05-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi all,

what about the Script user manual promised. as mentioned on COD manual at page:

A complex Scripting feature is also provided which allows you to set your own
mission goals and directly cause events in a mission. As using them requires
some knowledge of programming, their description exceeds the scope of this
manual. We plan to release a comprehensive guide to Triggers and Scripting at
some point after the game is released.

Our team is working to use the scripts to write a complete eventlog, at the moment no web parsing is possible to use with COD.

I hope that this topic will be listened by Maddox team, it is important for the future COD community: without this there are no possibility to have international tournaments with web stats and so on...

Manuals please and instructions...

Thanks.

Ataros
05-19-2011, 08:37 AM
I guess it will be issued in quite some time after the USA release, end-user related bugs are fixed and FMB bugs are fixed.

If you have any practical and concrete questions right now try asking them in this thread both in English and in Google translation to Russian. I do not know if naryv speaks English but he talks to luthier often for sure.
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68629&page=5

Use this temporary solution before we have a community manager at 1C forums here if you really need some info.

_1SMV_Arden
05-19-2011, 06:32 PM
I guess it will be issued in quite some time after the USA release, end-user related bugs are fixed and FMB bugs are fixed.

If you have any practical and concrete questions right now try asking them in this thread both in English and in Google translation to Russian. I do not know if naryv speaks English but he talks to luthier often for sure.
http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=68629&page=5

Use this temporary solution before we have a community manager at 1C forums here if you really need some info.

Hi Ataros ,
with your posts and links to the translated Russian forum we were able to make many positive tests, thanks you.
We hope soon to be published documentation to proceed faster and with better results.

fearlessfrog
05-20-2011, 10:11 PM
EDIT: Apologies - wrong thread.

Any more feedback?

Example: It would take five minutes to:

1. Set up a Cliffs of Dover server on your PC, put it on the internet, give it a name as 'New Server - Great New Mission!'

2. Write a tiny c# script on a mission that deletes the users 'My Documents' directory or uploads your local PC's files to a site on the internet.

3. For each person that just connects to the server and hits 'Create' on the flight mission, see how step (2) would impact them. Bad news.

Sorry to be a bit dramatic, but with no comments back and FMB people not even commenting here, it makes me suspect this isn't being taken seriously as a potential problem?

Just to reiterate: It's possible to run executable code on each client PC that just connects to a CoD MP server. Not good.

This should be verified and looked at soon? Hopefully I am wrong?

_1SMV_Arden
05-20-2011, 11:28 PM
EDIT: Apologies - wrong thread.

Any more feedback?

Example: It would take five minutes to:

1. Set up a Cliffs of Dover server on your PC, put it on the internet, give it a name as 'New Server - Great New Mission!'

2. Write a tiny c# script on a mission that deletes the users 'My Documents' directory or uploads your local PC's files to a site on the internet.

3. For each person that just connects to the server and hits 'Create' on the flight mission, see how step (2) would impact them. Bad news.

Sorry to be a bit dramatic, but with no comments back and FMB people not even commenting here, it makes me suspect this isn't being taken seriously as a potential problem?

Just to reiterate: It's possible to run executable code on each client PC that just connects to a CoD MP server. Not good.

This should be verified and looked at soon? Hopefully I am wrong?

The first and only test that I run is that it does not write files on the PC client, but writes them on the host PC, so until it comes out an exploit to circumvent the system there should be no problems.
Remains a serious and should not be underestimated, which is why we insist that the documents be published soon about what can and what can not be done!
important, do not run missions with scripts downloaded from the internet without first checking what the script does!