing to do here to fix that in the game of yours. But you can just do some other quests/search other islands. It's not the End of the World.

Sirlancelot
07-03-2022, 04:01 AM
Nothing to do here to fix that in the game of yours. But you can just do some other quests/search other islands. It's not the End of the World.

You mean, Portland plot is not critical to advance the main quest and complete the game? I didn't know that.

Molder
07-03-2022, 11:17 AM
You mean, Portland plot is not critical to advance the main quest and complete the game? I didn't know that.

I mean, it's not necessary to go through Portland completely first and only then move to other islands. There is also a tendency here that fights with heroes are much more difficult than regular squads, so the heroes need to be beaten the later, the better.

Sirlancelot
07-05-2022, 04:09 PM
I mean, it's not necessary to go through Portland completely first and only then move to other islands. There is also a tendency here that fights with heroes are much more difficult than regular squads, so the heroes need to be beaten the later, the better.

Thanks for your advices and insight, Molder. :) They're very helpful.

Time to report a bug:

Death Eyes are not able to properly shock enemies. When their attacks/talent triggers the effect, it only decreases Initiative. Action Points remains the same. Quite annoying. Death eyes are both Leadership and gold extremely demandant.

----

Some features I would love to see someday:

For conveniency:

º At least four reserves available slots. Go and forth to the castles garrisoned troops is very time consuming.

The pants and belt additional slots were superb. Not just for convenience. Is very funny to have the chance to collect more items.

º Soldable troops! Waiting for it since The Legend.

º An optional time limit (clock) to move and act each turn. Like chess. Three minutes? Five? That's not so important. But a time limit for us players whom can expend ages before making our minds, would be great, a saver.

For challenge and realism:

º AI further improvements. I have noticed some (a few) weird behaviours here and there.

Molder
07-05-2022, 06:49 PM
Thanks for your advices and insight, Molder. :) They're very helpful.

Time to report a bug:

Death Eyes are not able to properly shock enemies. When their attacks/talent triggers the effect, it only decreases Initiative. Action Points remains the same. Quite annoying. Death eyes are both Leadership and gold extremely demandant.

----

Some features I would love to see someday:

For conveniency:

º At least four reserves available slots. Go and forth to the castles garrisoned troops is very time consuming.

The pants and belt additional slots were superb. Not just for convenience. Is very funny to have the chance to collect more items.

º Soldable troops! Waiting for it since The Legend.

º An optional time limit (clock) to move and act each turn. Like chess. Three minutes? Five? That's not so important. But a time limit for us players whom can expend ages before making our minds, would be great, a saver.

For challenge and realism:

º AI further improvements. I have noticed some (a few) weird behaviours here and there.

Shock from Death Eyes is not a bug, but the standard mechanics of this effect. The fact is that they go last, that is, they do not have time to shock the enemy before he makes his move. In this case, only the Initiative is reduced for the next move, but not the Speed. You can try to raise their Initiative a lot, for example, with a Battle Cry spell - and you will see that in this case the Speed will also be cut.

Additional reserve slots - technically it is extremely difficult and will not work quite correctly. For this purpose, the number of Castles increases in each new patch so that there are places to store everything.

Selling troops is technically impossible to do normally, the game engine is not designed for this. Maximum - maybe something like this can be done with the help of artifacts and maybe a Blackie. Not in the near future.

The timer during the battle is technically impossible for sure.

AI is improving every patch. But he will never be reasonable as a person. There are two main reasons here - first, the AI does not know how to calculate moves for the future, it always makes only this particular move. Secondly, AI scripts are incredibly complex and cannot take into account any circumstances on the battlefield.

Sirlancelot
07-21-2022, 10:38 PM
Something in Wizards and Archmages code, creature info or whatever leads to erratic and buggy AI behaviour:

Kamikaze doesn't kick in, some units lose their turn, etc.

It's a pity. That spread lightning looks awesome (although its damage overall is very poor)

Molder
07-22-2022, 01:43 AM
Something in Wizards and Archmages code, creature info or whatever leads to erratic and buggy AI behaviour:

Kamikaze doesn't kick in, some units lose their turn, etc.

It's a pity. That spread lightning looks awesome (although its damage overall is very poor)

Dunno whats wrong with mages, didn't notice anything like this.

Kamikaze is a pretty glitchy spell, the script wasn't changed from original for the reason "at least sometimes it works properly".

Sirlancelot
07-22-2022, 02:59 AM
Dunno whats wrong with mages, didn't notice anything like this.

Kamikaze is a pretty glitchy spell, the script wasn't changed from original for the reason "at least sometimes it works properly".

I have attached a savegame below.

Yeah. Sometimes triggers almost right away and others at the correct time (when it's suppose to do, that is, the next round)

Molder
07-22-2022, 10:12 AM
I have attached a savegame below.

Yeah. Sometimes triggers almost right away and others at the correct time (when it's suppose to do, that is, the next round)

Even with the help of your save, I didn't understand what the problem with Archmages was. Everything works correctly for me - they strike with lightning, the enemy is shocked, but everything also goes forward and behaves correctly.

Sirlancelot
07-22-2022, 04:27 PM
Even with the help of your save, I didn't understand what the problem with Archmages was. Everything works correctly for me - they strike with lightning, the enemy is shocked, but everything also goes forward and behaves correctly.

Please, check the save. I'm testing a bit and seeing that the problem may be well only related to one area or area condition. The only two fights where I have found the bug so far are the one against Lucia the Novice (Lucia had a few archmages), and the battle against some bears, an Ice minion and an Ice spider which all guard a shrine (mana boost, I presume) Upon loading the save you are next to the aforementioned enemy.

Currently I have only tested the Wizards in Whitehill and Monteville initial undead village where you arrive through sailing.

Molder
07-22-2022, 06:08 PM
Please, check the save. I'm testing a bit and seeing that the problem may be well only related to one area or area condition. The only two fights where I have found the bug so far are the one against Lucia the Novice (Lucia had a few archmages), and the battle against some bears, an Ice minion and an Ice spider which all guard a shrine (mana boost, I presume) Upon loading the save you are next to the aforementioned enemy.

Currently I have only tested the Wizards in Whitehill and Monteville initial undead village where you arrive through sailing.

I checked your save, but I still don't see the problem. Can you fully describe specifically what exactly is bothering you there?

Sirlancelot
07-24-2022, 05:20 PM
I checked your save, but I still don't see the problem. Can you fully describe specifically what exactly is bothering you there?

Sure.

I have repeated the fight where I found the bug ten or more times. It appears to happen randomly, not always. Annoying and difficult to track.

It can appear following these steps:

1. Casting kamikaze on the common bears.

2. Use "waiting", with the bone dragons.

= Kamizake doesn't trigger and the bone dragons turn is skipped.

Molder
07-24-2022, 10:28 PM
Sure.

I have repeated the fight where I found the bug ten or more times. It appears to happen randomly, not always. Annoying and difficult to track.

It can appear following these steps:

1. Casting kamikaze on the common bears.

2. Use "waiting", with the bone dragons.

= Kamizake doesn't trigger and the bone dragons turn is skipped.

I already said about Kamikaze spell. It's glitchy from original, sometimes not working properly, I know that for a long time. There's no way to fix it properly, so this spell will stay the same as now.

Sirlancelot
09-08-2022, 08:45 PM
Hi Molder.

I'm suffering crashes when trying to suppress the Jackboots. More specifically, after casting Flame arrow on Celestial Guards. Is this a known bug?

Sirlancelot
09-08-2022, 09:12 PM
I have attached my last savegame, just in case it helps.

Molder
09-10-2022, 09:02 PM
I have attached my last savegame, just in case it helps.

I don't have version 1.4.1 anymore, playing on russian 1.5.1 for now, but I tried anyway, everything was fine for me. The problem here, gladly, is not in the Jackboots, it's the Celestial Guards. Sometimes game crashes when they get some damaging effect like Burning, Poison, etc., this is a stock game animation bug. Try to kill them without that effects (even if they die instantly). This thing is repaired in later mod versions.

Sirlancelot
09-12-2022, 04:05 PM
I don't have version 1.4.1 anymore, playing on russian 1.5.1 for now, but I tried anyway, everything was fine for me. The problem here, gladly, is not in the Jackboots, it's the Celestial Guards. Sometimes game crashes when they get some damaging effect like Burning, Poison, etc., this is a stock game animation bug. Try to kill them without that effects (even if they die instantly). This thing is repaired in later mod versions.

Glad that you identified and solve the bug so quickly.

Congratulations for 1.5.1, by the way!

May I, or a friend of mine help you with the translations process somehow? We're not russian expert, but maybe could fix english typos and check the english texts/strings for inconsistencies to remove/fix and so on.

Sirlancelot
09-12-2022, 04:15 PM
Oh, one last thing. Do you think buying the "XP bonus" wanderer scrolls is strategically a smart move, considering that my Vampire is currently level 16? I don't have Archmage nor Higher mage skills yet.

Molder
09-12-2022, 06:34 PM
Glad that you identified and solve the bug so quickly.

Congratulations for 1.5.1, by the way!

May I, or a friend of mine help you with the translations process somehow? We're not russian expert, but maybe could fix english typos and check the english texts/strings for inconsistencies to remove/fix and so on.

Oh, one last thing. Do you think buying the "XP bonus" wanderer scrolls is strategically a smart move, considering that my Vampire is currently level 16? I don't have Archmage nor Higher mage skills yet.

Version 1.5.1 in Russian was released back in July, although in the end it had to be finalized until recently. The problem and complexity of translation here is that it is necessary to correlate large volumes of text. You need to manually take and compare files in each language so that not a single line is lost. This is a long and tedious job, which is why it is being done slowly, unfortunately.

As for the bonus experience, it is better to use these scrolls later, for example, on strong heroes. In your case, the increase will be weak.

Sirlancelot
03-24-2023, 03:51 PM
Hello there, Molder. Still playing your mod. I have put more than one thousand hours into it. I love it.

Looking forward to next english version release. Have you ever considered to make a Patreon? You would have quite a few supporters. Me among them.

PS: Does Wanderer magic work in 1.4.1? Sometimes spells global effects aren't shown in the UI despite animations being properly displayed.

EDITED: fixed a typo and other orthography errors.

Molder
03-25-2023, 10:43 AM
Hello there, Molder. Still playing your mod. I have put more than one thousand hours into it. I love it.

Looking forward to next english version release. Have you ever considered to make a Patreon? You would have quite a few supporters. Me among them.

PS: Does Wanderer magic work in 1.4.1? Sometimes spells global effects aren't shown in the UI despite animations being properly displayed.

EDITED: fixed a typo and other orthography errors.

Hello again. Sometimes I forget about this forum;)
Already told you about Patreon, I guess.

About Wanderer Magic: for some reason Darkside never shows you active spells like in previous versions. You have to remember them:(

Delwy Charmaine
07-18-2023, 06:01 AM
The global hardcore mod for King's Bounty Darkside, known as the Saturation mod, offers an enhanced gameplay experience Slope (https://slopeonline.org) with a multitude of new features.

SuanneScharbrough
03-28-2024, 08:58 AM
The impact your post has on its readers is profound, sparking thought and discussion. It's a valuable contribution to the online community.
prostadine (https://supplementlast.com/)