PDA

View Full Version : TRENT - - - Testers wanted!!

raknefne
07-28-2018, 12:12 PM
The Trent War is finally finished. It's a completely new campaign with new story, quests and maps, I'd say 55% of the length of the original Crossworld game.

I have tested it myself, but there are normally small bugs in a new game and perhaps testers have different eyes on something, so before releasing it I'm looking for 2 testers for the first playthru. Quests/story etc I have tested in each map if they work, and also the biggest bugs are removed (7-9-13). I recommend playtesting in max HARD difficulty (=210%) in case something is too hard...

The boss strength can be adjusted in your current game, in case some are too strong. I have no clue about the finale boss, lizardman boss, I weakened it because it is a shorter game. The test will show that. A lot of the test will be balance issues. IMO the game should get hardest in the end.

You can read about the mod here in the forum.

All bugs or comments, you can write here in this topic, in this way other testers can comment too.

I have done most of the modding and mapmaking, Terroin has helped a little as well as making the fun creature sounds, Erkihlmarl has done spellchecking (we both have English as 2nd language, a test might help on that).

Let me know if you use steam or not, windows 10 or not, since my earlier mod Bonfire had issues with that and want to fix that before a release.

The mod will be installed like an extra campaign in Crossworld.

erkihlmarl and I are testing now.

raknefne
08-02-2018, 07:26 PM
When we are finished with the first playthru I write again for the final test. I just wonder how many is still playing ??? I mean with the lack of respons... anyway, I'm still having fun with the KB games, love it.

Erkilmarl
08-05-2018, 06:46 PM
I have Windows 10 and Steam. I changed difficulty from hard to normal and still this mod is very challenging. I'm still on the first island. I was going to say that everything is otherwise going fine, but now I noticed that Alchemists may cause the game to crash.

raknefne
08-06-2018, 07:25 AM
Good to hear Win10 works just fine. I haven't had problems with Alchemist in the enemy army. I only change stats on them regarding their damage with potions, which I increased a bit. Was it enemy alchemist or your own? In earlier test games I had crashes in the snow area... it was mostly in battle but was fixed by adding a music theme which I had left out. I will wait looking it over until further test.

I have added more stuff to pick up on the first 4 islands, in my test their were too little. Also a few flags in Jerneland and the next Sprudne Islands especially Crystals and Scrolls. Compared to vanilla their is less altars with Attack/Defense/Intellect, a lot of them are heavily guarded by a boss, hero or a Heroic Challenge. That can be changed ofc, but I prefer they most of them are at stronger enemies so you feel more rewarded.

I have added some map randomization like in Bonfire. The enemies move a lot more than in Bonfire - I figured out to make them follow certain paths. I have learnt a lot about the editor by making maps for Bonfire and Trent. The crashes in the editor is workable now. It is like an old lady, but if you treat the lady fine...

Did you find a way to open Trent.kfs winrar file to replace the files I sent? The files will give more exp bonus for the first 2 bosses. You will be 1-2 levels higher with the change after both fights.

You should be around level 9 when Jerneland is cleared - but I couldn't do it before doing some fights on the next island.

About difficulty, it's easy to adjust, but let's talk about that later. Now it is 125% - 170% - 210% - 250% perhaps it should be 100% - 150% - 200% - 250% ???
In my testgame, I always have to be on my toes, a few fights are no brainer, but mostly I had to think and in new ways. I met an army with just 4 stacks (3 was Repair Droids, 1 Demoness). I was using new
strategy by casting lvl3 slow on 1 droid until it was defeated, and moved on. In 40% of the fights I lose some creatures. Maybe it is normal against droids for other players, don't know, I haven't used that strategy before.

What class are you playing? I'm testing with a paladin on hard.

I might add an extra dungy in the 2nd map, we will see.

Erkilmarl
08-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Alchemists were my own and the problem happened in a snowy area, on sand they seem to perform fine.

Nope, I couldn't open the winrar file. I'll just have to wait.

I may not be the best to talk about difficulty. I never play on impossible. But it may be a good idea to lower the easy and normal level difficulty. I'm playing with Paladin, too. I often use two levels of Glory, but here all three are necessary at level 5.

You asked about the amount of troops on sale. For me they may be too low. At level 5 I've already bought all Priests, Goblin Shamans and Beholders.

raknefne
08-06-2018, 04:46 PM
Crash bug: My guess is that it isnt alchemist but the location. Could u send me a saved game if you have it, and descripe where exactly it crashes?

Jerneland: I'll increase the creature numbers for hire.

Difficulty: Will be 100-150-200-250%

I only developed Glory to lvl2 in my game. Ofc it depends on the conditions, they vary, but ofc I know the game hehe, as the creator...

Erkilmarl
08-06-2018, 06:09 PM
I'll send it to you by email. I land and fight the army represented as a Royal Snake. When Alchemists try to use the fire bomb, the game crashes. Btw. it's cramped around the statue there behind the snake, but manageable.

raknefne
08-07-2018, 03:49 AM
Cramped. Can u say more

Erkilmarl
08-07-2018, 04:18 AM
It is difficult to move there. I have to touch the statue from the left side and then I have to use the arrow keys to move out from there.

raknefne
08-07-2018, 06:01 AM
Ok. I'll check it, and the alchemist. I think I found the bug with alchmist, now it works fine.

I'll change diffi to 100% - 140% - 190% - 250%, and make the level up a little faster. 11% faster on easy and 5% on impossible.

I could send a new link to beta2, but then u would have to restart... what do you think?

I have added more stuff to pick up, more exp from bosses and early altars etc.

This statue with cramps..: is it one of the dwarven statues in the snow? there are a big and small one. You mentioned a snake army, but it is randomized, so in my game it was different creatures. I tried running around these two statues, but didn't get stucked... so??

I will have a look on the medal system, since the game is shorter than vanilla it should be faster to optain.

About replacing files in Trent.kfs as we discused in mails: I tried downloading the Trent from the link I mailed u, and I had no problems opening Trent.kfs. You can get winrar free versions online, which I think is the problem - in case we need to replace files in the future...

Erkilmarl
08-07-2018, 10:45 AM
The statue I mentioned was a Statue of the Conqueror, they aren't randomized, are they? But anyway, as I checked it now I didn't experience any trouble moving there. So I don't know what happened.

I could use the link for new version and I'll try to obtain winrar.

raknefne
08-07-2018, 11:14 AM
I meant creatures are randomized... hehe... misunderstanding, np. Uploading now and mail u.

Paladin: Instead of Scouting as the starting skill he now has the first in the middle tree (extra rage/mana against undead-demons). It makes more sense for a paladin imo. And helpful early on!

raknefne
08-07-2018, 01:53 PM
I could use one more tester. Isn't there somebody out there? Only Erkihlmarl has responded to my Trent posts, isn't there anyone playing KB anymore???

raknefne
08-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Erkihlmarl:
Medal system is adjusted. Plz have an eye on it if it is balanced. The strategian is 600 leadership when maxed, I lowered it for several reasons, one is that it isn't sooo crucial to get it maxed so fast. In many fights I had loses, sometimes I used eggs for the more difficult fights which results in loses. This was on the hard difficulty.

I testet the file u sent me, after fixing the alchemist bug, he throws fire potions with no crash now.

Erkilmarl
08-12-2018, 10:01 AM
All right, if there even are more casual players like me, they might want to have more of the level four units like Royal Thorns and Griffins, of which on the first island were only 3 - 4. I could use almost twice as much on the next two islands. The same concerns Paladins, of which 6 seems to be fixed number. Demonologists can be found more than needed, but I guess that's just luck.A few more would be nice. I have to use those top units to proceed smoothly - but have you made adjustments to some units? Should I test a greater variety of them?

Erkilmarl
08-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Is the dragon's egg faster now? I seem to recall it took two turns to burst open in the vanilla game.

raknefne
08-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Erkilmarl:
- the units for hire in jerneland: there's a certain randomness, so sometimes it is demoness, other times Evil Beholder etc. I've increased the numbers to hire, but won't add more of each type, should push you to use other strategies too... to survive... but perhaps 1 extra hut in the 2nd island, maybe? In the first 2 islands, more troops and better ones will be added after certain quests. In general when I mod I also try to push players to make new strategists to move forward instead of always the strong level 4 units like Paladin, Royal Griffin, Demonologist.

- the only changes to units I have made is a little balance and mostly in the human race. To make Priest and Knight more attractive for instance. Inkvisitor only has 2 charges of the rage/bless thing instead of 3 for instance. So just play, don't have to think about testing units. The knight for instance have 1 charge of Run but only with +1 to speed once. I was planning making a list of changes one day...

- Dragon Egg: I haven't touched the Pet skills. I know some of the skills changes the rest time depending on their level.

raknefne
08-14-2018, 06:11 AM
To Erkilmarl:
Did you try out a boss like Kraken or the Turtle - I suppose you need to be around level 8-9 for Kraken and 6-9 for Turtle. And did you try one of the Heroic Challenges?

Generally the testing is more about balance, like strength of bosses, enemies, amount/versatiles of creatures for hire and stuff to find. I've fixed most of the possible bugs with quests, scenary etc. (7-9-13)

Erkilmarl
08-14-2018, 03:10 PM
So far I've tried the old hero (Bill?) on the second island. About at level 10 and he seems to be impossible. He makes too much damage and have too much resistance that I can't just make enough damage. I don't know if a few levels more would make any difference. At least editing 1000 more leadeship and more troops didn't have any effect. Or will Amelie's level have much impact, like it does in many RPG:s? I can try again later.

Kraken and Turtle are doable as they are. I did neglect them. Now I see that the experience I receive will make the game little less challenging than it has been. Also I notice that after I complete the quest on Sprudne, there are more troops for hire, so the amount of troops seems to be ok. There's plenty of stuff to be found, more isn't needed, and neither less. It's great fun to find things even after I've once gone through an area.

raknefne
08-15-2018, 07:03 AM
There is an easier heroic battle on Jerneland did u do him? I had suspect the HC at sprudne was too hard. I look into it. He is stronest the first 3 rounds (hero info tell u about combat info) . Yes it is mage Bill from the Legend game.

The first bosses give good reward in exp to encourage doing them early.

Good to hear about looting.

Erkilmarl
08-15-2018, 08:21 AM
Is the HC on Jerneland the guy guarding the other castle just across the starting point? If it was him, then the level and difficulty of the encounter are ok.

raknefne
08-15-2018, 02:38 PM
Yes it was him. The story about him as the inventor of the pirate flag is true according to Google...

Erkilmarl
08-15-2018, 02:42 PM
But then I wonder, is it fair that eg. Leisner the Superfly has level 18, attack 2, and its 200 Dragonflies do 5000 damage to my 40 Dragonflies that have just done 100 damage to them. Amelie is at level 15 and has attack 11. Both have about the same defense. That battle cannot be won. Every enemy attack wipes out one of my armies.

raknefne
08-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Hm... I did the fly on HARD, with a some loses, but won. The level of the hero is just a number, does not effect how strong he is. It is the Attack, Def, Int, Mana, spells and resistances etc that I program him that matters. He would be just as strong if he was a level 2 hero but with same stats.

I'll think about it. But perhaps try him a little later? Anyway, I have noted him as an observation.

Erkilmarl
08-18-2018, 05:30 PM
I just found that the way to Upper Trent is behind a monster group. My advancement with all this "normal" stuff has been smooth.

raknefne
08-18-2018, 06:35 PM
There is also another way to upper Trent....

Erkilmarl
08-19-2018, 10:05 AM
Yes I see it now.

Smooth but not easy. Amelie is at level 20 now. I have won both Old Bill and Superfly. I needed Phantom spell, summoner troops and a well developed dragon for the fly. I think you can leave it as it is, dradonflies doing easily 5000 – 6000 damage. It is beatable even by me.

It is a wicked thing to put chests behind enemy troops (that is, a very good idea.)

It is a good idea, too, to have two ways to Upper Trent, one short guarded by lethal troops at first and one long and doable. Worldbuilding has been very good so far. I haven’t yet felt that a landscape would have been familiar from Crossworlds.

raknefne
08-19-2018, 04:48 PM
Bill I have made easier though and will look at the fly. Especially because u are playing at normal.

How was the hero fight at the windmills in lower Trent? U need to fight him for a main quest and to open the cellar underground in lower Trent...

And the orc guard at the short route to upper Trent?

I didn't reuse any Xworld maps, only a few arenas. So thx!

Erkilmarl
08-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Yes, I forgot my difficulty... the hero at the windmills is a tough one, mostly because he casts this spell that I don't have right now, was it Geysir, every round. I suffered more losses than in any of the recent battles. Archmages were completely wiped out. The orc hero was ok after I had gained a level or two in Dungeons and in Upper Trent.

raknefne
08-19-2018, 05:17 PM
Yes it is geysir the windmill hero casts. Should it be with a little less creatures?

Erkilmarl
08-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Yes, the player should have the chance to finish him faster.

raknefne
08-19-2018, 11:41 PM
Since I sort of "know" the Trent... lol... in a tough fight against a hero that uses geysir, I would sometimes switch my expensive units with eggs like Spider, Snake, Griffin. To save money... I did that against Bill the Legend on Sprudne. BTW Sprudne has a lot of "hidden" stuff, did u check ALL the lakes for chests? They get accessible after certain quests. Some hidden stuff a player would c the 2nd or 3rd time u play, I guess.

Bill the Legend: Was all the treasury including 1-3 level 5 units that joins accessable after the fight with Bill?

Do you recognize the Trent Dungeon? It is Hrasken Dungeon from Bonfire which has been altered a little, but most the treasury and armies.

Erkilmarl
08-20-2018, 01:54 PM
I see, I don't think I've found everything on Sprudne. It's one sign of a good game that you don't find everything at once.

I had no problems moving around after the fight with Bill.

Yes, the dungeon was familiar, I did play Bonfire quite a lot.

Erkilmarl
08-20-2018, 06:45 PM
Killed the big spider with acceptable losses (filled the arena with summoned units). I found some Trolls for sale, I'll take them with me for the next challenge... BTW, the challenge near the spider in the Trent dungeon is somewhat flawed: I could sneak past the creature and get the good stuff. (In the description it is stated that you will "loose" the whole Trent war instead of "lose").

raknefne
08-21-2018, 11:45 AM
Do you mean the Heroic Challenge near the entrance from Lower Trent?

Erkilmarl
08-21-2018, 12:34 PM
Yes, Ogyk K'Gorum.

Erkilmarl
08-21-2018, 05:32 PM
The step from Upper Trent to Krasen seems to be big. I think I have now killed about everything else and am at level 27. Almost everything is lethal there. BTW, have I seen somewhere the dwarf who is supposed to get some beer?

raknefne
08-21-2018, 06:50 PM
It is big! You missed out a map, Hopland, which is behind the big frog in Upper Trent. Krasen is the final map.

In difficulty it is in between Upper Trent and Krasen.

btw, how did the king's quest work? Hunting down the undead/demon armies back in Lower Trent. Did you go for them all?

Lvl 27... you have developed a lot since last time... as lvl 15.

To find the dwarf in Krasen that needs the beer, you have to walk thru the dungeon in Krasen.

Erkilmarl
08-21-2018, 07:12 PM
All right, I'll explore Hopland first. Nighttime, Trolls and level 3 Stone Skin were fatal to that frog (they weren't alone, though).

The king lost interest in undead skulls after three, I think. That is, he didn't react anymore.

raknefne
08-22-2018, 05:17 AM
king: didnt u get the bonus from the kill proofs even after the quest was done? He needed 3 for the quest, but you still get the mana/rage/stat bonus. Perhaps he should need more than 3 to make it better?

Frog: is it too easy or what? And what about exp reward from it and the spider, does it fit? It should give 1-2 level.

Also: in krasen the 2 Lighthouses are well guarded until you do the dwarf/beer quest, at that time it is no longer guarded. It is to prevent players looting for creatures too early....

Erkilmarl
08-22-2018, 11:19 AM
King: I didn't see how I could give the fourth skull. Perhaps it would be clearer if all six were needed.

Frog was hard enough. I lost 3 armies completely. Even one Troll died before I realised to cast Stone Skin. Experience, from both, is ok.

Erkilmarl
08-23-2018, 12:52 PM
Would the HC on Hopland be too hard? At level 29 I beat it with only half of my Paladin troop remaining (all else gone). In the end Ancient Ents were the hardest part of the battle.

Martha by the Moat in Upper Trent will cause a crash: She lets you buy something, there is the question "Do you really want to..." and then simultaneously asks the player about the name of the dragon.

raknefne
08-23-2018, 05:10 PM
HC hopland: I'll reduce it a bit. How was HC O'gyk in Trent Dungeon and Piet Hein in Upper Trent regarding balance?

Martha: it is only when you will buy it crashes, right? Quest is all ok? I think I know what could be the problem (old code from vanilla must be there....)

Erkilmarl
08-24-2018, 05:01 AM
O'Gyk was OK, which one was Piet Hein?

Yes, Martha's quest was all right.

raknefne
08-24-2018, 07:28 AM
Piet Hein = HC in Upper Trent near the portal for Lower Trent.

One creature sound, new one, it was in Bonfire but didnt work... "Meeeeet my deeeemons..." ... guess who...

Erkilmarl
08-24-2018, 10:59 AM
I have no clear memory of Piet Hein now. I guess that encounter wasn't too hard.

I know that creature sound, it is appropriately annoying.

Erkilmarl
08-24-2018, 03:27 PM
I could not beat K'Tahu at level 34, but beat it later with different tactics. Now I've out of the game, but I haven't yet solved the main quest. I returned and noted that in quests is stated that "Make a stand with King Mark, attack or follow him" and I had already answered that Amelie follows him. BTW, I wasn't ready for the confrontation, that is, I wasn't sure about saves...

And still learning: Make a note of all Calm Rage scrolls for use in Boss Battles...

One more note: In my latest save I have two of Julner's packages, but the quest says I have 0 of 3.

Erkilmarl
08-25-2018, 12:39 PM
I got this code from a chest; [Globstr_740'999'884]NF. Wonder what it means.

raknefne
08-26-2018, 06:40 PM
I got this code from a chest; [Globstr_740'999'884]NF. Wonder what it means.

Was it in Krasen? Was it a digged chest or on the surface or sea?

Erkilmarl
08-26-2018, 06:43 PM
Was it in Krasen? Was it a digged chest or on the surface or sea?

It happened in Jerneland, it was the chest beyond the guy shooting at the church.

raknefne
08-26-2018, 06:46 PM
I could not beat K'Tahu at level 34, but beat it later with different tactics. Now I've out of the game, but I haven't yet solved the main quest. I returned and noted that in quests is stated that "Make a stand with King Mark, attack or follow him" and I had already answered that Amelie follows him. BTW, I wasn't ready for the confrontation, that is, I wasn't sure about saves...

And still learning: Make a note of all Calm Rage scrolls for use in Boss Battles...

One more note: In my latest save I have two of Julner's packages, but the quest says I have 0 of 3.

Hm... I hope he will be beatable on impossible, have no clue. It is easy to adjust, though.

Calm Rage Scrolls: jesus, I never thought of keeping them... good idea!

The game can be finished without finishing even the main quest. If you have arrived in Krasen, you can just defeat the final boss (after bringing him 8 KillProofs from armies).

Main quest: When you answered you would follow the king, was it in Krasen or was it the elf in castle in Hopland that in most cases also ask you? If you go against the king, you have to fight him.

raknefne
08-26-2018, 06:48 PM
Do you have a save game BEFORE you make a decision with the king? I'd like to make the stand to fight him to check if the battle is balanced (a HC fight). Also a saved game before fighting the finale boss if you have it.

Erkilmarl
08-27-2018, 05:00 AM
I have both saves. I'll send them when I get home. I answered for King Mark in Krasen.

Erkilmarl
08-27-2018, 05:24 PM
So, now I’ve played the new mod through. I think it is so ready as a game that there isn’t much to say about any changes apart from the details I’ve mentioned. It is a tough game, even at normal level, which corresponds to about hard level in the original game. I did do most of the final island, but perhaps there the difficulty step upwards may be too much at hard and impossible levels.

Landscape building is very good, I didn’t get anywhere above ground the feeling that I had seen this before in the original game, except perhaps for the final island, which was built from the same material as the lizardfolk island in the original. Already in Crossworlds it was the island I liked least. Hopland was familiar to me from another mod, but it has ideas and features that Katauri never used.

The mod is relatively short, which is a good thing, since KB games are long. I’ve played them for hundreds of hours, but I rarely play to the end after I’ve once seen that it is possible. Years ago, there was the talk that WoTN isn’t as good as Crossworlds and that Darkside was even worse. It is a pity that we now have a new and fresh game made from the Crossworlds material, Trent War, that is as good as the Crossworlds was, but nobody seems to care.

Erkilmarl
08-27-2018, 05:30 PM
There may be small secrets I did not find yet, at least there is one source of gold that I found now as I started a new game and went through the first island.

Erkilmarl
08-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Perhaps requirements for Guardian Angel and Holy Warrior medals could be lower if you have the idea that level three should be possible to reach without excess extra casting of spells. I reached level three in all other medals except in two. Traps would require shepherding of enemy creatures which I did not want to do. Battle Alchemy needs right kind of troops or spells, which I did not use later in the game, so I guess it is ok that I had only level 1 in it.

raknefne
08-28-2018, 05:21 AM
Perhaps requirements for Guardian Angel and Holy Warrior medals could be lower if you have the idea that level three should be possible to reach without excess extra casting of spells. I reached level three in all other medals except in two. Traps would require shepherding of enemy creatures which I did not want to do. Battle Alchemy needs right kind of troops or spells, which I did not use later in the game, so I guess it is ok that I had only level 1 in it.

Thx for input. I'll have a look. it is VERY easy to adjust. Also there could be level 4 and 5 like in WoTn/Red Sand/Darkside. It is kind of annoying in vanilla that you have to use certain spells a lot to get medals... I sometimes use spells just for the medal and nothing else, for instance as a warrior using Berserk spell, which is wasty because you cannot controle it. but it gives medal points. But I don't intend to make huge changes in this mod, mainly the story/maps/campaign.

Thank you very much for the test, it is very helpful.

Erkilmarl
08-29-2018, 04:28 AM
Thank you. I had so much fun playing Trent War.

raknefne
08-30-2018, 09:06 AM
I'm glad to hear.

I start implements the small changes today. Then testing the small quest adjustments. Finally speedtesting with a superstrong hero with 800 Giants or so... I mainly test the changes after the test, it is mainly to test if all quests works as they should. I won't test Trent on Impossible, since there haven't been much respons here in the forum, but rather adjust when players report back. The only changes probably could be if the final boss is too hard or easy. It was tested on the normal difficulty by a level 35 Paladin. It can be adjusted in current came, so no worries.
It sounds balanced on normal, since Erkihlmarl couldnt take it as level 34 but came back again as level 35. Game ends with this battle nomatter how many quests you have done, but ofc the score will be lower without the quests.

Erkihlmarl, could you mail me the file records.txt file which is within the Trent.kfs (winfar file)? Because then your finale score will be in the official release. If it is ok with you. The scores will be updated here. I cancelled all records and added a low level fictive Amelie in the score, then yours will be there too.

To show you how easy it was to adjust the medals, here is an example of the medal Headhunter (killing enemy heroes), opening medals.txt file in Trent.kfs:
medal_headhunter_1 {
category=o
image=heroitem_medal_headhunter.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_medal_headhunter_1_name
hint=itm_medal_headhunter_1_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
medclass=-1
use {}
mods {
sp_antihero_rage=count,5
}
propbits=medal
params {
max1=5
max2=10
max3=15
order=2
param=0
var=enemy_heroes_killed
}

The color in red shows the 3 levels of the medals, first level at 5 hero kills, then 10 hero kills etc. This must be changed all 3 places in medals.txt, in
medal_headhunter_1, medal_headhunter_2 and medal_headhunter_3

and it works in current game.

raknefne
08-30-2018, 12:46 PM
- all bugs or imbalanced mentioned earlier like HC Bill in Sprudne is easier.

- Medals are adjusted, the mentioned are easier, also the firemage for Mage and Iron Knight for the Warrior.

- Julner's quest is fixed

- Krasen: Altars are stronger (behind not so important creatures).

-Krasen: The not-so-important creatures are lowered 15%, the humanoids which u need for the quest for K'ego are the same.

-You mentioned this quest didnt end properly:
Krasen, the quest make a stand with the king Mark. I tried fighting him or being friendly with him, either way it shows this, which is intended:

To end the war, you fight the boss K'Ego - you get his quest when u find him. When u defeat him, the quest is automatically finished.
The fight against the king was relatively easy btw. I've decided to remove the last line in quest log, so you finish the quest by making a stand.

I just need to test the changes and speedtest.

raknefne
08-30-2018, 01:01 PM
My thoughts on the main issue of the mod (besides having fun):

BTW the reason why I named the final boss, K'ego, is that I think that we will only truly do enough with the climate changes (which this mod is about), when we defeat our own EGO. Therefore the name K'ego. You can ask different people in Krasen that speak differently on this matter. I see the pollution on Earth as an 'outer' picture of our 'inner' mess. When we clean our 'inner' mess = ego... then we can relatively fast cleanup the Earth... that is my point with the topic 'climate changes' in THE TRENT WAR.

Also I chose the final map, Krasen, to be lizard-alike like Rehau with dirty braun water = polluted after careless thinking as the king...

raknefne
09-01-2018, 01:41 PM
The Trent War can be downloaded here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230196

A tester Erkilmarl who played it thru to the end wrote:
So, now I’ve played the new mod through. I think it is so ready as a game that there isn’t much to say about any changes apart from the details I’ve mentioned. It is a tough game, even at normal level, which corresponds to about hard level in the original game. I did do most of the final island, but perhaps there the difficulty step upwards may be too much at hard and impossible levels.

Landscape building is very good, I didn’t get anywhere above ground the feeling that I had seen this before in the original game, except perhaps for the final island, which was built from the same material as the lizardfolk island in the original. Already in Crossworlds it was the island I liked least. Hopland was familiar to me from another mod, but it has ideas and features that Katauri never used.

The mod is relatively short, which is a good thing, since KB games are long. I’ve played them for hundreds of hours, but I rarely play to the end after I’ve once seen that it is possible. Years ago, there was the talk that WoTN isn’t as good as Crossworlds and that Darkside was even worse. It is a pity that we now have a new and fresh game made from the Crossworlds material, Trent War, that is as good as the Crossworlds was, but nobody seems to care.